Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

1 minute ago, InfectedPhoenix said:

well when its a separate thread people can see it if its a part of another its just gets lost in last pages ...

Not really how forums generally work. If everyone uses that logic, most peoples threads would be bumped off before being seen. The very reason for the 'search function' to exist is so that you can find threads to participate in, instead of creating a new unneeded one.

Well looky here, 40 pages of people that want to discuss Garuda. If only you have posted here. So many people could have seen your post.

Just now, UseNet said:

Not really how forums generally work. If everyone uses that logic, most peoples threads would be bumped off before being seen. The very reason for the 'search function' to exist is so that you can find threads to participate in, instead of creating a new unneeded one.

Well looky here, 40 pages of people that want to discuss Garuda. If only you have posted here. So many people could have seen your post.

ok mate thx for the advice 

Hello guys , i guess we all have seen at this point Garudas abilities and i personally find them disappointing and i though a few things that id like to tell and see what you guys think of this cuz i'm sure that i'm not the only one.

So starting with her theme we have a  blood thirsty warframe and thing that come to my mind is a berserker vampire that gets stronger the more blood she collects so starting with 
her passive ,lets be honest no one wants to lose health to gain dmg ...that not a fun mechanic ,so i was thinking why not add a stacking blood passive similar to what haves nidus has, boosting her abilities dmg, the more stacks the more dmg 
- her 1, we can keep it mostly the same, removing the blood bomb thing but keeping the shield and adding some synergies with the passive stacking it while scaling its dmg.
- her 2, replace it with the blood bomb, it will scale with the passive and it will cost a number of stack to activate but it will deal the dmg of the initial number of stacks before the cast .
- her 3, i dont like the idea of losing health to gain energy when we have energy pizzas,mods that give you energy based on dmg taken and lets not forget about zenurik free energy at no cost , so Garuda haves those huge claws  which are more like spikes, so why we don't make her 3 to trough spikes at the enemy with the limit of 8 spikes that she carries on her hands impaling the enemy while slowly draining blood from the target, storing it in a sphere on top of the spike and if in the range of the spike there are enemies with bleed effect on them it will collect the blood from those bleeds , the spike its self will stay in the same place until garuda decides to collect the blood for the passive and gaining a heal based on a % of the blood it stored to do this she will use her 1 to aim at the spikeby holding it fro 1 sec jumping in a straight line hitting all the enemy in the way, collecting the spike she can throw it again at another enemy .
- her 4, the Nyx copy paste...not that great, i was thinking of something more interactive like when she presses 4 she is locked in melee mode of the weapon you equip ,the idea is that when you attack the enemy in this mode with each attack there will be additional flying blades (spikes) at the enemy that she controls telepathically that deal additional dmg having the range of a long sword this way giving adittional range to claw weapons (venka) and staking th combo counter (the spike dmg doesn't stack it with combo counter only the melee weapon) and the number of the blades will be defined by the passive stacks each will deal a base dmg that will be mostly bleed which will be affected by power strength.

So this way every ability on her kit has a synergy with each other that fits her theme with a lot more action and interactive plays using your 1 and 3 to stack the passive and heal your self when low on health, your 1,2 and 4 to deal dmg while scaling with the game cuz lets be honest the best warframes that are in game are either those that scale with the enemy like nidus or ocatvia , either waframes that are unkilable or the ones that deal absurd amount of dmg .

Edited by InfectedPhoenix

6 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

Necromancy is, like, one of the quintessential schools of black magic. How would you define occult if necromancy of all things doesn't fit into it?

Warframe is very clearly not pure sci fi, but does, in fact, have many heavy fantasy elements. Vauban is the closest thing we have to a Warframe that's purely technological, and absolutely all of the rest of them use what amounts to magic on some level. 

Back on topic of the OP, I kinda agree with this. I really don't want to see "boring Revenant copy/paste" replaced with "boring Valkyr copy/paste." 

