Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE... Why defense and not defence?

(PSN)KingGuy420

2 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

English especially american english has to do everything weird. 

The fact that the word Snogging exists,  completely obliterates any legitimate argument that American English is the weirder one. 

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Why does such a minuscule thing even bother you? It's still English, so who cares?

Who said I was bothered? Lol.

It's just weird to see a proudly Canadian company use an American spelling. I find it odd, but that doesn't mean I find it bothering.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

1 minute ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Who said I was bothered? Lol.

It's just weird to see a proudly Canadian company use an American spelling. I find it odd, but that doesn't mean I find it bothering.

Why is that weird? Canada is right next to the USA, obviously the spelling would bleed over from one to the other. And considering how USA's culture is bleeding all over the world, I'm not surprised the British spelling lost out.

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Why is that weird? Canada is right next to the USA, obviously the spelling would bleed over from one to the other. And considering how USA's culture is bleeding all over the world, I'm not surprised the British spelling lost out.

Canadians spell it with a C. DE, without a doubt, had an internal discussion on whether to use C or S... Show national pride or pander to Americans. It's clear which one they chose lol.

Canadians do this ALL the time. Every time someone asks me for directions I think to myself "do I give it to this guy in feet or metres?". Every time someone asks me what the weather is like here I do some quick math so I have both.

That's what Canadians do... Pander to American differences since most Americans couldn't care less about knowing both lol.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Quoting to highlight the importance here ^^^

It's really not that important. I'm talking strictly about the Canadian version of British English in which snogging is not used. Also, never once said one was weirder than the other. So yeah, not the important. Definitely not relevant lol.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420