Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx`s absorb & Titania`s tribut improvements

(PSN)Vexx757

Titania:

·       Decrease all ability cast speed time.

1st ability:

·       Instead of them rag dolling, make them just hover in the air.

·       Killing enemies will drop a health orb. When picked up. It will send out health regeneration giving her and allies 10 health a second for 5 seconds.

Synergy: if you use the 2nd ability on an enemy affected by the 1st ability, they have a 50% chance to drop energy orb.

2nd ability:

·       All buffs will have 75% effectiveness.

·       The range of enemies affected should be in a 50m radius.

·       Thorns – the damage reflection should be 1000+ to make it useful. This can be increased by strength mods

·       Full Moon – it should also increase companion’s and butterfly’s movement speed.

·       Holding the ability should give you the option to choose what buff you want.

·       When cycling through buffs, enemies that will give you the buff will glow by her chosen energy colour for 5 seconds.

·       Enemies should get either a damage debuff or a health debuff.

·       Buffs should be absorbed into her no matter the distance.

Synergy: dust & thorns applies to 4th ability butterflies.

3rd ability:

·       Each enemy affected will increase the range by 2m to a cap of 10m.

·       The enemy affected will stay stationary in the air.

·       You can shoot at affected enemy loading status damage into it depending on what mods you have on your weapons. The butterflies and the explosion will release the damage. Visually loading fire damage will show the butterflies and enemies on fire and will show an fire explosion.

4th ability:

·       While using 4th ability, make the other ability cost half the energy.

·       Get rid of zero gravity. When you stop, she stops instead of it keep on moving, it’s very annoying. (include this in archwing)

·       When it comes to movement, she should move as smoothly as it she was on the ground or better.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw somewhere that DE were going to take a second look at Nyx`s absorb and Titania`s tribute. Here is what I would like to see from the two abilities.

Nyx

4th ability:

•                Make it move at the same speed as jogging or bullet jumping.

•                It pulls aggro from enemies and are hermitized into moving closer to nyx in a 50m radius however any ally that goes near them will break their trance.

•                You can use weapons inside it to add status effects to the absorption damage, but you can`t shoot enemies through it, adding status effects will also includes melee weapons. 

•                Whatever enemy is shooting at nyx will be affected by the explosion no matter the distance. Enemies in close damage range will take damage and enemies outside that will receive a    knockdown and the status affects from weapons.

•                (Synergy) You can cast other abilities while using 4th ability.

•                (Synergy) If you use the 2nd ability, when deactivating the 4th ability, the debuff will spread to enemies the survive the blast.

Titania

2nd ability:

•                All buffs will have 75% effectiveness.

•                The range of enemies affected should be in a 50m radius for all buffs.

•                Thorns – the damage reflection should be 1000+ to make it useful. This can be increased by strength mods

•                Full Moon – it should also increase companion’s and butterfly’s movement speed.

•                Holding the ability should give you the option to choose what buff you want.

•                When cycling through buffs, enemies that will give you the buff will glow by her chosen energy colour for 5 seconds.

•                After the enemy is hit by this they should get either a damage debuff or a health debuff.

•                Buffs should be absorbed into her no matter the distance.

•                (Synergy) Dust & thorns applies to 4th ability butterflies.

•                (Synergy) If you use the 1st ability for status immunity then use thorns, enemies shooting at you will receive a viral proc.

• 4 weeks later...

I have played Nyx to see what her re-visit was like and I was very disappointed. The movement of the mc enemy from the 1st ability is slow and the 4th ability is still bad. As a console player I’m going to give some feedback on how Nyx`s abilities can be improved. The bullet-point highlighted are what needs to be fixed.

Nyx:

Passive: If Nyx`s health is below 50%, enemies attacking her will be put to sleep.

·       Enemies will be put to sleep for three seconds.

·       There is no range limit on enemies put to sleep.

