Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity needs a blessing

(PSN)Mahd2_7

Because almost everyone does want trinity in team but no one want to play her.
It is really that simple.
I myself grew angry because people do not cooperate with me,so I do not play her anymore.

For survival I'll take nekro for more loot and just spin to win for days. He does not need energy and gets more hp balls than you ever need.

Yeah pretty much that.

She's boring AF to play. All she does is fling her arm out and give people numbers on the top right of their screen. There's nothing "flashy" about her that draw people in.

Which is exactly how I feel about Saryn, except that people are drawn in by the "flashy" top damage done every map. Unfortunately, Trinity doesn't get a "top healing/prevention" chart, so nobody gives a S#&$.

I played trin when I hosted raids with my boys and I only use her now IF I just want to pub a tri-cap.

The reason why she isn’t in demand anymore is because of the way things have changed. There are many ways to obtain energy, and with great builds in use hardly anybody who knows what their doing will die. That’s why Trinity is out of the loop. Besides, her kit isn’t all that enticing, and there are other effective squad set-ups for long survival runs. 

There’s a special place in my heart for her however. I have lots of raid memories w/ her. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

12 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Yeah pretty much that.

She's boring AF to play. All she does is fling her arm out and give people numbers on the top right of their screen. There's nothing "flashy" about her that draw people in.

Which is exactly how I feel about Saryn, except that people are drawn in by the "flashy" top damage done every map. Unfortunately, Trinity doesn't get a "top healing/prevention" chart, so nobody gives a S#&$.

There is also "getting blamed for everything" factor

Your grame crashes? Trinity is the issue
You die afking at spawn that is on other side of map from your team? Damn Trinity
Eidolon hunt is taking too long? Trinity l2p pls

You do not have 20 nitain extract to craft vauban? Trinity reported to DE!
You got scammed in trade chat? Trinity go *** ***
You can not tell difference between jesus,god and holy spirit? Trinity again!
You got banned for calling Nezha:ancient device used to CC wildlife IRL? Trinity really overdid it this time.

9 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Yeah pretty much that.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if more people are willing to play Trinity even if there was a healing or team contribution stat.

To the TC, support characters are typically not often played no matter what game you play, whether it be a game like this, an MMORPG, or an MOBA. You'e not hurting things, and in a lot of cases people are more impressed by how much damage you do, not how much healing you do. I imagine the verbal abuse is also another reason. This coming from someone who does play support characters in other games, and somewhat fortunate enough to avoid it, but I have heard of far too many horror stories of the opposite that it's infuriating.

Also, Zenurik's Energizing Dash, Squad Energy Restores, and (if you're filthy rich or super lucky) Arcane Energize exist, which may also be a factor as to why people do not bring Trinity. Of course, there are situations where a Trinity is asked, like Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and 3+x3 tridolon runs. But those are exceptions; I think you're asking more in general.

On the other hand, since support characters are generally not often played, this means support characters are higher in demand and therefore can get into parties much easier, so there's that. But yeah, that's in other games. In Warframe? Not so much.

I think you were around to have seen the infamous Castana Trinity build, right? Yeah...

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mahd2_7 said:

Is it just me or does everyone else not see any trinity being used in long survivals no more. I was wondering why don't people consider her when selecting frames to be considering energy is such a key part of your warframes never mind an insta heal

I had the misfortune of getting stuck in a defense node when the other three pulled out while I was deciding whether to continue.

I made it to wave 19 before I literally ran out of bullets and was forced to run around trying to melee bombard eximi well above my level.

Then I ran out of energy, and game over.  This was despite using Clem, an Ancient Healer specter, and a Trinity force specter healing me.

Yes, in hindsight, I should build some DPS or tanking specters for just such an emergency...however...

This experience made me wish for some kind of damaging skill to replace Trinity's 1...something like "vampirizes life force out of target to give to group"...or something.  Trinity melee is just not going to win the day in this scenario...at least, not at my skill level, having only played for 2 months.

Cheers, Tenno...

Edited by Soulquencher

2 minutes ago, Soulquencher said:

I had the misfortune of getting stuck in a defense node when the other three pulled out while I was deciding whether to continue.

I made it to wave 19 before I literally ran out of bullets and was forced to run around trying to melee eximes well above my level.

Then I ran out of energy, and game over.  This was despite using Clem, an Ancient Healer specter, and a Trinity force specter healing me.

Yes, in hindsight, I should build some DPS or tanking specters for just such an emergency...however...

This experience made me wish for some kind of damaging skill to replace Trinity's 1...something like "vampirizes life force out of target to give to group"...or something.  Trinity melee is just not going to win the day in this scenario...at least, not at my skill level, having only played for 2 months.

Cheers, Tenno...

You could just use meme melee like a good boi and more importantly do not play trinity if you do not want your team do disappoint you.
Trin is one of better frames for solo defense,but it does not mean she is amazing at it,it just means there are frames very bad at it.
:^) 

Her 1 and 2 is life and mana 3 and 4 are damage reduction with bit of damage reflection.
There is no space for anything else if you do not want her 4 also AOE instant kill whole map.
And her 1 would need to be really op to kill enemy you could not melee to death.Easy the best ingame.
After we do it for trin,people will want it for every character.