Honestly the way I'd go with for Garuda is some kind of spear throwing ability. Kind of like what Hela does in Thor: Ragnarok. 

Pressing 4 puts you in a weaponless state where right clicking throws a fan of spears in a cone, and you can fling them, say, 4 times per cast. Make it scale with weapon mods, punch through enemies, and more than one can hit a single target. Maybe pepper in a CC, like a heavy knockback or something like that. Enemies killed are impaled to walls. 

I think that would be a bit more interesting and a little different than other things we've seen before. It would have elements of abilities like Landslide, but would be more powerful and have a better AoE (hence it being an ult). 

Ahh, so we make her copy paste ivara but tank instead of invis and utility. All jokes aside, that sounds like it could be a good fit for her kit. Make it work with her other abilities somehow and then we're talking.

Honestly I think Garuda's 4 would have been totally fine if she had been 3-4 frames removed from the Revenant but having two frames with essentially the dame 4th ability, back to back was just no bueno. 

As far as her other abilities I feel like a lot of them seem to crutch off of each other too hard. To the point where they aren't synergies so much as they are dependencies. The result being that they look like she is going to play like like a Streetfighter combo 3-3-1-2, 3-3-1-2, 3-3-1-1, 3-3-1-2, 3-3-1-2, 4, 3-3-1-2, 3-3-1-2. Which seems kinda ironic considering part of the reason they are remodeling the old Melee system is because people didn't like/bother with the combos. 

Her powers just don't seem like they shine on their own where as a frame like Khora where all of her powers work great without the addition of Whip Claw. Then if you add Whipclaw to them they get that much "better", Whipclaw works as a bonus instead of a pre-requisite. 

I was going to say if her previous 4 made her a full revenant clone and mine made her a full valkyr clone then that suggestion makes her a full inara clone...

On the subject of occultism there is literally an alter on earth you use potions to summon and slay old fey guardians.

I'll admit I forgot they said she should be cold and indifferent! My bad. 

I really don't think just giving her a different 4 solves her issues though unless it like dominates/ synergizes with her kit

1 hour ago, InfectedPhoenix said:

her passive ,lets be honest no one wants to lose health to gain dmg ...that not a fun mechanic

Then remove that benefit from Chroma`s 3rd ability too since no one wants to lose health to gain damage...

- her 1, we can keep it mostly the same, removing the blood bomb thing but keeping the shield and adding some synergies with the passive stacking it while scaling its dmg.

The Blood Bomb is optional, you can either just keep the shield until it expires or throw it at enemies to deal damage. Considering the damage it was dealing on the DevStreams, i rather it be kept as is, its going to be one of the strongest 1st abilities next to Altas`s.

- her 2, replace it with the blood bomb, it will scale with the passive and it will cost a number of stack to activate but it will deal the dmg of the initial number of stacks before the cast .

And remove her main survivability skill? No thanks, if im going blood thirst i want something to keep my health up wile im killing.

- her 3, i dont like the idea of losing health to gain energy when we have energy pizzas,mods that give you energy based on dmg taken and lets not forget about zenurik free energy at no cost 

Energy Pizzas restore 100 energy at most, the skill restores all of her energy and probably scales with Power strength, meaning that even with Primed Flow you will probably get more than 600 energy and using Zenurik as excuse is really lacking creativity. Not every player likes Zenurik and no one should be forced to play it either. I could just use the same excuse to not have her 2nd ability since im a Vazarin main but i have to consider players who play with other Focus schools.

- her 4, the Nyx copy paste...

Her 4th isnt Copy Pasted from Nyx, Nyx absorbs damage wile being immobile then explodes it in all directions, Garuda triggers a blender and runs around shredding everything in her path.

Speaking of Copy/Paste...

so i was thinking why not add a stacking blood passive similar to what haves nidus has, boosting her abilities dmg, the more stacks the more dmg

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

32 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Then remove that benefit from Chroma`s 3rd ability too since no one wants to lose health to gain damage...

