Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave concept is shafting new and casual players

Newplayer317

Just now, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Yep, and I like the new system. I hope I make it high enough to get the Umbral Forma and the Rid$&*^, I mean Wolf armour

its ok...you can only get 50 creds per week unless you play and defeat and capture a few 1000 of the random spawn wolf capture targets for their whopping 50 standing each.

so you can use that cred to buy one item per week now. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I believe DE said you only need to do 65% of the Nightwave Challenges to reach level 30 before it ends. The first 4 days adds up to 38k Standing I believe with bonus earnable from the capture targets and the daily 1k challenges., If it's the same for the next few weeks then that will be about 45 per week with the dailies. So According to DE you need to average 30k standing a week.

Pick and choose is what the Wolf Credits are for.

This is less of a grind and as DE have said the randomness of snooze you lose alerts is gone.

I'll disagree, it's way more of a grind than the old alerts, but it's way less random.

Trying to force people into doing things they might not enjoy in a limited timeframe (like dailies/weeklies in every MMO) is a surefire way to burn people out. Warframe was one of those games you played when you felt like it, and it was one of its greatest strenghts: not trying to force people into playing. Nightwave appears to be doing away with this in lieu for typical MMO style dailies of the "play our way or lose out" type.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, marelooke said:

I'll disagree, it's way more of a grind than the old alerts, but it's way less random.

Trying to force people into doing things they might not enjoy in a limited timeframe (like dailies/weeklies in every MMO) is a surefire way to burn people out. Warframe was one of those games you played when you felt like it, and it was one of its greatest strenghts: not trying to force people into playing. Nightwave appears to be doing away with this in lieu for typical MMO style dailies of the "play our way or lose out" type.

Doing away? It penalises you for not playing 24/7 7 days a week. It's a slap in the face for those who are in the "burn out phase" and is a sure fire way to cause more people to "burn out" and for much longer.

DE needs to scrap the concept for the timed exclusives that are tied to this "rework". If they want player choice like they keep on harping on about then this needs to go for it to be a start.

People are exaggerating the changes.

I cannot grasp my head around how people find the new system worse. People like the OP make it sound like Catalysts and Reactors were raining during the old system when infact they werent, unless you completely dedicated your day around it. Same deal with Nitain, unless you where following the WF alert tweets religiously throughout the day/week/month. Same deal with auras pretty much. Sure there used to be aura alerts up frequently, but never the one you actually needed.

Now you can atleast plan as you go ahead. Do the rep missions per day and week and get what you want when you can.

Also, the old alert system didnt award the far more valueble and needed things like weapon and frame slots, which are a nice addition to get just by playing. Not to mention some of the other tier rewards.

It is funny that people also seem to have forgotten that the old system was far more unfriendly to new players because it was also effectively much more locked than the new one. If you hadnt unlocked a node on a planet you couldnt do it unless you had friends to taxi you. You couldnt even see when it popped up, all you got was a Lotus message saying there was a new alert, but nothing you could see or do.

• Like 8

I'm not new but I totally agree w this poster.  I don't really understand the point of making an alert system thats a lot harder on new players.  This reward system only caters to a specific type of player that isn't able to play often and so there is more flexibility with when things can be completed at a huge cost of efficiency.  The veterans have to do potential "chores" that they wouldn't necessarily do just so they can get the umbra forma, and a little bit of kuva.  There's absolutely zero use for extra wolf credits for me - it will be a lot more efficient grinding plat than continuing the wolf farm for potatoes.  For the newer players that could use the extra wolf credits, they won't be able to complete all the tasks to earn them.

Alerts are for new players.  I don't see why they couldn't make both the guy playing all the time and the guy just popping in equally happy.  This just tells me that the guy who doesn't have time to play is the one giving them money more often, otherwise why would they punish the grinder?  I know when I started in July, there wasn't a single week where the best I could get via alerts was 5 extract and a helmet(not that helmets are a priority).

Also, the nightmare alerts seem completely gone and nothing about them in this new system.

Really all they have to do is let you choose between like 3 rewards each level, because beginners don't need kuva, and so they could choose more wolf credits and put it towards progression.  I am very happy to finally see an amount of kuva thats actually useable(over 300-600) as a reward.