Best would be to remove trinity from game with lunaro and archwing and then just give us 5% energy regen per second or large energy restore multi-craft

1 hour ago, 4thBro said:

Yeah pretty much that.

IF you play her only for 2 or 4 then I agree she sucks to play.

If you play her for 2, 3 and 4 the she is a more enjoyable to play.

Just now, Brorelia said:

IF you play her only for 2 or 4 then I agree she sucks to play.

If you play her for 2, 3 and 4 the she is a more enjoyable to play.

I like to play her for 234, yes, of course.

Blessing + Link is insane damage reduction. Lets her Cleaving Whirlwind around all she wants, or whatever.

But like... I'm loosely saying, "I like to play her." I more mean, that's the BEST way. Still not good.

3 minutes ago, MidoriFuse said:

You could just use meme melee like a good boi and more importantly do not play trinity if you do not want your team do disappoint you.

There is no space for anything else if you do not want her 4 also AOE instant kill whole map.

Best would be to remove trinity from game with lunaro and archwing and then just give us 5% energy regen per second or large energy restore multi-craft

I have no idea what "meme melee" is, even after attempting to google it.  Kids nowadays.

You have my support for Trinity's 4 being and AOE insta kill whole map 1 time out of X,000 uses on a 48 hour cooldown.

Please, leave my Trinity in game...but ditch "Ark-Wing" (see my other post), please, for the love of all that is holy...

1 minute ago, Soulquencher said:

I have no idea what "meme melee" is, even after attempting to google it.  Kids nowadays.

You have my support for Trinity's 4 being and AOE insta kill whole map 1 time out of X,000 uses on a 48 hour cooldown.

Please, leave my Trinity in game...but ditch "Ark-Wing" (see my other post), please, for the love of all that is holy...

Most famous melee mod ingame [meme strike] and you do not know about it? No wonders you could not kill anything.

19 minutes ago, MidoriFuse said:

Most famous melee mod ingame [meme strike] and you do not know about it? No wonders you could not kill anything.

Only been playing a few weeks.  Barely got past Uranus yet, and that was kind of rough.

(Googling further) Oh...I see...(WARNING: VIDEO LANGUAGE IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK [NSFW])

Just FYI, no Warframe newbie is going to know about this.

Cheers.

Edited by Soulquencher

Just now, Soulquencher said:

Only been playing a few weeks.  Barely got past Uranus yet, and that was kind of rough.

(Googling further) Oh...I see...

Just FYI, no Warframe newbie is going to know about this.

Cheers.

Did you say that you play for 2 months? There was event rewarding it few days ago.
Also I've got only 3 months of log-in rewards we are basically both newbies. I m just newbie wit almost 49 mastery rank.

There are other ways to make melee great [condition overload] check that one too. It is little bit cheaper and more fun.
Maybe give a look to Rivens too they can give 200% crit on slide,better than maiming itself and cheaper.

After all that,it was just a prank bro. Truth be told,trinity is my bae i want to keep her here. On other side,arch wing and lunaro was not joke at all :^)

7 minutes ago, MidoriFuse said:

Did you say that you play for 2 months? There was event rewarding it few days ago.
Also I've got only 3 months of log-in rewards we are basically both newbies. I m just newbie wit almost 49 mastery rank.

There are other ways to make melee great [condition overload] check that one too. It is little bit cheaper and more fun.
Maybe give a look to Rivens too they can give 200% crit on slide,better than maiming itself and cheaper.

Couldn't access that event because I hadn't unlocked those nodes yet.  Just barely past "Second Dream" now.

I'm stuck at MR7 because, at my age, I can't parkour worth Archwing...I mean, crap.  Same thing.  I may be here 2 years from now stuck at MR7, because I can't get past the MR8 bullet jump test, no matter which frame I have tried.

Thanks for the info re: condition overload.  Got my first locked Riven the other day...will check it out. 

And now...back to saving the universe...

Edited by Soulquencher

Advanced movement (parkour) is possibly the most recognizable feature of the game.

I really enjoy Trinity and her abilities (except for Well of Life, it's BS placeholder), but having to stop jumping around only to cast Link or EV really triggers me. It totally ruins the game flow.

I just did 1 hour Ani survival last night with public group, using a Trinity.

The thing is most players typically expired too fast and got downed and killed, 
so playing a healer can save you the trouble of reviving people.

I did 40% overall damage among 4 players for that. Seriously when your weapons is OP
Healer and DPS can be 2 in 1.

23 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I just did 1 hour Ani survival last night with public group, using a Trinity.

The thing is most players typically expired too fast and got downed and killed, 
so playing a healer can save you the trouble of reviving people.

I did 40% overall damage among 4 players for that. Seriously when your weapons is OP
Healer and DPS can be 2 in 1.

