Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Third Faction (not hybrid of Corpus/Grineer/Orokin) would be awesome

Rammone-X

Im very spotty on Warframe lore, but are there any other factions out there that aren't derived (in terms of aesthetics) from Corpus and Grineer, that would be adversaries of the Tenno?

I'd love to see a Third main warring faction in the game. Was wondering if anyone knew of any or has any ideas

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

the word your looking for is infested... they even have 5 bosses

they r working on a 4th tho... sentient 

But the infested are corrupted Grineer and Corpus. So I guess I consider it a hybrid more so than a real faction. Even though they are, I'd like a faction with it's own ships, economy, rulers, weapons, etc.

The Infested just "infest" everything lol

2 minutes ago, Rammone-X said:

You "barely" (and barely is generous) see the sentients. Only remnants of them. They aren't prominent anymore right now... At least not until Lotus Mom comes back...I guess

as dude said above "they are working on 4th.. sentient"

and then biggest bosses available at this point in game to actually kill are pieces of great sentient.... 😉

edit:

1 minute ago, Rammone-X said:

And your point of posting images of infested - which are aesthetically deviations of other factions in the game - aims to prove what exactly?

he posted pictures of infested enemies that are NOT aethetically deviations of other factions - only ancients outside of infested faction are only corrupted - which afaik by lore are kidnapped by orokin sentry.

Edited by Elenortirie

Just now, Elenortirie said:

as dude said above "they are working on 4th.. sentient"

and then biggest bosses available at this point in game to actually kill are pieces of grat sentient.... 😉

I guess we'll see. I hope that the re-emergence of the sentients would be more than what the infested turned out to be - that we'd see a faction with some form of "culture" like how the Grineer and Corpus are

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

that those 2 things are from the great war, and are not greneer or corpus?

Sigh... Ok, yes sure. Technically I only said "Grineer and Corpus" and you have painstakingly highlighted that Infested are also deviations of "other" factions which are not the aforementioned.

Thanks for pointing that out to me...

Guys you're missing the point.
He's saying a new faction on the scale of the Grineer/Corpus that isn't one-off enemies, and isn't largely based on the 2 prior factions. Sentients don't appear frequently, they don't have light and heavy units in the same way Corpus and Grineer do. And yes, while infested do have beings solely of their own, those boil down to Ancient class enemies (Ancients, Boilers, Brood Mothers) and bosses. The BULK of the infested is infected corpus or grineer soldiers. 

What he's talking about is like what the Corpus faction was when they got added into the game that only had Grineer in it. A 100% separate, new threat in the solar system with their own goals, members, societies, aesthetic, etc. 

On topic OP: Probably difficult due to scope (we've seen what little they've done with sentients, which were touted as such), and also hard to slide in lore-wise, so long as we remain in the current Origin Solar System.

Grenieer 

Corpus

Orokin

Infested

Sentient

5 different groups some similar to others, each with their own specific strenghts and weaknesses. 

you mean you want a 6Th enemie group?

meybe in the TAU system, we might find an indigenous group who will think we are all their enemies. 

On 2018-11-11 at 10:58 AM, Azlen said:

He's saying a new faction on the scale of the Grineer/Corpus that isn't one-off enemies, and isn't largely based on the 2 prior factions. Sentients don't appear frequently, they don't have light and heavy units in the same way Corpus and Grineer do. And yes, while infested do have beings solely of their own, those boil down to Ancient class enemies (Ancients, Boilers, Brood Mothers) and bosses. The BULK of the infested is infected corpus or grineer soldiers. 

What he's talking about is like what the Corpus faction was when they got added into the game that only had Grineer in it. A 100% separate, new threat in the solar system with their own goals, members, societies, aesthetic, etc. 

On topic OP: Probably difficult due to scope (we've seen what little they've done with sentients, which were touted as such), and also hard to slide in lore-wise, so long as we remain in the current Origin Solar System.

I agree, but it would be nice if they added in new enemy types consistently with updates. We did get new enemies with Fortuna, and a new sentient type with The Sacrifice quest.. But I'd like to see more scan-able enemies 

On 2018-11-11 at 9:56 AM, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

that those 2 things are from the great war, and are not greneer or corpus?

