Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kitguns looks terrible

Fallosssss

Thx for Fortuna update, it is awesome. But kitguns on my taste looks exstremely uncool.

For shooter game guns is everithing. That is why games like Destiny 2 or Call of Duty will be always on one step ahead.

I know, you can make awesome looking guns but you dont want for some reason.

You have many fanboys, which will tell me that this design is cool, but this is people who stayed in Warframe. How much people could not understand that design? My friend, for example, went to Destiny from Warframe for this reason 3 years ago. He even bought Xbox for that.

Is Warframe has original design? Sure.

Is this design are competitive advantage for that game? Of course not.

Just open Artstation and look on trends section. You will see there what people actually want to have as weapon.

I played about 3000 hours and for me this original design always was disadvantage number one for this game.

The junker aesthetic suits the Solaris quite well. During one devstream it was said that the Corpus don't allow the Solaris access to normal corpus weaponry, so they make their own weapons with parts salvaged from tools. I believe they did well turning this idea into an attractive aesthetic.

3 hours ago, Zavenosk said:

The junker aesthetic suits the Solaris quite well. During one devstream it was said that the Corpus don't allow the Solaris access to normal corpus weaponry, so they make their own weapons with parts salvaged from tools. I believe they did well turning this idea into an attractive aesthetic.

Sure. But I can not believe that junk weapon cant looks cool. I played many games where even garbage weapons had cool look.

Weapon design in warframe is very unique for sure but it is unique cuz other games dont have weapon which is looks like tv antenna. All of us have grown in the world where weapon looks in certain way. You can say when weapon looks danger and you will laugh when somebody threath you with tv antenna.

For me the best looking weapon in Warframe is legacy Braton, Lato and Lex.

Edited by Fallosssss

2 hours ago, COATTOQUALUNQUE said:

fun fact kitguns not only looks like S#&$, you cant even use skins on them

Zaws don't accept skins either.

1 hour ago, Fallosssss said:

Sure. But I can not believe that junk weapon cant looks cool. I played many games where even garbage weapons had cool look.

Weapon design in warframe is very unique for sure but it is unique cuz other games dont have weapon which is looks like tv antenna. All of us have grown in the world where weapon looks in certain way. You can say when weapon looks danger and you will laugh when somebody threath you with tv antenna.

For me the best looking weapon in Warframe is legacy Braton, Lato and Lex.

They're obviously not the prettiest skins, but they are not meant to be. They're essentially tools turned to war, similar to much of Dead Space 1's weaponry. I enjoy how they look, but a part of this for me is appreciating the context of what they're meant to be. My favorite skins are the Arca Set. I'm fond of the geometric/practical aesthetic that Corpus equipment generally embodies, but Arca in particular have their own peculiarities and experimental status on top of this, and I believe DE did a great job reflecting this in their appearance.

9 hours ago, Zavenosk said:

Zaws don't accept skins either.

They're obviously not the prettiest skins, but they are not meant to be. They're essentially tools turned to war, similar to much of Dead Space 1's weaponry. I enjoy how they look, but a part of this for me is appreciating the context of what they're meant to be. My favorite skins are the Arca Set. I'm fond of the geometric/practical aesthetic that Corpus equipment generally embodies, but Arca in particular have their own peculiarities and experimental status on top of this, and I believe DE did a great job reflecting this in their appearance.

Yes Dead Space is good example of how junk weapon can looks cool. 

So the Tenno can craft any weapon on their Liset, but not this piece of junk.
Ok... Then why bunch of engineers which terraformated whole planet cant craft better weapon than some teenager?
And as this teenager why I need this weapon if it even looks like crap?))

If developer add some content to take players busy for a while and even make rep cap for it, they should be interested that players will want this content.
As player I dont care about why this weapons looks like that. Seriously. I just ignore it.

I think DE thinks that this design is part of their success formula, but I think this design is why so much people are playing paid Destiny and waiting for Anthem instead of just play Warframe which is always was free to play.

4 hours ago, Fallosssss said:

So the Tenno can craft any weapon on their Liset, but not this piece of junk.
Ok... Then why bunch of engineers which terraformated whole planet cant craft better weapon than some teenager?
And as this teenager why I need this weapon if it even looks like crap?))

Tenno aren't the ones handcrafting their weapons though. There's a Foundry, Ordis and blueprints for a reason. And Solaris United aren't the ones who terraformed the planet ( ̄へ ̄), it was literally mentioned multiple times that they just restarted the  orokin's terraforming devices. Do you really expect debt ridden workers to craft better weapons that a Highly Advanced Orokin descendant that has their own personal Smart AI and weapons of mass destruction?

If developer add some content to take players busy for a while and even make rep cap for it, they should be interested that players will want this content.
As player I dont care about why this weapons looks like that. Seriously. I just ignore it.

Then continue to ignore it, the whole point is that it supposed to look ugly because of who is making them. It's not meant to be the prettiest weapon same as with zaws. 

I think DE thinks that this design is part of their success formula, but I think this design is why so much people are playing paid Destiny and waiting for Anthem instead of just play Warframe which is always was free to play.

Yeah you're blowing this small part of the game way out of proportions for no reason at all. The majority likes it/ don't care because they knew what would be coming same as with zaws.

