Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

TL;DR

Flora - a support Buffer warframe

1: Encase target in a tree with tripping roots

2: create different plants that grant different buffs based on actions.

3: small heal and way to keep plants alive

4: custom make a buff depending on button presses

ALTERNATE NAMES

Spoiler

Flora - plants of a certain type or era

Druid - a preist of nature

Druidia (Lol Space Balls) - variation of druid

Spriggan - a plant faery

Botana - variation of botanical meaning plant "related to plants"

Epiphyte - plants that grow on another organism

Pith - a soft tissue in plants

Spora - an organism having spore like properties

Phyta - a suffix meaning plant

Phytoid - one that resembles plants

Thylak - variation of thylakoid which helps with photosynthesis

Kloris - variation of Khloris(chloris), who is a godess of flowers

Auxin - a plant hormone that helps regulate plant growth

Venus - as in venus fly trap

Juniper - named after a berry :D

Femlock - altered version of hemlock

Hayle - Pronounced like holly

If you have any names in mind please share :)

Hey tenno, before you bash on the idea of plants in space lets get some things straight! she uses the plants through her suit which generates spores that may grow at incredibly rapid rates, the plants are genetically altered to feed off of any gas they can find.

now, without further ado Flora!

siXrAX5.png

3D model by forgottenlord

3OAHyPhxASc.jpg

sXeDbfT.jpg

Fan Art

Spoiler

qB2mUrk.jpg

sVD4RCt.jpg

Flora V5 by forgottenlord

DbLdeXZmMxo.jpg

Flora With Daphne Helmet by Sictanpc

GroXR6J.jpg

Previous Concept Art

Spoiler

zKuDsiT.jpg

OfCuXE0.jpg

mYUp9ac.jpg

yzvVgVi.jpgQyKmxul.jpg

6VTT4Nj.jpg

lGQcrUB.jpg

old art
8HgWWpc.jpg

iqNZwc7.jpg
A8gb2rD.jpg

Aromis Archwing [open to renaming]

Spoiler

click here for stats and abilities!
tsI3uMp.jpg

original archwing concept by LinkGetsuei
0BbAG4I.jpg

Other concept art

Spoiler

The Daphne Helmet that opens in the light!

veJIR2m.jpg

i2INqUZ.jpg

HlBiHyK.jpg

mNrF4Bs.jpg

ICuz5J6.jpg
u7nmHfS.jpg

YBhkUtH.jpg
gLfuiy5.jpg

NDNilaw.jpg

Acquisition 

Needs all new info. Open to suggestions.

URWlsAG.jpg
STATS (at level 30)

Spoiler

Health: 100 (300 at 30)
Shield: 150 (450 at 30)
Power: 150 (225 at 30)
Armor: 100
Speed: 1.15

Polarities: 20px-Bar.png and 20px-D.png
Aura: 20px-D.png

SIMPLIFIED STATS (RATING)

1 being worst, 5 being best

Spoiler

Health: 2/5
Shield: 4/5
power: 5/5
Armor: 3/5
Speed: 4/5

Stat Total: 4/5 (Above Average)

COMPARATIVE STATS

If you're not good with numbers look here!

Spoiler

Health: Flora has Low Health preventing her from taking full advantage of mods like rage or vitality.

Shield: Flora has pretty high shields allowing her to endure lighter attacks more frequently.

power: Flora's power is quite high as well, being as high as the highest energy capacity non prime frames.

Armor: Flora has fair armor, cushioning her further from harm and making her able to endure collateral damage.

Speed: Flora is very fast, the only frames faster than her are certain prime frames.

JsAz6xh.jpg

Passive:

Whenever an enemy dies around flora, they grant her 1 energy and  grant life counters to all plants in Death Phase which will return them to Life Phase after they acquire 10 counters.

a9svSPO.png
1-Lignify:

Flora throws a technocyte seed to embed and grow into her target encasing them in an orokin tree.

Life Phase

• encases target for 10/16/22/28 [30% per level] seconds
  • The tree will enter Death Phase when the unit dies.
  • The tree will send out roots dealing 10/20/30/40 [100% per level] impact damage and knocking enemies down.
  • Tree roots have a radius of 8 meters which is affected by power range
  • Lignified target will take 20/22/24/26% [10% per level] of the damage their allies in the root range take.
  • The tree may also act as an obstacle blocking bullets and other projectiles.