Anecdotal evidence proves nothing. Yes, Trinity is a powerful frame, but her stationarity goes against the basic idea of the game itself.

Usually it's the other way around.

Case 1. Saryn wipes the entire map leaving not a single target to cast EV on. Blames Trinity for having not enough energy to wipe an entire map again.

Case 2. Exterminate/capture/sabotage/whatever. While rushing towards objective Trinity has to stop for a second to cast EV in order to fill her energy enough to be able to cast Blessing. By the time she's done the rest of the squad is already 200m ahead, 2 of them are downed blaming Trinity for no healing received.

My point is she has to be able to use EV and Link while performing parkour actions. I think that is the main reason she is so unpopular, no one likes to be the slow one, left behind and yet blamed by bad players for their own incompetence, despite the fact she saved their sorry arses repeatedly.

17 minutes ago, saradonin said:

Anecdotal evidence proves nothing. Yes, Trinity is a powerful frame, but her stationarity goes against the basic idea of the game itself.

Usually it's the other way around.

Case 1. Saryn wipes the entire map leaving not a single target to cast EV on. Blames Trinity for having not enough energy to wipe an entire map again.

Case 2. Exterminate/capture/sabotage/whatever. While rushing towards objective Trinity has to stop for a second to cast EV in order to fill her energy enough to be able to cast Blessing. By the time she's done the rest of the squad is already 200m ahead, 2 of them are downed blaming Trinity for no healing received.

My point is she has to be able to use EV and Link while performing parkour actions. I think that is the main reason she is so unpopular, no one likes to be the slow one, left behind and yet blamed by bad players for their own incompetence, despite the fact she saved their sorry arses repeatedly.

I suppose being mindful of the situations instead of rushing ahead like an idiot knowing 
the enemies can kill you, while the healer is still way behind and out of healing range
Instead of blaming the healer for not catching up to them.

sadly this level of mindfulness is not present in most of the players I met, hence I main Trinity to heal up anyone 
because they tend to think they are invincible while obviously they aren't

I agree with the link and EV need to be casted mid-air, not only for the fluidity of the play, 
and sometime the only safe spot might be the short seconds you bullet jump into mid-air and gliding back, 
it is also the clearest overview of the crowd of enemies and best for casting skills.

Yet EV and Link seems to have their design stuck back in parkour 1.0.

Though for your argument 
Case 1 - Energizing Dash, I know this is a lazy trick, but there are times where using this 
instead of EV will help your teammate faster since killing them out of visual range is the best method to prevent getting killed.

Then again I overkill by playing Trinity main, carry 200 medium, 200 large energy restores... and maxed energizing dash.

Case 2 - Formaing Trinity and maxing efficiency, this might sounds stupid, but having spare mod points on warframes 
gives more starting energy, this is often paired off with "First energizing dash" as in the first thing I do when loaded into missions sometime is
simply fill up energy with Energizing Dash, this means there is 10 - 20 castings of blessing in case the team run into trouble
before EV can be done to obtain more energy.

I usually do EV when the team run into a crowd, this means there is plenty of targets, typically beyond team capabilities to kill 
therefore a crowd will stay around. so EV and Corinth Airburst, EV the next poor thing downed on the floor, rinse and repeat until 
team is full of energy.

9 hours ago, Soulquencher said:

Couldn't access that event because I hadn't unlocked those nodes yet.  Just barely past "Second Dream" now.

I'm stuck at MR7 because, at my age, I can't parkour worth Archwing...I mean, crap.  Same thing.  I may be here 2 years from now stuck at MR7, because I can't get past the MR8 bullet jump test, no matter which frame I have tried.

Thanks for the info re: condition overload.  Got my first locked Riven the other day...will check it out. 

Have you tried Zephyr or Titania for that MR test?

Zephyr's slow fall passive would make it significantly easier.  Titania's 4 lets you literally fly, so no need to use any parkour at all to finish it.

10 hours ago, Soulquencher said:

Sounds like you're about where I am. I'm just about done with Pluto and and trying to farm special mods on Lua so I can unlock Sedna Junction and with it The War Within quest. I'm also MR7 and about 22k from MR8.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

10 hours ago, Soulquencher said:

No bullet jumps are required to beat the test.

1) There are many other ways to get free energy: zenurik, energize, gear

2) Hardly people build their frame for low efficiency

3) Hardly you die in this game (moreover with magus elevate + arcane guardian whatever frame is close to immortality). In the remote chance you may die, there are no meaning consequences, so there is no real need for healing, is just a form of luxury or required for specific tasks as for eidolons hunt.

4) Even if her skillset is generally usefull, she probably is the most boring frame to use. As many others told, all what she does is flip her hands and gives stat bonus or numbers, the only fun mechanic (the chain to mitigate damage) was butched from its fun, now ignoring selfdamage.

5) You must always choose between a bless build or an ev build, this limits her possibilities and use.

TL DR : She is boring and for the resources we have atm, outdated. You bring her out only to fight absurde damage dealers enemies, which are a rarety in wf.