1st ability:

·       Since it’s all about controlling the enemy It should do more than just fight for you. The controlled enemy can hack alarms off for you and if there are traps around (electric trap, magnetic door barrier) it should be able to disarm them. (or add it to the 3rd ability)

·       Make it to where you can either make it stay in one spot or follow you. For it to stay you have to go over to it and interact with it but if you want it to follow you, you have to hold the ability to do so.

·       FIX: controlled enemy move way too slow, it`s worse than before and it will only attack when it`s next to her.

·       Shooting at it should also increase its movement speed.

·       The moving mechanic should act like atlas rumblers. It wonders off to kill enemies until you call it by your side or if there are no enemies left to kill.

2nd ability:

·       Make there be an indicator showing the duration of enemies affected by the debuff.

·       Make it debuff all eximus units. Sometimes it doesn’t work e.g. grinner eximus units.

·       Get rid of the 6 enemy limit and make it reusable. The 6 enemy limit is unnecessary.

·       Make it be able to damage the enemy like before. This ability is useless in low levels. At least adding damage to it gives it a use.

·       Holding the ability will strip enemies’ defences while pressing the ability will deal damage to them.

3rd ability:

·       Just to make it more useful you can make them do the idea I put on the 1st ability bulletpoint. To add to this, they could also make them fight enemies, run away in fear and lay on the ground brain dead. (there will be a percentage of each of them preforming those actions)

4th ability:

·       Make it move at the same speed as jogging.

·       It pulls aggro from enemies and are hermitized into moving closer to nyx in a 50m radius.

·       You can use weapons inside it to add status effects to the absorption damage, but you can`t shoot enemies through it. 

·       Whatever enemy is shooting at nyx will be affected by the explosion no matter the distance. Enemies in close damage range will take damage and enemies outside that will receive a knockdown and the status affects from weapons.

·       (Synergy) You can cast other abilities while using 4th ability.

·       (Synergy) If you use the 2nd ability, when deactivating the 4th ability, the debuff will spread to enemies that survive the blast.

(Me personally I would get rid of this ability and replace it with a new one)

DE you said that all feedback is important including console players, we get the changes after PC and you feel like you should not go back to the drawing board for warframe reworks/re-visits, Imo I don`t believe you take any feedback from console players. If you do truly care about console players feedback take this feedback into account and any future feedback from console players.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

She doesn't have to be a high dps frame... Not all frames need that

I agree they don't all need to be dps oriented, but if they have a dps oriented ability it should be effective.

Without useful dps, her 1 was just giving her enemy invulnerability and without useful DPS her 4 is just paying energy to pause the game. Combined with her 2, I'm enjoying her 1 aside from A.I. issues.

Her 4 (without the augment) is useless since it still takes too long to charge up enough damage to kill due to enemy scaling. I used her with 130% power strength in the +300% Nyx Arbitration and still couldn't kill most enemies with her post-rework 4. I'd really rather just be able to charge up the damage myself at the cost of additional energy honestly.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

·       Whatever enemy is shooting at nyx will be affected by the explosion no matter the distance.

I do like this idea. If they don't change the way the damage is calculated then I would want it to still deal full damage on those targets that attacked her, but if they improve the damage I don't mind it being just cc on those targets outside the damage range.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Passive: If Nyx`s health is below 50%, enemies attacking her will be put to sleep.

·       Enemies will be put to sleep for three seconds.

·       There is no range limit on enemies put to sleep.

What a stupidly overpowered passive. 15m range max and we're good

That passive, at least as written, isn't much better than the current one. At low levels it won't matter and at high levels Nyx's paper defenses won't stop her from being mowed down in one shot. Asleep or not, Nyx is still dead. It's an interesting idea but it falls victim, like many things, to the game's bonkers scaling.

Oddly, this would also be absurdly strong if a player could maintain half health with Absorb/Assimilate.

I am glad you decided to give some feedback, though. We can add it to the mountain they already have. However, I fear that it will fall on deaf ears. Nyx is in a dire state at the moment. What was once a niche but powerful frame, is now an unsatisfying mess(personal opinion of course).