Death Phase

• When the tree dies it will activate Flora's passive 10 times
  • When the tree re-enters Life Phase it will recast one the nearest 3 targets.
glESkEl.png
2-Garden:

Flora makes her power volatile, allowing her to create plants whenever she kills an enemy with a gun or melee weapon or when she bullet jumps.

• All plant buffs stack with each plant and scale with power strength
  • Plants last 15/18/21/24 [20% per level] seconds. affected by duration.
  • Plant buff range is 30 meters

Life Phase

• Type 1): When Flora reloads she will grow a plant that grants 4/8/12/16 [100% per level] ammo regen to the magazine.
  • Type 2): When Flora bullet jumps, she will create a short flat flower that will grant 2/3/4/5/6% bonus overall speed.
  • Type 3): When Flora kills or assists, she creates a medium size, thick flower that grants 1/2/3/4/5 Armor to you and allies.

Death Phase

• Type 1): When this plant dies it restores 5 energy to flora and her allies
  • Type 2): When this plant dies it grants flora's allies 1/2/3/4/5% damage mitigation for 5/6/7/8/9 seconds.
  • Type 3): When this plant dies it Grants 6/7/8/9/10% bonus damage to flora and her allies for 5/6/7/8/9 seconds.

sK3teB2.png

3-Death Cap:

Flora grows a field of mushrooms that will grow over time.

Flora makes a field of mushrooms that grows up to 4 mushrooms that grow over 15 seconds. The growth time is affected inversely by duration. Flora's allies may pick up the mushrooms to gain it's buffs.

Life Phase

• The mushroom will grant bonus crit chance starting at 2/4/6/8/10% growing up to 10/20/30/40/50% at max size.
  • The mushroom will grant bonus Status chance starting at 5/10/15/20/25% growing up to 20/40/60/80/100% at max size,
  • The mushroom will also grant power strength starting at 10% growing up to 100% at max size. this effect is not affected by power strength.
  • The mushrooms allows abilities that deal damage to crit.
  • The buff lasts 5/7/9/11/13 Seconds.

Death Phase

• Death phase is activated after either the mushroom is taken or 20 seconds after it reaches full size.
  • Upon death it activates Flora's passive once.

fEAKjPv.png

4-Glade:

Flora reaches her roots through the void and pulls all plants to her, making her surroundings a forest.

• Affects all plants on the map
  • All plants in Death Phase will be put into Life Phase
  • All plant buffs are increased by 10/20/30/40/50% for 10/12/14/16/18 Seconds.

ALTERNATE ABILITIES

Spoiler

Brambles: Flora grows a large circle of bramble that prevents enemies from walking through it and will heavily slow and deal slash damage with a 100% proc to enemies who try. bramble upon cast will push all enemies out to the edge of brambles range and ensnare them. Hitting brambles with elemental damage will cause it to deal 10/40/70/100 elemental damage per second while enemies are inside of it, with a 60% proc.Using elemental abilities such as volts 1 or oberon's 1 or any elemental damage skill that may target or shoot may hit brambles and deal that damage to every enemy caught in brambles, in addition it will add the passive elemental damage.
Bramble has a 3/6/9/12 meter radius and lasts 15/20/25/30 seconds.

Spoiler

jzLCfpx.gif

power duration: affects how long bramble remains up
power strength: affects the slash damage value and elemental damage value
Power range: affects the radius and a the thickness of the walls

Changes

Spoiler

[added elemental effects to brambles(thanks to Lactamid)]
[changed the snare to new enemies entering to a slow and slash damage]

Syndicate Mod

Spoiler

Trip Wire: enemies who pass through the brambles have their armor reduced by 33% and trip after leaving

Verdance-Flora generates an enormous man eating plant that follows flora and sprawls it's vines and roots everywhere within it's 5/7/9/11 meter reach and will pull enemies with the vines dragging them to it's mouth. The plant deals 100/200/300/400 puncture damage every 2 seconds as it chews it's enemies, anyone may shoot the plant and it will add that damage to everyone in the plant's maw and will add elemental damage if any. Skills may also be used on the plant to add damage and elements.when an enemy dies in the plants mouth, they will be consumed restoring 10/12/14/16 energy per corpse to allies within the radius of 10/11/12/13 meters. Verdance lasts 20/24/28/30 seconds.