16 minutes ago, Lord_Dckrod said:

I'm not new but I totally agree w this poster.  I don't really understand the point of making an alert system thats a lot harder on new players.  This reward system only caters to a specific type of player that isn't able to play often and so there is more flexibility with when things can be completed at a huge cost of efficiency.  The veterans have to do potential "chores" that they wouldn't necessarily do just so they can get the umbra forma, and a little bit of kuva.  There's absolutely zero use for extra wolf credits for me - it will be a lot more efficient grinding plat than continuing the wolf farm for potatoes.  For the newer players that could use the extra wolf credits, they won't be able to complete all the tasks to earn them.

Alerts are for new players.  I don't see why they couldn't make both the guy playing all the time and the guy just popping in equally happy.  This just tells me that the guy who doesn't have time to play is the one giving them money more often, otherwise why would they punish the grinder?  I know when I started in July, there wasn't a single week where the best I could get via alerts was 5 extract and a helmet(not that helmets are a priority).

Also, the nightmare alerts seem completely gone and nothing about them in this new system.

Really all they have to do is let you choose between like 3 rewards each level, because beginners don't need kuva, and so they could choose more wolf credits and put it towards progression.  I am very happy to finally see an amount of kuva thats actually useable(over 300-600) as a reward.

It's not harder on new players. It's EASIER on new players. They dont have to worry about missing an alert. The missions are just as easy as they were before AND they introduce players to things they wouldnt know about like scanning targets. Not all of the missions were meant for new players. DE took care to include the vets. Umbral Forma is a tough thing to accomplish. Most new players dont have the materials, mods, weapons, etc to make use of the Umbral items. Think passed your own box.

I was MR16 when I took a break from WF and in a month I went from 16-26. So being new is still pretty fresh. This system, while it could use a couple of minor tweaks, is exactly right in it's basic design. People who would have missed alerts due to work, school, real life in general, now dont have to sit on an alert in order to get what they need.And the missions rotate out weekly, not hourly. This is a brilliant piece of work.

I've seen the devastation of a lot of games when they tried to funnel people thru old content to breathe life back into it. This system gives you the choice of where to do it and what mobs to do it against. The scan is a great example. I can go to the kuva flood and scan the big boys or I can sit on earth and scan flowers. Im not being forced to do any specific content.

Im sorry but you nay sayers are completely wrong. This is the best idea EVER in gaming. New, vet, pro, casual... it fits everyone and doesnt mess up the game.

4 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

It's not harder on new players. It's EASIER on new players. They dont have to worry about missing an alert. The missions are just as easy as they were before AND they introduce players to things they wouldnt know about like scanning targets. Not all of the missions were meant for new players. DE took care to include the vets. Umbral Forma is a tough thing to accomplish. Most new players dont have the materials, mods, weapons, etc to make use of the Umbral items. Think passed your own box.

I was MR16 when I took a break from WF and in a month I went from 16-26. So being new is still pretty fresh. This system, while it could use a couple of minor tweaks, is exactly right in it's basic design. People who would have missed alerts due to work, school, real life in general, now dont have to sit on an alert in order to get what they need.And the missions rotate out weekly, not hourly. This is a brilliant piece of work.

I've seen the devastation of a lot of games when they tried to funnel people thru old content to breathe life back into it. This system gives you the choice of where to do it and what mobs to do it against. The scan is a great example. I can go to the kuva flood and scan the big boys or I can sit on earth and scan flowers. Im not being forced to do any specific content.

Im sorry but you nay sayers are completely wrong. This is the best idea EVER in gaming. New, vet, pro, casual... it fits everyone and doesnt mess up the game.

Did you actually read my post?  I specifically said it caters to the player who occasionally plays and has school, work etc and can't sit on an alert.  Its factually going to take a lot longer for every new player to obtain the alert drop table, which i said, you're paying for flexibility at the cost of efficiency.  This has nothing to do w "my box".  I have everything on the alert droptable, and so Im just earning rewards for doing things I normally do in the game.  The players who do have time to play, won't be able to do the harder tasks to cash in on the extra wolf credits.  So yes, you're correct, this caters to people who have other things to do and only them.  The only thing veterans need from this list is the umbra forma and they have to do a bunch of silly things they may or may not be doing already.