Sorry to be pessimistic but theres nothing to be gained by posting feedback here. Theres been plenty of actually good (not "moar dps, absorb isnt miasma yet") feedback threads, all ignored.

Theres two new frames and railjack on the way. They already revised this "rework" with the (bad) leashing change to mc and the (meaningless) damage changes to absorb. They did their dues to satisfy the screaming twitch hordes or whoever asked for this hot mess and now theres more important stuff to be worked on. Forums moved on too, nobody cares anymore, its not news anymore.

We got this because their metrics showed a tiny playerbase for Nyx. If youre not satisfied, dont play the frame. Maybe if theres a further drop they get back to it, if theres even resources for that tho - or if they even care to begin with and not because steve got spammed on twitter with stuff like "nyx bad moar dps" (Sometimes id actually want to know what exactly caused this "rework"). My personal opinion of course too

Ill prolly come back for railjack to play the story stuff or anything major that isnt the umptheenth ghoul alert but otherwise im done. Every other frame just bores me, none other plays like Nyx (Hit 3 and take a leisurely stroll thru all the infighting. Killing stuff?

Its not even that the frame is unplayable now, but these ill thought out changes are so obnoxious and pervasive (Used chaos, enemy still has his gun now, enemy shoots me since new evasion passive is garbo. Thanks. Used MC, enemy makes a beeline straight to me and stands next to me doin even less than with the old leashing/AI. Thanks alot. Bolts dont have the rad proc and arent spammable anymore and since im not str built since thats opposed to chaos and MC - the things Nyx is good at - and absorb isnt a damage skill but utility and USELESS FOR DAMAGE i just made the enemies green for 6 seconds. Wow! But hey id just need to sacrifice everything else and i could do corrosive projection! Thank you) playing just made me salty and i got plenty other games which dont do that.

Edited by Haldos
Edited by Moderator.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Howtoshootgun said:

Sorry to be pessimistic but theres nothing to be gained by posting feedback here. Theres been plenty of actually good (not "moar dps, absorb isnt miasma yet") feedback threads, all ignored.

Theres two new frames and railjack on the way. They already revised this "rework" with the (bad) leashing change to mc and the (meaningless) damage changes to absorb. They did their dues to satisfy the screaming twitch hordes or whoever asked for this hot mess and now theres more important stuff to be worked on. Forums moved on too, nobody cares anymore, its not news anymore.

We got this because their metrics showed a tiny playerbase for Nyx. If youre not satisfied, dont play the frame. Maybe if theres a further drop they get back to it, if theres even resources for that tho - or if they even care to begin with and not because steve got spammed on twitter with stuff like "nyx bad moar dps" (Sometimes id actually want to know what exactly caused this "rework"). My personal opinion of course too

Ill prolly come back for railjack to play the story stuff or anything major that isnt the umptheenth ghoul alert but otherwise im done. Every other frame just bores me, none other plays like Nyx (Hit 3 and take a leisurely stroll thru all the infighting. Killing stuff? Am i some sort of peasant? Bich pls).

Its not even that the frame is unplayable now, but these ill thought out changes are so obnoxious and pervasive (Used chaos, enemy still has his gun now, enemy shoots me since new evasion passive is garbo. Thanks. Used MC, enemy makes a beeline straight to me and stands next to me doin even less than with the old leashing/AI. Thanks alot. Bolts dont have the rad proc and arent spammable anymore and since im not str built since thats opposed to chaos and MC - the things Nyx is good at - and absorb isnt a damage skill but utility and USELESS FOR DAMAGE i just made the enemies green for 6 seconds. Wow! But hey id just need to sacrifice everything else and i could do corrosive projection! Thank you) playing just made me salty and i got plenty other games which dont do that.

That's why I'm attending less the Forum, I realized that it's a waste of time, it's no use asking for feedback if they do not implement it.

If I list all the ignored feedbacks it will seem like flooding.

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎14 at 6:48 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

What a stupidly overpowered passive. 15m range max and we're good

This passive gives her three seconds to escape from danger and this only affects enemies that are attacking her so no it`s not op and that's your opinion.

