Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva reward is too small

arnob216

I love many aspects of this game but gaining Kuva is the hardest thing in this game I feel. With resource booster, I can get 5600 kuva in 20 mins which does not even let me roll a weapon for 2 times after 9 initial rolls. With Smeeta Charm, I can get 400/800/1200/1600 extra Kuva in the 20 mins run if I am super lucky. I know the difficulty of this resource ensures some high prices on some of the good weapon rivens. But, isn't the reward too low for investing such long time? To earn 35,000 Kuva for 10 rolls (after 9 initial), I will need to spend 2 hours in the survival!! For only 10 rolls!! Does DE have any plan to make any adjustments to this? 

Compared to Kuva, earning endo/focus/credit/resources are so much easier and fun. 

Edited by arnob216

I'm pretty sure you're not "intended" to amass Kuva so easily. It's meant to be a long term grind/investment to roll good Rivens.

As far as managing Kuva farming currently: only do endurance runs of the survival if you can't speedrun Kuva Siphons. If you can then run every fast mission type (not endless/mobile defense) then run the survival for 20-30 minutes max.

it is strange how DE are so strict with Kuva when it's perhaps the only resource in the game that has it's own sink. I suppose the Riven Market and the amount of plat it brings in is one reason, as well as DE not wanting everybody to get the perfect Riven first time. IMO, Kuva should be abundant since multiple layers of RNG will always keep it in check. it makes no difference if you have all the Kuva in the system if your rolls are totally random. I don't necessarily agree with how DE goes about Kuva, but that's the way it is. 

considering that it toook a long time to get a Kuva Survival mode that doesn't even scale, I wouldn't expect DE to make things easier any time soon. there is however a good chance that Kuva will be one of the rewards available in Fortuna's bounties, and for those of us past 1000 logins, these "evergreen bundles" will make life easier (RIP to those of you still miles behind in logins)

The endless kuva is fine at 200 per siphon, its by design that it gives 200 and not more the reason being is that they still want you to do siphon and flood missions

Kuva Siphons give 550-700, Kuva Floods give 1100-1400 per siphon the longest that the missions will take up to ~5 min 

Endless Kuva has 1 new siphon every 90 seconds each siphon needs to be defended for ~1:30min (i forget how long)

With the way it is DE doesnt want you to only do one, sure you can only do endless kuva but you miss out on how much you get as a whole when you only do that

Edited by hellodownthere

53 minutes ago, arnob216 said:

I love many aspects of this game but gaining Kuva is the hardest thing in this game I feel. With resource booster, I can get 5600 kuva in 20 mins which does not even let me roll a weapon for 2 times after 9 initial rolls. With Smeeta Charm, I can get 400/800/1200/1600 extra Kuva in the 20 mins run if I am super lucky. I know the difficulty of this resource ensures some high prices on some of the good weapon rivens. But, isn't the reward too low for investing such long time? To earn 35,000 Kuva for 10 rolls (after 9 initial), I will need to spend 2 hours in the survival!! For only 10 rolls!! Does DE have any plan to make any adjustments to this? 

Compared to Kuva, earning endo/focus/credit/resources are so much easier and fun. 

Welcome to Warframe, this is a game based on resource grind, 10 rolls for 2 hours of play seems pretty damn normal to be honest. It's supposed to be an endgame mod you roll for a chance of getting god tier stats. It's not supposed to be cheap.

I think it would break the balance of Riven, market and the overwall gameplay. Maybe it's not the perfect science of numbers, but seeing what Riven Market is worth in the game itself, I think little will be done about that, maybe tiny adjustments. Generally I do not worry about this much because starting from a logical basis the great farm of kuva begins when the player already has a considerable level of Maestry rank.

10 hours ago, HallowedFlux said:

Welcome to Warframe, this is a game based on resource grind, 10 rolls for 2 hours of play seems pretty damn normal to be honest. It's supposed to be an endgame mod you roll for a chance of getting god tier stats. It's not supposed to be cheap.

You know, the "its a grind game" excuse doesnt always work, its like people forget that the word "overdoing" is even a thing.

10 rolls for 2 hours is not good, specially when a) there are multiple rivens to focus on, b) people have lifes outside the game and dont want to waste all their play time grinding 1 resource and c) they want to play something else instead of not having fun grinding.