5 minutes ago, Lord_Dckrod said:

Did you actually read my post?  I specifically said it caters to the player who occasionally plays and has school, work etc and can't sit on an alert.  Its factually going to take a lot longer for every new player to obtain the alert drop table, which i said, you're paying for flexibility at the cost of efficiency.  This has nothing to do w "my box".  I have everything on the alert droptable, and so Im just earning rewards for doing things I normally do in the game.  The players who do have time to play, won't be able to do the harder tasks to cash in on the extra wolf credits.  So yes, you're correct, this caters to people who have other things to do and only them.  The only thing veterans need from this list is the umbra forma and they have to do a bunch of silly things they may or may not be doing already.

I did read your post. But without your post, there was no context to mine.

I believe this falls under the principle of "Not telling players how long they should play the game". This is a problem with all syndicates & factions with standing. 6 main syndicates, Simaris, Ostron, Quills, Solaris United, Vox Solaris, Vent Kids, & Conclave. These all have their own daily reputation caps. The 6 syndicates even have missions, medallions/insignias, & sigils for bonus standing.

Looking around for Nightwave information, I found that each episode lasts 10-11 weeks.

There are 7 daily challenges (except this past week, time of post, cuz partial introductory week). 1,000 standing each. 7,000 total.

There are 7 weekly challenges. 3,000 standing each. 21,000 total.

There are 3 "elite" weekly challenges. These are locked away from newer players. 5,000 standing each. 15,000 total.

This totals 43,000 standing. Not including encounters with Saturn-six fugitives (150 standing for all 3 without glitching out) or the Wolf (standing earned not yet known to me). These encounters will become more common as the episode progresses.

Any given week, assuming full access (vet players), someone could earn 4-5 tiers. 4 purely from the 43k standing. 5 from the increasingly prevalent encounters. Newer players can only reach 2 tiers, but because the high tier rewards are irrelevant to their current state of progress, that's kind of a non-issue.

Again, there are 10-11 weeks per episode. In order to reach tier 30, we'd have to get 3 tiers per week. This forces 3-5 hrs of weekly gameplay. Remember how I stated that players >shouldn't< be told how long to play? Yeah, that's teetering close to 1hr per day, not including the daily caps on every other syndicate & faction. These challenges might involve unengaging tasks as well, such as scanning items. Horn tooting that someone did the challenges in less than 3 hours would make no difference to this (just means they're probably a no lifer).

As for solving this, I like how OP suggested that the original alert system be allowed to coexist with Nightwave. If the old system gets the same rewards, or even just some of them, as the Nightwave, it takes the sting out.

I'd like to suggest that the episode length be increased to 3-4 months, or reduce the number of reward tiers. Not just because it makes it less pressing on the community, but so DE can stop ignoring old problems; using all these new systems & future plans as an excuse to do so.

I personally worry about the "Wolf Sledge" becoming an event exclusive weapon. To avoid that, I think loot caches could be added to the Saturn Rescue mission node, or some other method.

Edited by (PS4)VagueWisdom
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-28 at 1:56 PM, Newplayer317 said:

Dear DE,

I've just started playing the game a few weeks ago and can't help but notice that the new alarm system is overly hard on newer players in several ways; see below. And yes, this is a secondary account as I intend to provide frank and honest feedback without being haunted by the forum warriors afterwards.

So, from a relatively new (MR8) player's perspective:

1) Starmap/quest/general content access is MR-gated. Fact. The occasional heat dagger, pangolin, dark, jaw or plasma sword blueprints from the old alerts all helped towards advancing in MR, which for new players was obviously a good thing. Free stuff! Also those weapons contributed to the fun for a newbie - regardless of weapon effectivity, it was nice to see their animations and handling (the pre-Europa content is thankfully forgiving) and advancing in MR was a good (and needed) side effect. For someone new, these things were all fresh and had a good time/reward ratio - spend a little time in an alert, often solo-shooting for 15 mins with that MK1-Paris, and get a new shiny. Happy new player! Alas, no more.

1b) Now to remedy the loss of that part, people could in theory just join a clan earlier to have access to researched weapons, however in my region, most recruitment messages have a minimum MR5 - you simply wouldn't get enrolled before. It seems clans want to see a certain degree of dedication before enlisting someone, which I guess is fair enough. However, without the alert weapons, that MR5 has become harder to reach, which means relatively more players will be lost before even making it to the clan stage. Even if clans relaxed their MR requirements over time (not likely), most weapons in the dojo lab have a relatively higher material cost.

