Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I sincerely hope DE isn't gonna make snother open world after fortuna.

lennieplop60

4 hours ago, Atsia said:

You want the Forum to double on the number of content drought threads, cause we've seen what happens when they spend half a year doing mostly fixes and reworks

Because that's exactly what I said. Not.

Before you put words in others mouths, realise that engaging content can be introduced/added at the same time without the need of large scale based projects like PoE or Fortuna.

If DE completed and polished half the things they actually released (hence going back and refining/reworking the game instead of abandoning things), the game would have more depth. Large open world projects just seem to take too long and suck resources, as a result the game suffers because all other aspects are sacrificed or get neglected. There wouldn't be a lack of content if depth existed because players would still have things to achieve or do - and thus keep them engaged and content.

Edited by lolmetimbers

No. These updates have so much world building and nice meaty content it'd be shame for them to stop producing them.

At the very least I'd like to see an infested open world before they stop making them. But DE seems to be full of surprises, I have faith in them to keep improving on the game, be it in the form of new open worlds, or something new altogether like Railjack.

I am a very casual player.

Been playing Warframe on and off for the last 3-4 years but have only managed 200 odd days of log ins.

The game is huge, ive only been to POE once and Cetus twice.  Havent even done all the quests leading up to this "new" content.

Ive still got so much to do, havent even touched a sortie, not that my gear isnt up to it, it certainly is, just still have more to do before even looking at that stuff.

Havent even unlocked all the nodes lol

So when people scream content drought, i gleefully clap my hands because to me, "content drought" = "time to catch up"

I feel as though i should stop trying to do all the stuff that was added longer than a year ago and just focus on the new stuff stuff, but that feels like cheating somehow.

Starting to get the impression that this is what is intended.  

New systems, weapons and frames are added before rework is done on older stuff because new content = more players = more money.

I just dont have the free time to keep up with it all.  

LOL yourself LOL

Warframe did fine for YEARS with it's smaller but more often updates. It's how it was initially built derppp. The large scaled open world projects (PoE/Fortuna) are obviously the main reason for the 'content drought' complaints because they require a massive amount of time and resources to even release.

Edited by lolmetimbers

On 2018-10-10 at 4:24 PM, Ryuurik said:

I think it's most likely the first step towards access to Tau system. Big ship and all. Would make sense, that these are the tools we will cross the long distance between two systems.

I believe you've made a mistake in your formatting since your font color has been changed.

Unless you made it on purpose in which case you should stop trying to be a speshul snowflake and change it to normal anyway.

On the topic though, I feel pretty confident to say Steve will never get sated, only more hungry.

7 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I believe you've made a mistake in your formatting since your font color has been changed.

Unless you made it on purpose in which case you should stop trying to be a speshul snowflake and change it to normal anyway.

It's on purpose and if you got problem with my artistic ways, i am not going to change what i am.

Better prepare with sunglasses next time if it hurts to watch. 😉

Just now, Ryuurik said:

It's on purpose and if you got problem with my artistic ways, i am not going to change what i am.

Better prepare with sunglasses next time if it hurts to watch. 😉

Oh, ok, so you're obnoxious AND you think this is "artistic" (good one, made me laugh), more power to you.

On an unrelated note, can you ignore users on this forum?

16 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

I am a very casual player.

Been playing Warframe on and off for the last 3-4 years but have only managed 200 odd days of log ins.

The game is huge, ive only been to POE once and Cetus twice.  Havent even done all the quests leading up to this "new" content.

Ive still got so much to do, havent even touched a sortie, not that my gear isnt up to it, it certainly is, just still have more to do before even looking at that stuff.

Havent even unlocked all the nodes lol

So when people scream content drought, i gleefully clap my hands because to me, "content drought" = "time to catch up"

I feel as though i should stop trying to do all the stuff that was added longer than a year ago and just focus on the new stuff stuff, but that feels like cheating somehow.

Starting to get the impression that this is what is intended.  

New systems, weapons and frames are added before rework is done on older stuff because new content = more players = more money.

I just dont have the free time to keep up with it all.  

Same here. Except I only started playing around 10 months ago. Got 170-odd login days under my belt.

I've managed to get most of the way through the star chart in that time, but not much else. Still so many things left to do and still a long way off being able to do the Sacrifice quest.

Anyway, long story short, I'm happy to just progress at my own pace. Feel no need at all to grind towards the latest content or shiny new toy. It'll still be there when I finally get caught up.

I can understand veterans who've done everything being bored / frustrated, but DE are working on it as fast as they can...and there are (shock, horror) other games out there.

9 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Oh, ok, so you're obnoxious AND you think this is "artistic" (good one, made me laugh), more power to you.

On an unrelated note, can you ignore users on this forum?

I'm very sorry if i have hurt your feelings with my font. I'm not doing it by purpose, but if you don't like it i'm still going to stick with my style.

Now we could carry on with actual subject of the thread and drop this nonsense.

Congrats, your style makes your posting obnoxious to read. I mean, more power to you, but that's just how the brain functions.

I'm still down for a proceedurally generated open world on somewhere like Eris. Infested would make a large, shifting landscape more sensical from a lore perspective, and I want to hunt me some behemorths.

Or potentially expand the underside of the Plains of Eidolon to include  large infested cavern system seeded by the Plaguestar.

Edited by KokoroWish

From only reading the initial post i have to say i would like more open worlds BUT i would like them to be more selective about what worlds we can go to not every planet needs an open world, planets given open worlds should have serious lore attached to them.

On 2018-10-10 at 3:49 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Yeah, I mean it's not like the Jupiter gas city tileset is being totally remastered or anything, and will include rooms that require a bit more knowledge of parkour. That sure would be wild. /s.

To be fair, that's improving the base games aesthetics, and not much else. You can argue that it requires more knowledge in parkour, which I'm inclined to disagree with as it's not new knowledge, but rather just timing (as it's not like we have to use something we hardly ever use in relation to Parkour, like Wall Attacks).

I'd say a better example would be something like the massive gun rework, Nezha's rework, etc.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

On 2018-10-10 at 6:05 AM, lennieplop60 said:

As we've all noticed, making an open world map is very resource-intensive and takes a lot of time. The making of fortuna alone has caused a massive content drought in 2018. This on itself isn't a big problem, but I think it's important for DE to work on making railjack as good as possible, and adding to and improving the base game. That's gonna be quite hard if there's another open world being developed.

Frankly, I think two open worlds is enough; those devs need some rest 😛

I just want one more: Mars. It'll be mediocre like PoE and, most likely, Fortuna, but it'll add good diversity and will allow them to do a little bit more with their story. But that's all I want. DE's demonstrated that they're rather bad at the whole open world thing, and more problematic, that they're not willing to look at other successful open world games for inspiration. They focus on silly mechanics like grinding on rails instead of more immersive storytelling and combat-related gameplay. If they stop at two, I'm perfectly fine with that decision because any open world they do will be mediocre at best.