The Blood Bomb is optional, you can either just keep the shield until it expires or throw it at enemies to deal damage. Considering the damage it was dealing on the DevStreams, i rather it be kept as is, its going to be one of the strongest 1st abilities next to Altas`s.

And remove her main survivability skill? No thanks, if im going blood thirst i want something to keep my health up wile im killing.

Energy Pizzas restore 100 energy at most, the skill restores all of her energy and probably scales with Power strength, meaning that even with Primed Flow you will probably get more than 600 energy and using Zenurik as excuse is really lacking creativity. Not every player likes Zenurik and no one should be forced to play it either. I could just use the same excuse to not have her 2nd ability since im a Vazarin main but i have to consider players who play with other Focus schools.

Her 4th isnt Copy Pasted from Nyx, Nyx absorbs damage wile being immobile then explodes it in all directions, Garuda triggers a blender and runs around shredding everything in her path.

Speaking of Copy/Paste...

first of all chromas 3d ability boosts his armor and he can pay some health for a dmg buff that will remain if even he replenishes his health back keep that in mind while garuda loses that buff when gains health back  , her sphere becomes her 2 we dont remove it just change its place , her old 2 is moved to 3 and modified to give health in combo with her 1 read the topic properly mate and nidus passive stacks up his 1 dmg and only that dmg and boosting his armor while what i had in mind is to boost Garudas overall dmg cuz i want her to be a scaling warframe and there are not many ways to that here another option to make hare a scaling ability's is to make them absorb enemy dmg but that kinda doesn't fit her theme and her 3 completely remove it u can jut add HUNTER ADRENALIN to gain energy cuz you heal back any way that health with her 3 

48 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Honestly I think Garuda's 4 would have been totally fine if she had been 3-4 frames removed from the Revenant but having two frames with essentially the dame 4th ability, back to back was just no bueno. 

As far as her other abilities I feel like a lot of them seem to crutch off of each other too hard. To the point where they aren't synergies so much as they are dependencies. The result being that they look like she is going to play like like a Streetfighter combo 3-3-1-2, 3-3-1-2, 3-3-1-1, 3-3-1-2, 3-3-1-2, 4, 3-3-1-2, 3-3-1-2. Which seems kinda ironic considering part of the reason they are remodeling the old Melee system is because people didn't like/bother with the combos. 

Her powers just don't seem like they shine on their own where as a frame like Khora where all of her powers work great without the addition of Whip Claw. Then if you add Whipclaw to them they get that much "better", Whipclaw works as a bonus instead of a pre-requisite. 

Nidus has a similar mechanic and he is just fine u use his abilities in combos and his one of the best warframes in game great dps,nice CC, tanky as #*!%, and great utility with his 3 to boost power strength for an ally and health regen for all squad mates that are in the range of 4 ..
about khora...she is the most annoying waframe to have in a squad that 4 #*!%s up so many other warframes just garbing all the enemy making it unable to hited by other abilities of other players so fun just shoot at the hanging enemies that constantly wiggle and she is a good example of bad design a very small group of player actually like her. Her original design was much better now she is nothing but another "meh" warframe 

14 minutes ago, InfectedPhoenix said:

first of all chromas 3d ability boosts his armor and he can pay some health for a dmg buff that will remain if even he replenishes his health back keep that in mind while garuda loses that buff when gains health back  , her sphere becomes her 2 we dont remove it just change its place , her old 2 is moved to 3 and modified to give health in combo with her 1 read the topic properly mate and nidus passive stacks up his 1 dmg and only that dmg and boosting his armor while what i had in mind is to boost Garudas overall dmg cuz i want her to be a scaling warframe and there are not many ways to that here another option to make hare a scaling ability's is to make them absorb enemy dmg but that kinda doesn't fit her theme and her 3 completely remove it u cna jut add HUNTER ADRENALIN to gain energy cuz you heal back any way that health with her 3 