2 часа назад, (PS4)Pizza_Parker сказал:

, b) people have lifes outside the game and dont want to waste all their play time grinding 1 resource 

so,people want endgame god tier super items (weapons with super rivens) for free,playing casualy? huh? and i want million dollars and dont want to work for this too,  give them to me pls

13 hours ago, hellodownthere said:

The endless kuva is fine at 200 per siphon, its by design that it gives 200 and not more the reason being is that they still want you to do siphon and flood missions

Kuva Siphons give 550-700, Kuva Floods give 1100-1400 per siphon the longest that the missions will take up to ~5 min 

Endless Kuva has 1 new siphon every 90 seconds each siphon needs to be defended for ~1:30min (i forget how long)

With the way it is DE doesnt want you to only do one, sure you can only do endless kuva but you miss out on how much you get as a whole when you only do that

sorry but that comes across as an utterly inane. It sounds like grind forever so you can “have fun”? right now the market is a thin layer of gram-rubico buyers with a thinner smear of arcanes. twitch drops gut the market for weapons and frames and create an obscene riven demand for what’s dropped. poor souls are already trying to buy fang rivens. sortie and kuva is pretty bare fare.

1 hour ago, Melanholic7 said:

so,people want endgame god tier super items (weapons with super rivens) for free,playing casualy? huh? and i want million dollars and dont want to work for this too,  give them to me pls

Yes, thats exactly what i said. 😑

My god, for you people there is only 2 types of situations isnt it? Either overdoing something or getting it for nothing.

And no, its not endgame god tier super items, its a chance in dozens to get something good for a specific weapon with an even lower chance than a rare relic to get a god tier riven.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

Yes, thats exactly what i said. 😑

My god, for you people there is only 2 types of situations isnt it? Either overdoing something or getting it for nothing.

And no, its not endgame god tier super items, its a chance in dozens to get something good for a specific weapon with an even lower chance than a rare relic to get a god tier riven.

The issue is if you increase kuva rates you are effectively and directly increasing the power creep in this game.  For example if you doubled the kuva rate...you basically cut the time in half to get that power creep.  The door is already open...not sure DE wants to swing it open even wider at this point.

Edited by Chappie1975

46 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

The issue is if you increase kuva rates you are effectively and directly increasing the power creep in this game.  For example if you doubled the kuva rate...you basically cut the time in half to get that power creep.  The door is already open...not sure DE wants to swing it open even wider at this point.

i can kill level 120 grineer with the right weapons and i never used rivens or formas, i think being worried about the power creep is a little too late, at this point all they can do is keep us entertained with different things to do IMO.

games are about being fun, but game developers sometimes dont know how to balance the fun/challenge/grind aspect and end up putting walls of unnecessary boring grind on 1 item, which makes the valuable item not worth the effort (i am talking in general).

hearthstone (a card game) had to deal with a situation like that a few months ago, they wanted to make a challenging adventure and they made a few cards just for it.

they ended up making a card which was really op compared to the others, but they decided to leave it there cause it was fun to use and it wasnt game breaking.

i guess its harder for a grindy game to make things more enjoyable since you are doing the same thing over and over again, but overdoing a grind for a single resource to then gamble for a good roll doesnt seem like the best choice.

Edited by (PS4)Pizza_Parker

4 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

sorry but that comes across as an utterly inane. It sounds like grind forever so you can “have fun”?

no its so one way to farm kuva does not supercede the other ways to farm it, if he asked to increase the amount of kuva dropped across the board (survival, siphon and flood) then i'd have no problem. Only increasing one way to get it is what i don't like

Problem with all these is even though it is a grindy game.. I can play this game for 3/4 hours a day and enjoy every other grinds of the game.. e.g. I do eidolon for 2 times (dont even try for 5 times each night as that will make it grindy and take away the fun). I do index if have booster for half hour.. I open relics for half hour.. I fish for half hour.. level up something (forma/new) for half hour.. do sortie for 15 mins or 20 mins... so I can enjoy almost everything of the game but then when it comes to kuva.. I farm kuva for half hour.. boom it gets wasted in 30 seconds.. I seriously dont mind wasting but if I could roll something for more times then the wastage would not affect me. Kuva grinding just takes away the fun.. every other grind is very fun really.. if Kuva is endgame, I will barely manage to get enough kuva to get some good rolls on some of the weapons I like before I quit the game right? Kuva should be more like mid game oriented so that people can actually enjoy rivens before they quit the game.

