Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE never publish the ID Ban list?

jxtichi012

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

What does the average user get out of this though. Other than just being reassured the devs are fighting the good fight?

I was gonna say, "The tingle of knowing they got someone perma-banned."...Then I read further down.

28 minutes ago, jxtichi012 said:

After several month you find the one you reported is still alive. And DE is still response "thank you for the report".  

We really need the feedback like this to know the report is useful and not just "thank you for the report". 

...So maybe not tingles but some kind of satisfaction regardless.

Personally, the issue regards that player and DE directly...3rd parties have no stake in their decisions and don't need to be apprised of any actions DE decides to take. 

Edited by Padre_Akais

While I don't agree with a list of the permabanned accounts, I think people who have reported an account should get a notification when action has been taken. Don't have to say ban, warning, suspension, trade ban or anything specific just that action has in fact been taken.
Reason being that I'd like to know how effective the reports are and how strict to their own rules DE really are.

HOTS does it really well.
unknown.png

15 hours ago, Endless-Waltz said:

Also this is a mostly PvE game and who really cares how much faster someone "cheating" killed infested on whatever tileset.

So you don't disagree with people exploiting the game, stealing accounts, harassing people over race or similar things? Do you approve of it then?

Edited by Navarchus

8 hours ago, Navarchus said:

So you don't disagree with people exploiting the game, stealing accounts, harassing people over race or similar things? Do you approve of it then?

I never stated anything about that, but again what does having a public flogging do to benefit you?

Edited by Endless-Waltz

As i said previously, the only way I can see this being useful is to check that reported hackers have been penalised. 

As I am on console it is very much an unimportant issue to me, but I know the p.c community have a terrible time with hackers and cheats on some games; though it seems more prevalent on competitive (looter) shooters like BF, CoD, DayZ, PubG, R6S and the like.

There is sometimes a kind of zero tolerance attitude among some p.c gamers when it comes to any kind of cheats/hacks/exploits as being a slippery slope of toxicity and bad practice. 

I myself am not particularly good at indulging the culture of p.c exploiting/cheating, though I accept for many it is akin to modding and seen as harmless in a strictly PvE setting. 

Regardless, in situations where there are toxic cheaters, and only in that context, a player that is reported over and over and is still playing can be used as proof that companies aren't acting to protect the "legitimate" players.

They say they are "totally against cheaters and it is company policy to...blah blah blah blah"; we all know the spiel. 

So, as a way to check the conduct of cheats and to verify who is being caught and dealt with, then it can be argued it has some merit.

Taking a companies word for it when many have been proven incapable in the past of dealing with it effectively is a big reason people want disclosure regarding the who, when, etc...

Ideally, it shouldn't be necessary. 

But trust has been lost.

I still say it can end up creating more toxicity and putting a light on cheats and hackers; people who will only thrive on infamy and attention.

Anyway, this is just a personal opinion and I'm not an expert...obviously. 

15 hours ago, Navarchus said:

~snip

HOTS does it really well.
unknown.png

I can get on board with this.
Something like Warframe rarely needs a true ban outside of toxic behavior or scamming but regardless, when something was as rampantly corrupted as CS:GO it was always nice getting that overwatch alert that you've done well and the offending hacker was taken care of.

That only would give attention to cheaters and make them famous, like what happen in other game. Giving recognition to this kind of people is a bad move, glad DE knows better by not doing the same.

And this game is free, what stopping them from making another account and continue ruining games, ban list would be their leaderboards.

DE don't do it because they don't need to, they don't have a huge trust issue within the community so they don't need to post a list to prove they take action, nor does the game have enough bad actors that they need to heavily publicize bans to scare off potential offenders, and outside those two reasons there aren't any pros to making such a list public. 

On 2018-09-09 at 1:21 AM, RetroNomad said:

I can get on board with this.
Something like Warframe rarely needs a true ban outside of toxic behavior or scamming but regardless, when something was as rampantly corrupted as CS:GO it was always nice getting that overwatch alert that you've done well and the offending hacker was taken care of.

Yeah, just a notification that action has been taken so you're aware that the reports aren't being ignored.

well, as much as i'd love seeing another "H1Z1 callout on cheaters" that told them to make a video saying they were banned, the reason for it, and that they understand they did something wrong, in order to get thier account unbanned (video have to be public) but its not exactly nice to put people on the spot that way, since it can have concequances outside online.

(work mate "hey, i saw your video that you cheated and stuff, dident knew you are this pathetic") just as example.