Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Big silver orb, what is it for?

(PSN)RhinoCharging00

So i was on Lua today playing through a mission and I saw this large, silvery/reflective ball sitting against a wall.

I have seen it before, though I think I've only ever seen it in the Void (and now the Void like design of Lua), so I knew that it couldn't be smashed, nor scanned; it just sits there.

It is a bit bigger than one of the blue energy orbs you pick up for health or the orange ones that do damage when dropped by one of those Corpus flying drone things.

So does anyone know what I am talking about?

I know players will have seen it, so I really wanted to know what purpose it serves, if any. 

Like I said, you can't smash it, it cannot be scanned and registered for standing or to discover it's name etc...it really seems to do nothing.

Grateful for some clarity, guys.

Cheers.

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00

1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Then don't forget to take one if you see it again 😛

I will...if I see one again.

It doesn't seem to be there all the time, at least not where I'm looking.

Really weird, because if you can't scan it that is usually only for specific stuff within the game world, and not being able to break it is odd too.

2 hours ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Are you sure that's not just the Lua challenge for Power Drift where you have to stand next to silver balls on a circular room?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Moon#Power Test

No, this just sits against a wall next to those funny wardrobe looking things that have a red or green light and contain credits etc...

This ball serves no purpose that I can make out.

2 hours ago, Firetempest said:

It's just aged "broken" scenery. Like perhaps a light at one time. Does look odd how it was placed. Be DE loves reusing assets so it's a doodad taking up space around a edge of some rooms so it's less bare.

That's certainly possible, as it serves no purpose.

It seems a bit too large and relatively detailed to be a throw away artefact/asset, and it isn't glitched into the scenery or visible through clipping. 

It looks like it is there for a reason, but then it cannot be interacted with.

I wish I'd taken a screenshot now, as I am a curious sort and I hate not knowing.

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

According to totally legit Warframe lore, the Orokin once had a giant Christmas tree on the moon. Now that Lua has fallen into disarray the tree is long gone, and this is just one of the decorations that dropped from it.

Sounds like a good quest. Find the ancient orkin Christmas tree so you can celebrate tennomas

1 hour ago, TheAngryChicken52 said:

It's just the orokin light sources they use in the walls, like the glowing circles you see embedded in the walls, I don't think there's anything special about them. Anyone with a bit more lore/speculation please feel free to correct me

They don't look like lights.

They are globe shaped, balls basically, with a silvery reflective surface.

They look like bigger versions of those health orbs.

When i first saw one I thought it would smash, but if you hit it nothing happens.

If you scan it nothing happens.

I am starting to think it might be like Firetempest suggested; basically a graphical asset that was left in by mistake.

But then why are they only seen on levels with a specific Void/Lua level aesthetic?

I will definitely have to try and get a screenshot next time.

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00