Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk: Content Drought - What DE can learn from this

MartianGHunter

Maybe the topic is pointless, maybe not. You do see the tendency to stick up for a product when you pour a lot of time and money into it. Over time it goes away. Is it white knighting? Don't think so.

Example I have seen first hand: In the radio controlled car world a manufacturer will release a new vehicle (prices range from $300 to $800). 99% of the times they have issues out of the gate. Faulty gears, poor material quality from the start on some of the parts, etc. For the first few months you will see people get belittled and discredited in the manufacturer's FB groups by other enthusiasts. They say things like it must be your driving, you hit something, you did this or that wrong, etc. This goes on for a while then all of a sudden the manufacturer will release updated version of the car/truck with the issues addressed.

I think it is just human nature to not want to feel let down when investing a lot into a product and get blinded by that sometimes. Eventually the problems have to get addressed.

The main point im focused on is lets band together and get genuine issues fixed. Personally, all I want are more reasons to give DE money.

7 hours ago, (PS4)G-Dubsupreme said:

A PvEvP mode like similar to Gambit in Destiny would solve all the problems of lack of content. Add clan and Alliance leader boards to it and exclusive rewards like sigils sayandanas and glyphs. And instead of invading the opposing team with your own Warframe a player can do it with the Stalker. 

Erm...no it wouldn't...because a lot of players play this for PvE content exclusively.

If PvP was popular here then Conclave would be a lot more active.

Way too much of this on this forum...people assuming that everyone else wants what they want.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Less drama, more constructive talk. Please and thank you. Not pointing any fingers, just reminding everyone that the content drought isn't the apocalypse... yet.

That being said. It's time to just wait for DE to process and act on our feedback, cause they get what's up. So let's just be civil and have a good time.

Edit: this isn't a defending DE or really anyone post. It's actually a don't panic post, pure and simple. Cause DE makes plenty of mistakes. And while whining occasionally works, infighting in the community will never fix anything. 

It was brought up that not all feedback is asking DE to do stuff. And that's kind of interesting. Because if DE wasn't busy with the daily logins, they could've been making content (am I gonna get slammed for not calling it content hehe)? But I think that's a valid argument two. It's all a very double edge sword if you ask me. Ask for content? Old features don't get looked at. Ask for revisits/reworks? They can't make as much new content. Ask for things to stay the same? You'll be disappointed because the game will change; It always does.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Less drama, more constructive talk. Please and thank you. Not pointing any fingers, just reminding everyone that the content drought isn't the apocalypse... yet.

That being said. It's time to just wait for DE to process and act on our feedback, cause they get what's up. So let's just be civil and have a good time.

gud point xd

1 hour ago, (PS4)Napalm13b said:

Maybe the topic is pointless, maybe not. You do see the tendency to stick up for a product when you pour a lot of time and money into it. Over time it goes away. Is it white knighting? Don't think so.

Example I have seen first hand: In the radio controlled car world a manufacturer will release a new vehicle (prices range from $300 to $800). 99% of the times they have issues out of the gate. Faulty gears, poor material quality from the start on some of the parts, etc. For the first few months you will see people get belittled and discredited in the manufacturer's FB groups by other enthusiasts. They say things like it must be your driving, you hit something, you did this or that wrong, etc. This goes on for a while then all of a sudden the manufacturer will release updated version of the car/truck with the issues addressed.

I think it is just human nature to not want to feel let down when investing a lot into a product and get blinded by that sometimes. Eventually the problems have to get addressed.

The main point im focused on is lets band together and get genuine issues fixed. Personally, all I want are more reasons to give DE money.

Cognitive Dissonance.

Humans are great at convincing themsleves thier choices are right so they can stay sane, even when presented with evidence proving the choice was a bad one.

It's built into our brains.

Add vanity and pride and you have our typical 'must love it or hate it' binary Internet culture.

Life is grey, not a simple black and white, right or wrong choice existence, no matter how much someone forcing and agenda wants anyone to think otherwise.