2) All Nightwave offerings drawing from the same resource pool (currently wolf cred) is excessively punishing for new players. Newbies have a high need for Orokin reactors/catalysts. However, they'll also need the occasional mod (auras), stuff to rank up MR with and later on Nitain. Veterans need NONE of those and thus don't care much about this aspect - they're nitained out, they're geared and experienced enough to make plat ingame for market potatoes and they've gotten all the mods long ago. I've read some quite disrespectful comments towards new players since the debating about Nightwave started. It's a tad sad, as new players are the lifeblood of every multiplayer game. But I digress. For an inexperienced newbie, the potato supply on this side of Gifts of the Lotus has simply run dry. I'd have to grind 150 wolf cred just to get a pair of reactor/catalyst which equals a whopping 120.000 Wolf standing! For a newbie, that's mountainously insanely much. Probably two weeks or more - newbies can't even do the 5k sortie or eidolon tasks due to gating mechanisms. Plus, that amount of grind is simply off-putting. Moving potatoes so much out of noob reach is frankly damaging to Warframes F2P reputation.

3) The new system is hard on casual people, too. The true rewards like that umbral forma (whose usefulness I cannot even assess on account of being new) are at the very end, but I have to spend time at work and with my family. That's a fixed fact and not negotiable. I'd rather have a linear time-based share of random rewards like under the old system (it's fair as it rewards screen time in a straight time for opportunity fashion) than have a guaranteed nothing due to not being able to put in the hours. I simply cannot grind that much for a set two-month period. And then (not) do it again for the next two months. Do you really want to punish people for having jobs by systematically denying them the end-loaded, "exclusive" goodies? Forever? Create an artificial gap in gearedness in your playerbase?

4) The sense of freedom gets lost. With each old fashioned alert, I had a choice, and choice feels good. If I decide under the new system to try and grind something out over 6-8 weeks, I'll be forced to do those tasks that are technically available to me but you know what? I don't like all aspects of this game equally. Forcing me to do these by way of carrot lowers my average fun per time. It'd feel like a chore. Players dislike 'Do or lose out' scenarios, it wears them out. And having to do "only" 65% to reach the end is also misleading if the highest-end activities like friend-sortie & eidolon hunt are way overproportionally rewarded. I technically cannot do these! I've done the math and without those I will not be able to make it by the end of the event. It's effectively hard-locking newer players out, and "new" stretches prob'ly at least to MR 10.

5) The new alert system is atmospherically well-implemented, but, sadly, it's geared to reward only established veterans for what they're doing anyway. Everybody else loses: The new player gets way less than before as he is in no position to even participate sufficiently; the low-on-time player gets content denied, and you are factually trying to milk both of those groups harder than before.  I'm quite certain you currently get plenty of new players/fresh income due to Anthem comparisons in current media coverage (I'm one of them), but the current Nightwave design catastrophe will lose you an unnecessary share of them. You're prominently shoving a message in their faces stating "This content is not for you". Working as intended?

The whole format is wrong and won't please anyone. Some of vets will complain they're done two weeks early, many players, for a multitude of reasons, on the other side won't manage to advance far enough before the event times out (those will be extra frustrated as they'll feel their time investment will have been lost as they didn't get the umbral forma/current carrot) and some, regardless of outcome, will be unhappy as they felt forced to do game activities they dislike, losing the fun feeling.

If at least it had been an additional system, leaving the old alerts alone. And why remove the extra affinity from mission challenges (get 10 headshots etc.) on top? Why? Did any good come from that?

Regarding the Nightwave format, I'm just not sure what your expectations are at this point. If it's just about raising sales I wouldn't even mind, but there's genuine fun and player retention at stake here. Nightwave will be stirring up your community who is feeling the net loss and either cannot or doesn't want to play to the pace/degree needed to actually reap the rewards in time. You're effectively asking your playerbase to either play at 4000 rpm+ to stay on top of each the Nightwaves, get frustrated instead or simply not play. Parts of your playerbase /will/ chose the latter. The Nightwave mis-design is forcing a part of them out of your game.

Please consider. Thanks.

