Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I sincerely hope DE isn't gonna make snother open world after fortuna.

lennieplop60

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The same people whipping up this Content Drought Controversy (Gone Sexual) also seem to think weapons are not content.

Also, the thing you mentioned, the chainsaw, is a melee weapon. If you hadn't noticed Melee 3.0 hasn't dropped yet, so why would they release it before the rework to Melee mechanics?

I'm not even fussed about this drought thing really - I'm actually more or less just surprised they're withholding content while this is going on.... 

Better question for you; why would they put Gram Prime in Chroma's PA if Melee 3.0 isn't out yet?  There were Tenno secondaries, hell even Sentinels they could have put in - but they chose a melee.    See how your logic all of a sudden does not apply?  Melee 3.0 or not - that is not why they are withholding.

If you watched the stream in question they explained clear as day it was nothing to do with melee 3.0 and everything to do with their perception of what constitutes "meaningful" content

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Better question for you; why would they put Gram Prime in Chroma's PA if Melee 3.0 isn't out yet?   See how your logic all of a sudden does not apply?  Melee 3.0 or not - that is not why they are withholding.

This one I can answer: because most of the new weapons they have use new stances and mechanics. Gram Prime doesn't. They don't want to add mechanics that are subject to change with 3.0 anyway, but Gram Prime's a shinier version of an existing weapon.

Edit: If rumours I've heard are correct, the mainline this week has new melee weapons - likely these are the weapons that don't have significantly new mechanics that they were saving for 3.0, but now they're hardcore focusing on Fortuna they're releasing them to tide us over.

Edited by Loza03
Addition.

30 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Is now a bad time to mention Railjack is basically just "space open world"?

Is it though?

I've watched the dev streams where it was demoed, but they just really showed the functionality of the vessel and how missions would work.

We (or at least I) don't know much about the context these missions will be taking place in. Are they going to be Fomorian type alerts that happen every so often, or will there be permanent mission nodes, or whatever...or will it actually be an "open world" we can explore as we please?

Given the squad / team requirement to operate the Railjack vessel, I would guess it will be a mission node type of thing (unless they re-work it so it can be done solo).

I certainly wouldn't mind Railjack being an open world environment, but there would have to always be stuff to do, to give you a reason to go exploring. Asteroids to mine, bases to raid / destroy etc. as well as the "board & destroy massive ships" thing.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

This one I can answer: because most of the new weapons they have use new stances and mechanics. Gram Prime doesn't. They don't want to add mechanics that are subject to change with 3.0 anyway, but Gram Prime's a shinier version of an existing weapon.

While that does make sense - it still doesn't change the fact DE openly stated why they were witholding the weapon, and in their own words it was because they didn't want to release meaningless content.

If it was Melee 3.0 they would have said exactly what they said about the Sentient Katana - that it was being withheld for 3.0

I don't see DE usually telling lies, so I can only assume they're being honest and believe releasing that would be meaningless.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Just now, (PS4)lagrue said:

I'm not even fussed about this drought thing really - I'm actually more or less just surprised they're witholding content while this is going on.... 

Better questions for you; why would they put Gram Prime in Chroma's PA if Melee 3.0 isn't out yet?  

Because PA supersedes mechanic changes and was set in stone ages ago. Also, I imagine that chainsaw isn't vanilla. However, a Heavy Blade with no new Stance is dead simple.

4 minutes ago, Atekron said:

please, go back to forum page scroll a little, check how many people are interested in this, and then say that topic is dead, if you dare

If any of these threads presented more than "I've just watched this video everyone has seen and am restating the basic premise" with absolutely no actionable feedback beyond DO MORE and FASTER, then I wouldn't have a problem. The threads are all the same. At the very least they dropped embedding the video after doing it a bunch.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Because PA supersedes mechanic changes and was set in stone ages ago. Also, I imagine that chainsaw isn't vanilla. However, a Heavy Blade with no new Stance is dead simple.

And all of that still ignore DE's own statement?  Are you EVER going to acknowledge that?  They said they don't want to release meaningless content.  They had no problem telling us the Sentient Katana was being withheld for 3.0 - so why give us a completely different excuse for the chainsaws?  

