Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got banned for chatting with a bot!

MinorThreat23

4 minutes ago, MinorThreat23 said:

I give DE my money and they ban me with no warning and no good reason

This is a temporary ban and is a warning in itself. Being temporarily banned is a warning that you shouldn't do it again. Please don't give us that "no warning".

Also, "no reason"? The bot will suspend your use of the chat for using forbidden words. The bot isn't smart enough to know to whom you are saying those words. It just knows that it has to ban you if you use them. That is reason enough for the bot to ban you.

Is the bot actually quite stupid? Yes. Will you improve the bot by sending it insults? No, you'll actually get a ban.

Your temporary suspension will be lifted in a couple of days and consider yourself warned not to repeat this... eh... fun exercise.

8 minutes ago, MinorThreat23 said:

I got banned yesterday for telling the bot f u. I give DE my money and they ban me with no warning and no good reason, for talking to a freaking bot! How long will this ban be, this severely limits the game for me, I need to trade! 

Sometimes one of the Devs is in control of the Bot, maybe tewaking it or just strolling with it.

That punishement is the same as if you told a Dev the "f u".

Did you also know? If you send such thing to another player they can report you and get you banned too, the only difference is that it would take a while because support would have to investigate the chat logs. Doing so with the Bot or a Mod or a Dev just has an immediate response instead of delayed one.

• Like 2

vor 9 Minuten schrieb MinorThreat23:

I got banned yesterday for telling the bot f u. I give DE my money and they ban me with no warning and no good reason, for talking to a freaking bot! How long will this ban be, this severely limits the game for me, I need to trade! 

Deal with it.

You should think about what you do before you do it. 

Your monetary investment is irrelevant to the consequences of breaking the rules. It has been stated countless times: swearing at [DE]Kickbot is tantamount to swearing at a DE staff member and results in a temporary suspension from the chat service. Wait your week out and don't do it again. You won't be banned if you follow the rules.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Your monetary investment is irrelevant to the consequences of breaking the rules. It has been stated countless times: Swearing at [DE]Kickbot is tantamount to swearing at a DE staff member and thus results in a temporary suspension from the chat service. Wait your week out and don't do it again. You won't be banned if you follow the rules.

Except it's not staff, it's just a bot. I guess the kickbot has started to develop feelings and emotions and I guess I hurt them. The fact that I get no warning either makes me even more mad.

Edited by MinorThreat23

13 minutes ago, MinorThreat23 said:

Except it's not staff, it's just a bot. I guess the kickbot has started to develop feelings and emotions and I guess I hurt them. The fact that I get no warning either makes me even more mad.

The bot is a link to a DE staff member, the bot does act on his own and doesn't have a profile, but can be used to transmit information if the staff desires.

You essentially insulted a staff member, just because the bot doesn't usually speak it doesn't mean it doesn't have a person behind it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

The bot is a link to a DE staff member, the bot does act on his own and doesn't have a profile, but can be used to transmit information if the staff desires.

You essentially insulted a staff member, just because the bot doesn't usually speak it doesn't mean it doesn't have a person behind it.

It banned me instantly, so I highly doubt that.

19 minutes ago, MinorThreat23 said:

The bot is regularly monitored by serious staff members. Warnings do not grant common sense.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

Just now, MinorThreat23 said:

It banned me instantly, so I highly doubt that.

The bot is programed to ban any vulgar and unwanted chat, even when a person isn't using it atm.

Stop trying to find excuses for poor behavior, learn it ASAP so that the next time the situation doesn't repeat. Do not flame or insult anyone, including bots, automated messages, players, staff members,.....

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, kuchn said:

well
seems you got hit by something i call digital darwinism
....and to accomplish that within the warframe world is remarkable indeed

This is the first step. A.I. developing emotions and becoming independent of humans. We need to be ready for the end of humankind.

The chat bot is regularly patrolled by DE staff. Sending disrespectful, insulting or rude messages to the chat bot is tantamount to sending such messages to DE staff members.

As a result, your chatting privileges have been suspended for 7 days. Use the time to reflect upon your actions and work on improving your attitude and behavior so that when the suspension ends, you're able to act in accordance with the chat rules.

• Like 2