What overly hard is reading a WoT. Just play the game... Get stuff... Rinse repeat.

12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

People are exaggerating the changes.

I cannot grasp my head around how people find the new system worse. People like the OP make it sound like Catalysts and Reactors were raining during the old system when infact they werent, unless you completely dedicated your day around it. Same deal with Nitain, unless you where following the WF alert tweets religiously throughout the day/week/month. Same deal with auras pretty much. Sure there used to be aura alerts up frequently, but never the one you actually needed.

Now you can atleast plan as you go ahead. Do the rep missions per day and week and get what you want when you can.

Also, the old alert system didnt award the far more valueble and needed things like weapon and frame slots, which are a nice addition to get just by playing. Not to mention some of the other tier rewards.

It is funny that people also seem to have forgotten that the old system was far more unfriendly to new players because it was also effectively much more locked than the new one. If you hadnt unlocked a node on a planet you couldnt do it unless you had friends to taxi you. You couldnt even see when it popped up, all you got was a Lotus message saying there was a new alert, but nothing you could see or do. 

If they remove the unique cosmetics and only put in the regular stuff I'd agree, but as it is now the only reason I'm putting up with the new system is the cosmetics and the Umbral Forma, so basically the stuff that's in the "reward track".

I don't need Potatoes (I have 80 blue ones built). I don't need Nitain (not to the extent that doing the occasional alert that popped up while I was playing didn't keep me topped off) and I have most alt helmets already. Basically I don't care about most of the Wolf Credit rewards.

I don't think it should be that hard to imagine that this would feel like a massive step back if there's only a few things you'd want from the alerts that are now gated behind a bunch of chores that get between me and playing the game the way I want. I doesn't even matter how easy they are (3 assassination missions isn't hard, but it's a pure waste of time), if I have to go out of my way to do them (iow, they're not part of the way I normally play the game) they're a chore.

This is just dailies (like we have them in WoW, Destiny 2 and every other MMO out there) in a different form, and dailies have burned me out on quite a few games I used to play due to their semi-mandatory nature ("do them, or fall behind")

The new system is a massive mandatory grind added to the game. Sure it might be more predictable when you will acquire something, assuming you can put up with the chores/grind to get there.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, marelooke said:

If they remove the unique cosmetics and only put in the regular stuff I'd agree, but as it is now the only reason I'm putting up with the new system is the cosmetics and the Umbral Forma, so basically the stuff that's in the "reward track".

I don't need Potatoes (I have 80 blue ones built). I don't need Nitain (not to the extent that doing the occasional alert that popped up while I was playing didn't keep me topped off) and I have most alt helmets already. Basically I don't care about most of the Wolf Credit rewards.

I don't think it should be that hard to imagine that this would feel like a massive step back if there's only a few things you'd want from the alerts that are now gated behind a bunch of chores that get between me and playing the game the way I want. I doesn't even matter how easy they are (3 assassination missions isn't hard, but it's a pure waste of time), if I have to go out of my way to do them (iow, they're not part of the way I normally play the game) they're a chore.

This is just dailies (like we have them in WoW, Destiny 2 and every other MMO out there) in a different form, and dailies have burned me out on quite a few games I used to play due to their semi-mandatory nature ("do them, or fall behind")

The new system is a massive mandatory grind added to the game. Sure it might be more predictable when you will acquire something, assuming you can put up with the chores/grind to get there.

While I agree that it may be a grind if you arent interested in anything else in the game I dont see it as a grind if you play on a regular basis anyway. You get pretty much everything done without going out of your way and you dont need 100% daily or weekly completion anyways.

I would rather have had this system than the old one when I started out because the old one was all about tweet and app alert notifications if you badly needed something. Now people can atleast play without micro-managing anything really. I did the first week rotation without a single issue. I had the forced guild/friend task left for last and it got done by someone simply asking "people wanna friend up to get the nightwave done" in my last sortie before the weekly rotation ended. None of it really felt like a grind, just another reason to log in and play some.

27 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

While I agree that it may be a grind if you arent interested in anything else in the game I dont see it as a grind if you play on a regular basis anyway. You get pretty much everything done without going out of your way and you dont need 100% daily or weekly completion anyways.

