Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

My idea for Garuda would be a tap or hold to activate the abilities to uses different aspects of her concepts

1. Tap- claw dash is intsa-kill (moderate blood gain.) Hold-create a torrent of blood from passive reserves to inflict a special status

2. Tap- the separate claw finger pierces the enemy and allows you to leech life (constant low blood gain.) Hold- for enemies caught on a clawed finger casts a blood hex on them to increase attack for allies.

3. Tap- mutalate yourself to add you blood to pool which increases your total 3x. Hold- uses all reserves to create a pool of blood to decrease enemy accuracy, also enemies killed by allies add to your passive

4. Tap- garuda equips her claws spinning in a circle chopping enemies to chunks. Hold- creates 2 giant rows of her claws and enemy bones that apply an aura that automatically kill any enemy below 15% base health, which coats the claws in blood which aggro enemies exploding when expiration .(while using the 3 extends range and apply special proc upon explosion)

Passive- takes 40% of blood from enemies killed, while slowing and weakening enemies by 20%.

I tried to have the tap abilities selfish, while the hold abilities are more for the whole team.

Feel free to critique

7 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Then remove that benefit from Chroma`s 3rd ability too since no one wants to lose health to gain damage...

Yeah, being like Chroma, because that's what I want.......

To be technical, Chroma doesn't really have damaging himself as his actual ability, people just use self damaging weapons as a ghetto way of getting his damage up manually, lol.

I would not be opposed to his 3 being changed either to be honest, would prefer Chroma having an actual ability there, something that offers more action based utility and *gasp* may require some animating, with damage increase as a mere passive effect of said move.  Chroma needs another rework in general really, not simply to have the 3rd ability be more than a number changer on a spreadsheet, but also for the 1 and 2 to be overhauled, cuz at this juncture, there is no point to using them.

Also, what is the point of copying Chroma's 3 anyway(And Garuda's also being a 3rd ability to boot.) Why not Rhino's if we are gonna suggest copying? Which at least doesn't require damaging yourself. Though if she does have a self damaging move I would prefer it do more than raise some numbers on a spreadsheet, as I recommended in the Garuda topic.

Edit:Topic merge. Guess it was only a matter of time.

Edited by UrielColtan

On 2018-10-30 at 2:32 AM, (XB1)D0V4Hk1IN2015 said:

like her 2 is made up of Volt's shield and Mirage's Disco ball.....

I'm assuming you mean her ! here, but if an ability carries aspects of several other abilities then isn't it just a completely new ability? I could go through game and find quite a few abilities that are "like other abilities" but they have enough of their own unique spin to be their own thing. Garuda's 1 has aspects of Volt's shield and Mirage's Prism but it still has it's own uniqueness.

My idea is Garuda's Ultimate is an Exalted Scythe which gets faster (up to double it's attack speed) when her hp gets lower [base it on her passive rate]. Also, it consumes 5% max hp to activate and, instead of draining energy, it eats 5-10 hp per second to stay active but only down to 5% of her max Hp which causes the ability to auto-shutdown. Because of this, it also has innate lifesteal to allow her to keep the ability channeled with every swing of the scythe... But It is just an idea, i suppose.

9 hours ago, Oreades said:

Cause I'm pretty sure all her 3 really does is remove her health, it might have had some other effect but if it did/does I can't recall it

It also gives her energy, which is....a bit boring, and basically just a form of Rage. I doubt i will be that hungry for energy, particularly when she really only has 3 abilities that require energy, and 2 of them already don't particularly look conducive to consecutive recasts or anything. They are rather clumsy, oafish abilities. Would prefer some actual performance utility over simple stat sliders for her 3, anyway.

Edited by UrielColtan
Grammar.

11 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Reason for her Shield is to scale the damage of her Blood Orb from enemy Fire and the Orb can be charged to increase it's damage even more. So, if DE had to remove the Shield, then they have to fiqure out what to do with the Orb's Damage scaling.

So, effort. I am ok with having that.

Be it mainly for shielding or increasing the damage of the orb, the shield would be more functional as a full body sheild instead though. Volt gets by on the fact that he can shoot straight through his shields for damage and can make multiple of them, not just the one he picks up, on top of his speed ability helping obfuscate attacks toward him.

Personally, i don't think that sheild and the orb on Garuda are amazing enough to warrant them, particularly in conjunction with her talon attack. She could kill just as effectively if not moreso if she could just chain her talons even after a kill. That shield isn't fluid at all and is just one big stall wall against that.

