Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunts - Ammo Drouhgt Is An Issue

IllogicalLogic420

The only feedback I really have to give is that Eidolon hunts are rendered impossible if nobody has Squad Ammo Restores. Or unless you have a literal God-tier weapon to one-shot it.

But if you run out of ammo? Congratz, gg, you lose. Wasted time.

The Vombulysts or whatever drop ammo....rarely.

It would make Eidolon hunts more viable to have more frequent ammo drops and in much larger numbers.

Other than that, damn these are fun lol. Good job on themDE!

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Each Limb drops ammo, and you can bring Scavenger Aura Mods as Chroma in a squad with 3 Corrosive Projection + 2 Coaction Drift.

Ran out of ammo before killing one. Don't have those. i have Chroma prime though. Waiting in recruiting for a squad is a huge waste of time. Gotta love those unintentional time gates.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

The best advice I can tell you is to go prepared.

Either have a weapon powerful enough to deal hits to the Eidolons with enough ammo economy to spare, or just build as many ammo pizzas as possible before you hunt one down.

So basically, don't do eidolon hunts until you're a late-game player who suffered hundreds if not thousands of hours of farming just to be prepared? That's nice.

- - - - - - - - - -

We shouldn't need to be living God's to do eidolon hunts, I should be able to solo one after all this time and everything I've acquired so far.

- - - - - - - - - -

edit: I'll take the advice though and come fully prepared next time......

Edited by IllogicalLogic420

7 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Waiting in recruiting for a squad is a huge waste of time.

It really isn't. I have gotten at least 400 Eidolon captures from Recruitment Chat, and I end up with plenty of good players, some of who I make friends with.

So basically, don't do eidolon hunts until you're a late-game player who suffered hundreds if not thousands of hours of farming just to be prepared? That's nice.

It is intended to be a late-game Focus/Arcane farm. You don't need thousands of hours to do one, but hundreds of hours makes sense.

We shouldn't need to be living God's to do eidolon hunts, I should be able to solo one after all this time and everything I've acquired so far.

You don't need to be a god to understand the mechanics. I am sure you can solo one if you work a little harder at it.

Edited by Voltage

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

It really isn't. I have gotten at least 400 Eidolon captures from Recruitment Chat, and I end up with plenty of good players, some of who I make friends with.

It is intended to be a late-game Focus/Arcane farm. You don't need thousands of hours to do one, but hundreds of hours makes sense.

You don't need to be a god to understand the mechanics. I am sure you can solo one if you work a little harder at it.

Hmmmm. I can't ever seem to find an eidolon squad 😞

Oh so it's intended to be late game......okay then. No problem.

It was an exaggeration 😛 if I had ammo supply, I could solo one for sure, at least, I'm sure I can.

9 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Ran out of ammo before killing one

did you mod the weapon with damage types that do extra pewpew to eidolons? did you use a slow firing, hard hitting weapon? you don't need god tier anything for it, but you can do it wrong and then you will run out of ammo, I guess.

1 minute ago, Rawbeard said:

did you mod the weapon with damage types that do extra pewpew to eidolons? did you use a slow firing, hard hitting weapon? you don't need god tier anything for it, but you can do it wrong and then you will run out of ammo, I guess.

The best weapon I have for the hunts is the Astilla, potato'ed and forma'ed, DPS as high as I can get it and with Rad dmg. I spent all my ammo on killing vomulysts lmao

I've been using the astilla for some time for these without issue........but I was with hunt squads (bounty-found, not recruiting) and ammo was never an issue before. It seems like they severely nerfed the ammo drops, or........we just happened to kill a limb before we needed ammo.

15 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Astilla

there is your problem. shotguns are notoriously S#&$ for even hitting, much less properly damaging Eidolon weak spots. see if you can get a sniper rifle. the Lanka was THE THING TO HAVE, and it seems to still work. did a hunt earlier for the first time in like a year. no riven, just regular old mods. things with a single big hit work good. everything else works really badly at best. it is part of the eidolons health and armor mechanic, or something. I don't even remember. bleh.

oh, and don't bother with status, go for crit, or just plain old damage. radiation and puncture are good, if I recall correctly.

Edited by Rawbeard

45 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

there is your problem. shotguns are notoriously S#&$ for even hitting, much less properly damaging Eidolon weak spots. see if you can get a sniper rifle. the Lanka was THE THING TO HAVE, and it seems to still work. did a hunt earlier for the first time in like a year. no riven, just regular old mods. things with a single big hit work good. everything else works really badly at best. it is part of the eidolons health and armor mechanic, or something. I don't even remember. bleh.

oh, and don't bother with status, go for crit, or just plain old damage. radiation and puncture are good, if I recall correctly.

Lanka is still firmly in the top tier for Eidolon Hunts, and more than near enough to Rubico Prime that anyone turnin' their nose at someone bringing one ought to get said nose flattened, and likely more accessible than Rubico Prime, albeit a bit more expensive to get squared away and a fair bit less user friendly.

