Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When DE announce Fortuna to be less grindy than PoE, I thought they meant to address the daily standing cap hahaha nope. Many lower MR players are still screwed big time.

Xerenova

Resources like Gems, fishes, Eidolon Cores, debt-bonds should just ignore the daily standing limit or at least give them a separate limit cap.

EDIT: Limit the trade to 5000 standings, add 200 per mastery then add to your current standing limit. So the formula would be (5000+(200*MR)) + Current Standing Cap.

EDIT 2: I'm not really talking about the grind. I dare say the grind in Fortuna is already perfect and an improvement from PoE. Kudos to DE for that! The problem is timegating as many mentioned in the post. It sometimes take way too long to reach the next milestone for some players and can be off putting, even.

Edited by -Icicles-
Added formula

Time-gating =/= grind.

Grinding means performing repetitive tasks in order to acquire stuff or proceed in the game. Know the difference.

In fact, one could argue that the standing caps are there to prevent people from grinding to the point of burn-out.

Edited by Guest

You know... usually you write a short informative topic name and THEN insert all the text unlike... well what you did here?

Plus, yeah i might agree a bit on it, it should at least go over the limit a little bit if they dont want it entirely.

Still could be worse, and standing is reached pretty fast usually. Sadly also the cap

Edit: Plus yeah i do understand low MR means less cap limit each day. We all have been there at a time

Edited by Dark_RRiderr

20 minutes ago, -Icicles- said:

Resources like Gems, fishes, Eidolon Cores, debt-bonds should just ignore the daily standing limit or at least give them a separate limit cap.

slower development time now = longer grind and higher timegates, nothing we can do about that really.

27 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

slower development time now = longer grind and higher timegates, nothing we can do about that really.

The grind isn't nearly as bad as in the Plains, though. I do agree that the timegates can be pretty annoying if you're the type of player who wants to access all the new stuff immediately.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Baterial said:

so many players would use this to make max rank in one day

Put a limit of 5,000 standings from resources add 200*MR + Current Standing Cap. So for a MR15 it'll be (5000+(200*15))+16000 = 24000. You HAVE to remember you are still required to grind for the resources to make use of the additional standings.

hace 21 minutos, Methanoid dijo:

the timegates are forced slowdowns like daily standing, starmap node requirements or anything that stops you doing your grind smoothly and uninterupted.

I can't believe they want us to play the game to craft our stuff, how dare they!

Just now, Kaiath64 said:

I can't believe they want us to play the game to craft our stuff, how dare they!

cant really see your point here, grind is grind which is totally fine, its the forced timegates that ruin things, and with increased dev time now, timegates are only going to increase, grind is fine but you cant grind when there is a hardcap set in place which just peeves ppl off.

26 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

The grind isn't nearly as bad as in the Plains, though. I do agree that the timegates can be pretty annoying if you're the type of player who wants to access all the new stuff immediately.

well grind is fine, the issue with grind now is that it takes longer mostly due to the increased timegating, you cant really grind for rep/etc when its hard capped per day.

It's like playing WOW and being told you can only increase your characters level once a day.

Edited by Methanoid

Just now, Methanoid said:

well grind is fine, the issue with grind now is that it takes longer mostly due to the increased timegating, you cant really grind for rep/etc when its hard capped per day.

True. I bought a booster and spent a little over an hour mining and fishing in the Vallis, I got so much stuff that I'm probably set for a good while.

Too bad I can't really do anything with those resources yet.

1 minute ago, Olphalarepth said:

Sooooooo, in order to avoid grind you sacrifice fishes and gems for standing and, after that, grind said fishes and gems again cause you'll need them to craft?

yarp, lots of totally awesome "space ninja" action required, grab that fishing pole and mining pick and get ready to rock your world, i'm justwaiting for the patch where i have to tend to crops and vegetables in my orbiter.

Just now, Olphalarepth said:

Sooooooo, in order to avoid grind you sacrifice fishes and gems for standing and, after that, grind said fishes and gems again cause you'll need them to craft?

Thanks to Ticker, spending fishes and gems for standing is not necessary.

hace 8 minutos, Methanoid dijo:

cant really see your point here, grind is grind which is totally fine, its the forced timegates that ruin things, and with increased dev time now, timegates are only going to increase, grind is fine but you cant grind when there is a hardcap set in place which just peeves ppl off.

It peeves ppl that wants everything on the first or second week after an expansion lands off. Maybe the Marquise Thyst tier on garuda is a bit too much but everything else is fine. This is a f2p game people, there's gonna be grind and some time gating, i think you should know it by now...

Edit: Besides, if you don't wanna invest time on fortuna, you can always invest time on fissures, sell your prime stuff and buy everything with platinum. I'll say it again, THIS GAME IS F2P.

Edited by Kaiath64