Edited by arnob216

On 2018-10-10 at 11:38 PM, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

You know, the "its a grind game" excuse doesnt always work, its like people forget that the word "overdoing" is even a thing.

10 rolls for 2 hours is not good, specially when a) there are multiple rivens to focus on, b) people have lifes outside the game and dont want to waste all their play time grinding 1 resource and c) they want to play something else instead of not having fun grinding.

I'm sorry I gotta break the news to you, but this game isn't for you then. I think 10 rolls in 2 hours is a good amount, rivens aren't supposed to be rolled 500 times, nor is kuva supposed to be abundant.

scaling rewards for everything should be a thing. also entire kuva fortress should give kuva rewards. i mean its a damn kuva fortress, how difficult is it to find kuva in there?

variety of acquisition methods would make getting kuva less boring. also kuva fortress is a really well made tileset so why not use it more (though i agree that sometimes its a bit confusing to navigate).

Edited by fartloud

On 2018-10-11 at 5:46 AM, Chappie1975 said:

It doesn't exactly increase power creep but just makes it more common. Right now you can already get god roll rivens if you're lucky or got a lot of platinum and that's the peak of power creep. Faster kuva would just mean more players would achieve that already-existing level of power creep.

That why I second faster kuva. Or some reliability factor to the RNG because right now it's a bit too unfair and too RNG.

1 minute ago, HallowedFlux said:

People here seem to want to get S#&$ without working for it.
Rivens are supposed to give weapons an edge in combat, they aren't required, they're a little extra for people who spend the time and effort to get them and roll them.

Problem is you can unveil a good weapon riven and get a god roll on first 10-20 rolls or not get a god roll in over 100 rolls, or even a demigod roll. Somewhere along the lines there is balance there, but the RNG is just a bit too much when your friend gets 3 god rolls without really trying and you get nothing like that after 100+ rolls. Too much of that. Lottery is not good for 90% of the people.

On 2018-10-10 at 10:11 PM, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

8 hours ago, HallowedFlux said:

People here seem to want to get S#&$ without working for it.

I'm sorry i gotta break the news to you but i think there might be a problem with your attention span.

When making a grindy game you want to balance things between being fun and grindy, otherwise it will just feel like a chore.

Those hours farming for kuva can pretty well be wasted after rolling it and discovering that you didnt get anything worth the time.

Balance between grind and fun are the keywords here, if you cant make the game mode fun at least dont overdo the grind.

Edited by (PS4)Pizza_Parker

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-10-12 at 4:51 PM, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

I'm sorry i gotta break the news to you but i think there might be a problem with your attention span.

When making a grindy game you want to balance things between being fun and grindy, otherwise it will just feel like a chore.

Those hours farming for kuva can pretty well be wasted after rolling it and discovering that you didnt get anything worth the time.

Balance between grind and fun are the keywords here, if you cant make the game mode fun at least dont overdo the grind.

Hours farming for kuva gives you so many rolls, even on maxed out rivens. rivens are supposed to be ENDGAME mods, you know, the stuff you would expect to grind for for a long time?
 You all seem to want it as easy as nano-spores. Hate to break this news to you, but the grind is already less than it used to be, get used to it, cause frankly, it's not gonna change.

On 2018-10-12 at 10:51 AM, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

"Fun" here is subjective.  I have fun running Kuva missions simply to kill level 30-40 enemies.  Someone else being purely reward driven not having fun isn't exactly DE's fault, it's the player's for stacking all of their enjoyment into a single dopamine kick they may or may not get upon rolling a riven.  Hence why rushers are actually doing it wrong - it's the accelerated track towards burnout.

While I wouldn't complain about being given more kuva (I mean, there's no downside to it) I'm not exactly in support of the notion either.  I'd rather rivens have other drop sources besides sorties, or more control over the stats I get when I do roll a riven.