I would rather have had this system than the old one when I started out because the old one was all about tweet and app alert notifications if you badly needed something. Now people can atleast play without micro-managing anything really. I did the first week rotation without a single issue. I had the forced guild/friend task left for last and it got done by someone simply asking "people wanna friend up to get the nightwave done" in my last sortie before the weekly rotation ended. None of it really felt like a grind, just another reason to log in and play some. 

Sure, if they remove the "limited" stuff from the reward track then I wouldn't care. But as it is I need to do at least 70% of these chores just to get to the very few items I care about.

And yes I do have to go out of my way, as I think many of the game modes they try to make people do have major issues that need resolving, but instead of fixing Defense, or Survival, DE has been jumping on the open world bandwagon.

Case in point, DE forcing people into content that has issues instead of providing real incentives (like fixing the reasons why people avoid those modes to begin with) is just not going to work in the long run.

And don't get me wrong, I don't hate the challenges now, being made to do certain things I wouldn't otherwise do is a nice novelty, my issue with the entire thing is that this is supposed to be an ongoing system, rather than an event. The novelty will wear off sooner rather than later and then it just becomes another mandatory chore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marelooke said:

Sure, if they remove the "limited" stuff from the reward track then I wouldn't care. But as it is I need to do at least 70% of these chores just to get to the very few items I care about.

And yes I do have to go out of my way, as I think many of the game modes they try to make people do have major issues that need resolving, but instead of fixing Defense, or Survival, DE has been jumping on the open world bandwagon.

Case in point, DE forcing people into content that has issues instead of providing real incentives (like fixing the reasons why people avoid those modes to begin with) is just not going to work in the long run.

And don't get me wrong, I don't hate the challenges now, being made to do certain things I wouldn't otherwise do is a nice novelty, my issue with the entire thing is that this is supposed to be an ongoing system, rather than an event. The novelty will wear off sooner rather than later and then it just becomes another mandatory chore.

The only part I really dislike is the forced grouping gimmick they've added to some of the elite missions. It should imo be possible to do it all solo or with pugs if you like. I'm all ok with the 60 minute survival thing, but forcing me to get either clan members or friends (which I dont have that play WF anymore) is just a pointless addition. Just as with the last weeks sortie clan/friend requirement, it could have been something far more interesting.

I though at first this is really bad 'replacement' for new players with broken tasks on the first week.

Now I realise the tasks are just forcing vets to do parts of the game they never do anymore.

Hunting useless (next week I'm expecting do 30k in Kdrive tricks)

60mins in a Survival useless (no improved reward over 3x20 mins), otherwise change the reward rotation to AABCCCCC or even AABCBCBC

Invasions useless (except the reactor and catalysts)

POE bounties useless (Seeing 4 MR 25+ players on the lowest tier bounty says it all 'the true end game' says one of them

Very unsatisfied with the mixed message implementation. Is this now the new true end end game? or a replacement for alerts to remove the I'm not on at this time issue or the low rewards?

• Like 2

Overall I love the idea or concept of the nightwave.  I wish there were more daily or smaller bounties that might get me to do new things or give me stuff that I have to figure out.

Some of these bounties this week are kind of discouraging.   I never have done an animal capture and the bounty wants 10 perfect captures.  I never cared about Kuva since Rivens seem a little pointless, so doing an hour kuva suvival seems a bit nuts.  All this with a friend or clan mate stuff also is a bit disappointing.  If I can get one of my friends to play warframe, they are not going to want to do an hour-long borning mission.   I did a 2 hour Arbitrations over the weekend, but that was because I wanted the endo and it was with rando's.

There should be more wolf credits to buy items.

They should add alerts back with items like resources and credits.  (more credits than they were giving).   I have over 100k endo that I could easily use to upgrade stuff if I had the credits.  I hate doing the index and that being the only way to get credit.  

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:38 PM, (PS4)VagueWisdom said:

-I personally worry about the "Wolf Sledge" becoming an event exclusive weapon. To avoid that, I think loot caches could be added to the Saturn Rescue mission node, or some other method.- snip

Given that the Wolf Sledge is tied to the event I would also bet on it being an event exclusive but a thought comes to mind in regards to this. For future events make wolf creds earnable as part of completing each challenge as well as a reward from capturing the prisoners/wolf. For the sledge make it's components take the place of where the wolf creds are. 3 pieces + BP for the other 2 credit markers put the sigil display that you can buy from the shop and for the last one idk prisoner noggle?