Edited by UrielColtan

I always though that garuda's fourth would be an exalted weapon or some sort, so here is my idea.

Make her fourt an exalted warfan, cause we only have one warfan and it would be great to have another. And make some part of her combo or when you charge attack shoot her feather thing.

I know it'll make more sense to make it into claw, but we have valkyr for that. And she is a bird(or closely resembles one) so it won't be to far fetch

On 2018-10-11 at 3:36 AM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

3. Her most unique ability. Maybe add a little bit more. Like an acrobatics increase based on the amount of HP sacrificed. 

What do you want them to add here? I don't know what you mean by having DE add "...an acrobatics increase based on the amount of HP sacrificed."

20 hours ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

My idea for Garuda would be a tap or hold to activate the abilities to uses different aspects of her concepts

1. Tap- claw dash is intsa-kill (moderate blood gain.) Hold-create a torrent of blood from passive reserves to inflict a special status

2. Tap- the separate claw finger pierces the enemy and allows you to leech life (constant low blood gain.) Hold- for enemies caught on a clawed finger casts a blood hex on them to increase attack for allies.

3. Tap- mutalate yourself to add you blood to pool which increases your total 3x. Hold- uses all reserves to create a pool of blood to decrease enemy accuracy, also enemies killed by allies add to your passive

4. Tap- garuda equips her claws spinning in a circle chopping enemies to chunks. Hold- creates 2 giant rows of her claws and enemy bones that apply an aura that automatically kill any enemy below 15% base health, which coats the claws in blood which aggro enemies exploding when expiration .(while using the 3 extends range and apply special proc upon explosion)

Passive- takes 40% of blood from enemies killed, while slowing and weakening enemies by 20%.

I tried to have the tap abilities selfish, while the hold abilities are more for the whole team.

Feel free to critique

I like this idea. It makes her out to be a bit like a blood mage or someone who utilizes blood to empower her abilities. It also fits in more with the gore theme. However, with her proposed 4 i'd rather it be something where she summons spikes that float behind her and she sends them into enemies, impaling them into walls.

On 2018-10-30 at 10:43 PM, Kindred_of_Darkness said:

A Revised Garuda Skillset:

I'm glad DE is talking about reworking Garuda's 4, Honestly other then her 1 her entire kit seems pretty lack luster to me and had me yawning. Here's a selection of ideas I had to make her a lot more interesting (And actually use those bone claws...):

Make her 4 a transform with passive benefits that pulls out her “exalted” claws but changes her 1,2,3 abilities. Ways to differentiate from Valkyr: Different stance, Different weapon stats, Gains new abilities, no energy drain for form changing just an initial cost (like equinox I suppose).

Blood Mage Queen Form:

1. Change the starting leap to a force levitate that forcefully drags the enemy over and yoinks the orb of blood out of their bodys. Otherwise, keep the rest it seems pretty cool.

2. the little dinky claw spike really isn't extra enough for this space ninja game, make it an alter or an energy pentagram or something cool that the enemie is splayed out on... and make the radius way bigger & heal allies if it doesn't already.

3. Current is fine... if boring. maybe make it cleanse CC, Stun enemies that are too close, heck maybe throw the bone shard shield on here too.

4. Form Change to Claw mode and back, Passive gain damage reduction equivalent to missing health % (this seems ridiculous, but keep in mind with out thinking about quick thinking, anything that would one shot you... will still one shot you.)

Bone Claw Form:

1. Leap attack (here's where it went) that performs a brutal melee finisher, let the animation have fun, lets seem some limb tearing and enemies ripped in half. On kills grants a moral damage boost to allies and a demoralizing damage debuff for enemies. Garuda is invulnerable for the duration of the finisher (cuz she'll die if she's not)

2. Bone claws spin around her in a burst like her previous 4 but only dealing one instance of damage with a snap draw in effect, thinking a spin attack with a higher radius. (no maiming strike. stop it.) Line of sight.

3. Sacrifice half of HP to create a shield of bone shards with a number of charges that block instances of damage (similar to Revenant and the Amesha arch wing) bone shards counter attack enemies dealing damage and slash/puncture procing them while lodging into the enemy. Recasting the ability refreshes it and yanks the bone shards out of affected enemies dealing damage again and damaging enemies in their path back to Garuda. Transforming ends the effect and pulls the shards as well.