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 1:41 PM, Howtoshootgun said:

Ill prolly come back for railjack to play the story stuff or anything major that isnt the umptheenth ghoul alert but otherwise im done. Every other frame just bores me, none other plays like Nyx (Hit 3 and take a leisurely stroll thru all the infighting. Killing stuff? Am i some sort of peasant? Bich pls).

The prob with DE is that they don`t play their game otherwise they would know the probs with some warframes and they don't listen to ppls feedback. What`s the point of asking for feedback if they are not going to take it into account? All I want is for DE to get it right the 1st time, one of the best re-visits imo is nazha. Just let DE pabalo do the reworks, he knows what he is doing. Also there is a chance that they will listen to warframe feedback since they said on the dev that they are going to look into reworks/re-visits on frames so I'm going to continue giving feedback.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

The prob with DE is that they don`t play their game otherwise they would know the probs with some warframes and they don't listen to ppls feedback. What`s the point of asking for feedback if they are not going to take it into account? All I want is for DE to get it right the 1st time, one of the best re-visits imo is nazha. Just let DE pabalo do the reworks, he knows what he is doing. Also there is a chance that they will listen to warframe feedback since they said on the dev that they are going to look into reworks/re-visits on frames so I'm going to continue giving feedback.

Actually they never play "with" public.

They need to play around some strangers, asking them if nyx is ok or not etc.

1 hour ago, XenMaster said:

Actually they never play "with" public.

They need to play around some strangers, asking them if nyx is ok or not etc.

Right. When I get a chance to speak to ppl in-game I ask them; What frame you like, dislike then I give my ideas to make them better and we talk. Then I ask them what frame idea would you come up with? If I can do that, DE should be able to do that also.

On 2019-02-15 at 8:41 AM, Howtoshootgun said:

The sad truth...

Nyx was better pre-rework. She had a role and a purpose. It wasn't for everyone but she was strong in that role and could protect a group on her own.

She wasn't used a lot because she wasn't the meta eHP + DPS everyone has gone to. She was good CC and that's all she needed to be.

Now she's some deformed version of her former self where DE tried to force meta elements into her at the cost of her role and purpose.

• Like 1

I agree the feedback is too often ignored. It would be nice if the Design Council was consulted a lot more on reworks since the player base knows a lot more about this game than the creators.

Forums moved on too, nobody cares anymore, its not news anymore.

This, I don't agree with. The front page Warframe Feedback threads have had several posts about Nyx since her rework came out. People still care and still want her looked at.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

12 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

This, I don't agree with. The front page Warframe Feedback threads have had several posts about Nyx since her rework came out. People still care and still want her looked at.

There has been an unfortunate consistency with DE's development on frames however.

Usually if something isn't changed within the first month then it's not getting looked at again for 1+ years.

12 hours ago, Xzorn said:

There has been an unfortunate consistency with DE's development on frames however.

Usually if something isn't changed within the first month then it's not getting looked at again for 1+ years.

I'm fully aware, and disappointed by that. 

I was only disputing that no one cares and that the forums had moved on. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I'm fully aware, and disappointed by that. 

I was only disputing that no one cares and that the forums had moved on. 

Well, if you sifted through the entire Dev Workshop thread(which I did when it was ongoing), you would see a lot of feedback. The only thing addressed was the fact that the new passive has anti-synergy with Absorb. I know they read it all because that probably wouldn't have been addressed otherwise. While it can never be proven, we can probably say the rest was disregarded. They got a lot of "this is great" from people who likely didn't play Nyx at all(and absolutely still won't) and only a little of "this is a travesty" from people who actively played Nyx on a regular basis.

I understand the need and desire to want to grow the fan-base, usability, and desirability of certain things in the game, but they absolutely did a disservice to Nyx and Titania with this.

Of course people moved on. That flock didn't care much to start. The rest of us just live with the fallout. I just play other frames now. Also, if you think about it, Mesmer Skin is just a mostly better Assimilate anyways.

• Like 1