Anywho barring an Arca Plasmor and a deathwish do like Rawbeard says: leave the explosives, shotguns, and status chance at home. Bring your biggest hitter and remember that you're usually looking for Radiation, Puncture, and (in a somewhat distant third) Cold damage with as big a damage buff you can put behind it as possible. Ask around in squad chat for folks looking to do a single Hydrolyst cap, the teams looking to do multiple are like-as-not gonna be pretty strict about gear due to time limits. Oh, and make sure you're lookin' closer to the beginning of nightfall, Harry's a damage sponge and the chances of capping even once with a less-than-stellar group nose dive the longer the night goes on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

Yeah it took forever just to get the Lanka bp, and now I need to get the resources, and a forma.....But as I said, the Astilla never gave me issue before and worked just fine for me. Although, I use Chroma Prime so maybe that's why. Yes rad is good, didn't know about puncture. I did notice how useless status is......crit all day! Eidolons are NOT affected by status, if anyone didn't know.

15 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Lanka is still firmly in the top tier for Eidolon Hunts, and more than near enough to Rubico Prime that anyone turnin' their nose at someone bringing one ought to get said nose flattened, and likely more accessible than Rubico Prime, albeit a bit more expensive to get squared away and a fair bit less user friendly.

Anywho barring an Arca Plasmor and a deathwish do like Rawbeard says: leave the explosives, shotguns, and status chance at home. Bring your biggest hitter and remember that you're usually looking for Radiation, Puncture, and (in a somewhat distant third) Cold damage with as big a damage buff you can put behind it as possible. Ask around in squad chat for folks looking to do a single Hydrolyst cap, the teams looking to do multiple are like-as-not gonna be pretty strict about gear due to time limits. Oh, and make sure you're lookin' closer to the beginning of nightfall, Harry's a damage sponge and the chances of capping even once with a less-than-stellar group nose dive the longer the night goes on.

Lanka is so OP lmao. I see people one-shot the joints o.o I did notice that my Dread was able to deal significant damage to it, but it's so hard to get a shot off with the Eidolon moving so much, with everything else going on.

Yeah I did a Hydrolist before, was a really fun time. We had great teamwork and communication, and we opened up opportunity for our "one shot, one kill" guy. Every other time though, I got stuck with a mediocre squad (which doesn't help when I myself am mediocre)

Thank you everyone <3

17 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

The only feedback I really have to give is that Eidolon hunts are rendered impossible if nobody has Squad Ammo Restores. Or unless you have a literal God-tier weapon to one-shot it.

But if you run out of ammo? Congratz, gg, you lose. Wasted time.

The Vombulysts or whatever drop ammo....rarely.

It would make Eidolon hunts more viable to have more frequent ammo drops and in much larger numbers.

Other than that, damn these are fun lol. Good job on themDE!

There are ammo resuppy containers on the plains. It's not too out of the way to fly over to one and restock. I've had to do it a couple of times on hunts.

Edited by (PS4)zeroisnine

5 hours ago, (PS4)zeroisnine said:

There are ammo resuppy containers on the plains. It's not too out of the way to fly over to one and restock. I've had to do it a couple of times on hunts.

Wow I forgot those even existed. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Large Team Ammo Restore

or just use a Sniper 

How do you even acquire those? Last time I checked, the market only sells small restores, at one each.

If you want anything bigger, like medium, or even medium x10, you need to go through the dojo research process.

I'm even sure how to get large ones.

32 minutes ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Wow I forgot those even existed. Thank you.

How do you even acquire those? Last time I checked, the market only sells small restores, at one each.

If you want anything bigger, like medium, or even medium x10, you need to go through the dojo research process.

I'm even sure how to get large ones.

Large Ammo Restore BP's are purchased from Red Veil's syndicate store.

Just build a Lanka. 

It keeps the Combo for longer, so you dont need to keep shooting to keep it up and you need less bullets per synobia.

Also, one time i was talking with a friend and just keept shooting. When i realized i got depleted, just got to open the archwing, fly to one camp of grineer and open one of the ammo storages that fill your ammo to full 🙂 Just learn where they are. 
Ofc, if you want to do a 6x3 you shouldnt lose time on that, but then you SHOULD use things to make it easier (auras, mods, squad restores) 

10 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Large ones are a Red Veil exclusive, so depending on your Syndicate picks this may be hard-ish to get, but the Medium ones (which are also crafted in bundles of 10) are a Dojo research project. Get those, at least. 

And yes, you do need a solid hard-hitter to efficiently deal damage to their limbs. Almost any sniper rifle is a good choice, but some Kitguns (Catchmoon, for instance) aren't that far behind either. Euphona Prime, Pandero... Just look for something with enough raw damage per shot and decent crit. Also, if you build a Navigator-oriented Ivara, you can pop those limbs with Sancti Castanas, even. 

Ammo Restores have been on my gear wheel since 2013.

I Solo Tridolon a few times for Shards. You can get low on ammo at times but it's hardly a hindrance.

Pax Charge is a great fall back on Tombfinger / Catchmoon.

2 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Large ones are a Red Veil exclusive, so depending on your Syndicate picks this may be hard-ish to get, but the Medium ones (which are also crafted in bundles of 10) are a Dojo research project. Get those, at least. 

