Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mods, Am I the only one that thinks that they should be Exilus?

Joe_Barbarian

7 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Exilus mods are tied to movement, like Firewalker or Mesa's Waltz

...or Enemy Sense, Coaction Drift, Intruder, Master Thief, Retribution, Shock Absorbers, and some other Exilus mods that aren't even remotely related to movement.

But Infiltrate of all things (another purely movement-based augment) cannot be fit in there (last time I checked).

1 minute ago, JuicyButthurt said:

...or Enemy Sense, Coaction Drift, Intruder, Master Thief, Retribution, Shock Absorbers, and some other Exilus mods that aren't even remotely related to movement.

But Infiltrate of all things (another purely movement-based augment) cannot be fit in there (last time I checked).

Infiltrate isn't simply movement based it also stops you from triggering any lasers.

53 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Then evidently both movement and "small utility" at once is too much.

wait...

<drift mods>

Oh gee its almost like the Drift Mods are special and unique because they are obtained through special challenges and offer small benefits that are not normally allowed in the Exilus slot.

Nah clearly they're just regular normal completely not special mods.

Like, I agree that Infiltrate should be Exilus, but pointing at the Drift Mods as part of the argument is just silly.  They are special because they are small exceptions, not mundane and proof that there are no rules.  For that matter, the Exilus slot is utility and not strictly movement, so yeah Enemy Radar and the like perfectly fit that criteria.

4 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Title.

Just saying, it feels like it.

For once, I'm totally agreeing with you Joe. 

21 minutes ago, Keybones said:

I wonder why some people would oppose the option to put a mod into the exilus slot? 

Probably some sort of "whaa powercreep" excuse. 

17 minutes ago, Keybones said:

I wonder why some people would oppose the option to put a mod into the exilus slot? 

it breaks the established design philosophy of exilus being auxiliary parkour mods.

it's power creep.

and begging for powercreep is basically the equivalent of a child saying "well my gun is infinity+1 times stronger than your gun so ha" or one that constantly changes the rules so they can win and then wondering why he has no friends (it's because it's not fun to play with that type of person or in games where that's the case).

31 minutes ago, Keybones said:

Might as well remove auras required on aura slot, put any mod there and convert to that mod aura, while we are at it, right?

All about the options

8 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Oh gee its almost like the Drift Mods are special and unique because they are obtained through special challenges and offer small benefits that are not normally allowed in the Exilus slot.

Nah clearly they're just regular normal completely not special mods.

Like, I agree that Infiltrate should be Exilus, but pointing at the Drift Mods as part of the argument is just silly.  They are special because they are small exceptions, not mundane and proof that there are no rules.  For that matter, the Exilus slot is utility and not strictly movement, so yeah Enemy Radar and the like perfectly fit that criteria.

If you set up rules not to follow them or outright break them with exceptions, what's the point of the rules?

4 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Negating any laser sensor is not small utility it's basically a free spy room run like really you're comparing that to +15% in a stat?

Look at it this way: The worse player you are, the more this bonus matters.

For me personally, it's completely irrelevant as I rarely get detected by lasers to begin with, and even if I do, the vault situation is usually resolved within the next 20 seconds - successfully.

That part of Infiltrate is a crutch, training wheels. Not to mention this functionality is exclusive to a single gamemode in the game.

It is by all means a small utility.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

23 minutes ago, JuicyButthurt said:

Look at it this way: The worse player you are, the more this bonus matters.

For me personally, it's completely irrelevant as I rarely get detected by lasers to begin with, and even if I do, the vault situation is usually resolved within the next 20 seconds - successfully.

That part of Infiltrate is a crutch, training wheels. Not to mention this functionality is exclusive to a single gamemode in the game.

It is by all means a small utility.

You not needing it doesn't negate the absurd utility. There could be a mod that just halves all damage all the time and I might not need it and call it a crutch but that doesn't get rid of it's general extreme usefulness.

What? Absolutely nobody is saying anything about the immense powercreep created by new weapons and rivens in past year and some players are against the idea of making certain mods exilus coz "it encourages powercreep". Is it a practical joke?

Edited by Marvelous_A

Le 14/10/2018 à 04:21, mikakor a dit :

Probably some sort of "whaa powercreep" excuse. 

Well while rolling guard could be there and would actually sorta fit, the others not so much. Specifically adaptation as it is currently. 

That much more survivability has to come at a cost. 

It's not even about powercreep anymore, it's about relevance. We already have way more power than we need to have. If you built up your arsenal and invested into the game's progression you can speepwalk through all content currently in game simply because of the disproportionate amount of power and DPS you can bring to the table. I'd rather not make the situation worse personally unless we're given ready access to levels where the numerical scaling of the game makes the enemies able to fight back (sorta).