The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i caught an interesting specimen !

DeathGold

im more upset because there are only female and male gendered animals , maybe some of them dont identify as binary genders the hunting is literally unplayable for me because i get so tirgered by this society we live in binary gendering animals that dont even belong in our society cmon DE its the current year.

Edited by 3RRORX2

31 minutes ago, 3RRORX2 said:

im more upset because there are only female and male gendered animals , maybe some of them dont identify as binary genders the hunting is literally unplayable for me because i get so tirgered by this society we live in binary gendering animals that dont even belong in our society cmon DE its the current year.

Biologically there is only male and female. Or in extremely rare cases - hermaphrodite.

The whole concept of gender neutrality / third gender / identifying as an Apache attack helicopter, is simply a human psychological condition, suffered by those unable to decide which gender they want to be...or even deciding they don't want to have any gender at all.

Frankly its as ridiculous as concepts like Free Love, World Peace and rule by anarchy.

You can decide all you want that you don't want to be male or female, but as long as you have the relevant body parts, you are either one or the other (or in some cases, possibly both).

Edited by FlusteredFerret

7 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Biologically there is only male and female. Or in extremely rare cases - hermaphrodite.

The whole concept of gender neutrality / third gender / identifying as an Apache attack helicopter, is simply a human psychological condition, suffered by those unable to decide which gender they want to be...or even deciding they don't want to have any gender at all.

Frankly its as ridiculous as concepts like Free Love, World Peace and rule by anarchy.

You can decide all you want that you don't want to be male or female, but as long as you have the relevant body parts, you are either one or the other (or in some cases, possibly both).

i find your response quite disturbing the fact that you dare to bring up human psychology in this and not being able to recognize that i'm just taking the piss m8 lmao

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uhhhhhhhhhh.... No. You can get "true hemaphtoditic" humans, they're a thing. Not terribly common, but still a thing. 

I think they where going for creatures in the animal kingdom who's default state was hermaphroditic, generally lower order life. Worms, snails, some shellfish etc, no vertebrate life springs to mind (tho it is quite possible that it exists) where the default state is hermaphroditic. You can probably find aberrant hermaphrodites amongst all species but In most higher order life being a hermaphrodite is the result of a generally non beneficial mutation. 

Edit:

Fun fact kinda remembered reading something about a frog that would change sexes depending on environmental situations and frogs being vertebrates I decided to look it up cause the subject is actually kinda interesting. Apparently there are a class of Sequential hermaphrodites among vertebrate species. Tho they only function as one or the other at any given time. 

*cue the more you know jingle* 

Edited by Oreades

2 hours ago, 3RRORX2 said:

You could always to watch those gay lions in some zoo if that is what you are into.

2 hours ago, 3RRORX2 said:

i find your response quite disturbing the fact that you dare to bring up human psychology in this and not being able to recognize that i'm just taking the piss m8 lmao

Well for one thing humour and/or sarcasm don't always translate well via text...especially when you forget to use sarcasm tags [/s]. 

Also, I find your response quite disturbing, since I was essentially agreeing with you... 

Edited by FlusteredFerret

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

I think they where going for creatures in the animal kingdom who's default state was hermaphroditic, generally lower order life. Worms, snails, some shellfish etc, no vertebrate life springs to mind (tho it is quite possible that it exists) where the default state is hermaphroditic. You can probably find aberrant hermaphrodites amongst all species but In most higher order life being a hermaphrodite is the result of a generally non beneficial mutation. 

Edit:

Fun fact kinda remembered reading something about a frog that would change sexes depending on environmental situations and frogs being vertebrates I decided to look it up cause the subject is actually kinda interesting. Apparently there are a class of Sequential hermaphrodites among vertebrate species. Tho they only function as one or the other at any given time. 

*cue the more you know jingle* 

There are fish that you do that as well. And if we're only talking about genitals which will be formed and a very limited span of time for the change to occur, then human embryos do it as well. 

It becomes an issue in sports fairly often these days, and several people have had to defend the fact that they were born and lived as females for their entire lives despite having an XY combination in their cells. 

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

*cue the Jurassic Park Theme

FTFY

Spoiler

4 hours ago, 3RRORX2 said:

Are you familiar with Poe's Law? Our forums are quietly infested with non-ironic similar posts.

5 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

R/whoosh