You have to admit on some level they have either miscommunicated why they're doing it - or are in fact withholding on principle.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Just now, (PS4)lagrue said:

You have to admit on some level they have either miscommunicated why they're doing it - or are in fact withholding on principle.  

What? You are reading way too far into any of this.

Then I'll speculate what "meaningless" content would be. Could be stuff that doesn't work with how Melee 3.0 is structured. Could be they have drawn a line in the sand with meme garbage and can't make the chainsaw work in day-to-day play beyond use once and never again.

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

What? You are reading way too far into any of this.

Then I'll speculate what "meaningless" content would be. Could be stuff that doesn't work with how Melee 3.0 is structured. Could be they have drawn a line in the sand with meme garbage and can't make the chainsaw work in day-to-day play beyond use once and never again.

All I can say is that you should be a lawyer.  You're so good at raising reasonable doubt that you could make a career of it.  I still don't agree with you though.

I don't have full quotes of the discussion, but they were basically saying they just didn't want to drop 50 weapons at once so none of them would feel special.  They do plan to give us the chainsaws eventually - but they were witholding it so as not to bog us with content that would feel meaningless.  There wasn't much wiggle room for interpretation of the word meaningless in context of the discussion they were having.  

I wish I knew the stream # so I could source it.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Is it though?

I've watched the dev streams where it was demoed, but they just really showed the functionality of the vessel and how missions would work.

We (or at least I) don't know much about the context these missions will be taking place in. Are they going to be Fomorian type alerts that happen every so often, or will there be permanent mission nodes, or whatever...or will it actually be an "open world" we can explore as we please?

Given the squad / team requirement to operate the Railjack vessel, I would guess it will be a mission node type of thing (unless they re-work it so it can be done solo).

I certainly wouldn't mind Railjack being an open world environment, but there would have to always be stuff to do, to give you a reason to go exploring. Asteroids to mine, bases to raid / destroy, as well as boarding & destroying massive ships.

They've said several times that it's a completely new system that basically serves as a new mission structure going forward. They're not axing the current system, but Railjack is basically the expansion of it. As I understand it, the idea is that, for Railjack missions, it functionally replaces the Orbiter any time it's used, with us flying around the system in the Railjack to the necessary area. In my mind, that seems to necessitate at least some degree of openness. Probably not in the same fashion as our present open worlds, but nevertheless. They've also confirmed it can be done solo, so that fixes the team requirement you brought up.

Evidence for this comes from the presentation and the Devstream demos - in the Presentation, we see the area be introduced in the same fashion as the other Open areas, with a big text saying where we are. The second is that in the demos, there's no sign of Nef's ship, indicating it's not a permeant fixture of the area, and in turn, that there's non-combat sections to Railjack, Doubly so since they mentioned the ship has a cargo hold. So far, the only areas with any kind of non-combat gameplay in Warframe have been the Open Worlds. Therefore, there is likely some degree of openness to Railjack.

I agree that there would always need to be things to explore, but that's probably not been finished yet. We have only been seeing very early builds of it after all.

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

They've said several times that it's a completely new system that basically serves as a new mission structure going forward. They're not axing the current system, but Railjack is basically the expansion of it. As I understand it, the idea is that, for Railjack missions, it functionally replaces the Orbiter any time it's used, with us flying around the system in the Railjack to the necessary area. In my mind, that seems to necessitate at least some degree of openness. Probably not in the same fashion as our present open worlds, but nevertheless. They've also confirmed it can be done solo, so that fixes the team requirement you brought up.

Evidence for this comes from the presentation and the Devstream demos - in the Presentation, we see the area be introduced in the same fashion as the other Open areas, with a big text saying where we are. The second is that in the demos, there's no sign of Nef's ship, indicating it's not a permeant fixture of the area, and in turn, that there's non-combat sections to Railjack, Doubly so since they mentioned the ship has a cargo hold. So far, the only areas with any kind of non-combat gameplay in Warframe have been the Open Worlds. Therefore, there is likely some degree of openness to Railjack.