Firstly, it would be fantastic if you could type that legibly, because it's really hard to pick out what you're saying in about half of this. 
I'm not gonna try to argue against most of this because I don't really have an opinion on her abilities as she ins't even out yet. 
Except on point. You claiming that her 3 should be removed since you can just add Hunter Adrenaline. What if I don't want to use it? What if I want to use my abilities to gain energy? Should Harrow's Thurible be removed then as well? Since there's no point because you can just use Hunter Adrenaline? Energy Vampire? Some of us appreciate the new way to generate energy, without having to rely on the same 3 or 4 things.

11 hours ago, Kindred_of_Darkness said:

Change the starting leap to a force levitate that forcefully drags the enemy over and yoinks the orb of blood out of their bodys

You know what? Let's just make Garuda satan himself. Yep. Garuda, queen of blood and body parts. People want innovative? Bam. Warframe has never had the prince of darkness himself, you know? 

59 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

Firstly, it would be fantastic if you could type that legibly, because it's really hard to pick out what you're saying in about half of this. 
I'm not gonna try to argue against most of this because I don't really have an opinion on her abilities as she ins't even out yet. 
Except on point. You claiming that her 3 should be removed since you can just add Hunter Adrenaline. What if I don't want to use it? What if I want to use my abilities to gain energy? Should Harrow's Thurible be removed then as well? Since there's no point because you can just use Hunter Adrenaline? Energy Vampire? Some of us appreciate the new way to generate energy, without having to rely on the same 3 or 4 things.

you know that you are talking about support waframes right now right? garuda is an offensive waframe that is her theme and im telling you that the design is poor from what i saw maybe im wrong and she will be good but i don't feel like that her kit will be as great. Im a giving a suggestion to add more synergy to her kit because its more fun when you use all of her abilities to get the most out of it and yes im unpleased with her 3 and 4 because they are not great and they dont bring nothing new to the game like i said her 4 is mostly Nyx copy paste but this time it deals dmg .  The idea i had with her 4 is something new that is not in the game the only thing we have similar to that would be Atlas 1 but this time you actually get use a weapon that you empower with her 4 while using other abilities to boost her up and make her scale in game , because we have to many warframes that are kinda useful on low lvl mission and get out scaled at lvl 30 and higher and those waframes usually end up forgotten .

25 minutes ago, (XB1)DarkRepulser205 said:

You know what? Let's just make Garuda satan himself. Yep. Garuda, queen of blood and body parts. People want innovative? Bam. Warframe has never had the prince of darkness himself, you know? 

You're critical, I can dig it, but this has a mechanical purpose of not needing to miss-position herself in order to activate a position dependent defensive ability, beyond being brutal. Again she was sold to me as a gore based warframe.

2 minutes ago, Kindred_of_Darkness said:

You're critical, I can dig it, but this has a mechanical purpose of not needing to miss-position herself in order to activate a position dependent defensive ability, beyond being brutal. Again she was sold to me as a gore based warframe.

Garuda, according to the developers, was supposed to be the vampire warframe, with strong haemophilic (blood-loving) themes. But i see a general outcry for innovation and straying from the norm. I feel like people want new and shiny when tried and true is just a little more important. Your concept is definitely a rising flame. But it needs to be fed and fueled. 

I am not critical of you @Kindred_of_Darkness. I am critical of those who value innovation and creativity over withstanding the test of time.

Nidus has a similar mechanic and he is just fine u use his abilities in combos and his one of the best warframes in game great dps,nice CC, tanky as #*!%, and great utility with his 3 to boost power strength for an ally and health regen for all squad mates that are in the range of 4 ..
about khora...she is the most annoying waframe to have in a squad that 4 #*!%s up so many other warframes just garbing all the enemy making it unable to hited by other abilities of other players so fun just shoot at the hanging enemies that constantly wiggle and she is a good example of bad design a very small group of player actually like her. Her original design was much better now she is nothing but another "meh" warframe 

You really can't complain about Khora while praising Nidus. 

