Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's name

(XBOX)Lycentia

Personally I much prefer the sound of Revenant to Draugr. Draugr just sounds... bleh, in fact they make similar sounds too. Maybe it's because of my associations with Revenants in Guild Wars 2, but the name Revenant just sounds way more badass than Draugr does (maybe because when I think of Draugrs I think of Skyrm, and I'm willing to bet that everyone that has played Skyrim knows how much you don't want something like a Warframe to be associated with them).

Either way, this is pure opinion based and no one is going to be able to reach a proper conclusion. At least it's not Gara all over again.

35 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

I’m sorta getting tired of these flashy foreign names, so I’m glad they’re going simpler with him, just like the old days with frost, ember, volt...etc 

Looks at your choice of name. 

Looks at the word with Latin roots. 

🤔

Nope. Nothing to worry about here. Carry on, please. 

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Don't choose the generic-ish name, but do choose one that is the same as tons of enemies in one of the most talked about games in recent history, TES:Skyrim. DE has to look at the bigger picture for this type of thing.

Having never played Skyrim, I did not know this.

6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Don't choose the generic-ish name, but do choose one that is the same as tons of enemies in one of the most talked about games in recent history, TES:Skyrim. DE has to look at the bigger picture for this type of thing.

Slow down, and speak for yourself only please.

Skyrim doesn't hold the only claim to Norse Mythology. This is ridiculous.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Lycentia said:

So, Revenant seems to be the name they are going with, but I would like to propose an alternative that sounds like an actual name:

Draugr

From Old Norse, meaning revenant.

sounds to much like skyrim to me ^^)

had enough of those dudes in the game and hope not to see it again soon...

12 hours ago, GeoffFromAccounting said:

Personally I much prefer the sound of Revenant to Draugr. Draugr just sounds... bleh, in fact they make similar sounds too. Maybe it's because of my associations with Revenants in Guild Wars 2, but the name Revenant just sounds way more badass than Draugr does (maybe because when I think of Draugrs I think of Skyrm, and I'm willing to bet that everyone that has played Skyrim knows how much you don't want something like a Warframe to be associated with them).

Either way, this is pure opinion based and no one is going to be able to reach a proper conclusion. At least it's not Gara all over again.

maybe so, but a lot of the frame names are actually based on norse mythology. so having a norse name continues that theme.

1 hour ago, Gizardpuke said:

maybe so, but a lot of the frame names are actually based on norse mythology. so having a norse name continues that theme.

Ah yes, like Wukong, Nezha, Atlas, Nyx, Mirage, Zephyr, Vauban, Trinity, Rhino, Saryn, Nekros, Limbo, Excalibur, Banshee, Volt, Hydroid, Inaros, and pretty much most of the frames that aren't Loki, Valkyr and at a wild stretch Oberon? 

🤔

Not sure if I can agree with you on that count. And if I gave you the point anyway, you would have had better luck convincing me that he should have been called Wotan or Woden or something of that ilk. Something to do with a tree, a spear, and himself to himself. Strange dude.