Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.5.0

[DE]Drew

Just now, sandfeger said:

sorry but "-if quills rank = 2 then put mask in store, else, end;" woul'd mean that you set quills rank to  2 and this is no statement.
has to be "-if quills rank == 2 then put mask in store, else, end;" if this would be psoudo code ^^

In any case, I am almost certain their oversight went for rank 2 and not rank 2+, these people never cease to amaze me, hell their collision detection in environments is still a nightmare to me and has never been optimized to this date.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I am pretty sure the person who coded it went for something like this: (not real code, just an vague example)

-if quills rank = 2 then put mask in store, else, end;

Instead of

-if quills rank >= 2 then put mask in store, else, end;

Which means someone forgot to account for people who got past rank 2 long ago.

i rather think the "problem" was that the update came just about when the store wares got shuffled... so some people who were very fast back in game got the maks before that happens... then came the rest of us just after the timer (and also the night apparently...) for the "old" wares just ended. oh, and yes, i'm max ranked with the quill-buggers and didn't saw the mask in little N.'s store (i was also quite fast back in the game, but still missed the timer about a minute or so).

2 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

i rather think the "problem" was that the update came just about when the store wares got shuffled... so some people who were very fast back in game got the maks before that happens... then came the rest of us just after the timer (and also the night apparently...) for the "old" wares just ended. oh, and yes, i'm max ranked with the quill-buggers and didn't saw the mask in little N.'s store (i was also quite fast back in the game, but still missed the timer about a minute or so).

Then is way more of a noob oversight than I thought, screwed players for the sake of padding the game's content.

47 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

EDIT: 6:25PM EST

Please Relog to be able to acquire Nakak's Mask!

We are aware of the missing Mask in Nakak's inventory and are investigating the cause! Looks like she forgot to update her wares in all this excitement. Thanks for your patience, Tenno. 

12 minutes ago, Fanzschnabs said:

So, just to be clear,

Devs used to put every update and hotfix during the limited cetus night time, and after months of people pleading/begging/crying for  those hotfixes/updates to be done at a more suitable time, we see for once a DAYTIME update, which implements a quest that can only be done at night ?...

Not saying there is a troll lurking at DE, but allow me to fetch my flamethrower and my UV floodlights, you know... just in case... there would be bigger ones coming to the forums because they couldn't enjoy playing it instantly on their awesome giga-internet while some people have to download for quite some time, having only lesser DSL connections and/or bad peering.

P.S. : Could this "not cetus night time or other important stuff in the game"-timed updates become a trend ? We get it, it might be harder once Fortuna comes (if it hopefully has different timing than cetus so players can enjoy both fortuna and cetus, not "one OR the other"), but know that it is deeply appreciated by players. :thumbup:

It's done purposefully. That way, if you're mid multi Eidolon hunt, you're screwed. That's another two hours people will spend logged in waiting for the next one. It's never going to change.

56 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Please Relog to be able to acquire Nakak's Mask!

hate to break it to ya, but even after re-logging there is no mask in the store (quill standing is max. rank too)...

EDIT: ah, i had to listen to little N. again to get it...

Archived