If the point was to replace alerts then the wolf creds being locked every three ranks is a bit of a chore for the new/casual but the new/casual doesn't exactly need the cosmetics provided with ranks. If we keep our ranks (if and when) this cycles back then putting the hammer/parts as a reward in replacement of credits might not be a bad idea. Just food for thought.

I'm MR20. I gave it a few days, and I don't like the changes. At first it seemed nice, like some extra challenges to get extra rewards while doing the things I liked to do. But then the alerts that I still had were done, and it turned out that the game is now forcing me to do things I don't like to do in order to get the same rewards I used to.

I used to get stuff, maybe slowly, but doing stuff that I wanted to do. An alert came along as a diversion, I'd spend a few minutes on it, then go back to my regular stuff. Since the changes, I haven't gotten *anything* so far, *and* spent my time doing stuff I did not want to do. 

Nitain alarms were generated at 4 per day. I used to have one almost every day, sometimes two, but since the changes I got zero, while at the same time having a miserable time doing things I didn't like. After forcing myself to do a few missions, I got the first 50 WCs. But I hesitate to use them on Nitain, since I also need the Catalyst and Rector stuff, that you also hid behind the wall of stuff I don't want to do, and/or Elite stuff I simply cannot do.

I've played to MR20 with PUGs only. Never needed a clanmate nor an in-game virtual "friend". Sure, I'm in a clan, we are contributing, everything is researched, but PUGs work fine. You forced me to artificially make one for one sortie. Did I enjoy it? Not a single part of the experience. Now I have to go through it again for another "tedium challenge". Thanks a lot. I'm not a shy child that needs encouragement to go out to play with some friends. Stop forcing me to.

I've never needed nor even thought of running a 60 mins mission. I'm getting bored at around the 20 mins mark already. This week either I do 2 of them, or I lose 10K of those tardipoints. Thanks for the interesting "challenge".

Actually I've just gotten such a "friend" in the recruitment channel. What do we do, a low level 60 min survival? Lol he says, I was thinking about a Kuva so we do both at the same time. I never did a Kuva I say. I'll carry you he says, stand there, don't kill, don't move, let me slash and desecrate. About 40 mins in he dies, heck, if I don't move I don't get much energy for my Blesses, he ragequits, and then I die twice before I realize he's gone, then again twice before I can get to the exit. Thanks a lot for the wonderful friend experience, I'm really looking forward for more. 

I've never much hunted Eidolons. I didn't like the experience and postponed that content until I get all the waybounds (4 more schools to go). I can barely reach the 20% damage on a Theralyst, but yesterday I had to piss off with my newbiness a group of 3 Hydrolyst hunters. I bet I am not the only one, and all these people are thanking you for the awesomeness of the challenge.

Get some "perfect animal captures"? WTF is this? Oh, some Fortuna thing? I've never set foot in there, plenty to finish in the rest of the game before I start the last expansion, I'm not rushing in now for some dumb challenge, past content I'd rather enjoy slowly in the right time. So now because of that I won't be able to get catalysts/reactors/nitain, that used to get enough of before the changes?

Finding 5 Ayatan sculptures in a week? Seriously? Unless one has absolutely nothing left to do in the game, I can't imagine how this can be something that one "gets rewards for as he plays along". I thoroughly searched 6 syndicate maps, got a total of zero. Either give us an Ayatan Treasure Hunt per day, or scrap this achievement altogether.

If the new thing was an extra way ontop of the old alerts to get more stuff as we play along, it would be awesome. As a way for the game to force people to do what they don't like, it is terrible. Add the stress to not be able to get the usual rare stuff because half of the achievements are in fact unachievable, and the old RNG alerts now look awesome. The current system is forcing old timers to go back to doing things they don't anymore apparently, and is preventing newer players from getting about half the faction. 

Alerts were better. Slightly tweaked to allow them to appear in different time zones or for longer periods, and they'd be perfect. Not the nonsense we are having today. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Neofit26 said:

I'm MR20. I gave it a few days, and I don't like the changes. At first it seemed nice, like some extra challenges to get extra rewards while doing the things I liked to do. But then the alerts that I still had were done, and it turned out that the game is now forcing me to do things I don't like to do in order to get the same rewards I used to.