Spoiler

Power Duration: affects the duration of Verdance

Power Strength: affects the energy yield of Verdance and damage

Power Range: affects the sprawl of the roots and energy restore

power Efficiency: affects the energy yield as well.

Syndicate Mod

Spoiler

Growing Monstrosity: every time the verdance feeds it gains +3 seconds to it's duration and grows larger

Verdance(old):Flora makes an overgrowth of plants around her wherever she goes for 8/9/10/11/12 seconds impaling any enemies in it's radius of 5/7/9/11 meters dealing heavy puncture damage every 3 seconds and staggering the enemy.

Spoiler

B6EyI2A.gif

aesthetics

Spoiler

Imagine something like this happening to a grineer/corpus ship!

5409841_orig.jpg

power duration: affects the length of time verdance is active
power strength: affects the strength of the puncture damage and partially the hit frequency
power range: affects the radius of verdance

changes

Spoiler

[nerfed the snare into a stagger]

Syndicate Mod

Spoiler

Grafted Strength: allies within the radius of Verdance have 50% increased damage

Synthesis(toggle)(old): This skill has no cast time or animation, but activating it has an initial cost of 25. Flora begins to pulse with life, she will heal 4/6/8/10% of her missing health every 5/4/3/2 seconds. Synthesis will also affect allies within 5/6/7/8 meters from her. costs 12/11/10/9 energy per second

Spoiler

iSyBbdQ.gif

power duration: affects the cost of Synthesis
Power Strength: affects the heal amount
power range: affects the radius that allies must be from flora to be healed
power efficiency: affects the per second cost

Changes

Spoiler

[buff to affect allies like an AOE (thanks to LinkGetsuei)]
[nerfed from healing 10/50/90/130 flat health]

Syndicate Mod

Spoiler

Vital Waves: each heal sends out a blast wave that has a 50% proc chance

Burst of Life: Flora creates a spore mass to hyper generate into an enormous tree in front of her whos roots will lash out at enemies dealing 200/400/600/800 slash damage every 3 seconds for 9/15/18/21 seconds. the roots will also stagger and have a 40% chance to knock down.

Oaken Guardian: Flora covers a target in spores turning them into an invincible plant golem like guardian which deals 100/150/200/250 impact per hit (very slow attack speed) with a 100% chance to stagger and a 60% chance to knock down. the Oaken Guardian lasts 20/25/30/35 seconds.

Seeds of Creation: Flora places a seed mass at her current location which will remain there for 12/18/24/30 seconds. if you or your allies would be be downed or bleed out within 10/15/20/25 meters of the seed mass they will automatically resurrect at the seed location. there are 4 seeds within the mass (allowing up to 4 total regenerations)

Living Armor: Flora creates vines and roots around her increasing her armor by 5/10/15/20 and blocking status affect on you for 5/7/9/11 seconds

Root Leash: Flora sends roots into an enemy linking flora to the enemy, that enemy can not travel 12/10/8/6 meters away from you and if you would travel out of the range they are dragged with you staggering them. rooting an enemy will also begin to heal you by 1/2/3/4% of your total health every 2 seconds and hurt them by that amount. Root Leash has a 4/6/8/10 seconds duration.

Crawling Vines(toggle): Flora turns herself into vines on the ground and will travel undetected, when she deactivates the skill she will reform and vines will rise and snare all enemies within 1/1.1/1.2/1.3 meters.

Other Plant Warframes

Treant by Beastbane

Abrus by Xiusa

Alder by .Moesashi_Shirayuki

Sprite by Elvis276

Tellurik by Zounderth

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/338196-nature-warframe'>Sage by InuGaNiku

Opinions? Ideas? lay em on me.

Edited by MrPigman
  • Like 1

this is rather nice,

we see alot of plant suggested frames,

and then of course get the people who say we have saryn, who is not plant frame

she is poison frame

i like this design,

i can see this in game

with the tenno flowing painted metal texture look they have,

the glowing bulb i assume is the energy part,

i  would expect to her to be smaller like a post above stated,

lithe and agile, a fast frame by nature,

im seeing her as run and gun caster type

similar.. to saryn.... but a lighter version with a slight altered playstyle.

im keen to  see this actually happen,

its one of the better suggested frames.

with the newly shown clothes update testes in the recent dev stream..

i would imagine her petal skirt thing would sway, like petals do in the wind.

and if she is generating spores

it would be nice touch to have spores slowly blowing off her and stuff,

maybe an idle where she shakes and like  spores float off.

