[DE]Marcus

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

This frame needs a tweaking.

It feels very convoluted and so far my teams don't have time for that when it's not more effective than other frames.

• Like 1

Yeah he needs a seroius rework. But when this rework should have been released in the mask of revenant hotfixes and look at this. We havent got nothing and we are playing all fortuna and we all have forgot about the poor revenant(I know is trash but i want to play with him I love the idea of a sentient warframe) Seriosly DE a fast rework will not be bad think or some augments will be enough. I suggest 1 augment. When an thrall dies with this augment the pilar will explode on touch of a enemy dealing damamge to them. The damage taken and the radius of impact should be affect by power stenght and range.

For mesmer skin i suggest the same think like many people just entrhall automatically the enemies who are stunned. If you add this the max number of zealous thrall should be increased. Or just make it affect it by power strenght. 

And for reave just make it to deal damage when it takes shield and health. 

• Like 1

So uh

I know this thread is old. Might be necro-ing it at this point. But I had a conversation about this very issue with a friend not long ago and... Well... I kinda came up with a rework idea, focusing on the "undead sentient" sort of aesthetic. No real numbers worth noting, that's not my strongsuit, but for what is ostensibly a hybrid DPS/control/tank I had to figure out where to "break even" so to speak.

Any ideas and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Passive: Nightglimmer: Enemies hit by Prismatic Lance have a chance to be mind-controlled

1: Prismatic Lance: Revenant raises a finger and fires out a laser. Effectively this is 1 laser from Danse Macabre, with the same damage type shift, but as a quick boop power.

2:  Mesmer Tree: Revenant stops movement, his body undulating and twisting, before sending forth an Orokin branch at a designated point, a la Hydroid's 1/ult. That point spawns a massive, glimmering crystal tree, with enemies within  its area of affect being mind-controlled. The mind controlled entities effectively function as Revenant's current mind control mechanic. Enemies thus mind controlled that are killed by Prismatic Lance spawn energy columns as per Danse Macabre.

3: Cloak of Dreams: Effectively Mesmer Skin, but with an AoE slow that affects entities within range until charges are expended.

4. The Reaving: The eidolon energy within Revenant shifts and writhes, and forces his consciousness out. Revenant bends over backwards and launches his life force outward, creating a gestalt of Eidolon and Void energies. This entity uses Danse Macabre's spread laser as a primary fire, with aiming narrowing the beams down, and melee attacks are replaced with claws that scale with melee mods. In addition, the gestalt uses Archwing movement logic, but with the inertia and physics of Warframe movement. In this state, Revenant's body takes 75% reduced damage, and regains 75% of the damage dealt by The Reaving as health.

All of this was made in the course of around 5 minutes in a Discord call, so I'm not expecting it to be "perfect" so to speak.

13 minutes ago, Abacrius said:

So uh

I know this thread is old. Might be necro-ing it at this point. But I had a conversation about this very issue with a friend not long ago and... Well... I kinda came up with a rework idea, focusing on the "undead sentient" sort of aesthetic. No real numbers worth noting, that's not my strongsuit, but for what is ostensibly a hybrid DPS/control/tank I had to figure out where to "break even" so to speak.

Any ideas and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Passive: Nightglimmer: Enemies hit by Prismatic Lance have a chance to be mind-controlled

1: Prismatic Lance: Revenant raises a finger and fires out a laser. Effectively this is 1 laser from Danse Macabre, with the same damage type shift, but as a quick boop power.

2:  Mesmer Tree: Revenant stops movement, his body undulating and twisting, before sending forth an Orokin branch at a designated point, a la Hydroid's 1/ult. That point spawns a massive, glimmering crystal tree, with enemies within  its area of affect being mind-controlled. The mind controlled entities effectively function as Revenant's current mind control mechanic. Enemies thus mind controlled that are killed by Prismatic Lance spawn energy columns as per Danse Macabre.

3: Cloak of Dreams: Effectively Mesmer Skin, but with an AoE slow that affects entities within range until charges are expended.

4. The Reaving: The eidolon energy within Revenant shifts and writhes, and forces his consciousness out. Revenant bends over backwards and launches his life force outward, creating a gestalt of Eidolon and Void energies. This entity uses Danse Macabre's spread laser as a primary fire, with aiming narrowing the beams down, and melee attacks are replaced with claws that scale with melee mods. In addition, the gestalt uses Archwing movement logic, but with the inertia and physics of Warframe movement. In this state, Revenant's body takes 75% reduced damage, and regains 75% of the damage dealt by The Reaving as health.

All of this was made in the course of around 5 minutes in a Discord call, so I'm not expecting it to be "perfect" so to speak.

Still nice ideas and the suggested imagery is both fitting and inspired

Goid ideas man but i am afraid that DE has complete forgoten about revenant. And I am very sad about it because i wanted to be a main Revenant but because of his S#&$i abilities i can't.

It cannot go to a endgame with this kit. 

• Upvote 1

I really hope we get more Revenant changes as the Fortuna and Garuda fervor die down. He feels so incomplete.

• Like 1

Core issues with Revenant are as follows:

~Core gameplay is about making thralls.  But there is no incentive to do so.

~Mesmer skin is his only good ability because it means you never take damage.  But this makes both his passive and reave basically redundant.

~Reave costs too much for what little it does.

~His ult is a decent damage ability.  But offers no worthwhile synergies with the rest of his kit.

Proposed changes to fix said issues:

~Thrall count increased to 10 enemies.

~Thralls are untargetable by allies until Revenant has interacted with them in some way or 20 seconds has passed.  (time is non moddable for this)

~Rad procs are ignored on thralls.

~Energy pillar damage and projectile damage changed to radiation.  Base range increased to 5 meters.

