Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.4

[DE]Megan

Regarding cutscenes...
Put them in the codex, give an option for talking to Eudico to replay them and others, add a vote to skip option, reduce the grind it takes to get certain items and balance it to not get repeat items unless you select... Oh wait that last ones wishful thinking 😉

Wasting time out of your dayu grinding repeatedly is a Warframe staple, but having to sit through an unskippable cutscene you have seen 20 times is just horrible math. If someone wants to see it for themselves they can start a mission, watch the cutscene, then leave and join multiplayer right after. 

12 minutes ago, Elanair said:

Thank you! Although I must ask if the Crisma Toroid is been worked on, I did two missions with a team and none of us got the Crisma Toroid after defeating the Profit-Taker.

You have to pick it up after the spoder explodes.

itzal works.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

(...)

• You can now skip the Profit-Taker Bounty cutscenes. 
    • There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!

I did a bit of search and found nothing on "cutscenes & skipping causing toxicity". Mind posting some links?

While I understand the worth of the content in cutscenes, Warframe design sadly relies HEAVILY on repetition. And because of that, cutscene skipping is a problem that Digital Extremes have to deal by their OWN design. And it's not like there is an in-game option to just "disable watched cutscenes" to also avoid turning skipping into a compulsive action. This might be what relates to the toxicity? "I'm p*ss*d because I have to watch this all the time, so I'll be an *ss to people to vent frustration"? If it is, the problem is being addressed the wrong way.

Disabling cutscene skipping for first-time watching cutscenes is a good behavior, but forcing players to re-watch content is not.

Gerade eben schrieb Calas:

Regarding cutscenes...
Put them in the codex, give an option for talking to Eudico to replay them and others, add a vote to skip option, reduce the grind it takes to get certain items and balance it to not get repeat items unless you select... Oh wait that last ones wishful thinking 😉

Wasting time out of your dayu grinding repeatedly is a Warframe staple, but having to sit through an unskippable cutscene you have seen 20 times is just horrible math. If someone wants to see it for themselves they can start a mission, watch the cutscene, then leave and join multiplayer right after. 

Agreed.

Nowadays, making all the cutscenes is the industry standard. And is ESPECIALLY expected when you are playing a grind like this, where you don't want to be forced to watch a boring cutscene over and over again.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!

Guys you can unabled skipping cutscene for this peeps who didnt completed profit bounties for first time, but enabled for other peeps whos finished that.

13 minutes ago, -TSA-raku said:

What a ridiculous excuse, anyone who has played the mission 3x, quickly realized that the cutcenes are just bad and annoying.
 But what am I talking, everyone plays the game at DE and the Q & A team is the best you can find. 

what QA Team? do you really think they test the game? why do you think they have us?

Please buff arch guns. They don't currently feel like an "oh dang I'm out gunned, but I've got a trump card" weapon. It's more effective to just use standard weapons. Make them feel powerful by giving them punch through, or gib bodies. The ability will be unused in a month outside of OV if something is not done about how weak these heavy weapons feel. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Fiend_Herd:

Thats nice and all but how about heavy ammo on other tilesets like Uranus?

Also, couldn't the cooldown be lowered to like, 2 minutes or something? just asking

My thoughts exactly lol

It's not like archguns are stronger than existing primaries anyway, so why bother introducing such a stupid mechanic in the first place? If you ask me, it would have been perfectly fine to just copypasta the space arch-guns onto ground and let people equip them with their loadout, but be unable to equip melee/secondaries and get the hobbled dragon key effect in exchange for a gun with unlimited ammo...

So...a few things that need touching up on:

• heavy weapons are still tied to warframe loadouts, not vehicle loadouts.
  • clunky gear wheel still needs INSERT and SWAP
  • Tranq gun sucks. make the damn thing silent and hitscan.
  • fortuna mining laser is superior, and takes much less effort than the other 3 to obtain.
  • Titania's tribute has lousy range still, and some of the effects use worthless mechanics (damage reflect, lookin at you specifically)

and to the guy wanting archguns to be secondaries: dream on. If anything, they would be primaries.

just make it so the cutscene is unskippable if its your first time watching it.. Or until you succesfully kill the orb.  That way the first viewing experience isnt ruined and you know for a fact that its someones first time doing the encounter in your party if the cutscene is unskippable for you. 

seems simple enough. 

30 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

You can now skip the Profit-Taker Bounty cutscenes. 

• There was much debate before launch about how to treat these - there have been cases of 'cutscenes & skipping' causing toxicity in other games and communities, which is something we wanted to avoid. We are going to find a way to quickly enable skipping, and put our hope in the positivity of the Tenno that there won't be disrespect toward players who want to watch the Cutscenes for the first time in the event people matchmake together!

If you guys are worried about this that much why not just add the bounties to Eudico that is sitting infront under a Profit-Taker options when you talk to her. And have that initiate the bounty without the cutscenes.

DE
There is the option to make arch gun lovers happy::satisfied:

• You can use arch gun like other weapons but! you need sacrifice your secondary weapon slot and you get a slower moving speed penalty.
28 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Arch-Gun Deployer cooldown has been reduced to 5 minutes instead of 10.

And NO this not fix anything !:scared:

Pls DE we wanted it sooo much to use them they are not overpowered not even strong but soooo fun to use.
If i have to wish thats my wish for warframe 
om mani padme hum stardust!

You know why i'm so happy with the skippable cutscenes? I had to watch a 3-5 minute cutscene (the one that you get to see right before phase 1 of the profit taker bounty) 5 times, because I had to replay the mission due to unlucky fishing bugs and host migrations. So i'm thankful for that. 

For real though, please adress the K-drive visual glitch concerning the engines and the jets being to far up the board. Once you see it you can't un-see it. 

Archived