40 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Erm...no it wouldn't...because a lot of players play this for PvE content exclusively.

If PvP was popular here then Conclave would be a lot more active.

Way too much of this on this forum...people assuming that everyone else wants what they want.

including you ? which assumes no one ever come to warframe for pvp?
people used to, when there was this

Spoiler

and it's weird to assume that no one still comes to warframe believing that because game looks this awesome, there's some great pvp too. 
I mean it has graphics, it has gameplay, it has fast action, but not a good or well managed competitive aspect at all
Not big way of engaging Clans and Alliances together or against each others? so why make a big alliance?

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

1 minute ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

"Constructive talk"
You mean: "GG DE you da best eva' Much love. Best game!"

Right, I'm pass that. The thing with Baro was the last spit in the face straw for me.
I feel like DE is busy and we are distracting them by wanting new stuff to play their game. 

Nope. DE makes mistakes on a regular basis. But the community is getting a little weird so I thought I'd say something.

1 minute ago, (PS4)covan2306 said:

Not all feedback is calling for action, so technically they are acting on feedback...just not yours

I'm personally not very upset over things. I simply offer up somewhat unrealistic ideas as I think of them lol. I'm not gonna be too worked up either way things go. 

I get excited about ideas and post them, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

Humans are great at convincing themsleves thier choices are right so they can stay sane, even when presented with evidence proving the choice was a bad one.

"it takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him, and if the truth is undeniable, you create your own."

gotta say, it'll be nice when all this dies down. we need Fortuna so that we can all lift together!

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Cognitive Dissonance.

It's built into our brains.

Add vanity and pride and you have our typical 'must love it or hate it' binary Internet culture.

Life is grey, not a simple black and white, right or wrong choice existence, no matter how much someone forcing and agenda wants anyone to think otherwise.

That's not cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance refers to cases where an individual believes in two conflicting (sometimes diametrically opposed) ideas simultaneously. It often manifests in the form of a marked sensation of unease.

Believing something that's demonstrably false is not cognitive dissonance, and it doesn't really apply in the case of subjective topics like gameplay preferences anyway.

25 minutes ago, xcenic said:

When they announced fortuna we the fan base make them tending topic all around the internet and they benefited.

Now they screw up and we have the right to be angry. 

So take my : primed take it.

I still find it amusing. Given the Mainline and server upgrades, we're likely to see Fortuna in a couple weeks.

And I'm waiting for the inevitable: that people will turn right back around to liking DE again for a couple months, find a bunch of small problems, declare Fortuna an awful addition, then eventually go to it being another part of the growing mass of gameplay that is this game. Exact same thing happened with PoE. I'm also a Sonic fan - I'm familiar with such cycles.

It's the internet. Drama breeds drama, and emotions will always run high. Yeah, DE's far from perfect (would it kill them to at least give enemy pathfinding a second look? Ballista and Troopers use the same paths despite having polar opposite weapons), but they're further from being the worst.

42 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I still find it amusing. Given the Mainline and server upgrades, we're likely to see Fortuna in a couple weeks.

And I'm waiting for the inevitable: that people will turn right back around to liking DE again for a couple months, find a bunch of small problems, declare Fortuna an awful addition, then eventually go to it being another part of the growing mass of gameplay that is this game. Exact same thing happened with PoE. I'm also a Sonic fan - I'm familiar with such cycles.

It's the internet. Drama breeds drama, and emotions will always run high. Yeah, DE's far from perfect (would it kill them to at least give enemy pathfinding a second look? Ballista and Troopers use the same paths despite having polar opposite weapons), but they're further from being the worst.

well thats you opinion;

This is our feedback, Let DE defend itself.

Let us give feedback.

Edited by xcenic

1 minute ago, xcenic said:

well thats you opinion;

This is our feedback, Let DE defend itself.

Let us give feedback.

I've nothing against feedback - hell, I give a lot of it myself -  but I do find the Drama that accompanies a lot of it interesting to watch. Especially the twists and turns it takes.