Maybe those would count as orokin technically? I think op means new faction all together. Maybe feels the game is stagnated in terms of interesting enemy types... And if so, I agree. The game is currently predictable and boring when it comes to enemy types. 

I'd like to see a new faction too, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. They'd have to write them into the story, AND have it make sense. It already seems that they already have a story direction... So I'd expect new enemy types instead of a new faction altogether. 

7 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

That would be... S e n t i e n t s 🙂

Smartass it could be that the Tau system allreay had an advanced Civilisations in it. 

and they might see the Sentients as invaders, and they also might have been in war with them for thousands of years. 

And when we finaly get to the Tau sys, we might go in conflict with them, as they might see us as a new treat. 

We might need to earn their trust to fight the sentients... 

Edited by (PS4)ImTheOx

1 minute ago, (PS4)ImTheOx said:

Smartass it could be that the Tau system allreay had and advanced Civilisations in it. 

and they might see the Sentients as invaders, and they also might have been in war with them for thousands of years. 

And when we finaly get to the Tau sys, we might go in conflict with them, as they might see us as a new treat. 

We might need to earn their trust to fight the sentients... 

Knowing DE, it'd be another syndicate if that was the case.

"Help us fend off the sentient threat we've been under their oppression for thousands of years!" or some crap

Edited by SunsetRain

I'd rather DE expand and refit the currently existing factions.  Grineers need to not be 53 variations of Lancer or Heavy Gunners, Infested need actual ranged combat options as I treat virtually every single on of them except the Moa's exactly the same, and the corrupted are so lazy and place holderish they need to be replaced with dedicated Orokin defense proxies.

The corrupted could use a big reboot. Sure it can have some slaves to the neural sentry. But it could have leagues of orokin robotics not seen outside the towers anymore. All led by Vor/Neural Sentry hybrid in a grand new age of gold. The void tower AIs could have been working on the sentient problem for years. Like a zero Dawn situation, and the robot faction could be similar to the late orokin buildings at wars end, grown and mostly organic.

Edited by Firetempest

Currently what we have, organized by "factions":

- (Main) Tenno: Sick ancient ninjas

- (Main) Grineer: Power driven clones

- (Main) Corpus: Money driven robots

- (Main) Sentient: Sick ancient robots

- Orokin: Ancient faction, occupied by corrupted Grineer

- Infested: Parasite infecting other factions

The infested isn't it's own faction, they are just infected members of another faction. The real question is, the infested creatures that don't come from the above factions... What ancient faction did they originate from, who did they infest to obtain that body? Could they be the infected living creatures that used to be the Orokin faction, or possibly the Sentient faction? Realistically every faction needs living creatures that control the tech creatures, in this case, Orokin and Sentient living creatures (that we know of) died out leaving only their tech behind. Maybe Tenno creatures (us) derive from Orokin or Sentient living creatures.

No doubt these factions will be "revived" and/or better explained in the future. I'm positive DE is fully aware they can't fill a new solar system with just the existing factions, it would just be boring.

On 2018-11-11 at 3:58 PM, Azlen said:

Actually they do appear quite frequently in quests, from Natah onwards, in various locations including Neptune, Earth, Lua and Void missions. Plus you can go to Plains of Eidolon every night and see them.

They also do have different units: 

Light = Vomvalyst

Medium = Battalyst (don't include Occulysts as they are passive)

Heavy: Teralyst / Gantulyst / Hydrolyst

3 hours ago, Firetempest said:

The corrupted could use a big reboot. Sure it can have some slaves to the neural sentry. But it could have leagues of orokin robotics not seen outside the towers anymore. All led by Vor/Neural Sentry hybrid in a grand new age of gold. The void tower AIs could have been working on the sentient problem for years. Like a zero Dawn situation, and the robot faction could be similar to the late orokin buildings at wars end, grown and mostly organic.

I think adding Warframe Specters to the Corrupted Roster would go a long way towards varying them up. Back when Rail conflicts were PVE, you'd fight against Corrupted backed up by Specters, and they were actually quite enjoyable to fight.