She sounds kind of OP, you may have gone a little to powerful on her abilities. 

Though she sounds pretty good, I can't help but not like the idea of a plant based frame in warframe.  DE already moved into the fantasy realm with hydroid, and I really really don't want to see them continue with that.  If we only were fighting on earth like areas, then sure it could be rationalized.  But for the most part we are fighting in rather sterile environments, so a plant based frame in a sci fi game really starts to push into fantasy. 

I am not saying I don't like your frame idea, its actually pretty cool, I just don't think it fits this game. 

She sounds kind of OP, you may have gone a little to powerful on her abilities. 

Though she sounds pretty good, I can't help but not like the idea of a plant based frame in warframe.  DE already moved into the fantasy realm with hydroid, and I really really don't want to see them continue with that.  If we only were fighting on earth like areas, then sure it could be rationalized.  But for the most part we are fighting in rather sterile environments, so a plant based frame in a sci fi game really starts to push into fantasy. 

I am not saying I don't like your frame idea, its actually pretty cool, I just don't think it fits this game. 

with hyrdoid? that doesnt make sense,

and all the frames fit fine,

its a sci fi game,

there really isnt rules to sci fi.

some frames seem to fit better for sure

but hydroid doesnt merit fantasy at all

he's water frame,

akin to ember being fire frame and so on with frost

limbo would be fantasy,

hes magician theme

but uses the void, so it fits,

mesa is just good with gun

so her moves revolve around that,

still fits theme,

it all fits.

thanks for the comments guys! i read all the comments and it's clear i may need to nerf some things with the 1 and 4. i will work on that as well as some more concept art. maybe a height comparison and alt helmet. 

also to address the delving into fantasy realm thing, in the beginning i wrote that she uses spores generated by her suit, this suggests that the frame has some sort of rapid bio-generation abilities to it, which is a pretty logical in the sense of science.

• Like 1

I must say she is very pretty. Based on her skills, she almost seems like Ember's woodland little sister. You'll see why I say that..

As for her base stats, she's rather overly tanky compared to the usual trend. Only Zephyr would top her(who I'd say is even more so overly tanky), but she also has negligible armor to compensate. 80 armor may be a touch too high. Possibly reduce it to 50 since her shields are lower.

Her 1 is certainly OP. Instant de-tank. I'd say choose either armor reduction or damage buff. The armor reduction should probably be a bit less, then modified by power strength. Personally, I'd like to see this skill be castable on both enemies and allies similar to Banish. Enemies affected would have armor reduced, and allies affected would receive a damage buff or regeneration.

Her 2 is very nice. Pushing enemies out is great, but also keeping them out puts Vauban's higher cost augmented Bastille to shame. Instead of keeping them out, maybe it applies a slow similar to the Infested Moas' sludge, and also applies a DOT since they're thorny vines. Gives it a bit of a Fireblast feel.

Her 3.. Great idea and follows her theme well, but it's honestly way too much health way too quick. Maybe instead of it being a toggle, make it last say 10 seconds, and heal that 130 health as the total health recovered modified by strength, and the duration is inversely affected by duration. So more duration mods means shorter skill time means that 130 health quicker. Or make it work similar to Saryn's augmented Molt.

Edit: Alternatively, keep it a toggle and make her retract into a large flower bulb, immobilizing her but recovering some amount of health over time. When she emerges, she somewhat explodes out, launching spores and pollen everywhere blinding enemies in her immediate surroundings. Kind of a puddle like skill.

Her 4 is excellent. No complaints there. I've been dying for another skill similar to Ember's WoF, and this is just perfect. The snare is great for this skill too, and maybe snared targets have reduced armor as well. Plays along with her anti-armor theme from her 1.

Please give her a Venasaur alt helmet pliiisisssss. Like.. instead of the firefly pod on her scalp, its a rose bud or something.

I can see her idle animation being holding her hands up to her face and blowing off rose petals into the wind. She has a very serene mystical forest feel to her.

All in all, 5/5 would bang buy.

Edited by -CM-Jaypalm

The art I like very much, very floral faery-like, that is a positive not a negative.

The powers fit very nicely too.

The first thing I thought of was the old comment that Valkyr might have been plant-based.

Joke or not, I can picture her head with your design

Very nicely done.