I used to get stuff, maybe slowly, but doing stuff that I wanted to do. An alert came along as a diversion, I'd spend a few minutes on it, then go back to my regular stuff. Since the changes, I haven't gotten *anything* so far, *and* spent my time doing stuff I did not want to do. 

Nitain alarms were generated at 4 per day. I used to have one almost every day, sometimes two, but since the changes I got zero, while at the same time having a miserable time doing things I didn't like. After forcing myself to do a few missions, I got the first 50 WCs. But I hesitate to use them on Nitain, since I also need the Catalyst and Rector stuff, that you also hid behind the wall of stuff I don't want to do, and/or Elite stuff I simply cannot do.

I've played to MR20 with PUGs only. Never needed a clanmate nor an in-game virtual "friend". Sure, I'm in a clan, we are contributing, everything is researched, but PUGs work fine. You forced me to artificially make one for one sortie. Did I enjoy it? Not a single part of the experience. Now I have to go through it again for another "tedium challenge". Thanks a lot. I'm not a shy child that needs encouragement to go out to play with some friends. Stop forcing me to.

I've never needed nor even thought of running a 60 mins mission. I'm getting bored at around the 20 mins mark already. This week either I do 2 of them, or I lose 10K of those tardipoints. Thanks for the interesting "challenge".

Actually I've just gotten such a "friend" in the recruitment channel. What do we do, a low level 60 min survival? Lol he says, I was thinking about a Kuva so we do both at the same time. I never did a Kuva I say. I'll carry you he says, stand there, don't kill, don't move, let me slash and desecrate. About 40 mins in he dies, heck, if I don't move I don't get much energy for my Blesses, he ragequits, and then I die twice before I realize he's gone, then again twice before I can get to the exit. Thanks a lot for the wonderful friend experience, I'm really looking forward for more. 

I've never much hunted Eidolons. I didn't like the experience and postponed that content until I get all the waybounds (4 more schools to go). I can barely reach the 20% damage on a Theralyst, but yesterday I had to piss off with my newbiness a group of 3 Hydrolyst hunters. I bet I am not the only one, and all these people are thanking you for the awesomeness of the challenge.

Get some "perfect animal captures"? WTF is this? Oh, some Fortuna thing? I've never set foot in there, plenty to finish in the rest of the game before I start the last expansion, I'm not rushing in now for some dumb challenge, past content I'd rather enjoy slowly in the right time. So now because of that I won't be able to get catalysts/reactors/nitain, that used to get enough of before the changes?

Finding 5 Ayatan sculptures in a week? Seriously? Unless one has absolutely nothing left to do in the game, I can't imagine how this can be something that one "gets rewards for as he plays along". I thoroughly searched 6 syndicate maps, got a total of zero. Either give us an Ayatan Treasure Hunt per day, or scrap this achievement altogether.

If the new thing was an extra way ontop of the old alerts to get more stuff as we play along, it would be awesome. As a way for the game to force people to do what they don't like, it is terrible. Add the stress to not be able to get the usual rare stuff because half of the achievements are in fact unachievable, and the old RNG alerts now look awesome. The current system is forcing old timers to go back to doing things they don't anymore apparently, and is preventing newer players from getting about half the faction. 

Alerts were better. Slightly tweaked to allow them to appear in different time zones or for longer periods, and they'd be perfect. Not the nonsense we are having today. 

In the time it took you to complain about all this you could've done several of thr challenges. You said it yourself, you went into the Kuva survival expecting to be carried and failed. Why do you feel it's your god given right to be given everything on a platter instead of earning it?

8 hours ago, Zilchy said:

In the time it took you to complain about all this you could've done several of thr challenges. You said it yourself, you went into the Kuva survival expecting to be carried and failed. Why do you feel it's your god given right to be given everything on a platter instead of earning it?

TF are you talking about? Lrn2read FFS. 

21 minutes ago, Neofit26 said:

TF are you talking about? Lrn2read FFS. 

your words not mine.

9 hours ago, Neofit26 said:

I'm MR20. 

At MR20, Kuva survival shouldn't be a problem. Sometimes it's good if the game pushes us a little.

I had never done it before today, and it's really simple once you get the basics. YouTube has some good guides.

Edited by Enexemander