Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Discuss the Mesa prime accessory pack

Makunogo

I don't understand what's there to discuss.

It's cosmetic.

If you like it, buy it.

If not, move on.

It's subjective.

If I like the brand Nike, and one day they release an ugly arse shoe, am I going to create a forum post to "discuss about it"?

There's nothing I like about this Prime Access except for Mesa Prime. The rest of the cosmetics are quite ugly, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Bailiwick said:

APRIL FOOLS JOKE? like ima be real with you guys. The Prime access here looks lazy, OPERATOR HEADGEAR?! u already gave us that for Ducats and plat were good, but i WILL take a syanda or maybe a new color palette, one that has sparkles? 

anyways im not mad or anything but this is a bit ridiculous. also, miss me with Sugatra. thats not exactly the most 'relevant' decorative item players have right now. i mean if we need to take another poll or something during the next Devstream then ill be there but i dont think these items are a good idea, or at least not a 79$ idea.....guys help me out 

No it isn't an April Fools Joke. Using that wasn't clever either. Just makes you look like a mainstream media vacuum that's just regurgitating what it's sucked up. 

Don't like the items? Don't buy it. But don't call the devs' work on Warframe a joke. There's many people who actually wanted Operator accessories as Tennogen. The devs give their take on some Prime Operator accessories and now it's a joke? That's pretty asinine logic if you ask me.

But hey, you do you.

8 hours ago, Paracosmer said:

dude just because I have he ability to not buy it , does not make this product good or subjective , I swear to god if you guys saw them in tennogen page and I asked you your verdict 

on they're quality , you will give you them 1 out of 10 at best , alteast when you compare them with what is there , DE have the ability to make totally new module unlike the tennogen guys

but look at what we get here , and its priced 50$ god damn .

I'm not saying the product is objectively "good", I'm saying it's up to taste, which it is because there's no such thing as objective fashion. If you DIDN'T have the ability to not buy it then there'd be an issue, but a cosmetic product that you've chosen not to buy has no effect on you at all.

Personally if i saw it in Tennogen I wouldn't get it, but that's because I currently have a good setup with my Operator fashion, I wouldn't buy any other Operator Tennogen either. That's just my opinion though, because as I've said so many times now: Fashion. Is. Subjective. There are people who love it and people (eg you) who hate it. That's the way it is.

The only case where the $50 price tag affects you is if you want to buy it. You don't want to buy it primarily because you don't like the look of it, so the price tag is irrelevant to you.

The accessories are not bad, but putting them all together with nothing else feels a bit weird. Especially if you consider the price those extra items cost.

I feel like they should have either gave us the operator stuff with something else from the sugatra, or vice versa. Overall tho the stuff looks nice, just doesn´t seem very worth it. 

Even tho, being honest, after i scrolled through some tennogen stuff those prime accessories feel cheap. :s

Edited by Lelinyth

7 hours ago, Paracosmer said:

I am begin childish by trying to spend my money wisely... okay

and how many times do I need to explain this ? theres nothing subjective there ! god damn it look at them and compare them with the tennogen and the in game stuff , they're bad

ugly and low quality, so much that not a single die hard partner youtuber is praising or endorsing them .

Literally everything about your original post is subjective. How come you don't get it?

I understand you might not like the accessories pack, but being a jerk about it is not okay.

11 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

that's the thing about cosmetics; everyone's different, and some people might be going wild for these accessories, others not so much. personally I'm not bothered about them and Mesa Prime + Redeemer Prime is all I really care about. we got those, so IMO DE gets a pass for this operator stuff. 

I’m able to see both sides, here.  Let me preface my response by saying I loved previous Operator Prime Accessories.

Give DE a pass or don’t, but the majority of those who care about this to the point that it influences our decision to purchase or not...we are disappointed.

Accessories isn’t for everyone but exclusive cosmetics, despite what “ISN’T” being paid for...really IS the sizzle that many of us pay for with the plat/boosters that make the gameplay how DE wants it if money weren’t an issue.

I don’t buy PRIME ACCESS because I actually want to interact and play with the community and obtain those items with GAMEPLAY vs buying content.

This offering was an expensive cut of steak served small and Luke warm.  There is no sizzle selling the “plat/booster” steak which is going to turn off vets.  

I’m surprised DE didn’t do more given the Q4 numbers being a great way to set up next year’s budget.

Finally, I’d have been more focused on Mesa’s theme with Operator Facial cosmetics.  