I agree that there would always need to be things to explore, but that's probably not been finished yet. We have only been seeing very early builds of it after all.

Hmm. Well I didn't get all that from what I saw. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention...

No matter how hard DE working on Fortuna, people will play it all through and get bored in less than a couple of months.

DE should realize this is a f2p game, not a retail game, players should receive content update frequently.

I appreciate their attitude that want to make a AAA level content, but making one after another open world and we to need to wait a lonnnnnng time before actual new things arrived, is that good for the game? Maybe time will tell.

And I can already see railjack as another huge space open world that is 4 times of Fortuna thing blah blah blah ...

4 minutes ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

No matter how hard DE working on Fortuna, people will play it all through and get bored in less than a couple of months.

DE should realize this is a f2p game, not a retail game, players should receive content update frequently.

I appreciate their attitude that want to make a AAA level content, but making one after another open world and we to need to wait a lonnnnnng time before actual new things arrived, is that good for the game? Maybe time will tell.

And I can already see railjack as another huge space open world that is 4 times of Fortuna thing blah blah blah …

They did realise it. The openly admitted they got overzealous with Fortuna in devstream 117, particularly since it followed a content break for fixing stuff up.

In a sense, soon it'll be the endless threads popping up after Fortuna saying that it was a disappointment. Rinse and repeat. I personally think the way we'll be getting content for a while will be different, and maybe slower but deeper to how it was prior. 

Either way, there will always be upset no matter what.  

39 minutes ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

And I can already see railjack as another huge space open world that is 4 times of Fortuna thing blah blah blah ...

And what kind of content do you want?

New missions?

New events?

New maps?

New worlds?

New weapons?

All of the above?

Content of any kind takes time to create and there are always players who will speed through it far faster than the devs can create it.

DE aren't just trying to churn out stuff to satisfy players...and if they did people would likely complain it was generic and uninteresting (since thats the easiest & quickest stuff to make).

They are creating a game world / universe that is tailored to their own collective vision...the amount of lore already created should tell you that. 

This isn't Fortnite or COD or other games where you can just design a new map and a bunch of bosses, weapons etc. that don't have to have any bearing on whats gone previously.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Just want to say I hope they do. The lore just got more interesting and the subsequent content we get from PoE (Hunter, Augur mods, Plague Star, Zaws, the frames from PoE) are definitely great additions to the game. Fortuna just strengthens the lore and while there are similar gameplay contents, i'm still looking forward to exploring the areas when it comes.

Personally i think the existing game elements are solid enough that DE should focus on more huge lore based updates rather than tweaking existing ones just to appease the community. Heck i was hoping for a forest open world version in earth before they did other planets cause i thought the concept would be interesting.

I miss when new frames comes with side quests that makes gives a backstory to the frames. Revenant and Gara for example was so rushed. And Khora feels like it came out of no where.

Edited by kambinks

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Hmm. Well I didn't get all that from what I saw. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention...

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Or maybe I overanalyse stuff too much.:tongue:

No, Steve did say in a Tweet that it will be a substitution of Loading Screens to make them "seemless", like in games like Dad of Boy.

You will be able to use the Navigation and all that, but the transition will be the ship moving to the area instead of 4 Landing Crafts in a loading screen.

Imagine seeing the Landing Craft detach from the Orbiter and flying to the planet instead of the screen turning back then going to the loading screen. I have no idea if it will be like this, but its what comes to mind.

Using the Railjack, you will be able to fly around in the "Open Space" and manually go to missions or just fly around killing random enemies or exploring... holy chetos, I it actually IS an Open World... in SPACE!

If their new user count exploded like it did for PoE when Fortuna comes out. There would be little reason to stop.

Not sure what more they could feature creep into a third one. They can just start rehashing the current mechanics over and over again like every tileset ever made and start making a hub for every planet. They don't need to make a brand new local indigenous people for every planet. They have 6 syndicates needing more fluff.

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

I can't help but think Railjack is just a glorified Archwing.

I think it's most likely the first step towards access to Tau system. Big ship and all. Would make sense, that these are the tools we will cross the long distance between two systems.

Edited by Ryuurik