Their both fairly selfish frames when it comes to group play. As far as Link goes, theoretically yeah it can be used to boost an allies power but hardly ever see (or need) it used for that, more often than not when/if I see it.... it's because someone has used it on the last enemy in a wave and we get to play the "are they trolling or just dumb" game. Aaaaaaand as for his 4, again we get to an ability that I seldom see used efficiently or with any clear intent, once and a while I'll see it used on the Defense target in a Sortie. 

Probably because most people build their Nidus for Range and Strength while letting their Duration tank because they don't need Duration for their 2 or their 1. The two skills that Nidus is most likely to spam in tandem for the duration of the mission, neither of which benefiting the "group experience". 

And being tanky is fairly irrelevant when killing everything before it can kill you is far more efficient. Unless being able to go hours on end in Arbitrations is how you judge a frames worth and frankly going 40 minutes in Arbitrations with a super squishy Khora with zero suitability mods ..... is about as much endless "fun" as I can stomach. Cause as far as I'm concerned endless missions are hecka boring, but hey if you enjoy them then you do you. 

Tho my point being all of Khoras abilities are good examples of synergy between powers and Garudas powers don't appear to have that. 

Edited by Oreades

52 minutes ago, InfectedPhoenix said:

you know that you are talking about support waframes right now right? garuda is an offensive waframe that is her theme and im telling you that the design is poor from what i saw maybe im wrong and she will good but i don't feel like that her kit will be as great. Im a giving a suggestion to add more synergy to her kit because its more fun when you use all of her abilities to get the most out of it and yes im unpleased with her 3 and 4 because they are not great and they dont bring nothing new to the game like i said her 4 is mostly Nyx copy paste but this time it deals dmg .  The idea i had with her 4 is something new that is not in the game the only thing we have similar to that would be Atlas 1 but this time you actually get use a weapon that you empower with her 4 while using other abilities to boost her up and make her scale in game , because we have to many warframes that are kinda useful on low lvl mission and get out scaled at lvl 30 and higher and those waframes usually end up forgotten .

So offensive frames aren't allowed to have trade-off abilities? Well, take away Inaros's 4 then. And the issue with your ideas is that you want to literally change every single one of her abilities in some way. That's simply not going to happen. It's happened to very few frames in the past.

As far as I heard her 4's been changed to.... something.

As for her 1... the shield just doesn't feel right. It's just so out of place. Her whole theme is about blood, and then she gets... a shield. I would have expected to use her claws as weapons, but... a shield? Really?

11 minutes ago, NotDealwithitdog said:

So offensive frames aren't allowed to have trade-off abilities? Well, take away Inaros's 4 then. And the issue with your ideas is that you want to literally change every single one of her abilities in some way. That's simply not going to happen. It's happened to very few frames in the past.

I think the problem with her 3 is it appeared to me (and I could be wrong it's been a while since I watched the devstream) that the reason it was there was essentially justify her passive. 

Cause I'm pretty sure all her 3 really does is remove her health, it might have had some other effect but if it did/does I can't recall it. Her passive was what was giving you the power boost that you want/need to make her 1 really shine. The other major problem being that when you get that health back your passive stops giving you that power bonus. 

Where as Inaros you're trading that health for bonus Armor and when you get that health back you retain said bonus armor. The Trade-off/Risk is that you might (lol) die before you manage to get that sacrificed health back if the bonus armor isn't (lol) enough to keep you alive.

Garudas problem is that it feels like the designers conflated dependency with synergy. Where a Synergy is two good things that work great together where as Garudas abilities seem like they are a bunch of things that really don't do anything without each other. Plus if you have a healer in your group .... she's gonna have a bad day trying to do anything since a lot of things seem to rely on her passive which is reliant on her having low health. It's just all a bit suboptimal. 