War Paint, Tattoos, and exclusive hair styles would have been better received over what is being offered.

Fin

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

11 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Comparing something made by people with no budget, time restrictions or anything else on their plate to DE employees who have a budget, a given amount of time to get something done and tons of other things they also have to work on is disingenuous.

Why did this need another thread?

That's not what you are paying $50 for.

You mean like comparing something made by professionals who get paid to do the said thing to non professionals is disingenous ? Yes I totally agree. 

De's product should be uncomparably better than tennogen, especially when you consider the price tag. Otherwise it is just robbery.

11 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

That's the thing about cosmetics; everyone's different, and some people might be going wild for these accessories, others not so much. personally I'm not bothered about them and Mesa Prime + Redeemer Prime is all I really care about. we got those, so IMO DE gets a pass for this operator stuff. 

They are sold seperately.

Edited by White_Matter

Someone who likes Operators, always farms prime frames and bought a couple of packs with suits for space kids is here. With a subjective opinion.

Accessories do look interesting, but they are not worth it. 

I do not see my Operator as often as my frame. I can use frame cosmetics on many frames, mix and match them. Operator cosmetics? Operator only.

Even if I would want to turn my Tenno into an Orokin wannabe, Tennogen offers similar items for lower prices.

Sugatra: small, physics are weird. With the incredible amount of details most Prime frames have (and thats without taking armor sets and Syandanas into account), yet another gold dangling bit will be like a coffee bean on top of the chocolate cake with rich chocolate cream and chocolate frosting. Served with a huge cup of hot chocolate - one you can eat with a spoon. Oh and usually I have to hide my melee weapons if I use a Syandana.

Boosters are nice. Not sure if they worth it. I am not interested.

To be fair, for me, Prime accessories packs always have been a way to say once or two times a year: “Hey, love the game, I saved some cash to vote with my wallet, keep it up.” Still... since I done it with Chroma accessories, I will probably pass on this one. Of course, if my space kid will get a new animation set with them, and float like Titania, I may reconsider.

Edited by rand0mname

What is my opinion about this issue?

DE advocated the great popularity of MESA as a frame and if that certainly gave a good look to the frame itself.

But concerning the accessories it was a bit unclear that he did not give due importance, because maybe he thought that mercadologically was passing a bulge through the tunnel, I mean that to the fact of wanting to give something of low quality and meaning with something very expected .

Compare the case of Zephyr PRIME access, the operator accessory was a complete armor, a complete armor for the kavat, a skin for the kavat. Why? because the popularity of zephyr is below that of MESA prime.

The TENNOGEN store has in its merchandise a complete set of masks for operators with a good look for less than $ 7.

latest?cb=20151210181229K0SvtqM.png

I think it was a low movement of DE to have offered that very poor package, for me it is a lack of respect and consideration to the fans in general that we wait all year for the time of MESA PRIME.

When you get a full set of armor and accessories that you can use in all you frames you gladly pay the cost if you liked. But with Operator set you can only use on Operator Itself. And lest be clear on this, most of the people only see operator for like 1 sec for void dash and waiting for Tridolon out of cetus gate.

In fact they should pay us to use those horrible and ugly masks called prime, and I think I would not even use them. for the 1st time nobody will care if they vault those accessories the 1st day.

maybe The mask have some effect when you are channeling.....oh wait.... 

Edited by xcenic

Why do people keep on making and making new topics about this? I think DE got the point that we don't like PA accessories (although I saw some people here and there who will buy them because they like them). Was it bad move from DE? I think yes if you compare it to some other PA bundles in the past (I bought full PA once, Zephyr prime, because of full Operator outfit, this time I will not do it because  I don't like it).

But why such over dramatic fuss about it with 10s of new topics every day about it? I would understand the outrage if it was only one bundle and would be tied to Mesa prime, but it isn't, everything in broken down to different bundles and just buy what you want or if you want to prove a point to DE - don't buy ANY pack. If you want to make a point to a company, don't do it in their forums, do it to their wallets and don't buy any pack. If you go to supermarket and see something not worth its money you don't go to stores manager and complain how that product is not worth it's money and it's cash grab and ask to replace, no, you simply don't buy it and go to another section, same here - don't buy it and DE will see how much money they missed out on Christmas season PA.