4. Garuda Pulls out her claws! While in this form Garuda Gains attack speed based on how low her health gets and Enemies with damaged health bars are outlined and can be seen through walls.

I can see the 3s being swapped between forms, the bone shield makes more sense on the blood mage since she doesn't really use the claws, however I think the Melee form would need some serious survivability to not just pop in late game missions.

Anyway this has been my manic spew of ideas! Thanks for reading if you made it this far. 🙂

My post got buried when they merged topics so just moving it forward... my bad for making a new thread I haven't been active on forums for like 10 years so I am a bit rusty =P

Edited by Kindred_of_Darkness

20 hours ago, Dragunny said:

My idea is Garuda's Ultimate is an Exalted Scythe which gets faster (up to double it's attack speed) when her hp gets lower [base it on her passive rate]. Also, it consumes 5% max hp to activate and, instead of draining energy, it eats 5-10 hp per second to stay active but only down to 5% of her max Hp which causes the ability to auto-shutdown. Because of this, it also has innate lifesteal to allow her to keep the ability channeled with every swing of the scythe... But It is just an idea, i suppose.

Here's my idea for a new ult for Garuda... don't know if anyone else cares but thought i'd mention it here.

23 hours ago, Kindred_of_Darkness said:

My post got buried when they merged topics so just moving it forward... my bad for making a new thread I haven't been active on forums for like 10 years so I am a bit rusty =P

I don't know if encouraging the spamming of the same post is going to help, particularly if other people get the same idea to repost there old post, such as the poster below you. Further artificially inflating the pages of the topic.

Edited by UrielColtan

So I was talking to a friend of mine and he mentioned there's some disappointment of her 4 ability which causes her to have a "shield" of blades around her turning her into a blender of sorts. The idea of a gore frame really appealed to me, and I had an idea that might make that ability a bit better, and more usable in the long term of playing her. I was told I should bring that idea here for all to see as it might help her, so here I am.

My idea is instead of having her become a ball of blades, what if instead she launches her blades all around her and impaling enemies to walls (if near any and range is high enough) and if not near walls they simply impale them slowing their movement a bit. While the blades are stuck inside the enemy, they are draining blood and absorbing it for a limited duration. Hitting the key again would recall the blades, splitting the enemy into a spectacular visual of viscera.

Upon returning to Garuda they would either heal her for a certain amount, or shroud her in the blood they have taken giving her a sort of blood shield. The blood would then as she moves around drip off of her and onto the ground leaving a blood trail; the more blood oozes off, the less effective her shield is. Among either the shield or health regen she is given a damage boost depending on how much blood the blades were able to siphon.

That's about the extent of my idea, though upon re-reading it I had another. That blood trail she would leave from the shield aspect; there could be a syndicate mod that would turn the trail toxic or some form of damage so long as enemies are traveling over the trail. The buff could also be called "Adrenaline" figured it'd be thematic.

I know it was a long read, and I thank you for taking the time to take a look at my idea.

11 hours ago, Zaggaroth said:

So I was talking to a friend of mine and he mentioned there's some disappointment of her 4 ability which causes her to have a "shield" of blades around her turning her into a blender of sorts. The idea of a gore frame really appealed to me, and I had an idea that might make that ability a bit better, and more usable in the long term of playing her. I was told I should bring that idea here for all to see as it might help her, so here I am.

My idea is instead of having her become a ball of blades, what if instead she launches her blades all around her and impaling enemies to walls (if near any and range is high enough) and if not near walls they simply impale them slowing their movement a bit. While the blades are stuck inside the enemy, they are draining blood and absorbing it for a limited duration. Hitting the key again would recall the blades, splitting the enemy into a spectacular visual of viscera.

Upon returning to Garuda they would either heal her for a certain amount, or shroud her in the blood they have taken giving her a sort of blood shield. The blood would then as she moves around drip off of her and onto the ground leaving a blood trail; the more blood oozes off, the less effective her shield is. Among either the shield or health regen she is given a damage boost depending on how much blood the blades were able to siphon.

That's about the extent of my idea, though upon re-reading it I had another. That blood trail she would leave from the shield aspect; there could be a syndicate mod that would turn the trail toxic or some form of damage so long as enemies are traveling over the trail. The buff could also be called "Adrenaline" figured it'd be thematic.

I know it was a long read, and I thank you for taking the time to take a look at my idea.

Aint it kinda like Excalibur spears?