• Like 1

thought id make a rough model/textured version of your art. hopefully i can greatly improve it, some parts are altered and i made the overall color darker/desaturated.

1XLwJh1.png

Oh man that looks awesome! mind if i put it into the OP? ill give ya credit!

Also! did some modifications to stats and lignify.

Loving the progress here. Looks like you adopted the dual cast Lignify and you made a concept of my rose bud head idea! Looks amazing! Stats all look viable now too, good work yo! Definitely love to see this in game.

I love to take everyone's opinions and ideas and combine them into the concept! after all the point is to make a warframe that everyone can enjoy! so it only makes sense to do what everybody desires! I really would love to see a plant warframe so i'm pretty adamant about this!

probably will make a syandana for her soon and maybe some skill aesthetics.

sounds like a very fun frame. and she looks amazing. would be awesome using bramble against the infested.  

Yes! the idea was to have her pretty good against both infested and grineer, however she has less to use against the corpus! this fits perfectly with DE's idea of "each frame has it's purpose."

I really like this concept, and I love the artwork for how the frame looks, even the alt helmets. If it is alright with you I am gonna do some critiques in this post. :D

Art and look: love it, absolutely would not change a thing.

Stats:
Judging by the abilities, these stats feel a bit off. even if these are for rank 30 they still feel big. according to abilities 1,2 and 4 she is heavy CC. her 3rd is the only thing alluding towards being a self heal tank(which I have a suggestion change to it.)
Now, assuming these stats are rank 30, I propose this instead stat wise

Support stats ( my personal choice for her)
Health:275. Reason: highest health frame unmodded is Oberon at 375, and he is supposed to be a heal tank. this frame doesn't feel tank like, it feels natural CC support type. frames closer to that are mag(225), banshee(300), Nyx(300), and trinity(300). I say 275 because of her 3 also. 300 max.

Shield: 300, again from my perspective she is more support and most support frames have 300 shields(except mag who has 450). So I would set her at 300.

Power:225, 150 feels like that of someone who is not a caster, has no toggle abilities that would eat power, or for rank 0. 225 would be better for her

Armour: drop it to maybe 20, mag is really the only support with high armor at 65, the others have 15. even ember( similar ult) only has 15 armor

speed:1.0-1.1, 1.2 is to fast and only frame who has that is prime loki.

Stamina: fine

Tank:
Health:300, again most of the tank frames with CC have 300 max. 450 is to much
Shield:450, average tank frame has a 450 shield.
Power:175, because of her toggle she needs a bit more power then average tank
Armor: 110
Speed:.9-1.0, again 1.2 is really fast
Stamina:fine

Abilities

1. Lignify: is fine but due to stagger I would lower it a bit more. make it 10/25/40/50 instead and should be fine.
make this affected by duration and range. maybe strength if you want to lower base and make strength raise it up.

2. Bramble:lower the proc chance of the slash
Make it affected by Range and strength, the strength can bring the the slash proc to 100%.

3. Synthesis: I assume you mean it to have an initial 25 then cost maybe 2-5 power a second for it being on, otherwise it is way to powerful cost wise.
1.Tank: 5/4/3/2 seconds instead of 1 and make it 2/4/6/8%. Think if you have 700 health(after mods) at max you are healing 280 health a second with that on. that means in less then 3 seconds you are back to full health. you can out heal almost everything. at 8% every 2 seconds you get 56 which is more balanced, or do 6% at the least which gives 42 every 2 second.

2. Make it support! 5/4/3/2 a second for 2/4/6/8% missing health, and have it affect you and allies close by. making you a CC off healer.

Range if support can affect it, and you could add strength to strengthen the heal. maybe choose 6 for base and 8 for max if using power strength mods.

Personally I like the idea of having it more support oriented.

Veradance: depending on how heavy "heavy puncture damage" is is if I have to criticize. right now though it is fine.
Obvious effective mods for it - range for distant's of enemies that can be hit, strength for damage, duration for how long it lasts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall I love the concept, just a few things feel they need tweaking.

As for %, use a % calculator like this http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/3percent.htm.
(for the heal, you can use one of your frames with vitality or warframe builder to find out the health of a frame with at least max vitality on. then plug the numbers into the calculator till you find something that sounds more balanced for a toggle ability.)

Great work all in all, I full endorse this frame coming to the game at some point!

(sorry for long wall O' text xD)