I also feel a bit sad that this whole outrage in forums overshadows Mesa Prime and Redeemer Prime about which I am really hyped about 😞 

10 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

Then they should do that in the megathread, and offer actual feedback, not “we can buy them with ducats”. They can’t dutch out an armor set and syndanas every time, they’ll have to vary eventually

they have to vary giving out the lowest effort any of us ever seen in a Prime Access? Wow, such creativty. :clap:

1 hour ago, Paracosmer said:

-snip-

First up, please don't separate every sentence of your response onto separate lines when it's that big, it just makes it annoying to scroll through the thread and at that level it actually detracts from readability.

At this point it seems like you are cursed with the inability to understand the meaning of "subjective", so I don't want to elaborate on that other than by saying "read everyone else's comments carefully explaining subjectivity to you". 

Your cafe analogy doesn't work in your favour. You just explained how everyone has different tastes and how taste shouldn't be restricted to the majority, but then you said "but DE should always be appealing to the majority".

Aside from the fact that everyone has different tastes and nobody is going to like every single PA no matter what, DE frequently makes PA stuff for cosmetic types that didn't have any PA previously. There's Prime Sentinel armour, Prime Operator suits, Prime Liset, Prime Pet armour, Prime Sigils, most cosmetic options at this point have at least one or two Prime options, and a good portion of these Prime options still stand above most other items in their category. And people clearly still buy Prime Accessories packs consistently, because they haven't seriously changed their formula in years (such as including big boosters).

This is better than just getting armour + syandana every single time, because within a few rotations you'd have more of those things than you could possibly use. Would you want to spend $50 on a set of armour when the next rotation will probably bring a better one, and after the last 3 PA rotations have already brought armour sets as well? If you had that many sets of armour and syandanas, on top of all of the non-prime ones you might have, would you really feel compelled to spend $50 on more? Market saturation can be incredibly dangerous, just look at Call of Duty these days.

1 hour ago, spyroxion said:

Why do people keep on making and making new topics about this? I think DE got the point that we don't like PA accessories (although I saw some people here and there who will buy them because they like them). Was it bad move from DE? I think yes if you compare it to some other PA bundles in the past (I bought full PA once, Zephyr prime, because of full Operator outfit, this time I will not do it because  I don't like it).

But why such over dramatic fuss about it with 10s of new topics every day about it? I would understand the outrage if it was only one bundle and would be tied to Mesa prime, but it isn't, everything in broken down to different bundles and just buy what you want or if you want to prove a point to DE - don't buy ANY pack. If you want to make a point to a company, don't do it in their forums, do it to their wallets and don't buy any pack. If you go to supermarket and see something not worth its money you don't go to stores manager and complain how that product is not worth it's money and it's cash grab and ask to replace, no, you simply don't buy it and go to another section, same here - don't buy it and DE will see how much money they missed out on Christmas season PA.

I also feel a bit sad that this whole outrage in forums overshadows Mesa Prime and Redeemer Prime about which I am really hyped about 😞 

And you can clearly pass by this kind of thread and totally ignore them and lest people discuss what we want on this pseudo open forum. 

1 hour ago, spyroxion said:

Why do people keep on making and making new topics about this? I think DE got the point that we don't like PA accessories

But why such over dramatic fuss about it with 10s of new topics every day about it? 😞

Because they are offering low effort items for the whopping price of 50US$, how hard is it to get?

PA accessories were already expensive given the price and the fact we would usually get a syandana and an armor set, but that operator facial customization coupled with a S#&$ty sugatra for fifty bucks is simply ridiculous.

Seriously, how long or how hard do you think it took to make that sugatra? People like paying for things that are exclusive and took time and effort, and this PAA is the complete opposite of that.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Clockwork Geoff said:

Exactly, this is how I always see this.

PC players do not have the luxury of seeing it as "paying for plat + boosters" given we don't actually get plat.

And with the new login rewards and login boosters that last over a day... I think demand for boosters has dropped, somewhat. Especially when older players don't really need them in the first place.

I can understand and even agree with the complaints, from a value for money perspective, this isn't it. It's all well and good saying "don't buy it if you don't like it", but seeing this I personally believe that it's... a bit of a rip-off, for longer term players anyway, because it's a step down from what we've gotten previously. And that sort of thing does deserve feedback, as opposed to simply not buying.

Don't know if I care enough to get involved in the megathread, although I probably will, but at the very least we've all gotta chill.

3 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

Because they are offering low effort items for the whopping price of 50US$, how hard is it to get?