Edited by Oreades

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

You really can't complain about Khora while praising Nidus. 

Their both fairly selfish frames when it comes to group play. As far as Link goes, theoretically yeah it can be used to boost an allies power but hardly ever see (or need) it used for that, more often than not when/if I see it.... it's because someone has used it on the last enemy in a wave and we get to play the "are they trolling or just dumb" game. Aaaaaaand as for his 4, again we get to an ability that I seldom see used efficiently or with any clear intent, once and a while I'll see it used on the Defense target in a Sortie. 

Probably because most people build their Nidus for Range and Strength while letting their Duration tank because they don't need Duration for their 2 or their 1. The two skills that Nidus is most likely to spam in tandem for the duration of the mission, neither of which benefiting the "group experience". 

And being tanky is fairly irrelevant when killing everything before it can kill you is far more efficient. Unless being able to go hours on end in Arbitrations is how you judge a frames worth and frankly going 40 minutes in Arbitrations with a super squishy Khora with zero suitability mods ..... is about as much endless "fun" as I can stomach. Cause as far as I'm concerned endless missions are hecka boring, but hey if you enjoy them then you do you. 

Tho my point being all of Khoras abilities are good examples of synergy between powers and Garudas powers don't appear to have that. 

i don't praise nidus , yes he is really one of my favorite waframes but the same is mesa, nezha,ianors,volt,titania and they are not only my favorite waframes they are one of the best in game because they have some sort of synergy in there kit or just OP as hell and if you want to talk about squishy waframes that do the job how about Octavia , all of her abilities have synergy and she is very useful boosting her team with dmg ,stealth an mobility while scaling of enemy dmg , and yes scaling is important as an old player who haves complete the game and there is nothing else to do beside the endless missions and grind for prime stuff to sell where eventually every one will get to this point because you will finish all the quests really fast unless they quit the game  

12 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

As for her 1... the shield just doesn't feel right. It's just so out of place. Her whole theme is about blood, and then she gets... a shield. I would have expected to use her claws as weapons, but... a shield? Really?

Reason for her Shield is to scale the damage of her Blood Orb from enemy Fire and the Orb can be charged to increase it's damage even more. So, if DE had to remove the Shield, then they have to fiqure out what to do with the Orb's Damage scaling.

7 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I think the problem with her 3 is it appeared to me (and I could be wrong it's been a while since I watched the devstream) that the reason it was there was essentially justify her passive. 

Cause I'm pretty sure all her 3 really does is remove her health, it might have had some other effect but if it did/does I can't recall it. Her passive was what was giving you the power boost that you want/need to make her 1 really shine. The other major problem being that when you get that health back your passive stops giving you that power bonus. 

Where as Inaros you're trading that health for bonus Armor and when you get that health back you retain said bonus armor. The Trade-off/Risk is that you might (lol) die before you manage to get that sacrificed health back if the bonus armor isn't (lol) enough to keep you alive.

Garudas problem is that it feels like the designers conflated dependency with synergy. Where a Synergy is two good things that work great together where as Garudas abilities seem like they are a bunch of things that really don't do anything without each other. Plus if you have a healer in your group .... she's gonna have a bad day trying to do anything since a lot of things seem to rely on her passive which is reliant on her having low health. It's just all a bit suboptimal. 

well here we are on the same page ❤️ 

3 hours ago, InfectedPhoenix said:

well when its a separate thread people can see it if its a part of another its just gets lost in last pages ...

the more repeat threads same title the more likely the whole thing is to be just ignored all together as people just being spoiled brats and wanting to see who can cry the loudest

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

the more repeat threads same title the more likely the whole thing is to be just ignored all together as people just being spoiled brats and wanting to see who can cry the loudest

yeah mate i already made a post on the main thread of garuda , and to delete this thread i need to make a request and it takes time for them to delete it