~Mesmer skin now provides Revenant with a movement speed/bullet jump speed increase.  Mesmer skin no longer nullifies damage.  Merely reduces the damage up to 80%.  Mesmer skin can shirk lethal damage once every 90 seconds.  Mesmer skin is now a duration based ability.  Mesmer skin while active ignores status procs.  Mesmer skin's synergy of creating thralls for free has been moved.

~Reave now takes increased health/shields from enemies.  This is no longer effected by reaving over thralls.  If you reave over a thrall you refresh their duration and get refunded energy to help with reave's energy cost.  If you have mesmer skin active and reave an enemy you convert the enemy(s) into thralls if you have less than 10 thralls on the field.  Passing over allies with mesmer skin and reave active allows them to ignore the next status proc they would take.

~Danse macabre when it kills enthralled enemies pulses a sentient wave of energy that begins health regeneration and shield regeneration for allies in the AoE.

~Enthrall.  Revenant can hold to cast to create an AoE where he can create multiple thralls at once.

~Passive remains the same.

Summary:

Revenant was meant to be a vampire/sentient frame.  This is still his kit.  But the vampire part of thralls which happens to be the main aspect of his kit is unrewarding and pointless to do.  I made several suggestions to make thralls overall feel better.  In my changes Revenant is now capable of making several thralls at once both with his one and a synergy between his 2 and 3.  This allows him to keep up with the pacing of warframe and the fact that his allies can kill his thralls less painful since you can just build them back up easier.  I also made his thralls immune to allies for 20 seconds and immune to radiation procs for two simple reasons.  Both things prevented Revenant from getting any interaction with his thralls on a consistent basis.  If revenant decides to interact with them in anyway via his abilities or guns though allies are free to kill them.  These changes ensure revenant can always benefit from making his thralls whilst also reducing the likely hood of Revenant trolling defense missions with his army.

I adjusted mesmer skin because it was far too powerful.  So powerful that it made Reave's main point (which is sustaining revenant's health) obsolete.  Not to mention basically ensured his passive was never going to proc.  But the changes I made to his skin I feel like fit the theme of being a sentient.  The damage resistance and status proc effects fall inline with sentient's ability to resist and adapt.  I decided to allow him to shirk fatal damage to keep the ability feeling powerful.  But having that on an internal cooldown so he can actually be killed.  Reave was a bad ability for several reasons.  It costed too much for how little it did.  And making his health steal ability basically worthless without the synergy makes it forced and not fun.  Hence the buff to the leech ability and removal of this synergy.  But I still included a synergy that makes more sense to me thematically on top of actually being a thing you'll want to go out of your way to do in a gameplay scenario.  Especially considering how energy hungry he will be with all the casting he'll be doing.

His ultimate (as much as I dislike it) works well enough as is.  I simply opted to fix the synergy with thralls because the overshield amount is pitiful and rarely meaningful.  Same sort of idea but you know, actually worth something.  Energy pillar change was to make those actually worth something as well.  I'd rather have a 100% chance to confuse enemies than a 100% chance to stumble an enemy.  And hopefully with the base range increase these pillars will actually see more interaction.  His passive didn't need changing as it's effect is perfectly fine for a passive.  It just needed to be usable.  Which is now a reality since mesmer skin is no longer a god ability.

• Like 1

My ideas for changes are:

SKill 1: Stays as it is except the flying balls from the pillars also enthrall enemies they hit for the remaining duration of the dead thrall.

SKill 2: While Skill 2 is active the thralls are immune to all CC be it from players or enemies. The thralls also get ammunition based ont the

power strenght of the revenant. The floating Vomalyst can shoot every X seconds a hitscan shot which also enthralls.

This is because the AI sucks and often doesn't enthralls new enemies.

Another idea for skill 2 would be that they get 1 Mesmer Skin charge and when they get hit an explosion occurs which pulls enemies in a 4m radius

and slows them down for -15% movement speed.

SKill 3: Thralls you touch get a 30% attack speed and movement bonus

SKill 4: Thralls you hit get an EIDOLON BUFF.

EIDOLON BUFF: All the damage the trahll receives turns into a dot which deals 5% of the dmg every second to him (so that they can't die instantly.)

So if he gets hit for 1000 dmg,  he loses 50 dmg every second. More dmg can be stacked so that he dies quicker if you want him to die.

The buff also turns them into 1 of 3 EIDOLON EXIMUS units which are ARSON EIDOLON, ARCTIC EIDOLON and GUARDIAN EIDOLON

ARSON EIDOLON creates an eidolon explosion wave like the real eidolon which knocks enemies down.

ARCTIC EIDOLON has a bubble.

GUARDIAN EIDOLON gives buffs to players nearby.

*This is of course just a basic idea and not a finished concept.

*The numbers are not important, they just are there to make it easier to understand.

Edited by Xionor

Thralls inheriting only the remaining duration of the thrall that turned them instead of the full duration is still an underlying issue that clashes with the spreading nature of the ability and is unneeded since thralls have a cap anyways.

Finally got to play with Revenant and i'm disappointed. A frame i will likely never use after it hits 30.

Thralls are a weak, worthless version of shadows or mind control.

In any pug they get instantly wiped by countless of AOE-s and even people killing them just because they see a "enemy shaped object".
The pillar might aswell not exist.
The spread is slow because of how  crappy ai is - often they just start walking or trying to hide etc instead of attacking.
And their damage is nonexistent for the most part. No taunt - so what are they for?
And all of the above adds to the huge energy cost since you really need to spam it.

The shield charges vanish so fast you really rarely see it being useful. You can't often even notice the stunned target to slowly cast on them in most game modes.

And the crappy version of charge to steal some hp with a extremely long wind up time?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1