And yes, you do need a solid hard-hitter to efficiently deal damage to their limbs. Almost any sniper rifle is a good choice, but some Kitguns (Catchmoon, for instance) aren't that far behind either. Euphona Prime, Pandero... Just look for something with enough raw damage per shot and decent crit. Also, if you build a Navigator-oriented Ivara, you can pop those limbs with Sancti Castanas, even. 

Ah I see. That sucks, for me, lmao. I am building a Lanka as we speak, for that sweet, juicy, overpowered God-level overpower of over poweredness.

For kitguns and such.....well, we never had those before, but, my main reason for not getting one is because it'll just overwhelm me with stuff to do/content, more than the game already overwhelms me with.....everything. After I got my k-drive......I'm putting fortuna on hold until I complete everything that was in the game before Fortuna (not to extremes, like obtaining EVERY single weapon or easter egg or small whatever)

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Ammo Restores have been on my gear wheel since 2013.

I Solo Tridolon a few times for Shards. You can get low on ammo at times but it's hardly a hindrance.

Pax Charge is a great fall back on Tombfinger / Catchmoon.

For you, maybe. I actually didn't even know restores existed until.......around the end of last year, and I've been playing since the game came out (albeit with a 3 year break, sticking my head in from time to time to see how the game is progressing)

19 hours ago, (PS4)zeroisnine said:

That's what I've been doing, personally. Drop a marker on the Eidolon, Archwing to the nearest ammo case, fly back. Unfortunately, this is made substantially harder since there's no indication of exactly WHERE one might find these ammo restore containers. You'd think "just head for the nearest Grenier camp," but not all camps have one and it's hard to find it even in the ones that do. I suppose one could just memorise a few of the locations - which is what I did - but I'd really like to see a bit more info on the map. At least the "big map" (the one with time of day) could use markers for ammo restores.

That said, I'm with the OP - wouldn't hurt for Eidolon fights to drop a bit more ammo. Maybe attached lures could spawn boxes periodically, since they're really the only constant in those fights. Vomvalysts themselves could stand to drop a little more.

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

That's what I've been doing, personally. Drop a marker on the Eidolon, Archwing to the nearest ammo case, fly back. Unfortunately, this is made substantially harder since there's no indication of exactly WHERE one might find these ammo restore containers. You'd think "just head for the nearest Grenier camp," but not all camps have one and it's hard to find it even in the ones that do. I suppose one could just memorise a few of the locations - which is what I did - but I'd really like to see a bit more info on the map. At least the "big map" (the one with time of day) could use markers for ammo restores.

That said, I'm with the OP - wouldn't hurt for Eidolon fights to drop a bit more ammo. Maybe attached lures could spawn boxes periodically, since they're really the only constant in those fights. Vomvalysts themselves could stand to drop a little more.

Wow, I thought all grineer camps would have them too. Yikes.

With consideration of everyone input thus far.....this is my current stance.

Your idea is good too. So basically just a bit more ammo provided during eidolon fights, just in case you happen to unprepared or cant get prepared in a timely fashion.

3 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Wow, I thought all grineer camps would have them too. Yikes.

It's entirely possible that they do and I just haven't found them, but I looked. The ammo restore items don't exactly stand out against the background very much and they're sometimes inside structures such that you can't see them from the air. I know there are a LOT of them, but I've memorised about three somewhat evenly scattered around the map. Fast Archwing flight speeds cover the rest. The Plains map isn't actually that big, so crossing it every so often doesn't add a huge delay to the fight. And mind you, this is from the perspective of someone fighting Eidolons solo with about middling gear, so I'm sure there are better ways.

That said, I really like the concept behind these recharging ammo dispensers. Kind of wish they'd be marked on the map and show up in the rest of the game, as well. As it stands, even Orb Vallis doesn't have them. Put those in randomly-generated tiles on, say, Jupiter and you'd give people a slight incentive to explore.

On 2019-02-27 at 8:18 PM, Voltage said:

Each Limb drops ammo, and you can bring Scavenger Aura Mods as Chroma in a squad with 3 Corrosive Projection + 2 Coaction Drift.

Also, Rubico Prime sets are 55 Platinum on Warframe.Market for PC.

Do not tell people to bring CP in eidolons.  That is a terrible idea.  Bring enemy radar or dead eye.  Or power donation.  Power donation would be nice.

Anyone intending to DPS eidolons will have a SI sarpa ready for precision armor stripping, if it's even needed at all.

9 minutes ago, Callback said:

Power donation would be nice.

Power Donation in Eidolons.

Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

9 minutes ago, Callback said:

Anyone intending to DPS eidolons will have a SI sarpa ready for precision armor stripping, if it's even needed at all.

I'm not sure about you, but out of my almost 800 Hydrolyst captures, I have without exception used 3 Corrosive Projection Auras and 2 Coaction Drifts for a reduction of armor just under 100% to allow for Radiation damage built on the DPS player's weapon for additional damage against the limbs and head.

Edited by Voltage