My problem is that they simply look even more rusted and weathered in their gilded state than their ungilded state. It's at the point where I actually love the color mapping on the ungilded and despise the color mapping on gilded. Ungilded looks so clean and finished in comparison and really fits the Corpus aesthetic while mixing the with hints of slapdash scavenged construction... But the splotches on gilded weps make them look less like gilded weapons in my opinion.

On 2018-11-12 at 10:09 PM, Acersecomic said:

Fun fact, farmers weren't allowed to own weapons so they made uncool looking ones that looks like farming tools.

Tell me one thing plis: do you like this weapon design or not? Not the story behind this, just how it looks. Do you think this weapon looks better than other “normal” weapon in the game? Do you want to prime weapon look like this?

I like the way they look, it's a different aesthetic from our other weapons and they fit their making, after all they are literally made out of scraps by people who have limited knowledge on weapon crafting. I wouldn't want the kitguns to look like they were made by the Orokin because that wouldn't make sense.

No one, not even the Tenno have been able to fully reinvent Orokin gear, you can't seriously expect some debt-slaves to do it so please don't try to compare them to prime weapons("would you like primes to look like kitguns?").

We can't have the Solaris making cool, elegant looking guns just because you think it'd be more attractive.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TheRealShade:

I like the way they look, it's a different aesthetic from our other weapons and they fit their making, after all they are literally made out of scraps by people who have limited knowledge on weapon crafting. I wouldn't want the kitguns to look like they were made by the Orokin because that wouldn't make sense.

No one, not even the Tenno have been able to fully reinvent Orokin gear, you can't seriously expect some debt-slaves to do it so please don't try to compare them to prime weapons("would you like primes to look like kitguns?").

We can't have the Solaris making cool, elegant looking guns just because you think it'd be more attractive.

The only problem I have with that is that both, the ugly Zaws and the not quite as ugly Kitguns, are outshining your normal gear while being tinkered from scrap and animal parts.

I wouldn't mind however, if the gilded versions added some distinct, refined Tenno/Orokin flavor and would not just be reskinned versions of those pipe guns. Wouldn't it be cool if you could actually see why these homemade guns and blades can be turned into some superior weaponry?

On 2018-11-11 at 7:10 PM, Fallosssss said:

Thx for Fortuna update, it is awesome. But kitguns on my taste looks exstremely uncool.

For shooter game guns is everithing. That is why games like Destiny 2 or Call of Duty will be always on one step ahead.

I know, you can make awesome looking guns but you dont want for some reason.

You have many fanboys, which will tell me that this design is cool, but this is people who stayed in Warframe. How much people could not understand that design? My friend, for example, went to Destiny from Warframe for this reason 3 years ago. He even bought Xbox for that.

Is Warframe has original design? Sure.

Is this design are competitive advantage for that game? Of course not.

Just open Artstation and look on trends section. You will see there what people actually want to have as weapon.

I played about 3000 hours and for me this original design always was disadvantage number one for this game.

While I agree with some of ur point, calling people fanboys and saying they can make awesome looking records but don't want to ruins an ultimately valid point you raised. Regarding the comparison with Destiny, sure they have nice looking weapons but how many unique weapons do they actually have? Burst rifles, scout rifles etc are effectively the same gun with slight variations to damage, firerate etc. There is far more uniqueness in terms of overall weapons in Warframe. 

I do agree that the style in general could be improved, weapons, enemies and even Warframes.

17 hours ago, Fallosssss said:

Tell me one thing plis: do you like this weapon design or not? Not the story behind this, just how it looks. Do you think this weapon looks better than other “normal” weapon in the game? Do you want to prime weapon look like this?

It could be better in our heads but it is not what we got. I would like them to look better but they look like scrap guns which they are. They did not come out of a tenno workshop.

Kitguns look some better and some worse  than some "normal" weapons. There is always left and right and all the points between and beyond them.

Prime weapons cannot look like these because Prime weapons have an ornamental and ceremonial look to them due to Orokin's nature and their godlike presentation and power. Just look at the Amarr from EVE Online compared to other nations.

All of the above applies to Zaws as well.

Do not mix eggs and tomatoes.

Edited by Acersecomic

3 hours ago, Toran said:

The only problem I have with that is that both, the ugly Zaws and the not quite as ugly Kitguns, are outshining your normal gear while being tinkered from scrap and animal parts.

I wouldn't mind however, if the gilded versions added some distinct, refined Tenno/Orokin flavor and would not just be reskinned versions of those pipe guns. Wouldn't it be cool if you could actually see why these homemade guns and blades can be turned into some superior weaponry?

This I agree with completely. I truly wonder how does a street forged blade duct taped to a stick hold up better than a finely tuned instrument of war made by perfectionist with superior and now lost technology.

I am on mobile so I can't copy/paste this so sorry for double post.

Edited by Acersecomic

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎13 at 10:10 PM, Fallosssss said:

A prime weapon? Duh, no. Primes have their own aesthetic.

But I do like the weapon designs, as I've said before. They evoke the appearance of classic Star Wars weaponry to me.

I like the look except of the grips that put the ammo clip on the back (topside) of the gun. Looks ugly. It woud like it more if you could add the three parts (grip-body-barrel) as something that you could rotate so the barrel could come out the side, kind of like how you'd build guns in Mothergunship.

When a game has stapler-looking ships, enemies that wear shoe box on their head, a turkey looking warframe and another with a crabhead from half-life etc etc etc... I have come to terms that being weird is what they are trying to achieve.