Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HOw often does the 50 or 75% off platinum come around?

Axwack

once in a blue moon. though there's a theory that if you don't log in for a few days, you'll usually get one when you do log in. I'm on console, so we only get market coupons, but the theory apparently works on console as well.

there's no solid evidence for this though, just going off what others have said in the past.

I'd back the theory that the RNG for Discount Coupons is tied to not logging in.  If I go a few days without logging in, I'm almost always guaranteed a 20% discount.  If it gets up to a week, then 50% discounts are more frequent (though I'm rarely off that long).  My son plays rarely, and sees more 75% off coupons than me, though still not very many.

• Like 2

I have no data to back this up but I believe higher % discounts [50-75% off] pop up when you are low on platinum. I only buy plat when I get very low and a 75% off discount is active. I've had quite a few, maybe 5-6. All of which we awarded via daily reward when I had 400 or less platinum. 

3 minutes ago, Nervara said:

I have no data to back this up but I believe higher % discounts [50-75% off] pop up when you are low on platinum. I only buy plat when I get very low and a 75% off discount is active. I've had quite a few, maybe 5-6. All of which we awarded via daily reward when I had 400 or less platinum. 

I think you're on to something here! I notice that when I have less than 30p I get coupons like crazy and I end having to scramble over to trade chat.

Being in a third world country helps with the chances too (this is just a conspiracy theory). Ever since I started playing again, I get at least one -50% or -75% discount every week, and I play every day. Only used one of it though, kinda short on bucks right now.

I seem to get 50% discounts pretty frequently, like at least once a month. Use it to buy 370 platinum and keep my balance topped up (spending quite a bit on decorating my Landing Craft lately). Occasionally I'll splurge and buy the next bundle up - can't remember how much that is.

Haven't seen a 75% discount yet in the 9 months or so I've been playing.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

11 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

once in a blue moon. though there's a theory that if you don't log in for a few days, you'll usually get one when you do log in. I'm on console, so we only get market coupons, but the theory apparently works on console as well.

there's no solid evidence for this though, just going off what others have said in the past.

Nah. I log in daily and I get them pretty often. This month I got a 75% one and 5 days later the 50% one. It's just a matter of RNG.

I get one every month,if it was 75% discount on prime pack or something,sure why not. But plat itself is easy to get for me,so I ll never have reason to use such coupon,even if it was 99.99% discount and I had to pay 1 cent for million platinum.
Market discount or prime cosmetic pack discount,that'd work.

Since I re-engaged with Warframe most recently I've logged in 114 days consecutively, and I think I've had 2, possibly 3, of the 75% discounts, and 2 or 3 of the 50% discounts.

Which is not great, but I guess it can't be too frequent or there'd be no consistency in the market as prices would be fluctuating so wildly.

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00

14 hours ago, Axwack said:

How often does the discount for platinum show up?

Not all that often. 

20% discounts are fairly common. Usually see them once or twice a month. 

50% discounts are relatively rare. Usually see them about once every three or four months--though I've had 3 in the last two months, but I also had a month off I hadn't planned on, which might have skewed things a bit. 

75% discounts are exceedingly rare. I've had...three, I think...in 6 years. Rare enough I can't really remember how many and when. 

I almost never buy platinum at 20% off. I sometimes buy platinum (about one third to one half the time) at 50% off. I always buy platinum at 75% off. 

3 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Not all that often. 

20% discounts are fairly common. Usually see them once or twice a month. 

50% discounts are relatively rare. Usually see them about once every three or four months--though I've had 3 in the last two months, but I also had a month off I hadn't planned on, which might have skewed things a bit. 

75% discounts are exceedingly rare. I've had...three, I think...in 6 years. Rare enough I can't really remember how many and when. 

I almost never buy platinum at 20% off. I sometimes buy platinum (about one third to one half the time) at 50% off. I always buy platinum at 75% off. 

i never got a 20% discount only 75% and 50%