PA accessories were already expensive given the price and the fact we would usually get a syandana and an armor set, but that operator facial customization coupled with a S#&$ty sugatra for fifty bucks is simply ridiculous.

Seriously, how long or how hard do you think it took to make that sugatra? People like paying for things that are exclusive and took time and effort, and this PAA is the complete opposite of that.

you can pre order full anthem with "Anthem-Legion of Dawn Edition" packed with 4 sick skin. 

I think it's good that this threads keep poping up. Maybe it will make DE change their mind and change accessories to one of prime armors + syandana instead of this. In past DE many times changed something based on community feedback/backlash so it's better to overshown our opinion and hope for something to change than be silent and accept that we are little bit disrespected here (at least our money are).

I think DE you should change that accessory pack. You still have couple of days. I see prime armor + something else than that little Sugatra and it's insta buy from me. But with current PA I have to pass because it's simply not worth it and I feel like I am ripped off here. I stopped using Sugatras mainly because I can't even see them anyway, so what's the point of paying premium price for it's "prime" version. 

Edited by Marakai

3 minutes ago, xcenic said:

And you can clearly pass by this kind of thread and totally ignore them and lest people discuss what we want on this pseudo open forum. 

Well it's hard to pass when every day there is more and more of them (and seems like some of them getting deleted) while there is main one in announcement section.

1 minute ago, Nitro747 said:

It's not hard to get, but point is you didn't even read my post properly, neither xcenic did. 

What I was saying, and will say again, just don't buy them. That's how you will get your point across, not when players fight between each other in forums while developers count their profit. 

DE already got the point that majority of people are not happy about current PA from their own topic alone in the announcement section. Everything else that's being "discussed"  in general discussion is mainly players arguing vs players while players should be going against it as a one.

And as @YUNoJump said, if every single time there would be same parts every single rotation, at the end of the day people would stop buying them because they have too many already (but that doesn't excuse quality).

Seriously, it seems like people here tend to get so narrowminded that they don't even read "opposing" posts properly and just attacks the person while he actually agrees with general idea of the topic.

And I will say again, so it wouldn't get overlooked again, hurt their wallets, not their forums. I've played mmorpg games for many many years and I've witnessed my self couple of times that players were able to get message clearly across by not buying something big as an entire community and when their wallets got hit like a truck - things got handled.

17 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

PC players do not have the luxury of seeing it as "paying for plat + boosters" given we don't actually get plat.

And with the new login rewards and login boosters that last over a day... I think demand for boosters has dropped, somewhat. Especially when older players don't really need them in the first place.

I can understand and even agree with the complaints, from a value for money perspective, this isn't it. It's all well and good saying "don't buy it if you don't like it", but seeing this I personally believe that it's... a bit of a rip-off, for longer term players anyway, because it's a step down from what we've gotten previously. And that sort of thing does deserve feedback, as opposed to simply not buying.

Don't know if I care enough to get involved in the megathread, although I probably will, but at the very least we've all gotta chill.

See, I can understand people being disappointed, and it's a perfectly valid view, it took a moment for the cosmetics to grow on me, but what gets me is all the guys going into the hysterics saying "DE has hit a new low" or the redundant "it's a slap to the face".

Just now, Atsia said:

See, I can understand people being disappointed, and it's a perfectly valid view, it took a moment for the cosmetics to grow on me, but what gets me is all the guys going into the hysterics saying "DE has hit a new low" or the redundant "it's a slap to the face".

Oh I know, that's why I included the "we've all". I think there's overreactions (or under-reactions, even) on both sides, personally.

11 hours ago, Paracosmer said:

already cemented my wallet toward this accessory pack don't worry , and I am not alone on this, but I am spreading the word far and wide so people don't get scammed like this 

and if you don't see a problem of DE putting 50$ price tag on an items you can buy for 1$ each and have better designs and looks and they're already in the game (the irony)

then I don't know where to start .

For $60 console gets about 1365plat, literally the the entire value already. 

90 day Affinity and credit boosters valued at 1200plat.

Cosmetics for free. 

Unfortunately you do need to spend more on PC but the biggest bundles is a stupid low discount, with some fun little goodies. 

It's also hard to determine cosmetics from one picture. Unfortunately tennogen isn't going to mix well with my previous golden Tenno suit. 

As for sugatras...  I think the only one that is even noticeable on other players while hacking down enemies is Pyra sugatra from void trader... A little flame is noticed but not these little taila.. But as a personal preference I still enjoy prime ones.