Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

60 min survival in Kuva fortress WITHOUT using life support modules? How?

(NSW)Belaptir

Question

Well, as title says. The next nightwave elite challenge is surviving in the kuva fortress for over 60 mins without using life support modules (that, to my understanding are the pick ups dropped from enemies). The question is not how am I supposed to survive, because it would be probably enough to just keep using the life support capsules dropped every minute or so. The question is: How am I supposed to avoid picking up a single module from enemies for a whole hour? The kuva fortress is known for its narrow corridors and small rooms rather than wide open spaces. Besides, even if I manage to gather all the enemies in a single place, I still might need to move from one capsule to another passing by those corridors. I guess the easiest option would be to not kill anyone for the whole hour while remaining invisible and surviving from the capsules (which should be enough given the quest), or even without the capsules, just letting the life support finish and remaining invisible and hidden living from energy pads.

However, it's gonna be very boring. Any other suggestions on how to do it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

How am I supposed to avoid picking up a single module from enemies for a whole hour?

I have just completed that challenge (both 60-min surv ones in one go). 

You can't use STATIONS.

You CAN pick up life support enemies drop.

You also CAN convert stations to Kuva harvesters. It still count as "not using" them.

Perfectly doable with a Nekros (our squad was Nekros-Frost-Rhino-Mirage, not even a Hydroid).

It's just boring. 

Edited by Reifnir

Just now, Diangelius said:

Really, supposed that there was a way to not pick up any Pure life support variants for the whole 1 hour, how would we keep the LS percentage with just a small amount of LS that the Kuva capsules provided then ?

I did the survival with a group. With only a Nekros increasing the drops, we made the 60 min with the LS always above 70%. And since I did the mission with a friend/clanmate, I did both challenges.

Just now, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

I did the survival with a group. With only a Nekros increasing the drops, we made the 60 min with the LS always above 70%. And since I did the mission with a friend/clanmate, I did both challenges.

Nah, "Life support variants" I mean no picking up capsules or modules dropping from enemies. What I meant was OP should have thought about this and tried before asking. Spending 60 mins on Taveuni is not time-wasting though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Jesus!!! I just did a 50 Minute Run in the Kuva Fortress last night.... I didn't like it.... im assuming we are still allowed to convert the Life Support Modules into Kuva Harvesters right ? 

Yes. My squad converted all towers in to harvesters. No fail.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Yes. My squad converted all towers in to harvesters. No fail.

Thank You Very Much. 😄

Our team managed to get 8000 Kuva in 50 minutes... we Had a Volt, Nekros, Limbo and Saryn....

Do you think This team is ideal ? Because at the 50 Minute Mark we started running into level 98 Enemies...

50 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Thank You Very Much. 😄

Our team managed to get 8000 Kuva in 50 minutes... we Had a Volt, Nekros, Limbo and Saryn....

Do you think This team is ideal ? Because at the 50 Minute Mark we started running into level 98 Enemies...

My team was Rhino (Me), Nekros, Saryn and Trinity. We had no problem. At 55 min I saw lvl 132 enemies. Add a damage buff and it's good to go. Or 4CP. Or a armor strip frame.

Nekros if fine for the drops, Saryn help stripping armor and killing mobs fast (so more LS), a Nidus can help too ( CC, healing and killing), Nova is great if you have four CP, Trinity is never useless.

If the armor is the issue, many solutions exist: saryn spores, corrosive projection, weapons like amprex modded to strip armor etc. ...

It's just a little boring to sit inthe same mission for 1 hour...

Edited by SgtHotPepper

5 hours ago, DoTengri said:

Whatever the dude who comes up with something like that (probably the same one who dreams up Riven challenges) is smoking... I need that, too!

Honestly.... who is gonna put up with that for an hour without being stoned?

Not I. I mean, I am gonna do that hour of survival. 

4 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Can OP not spread misinformation?

The challenge is to not touch the towers aka "life support modules", in case OP has missed the memo the Wiki is not maintained by DE either, it is a fandom site.

I am not spreading misinformation, it's definitely a typo now that someone tested it and confirmed it, but in the case you didn't know (which seems to be a possibility), the towers are called life support CAPSULES from lotus herself, not modules.

The challenge is to not use life support MODULES, which are not the towers. For real, the question was valid, someone had to test it assuming that it was a typo to see if it worked. Instead of spreading misinformation, you should learn the names of the things in the game.

I can confirm (as others have) that you can pickup the drops that add 5% to life support ,

you can convert the ilfe support capsules (the towers) to kuva harvesters,

You can NOT use the towers to gain 30% life support.

But 60 minutes is still going to be a little tough if you do not plan in advance, Public is not suggested.

you do need a nekros for increasing the drop chance of the modules,

having frost or limbo to protect the capsule will help as you still get some life support after it finishes.

a nuke / DPS frame is essential to ensure enemies die after the 40 minute mark where armor scaling makes it hard to kill (4xCP will make it a non issue)

We went with Limbo , Nekros , Ivara and Inaros (yeah we dont have a dps frame but we have strong weapons and ivara sleep increases melee damage to keep the kill ratio manageable)

Managed to clear 4 acts and jump 2 ranks (kuva survival , survival with friends , rare mod and eximus kills)

Completely unrelated but is this soloable? My net has been a complete mess since the update and I can't stay for longer than a couple minutes without getting migrated (or lost connection and thrown back to the orbiter). I can only play solo missions at this moment.

4 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

My team was Rhino (Me), Nekros, Saryn and Trinity. We had no problem. At 55 min I saw lvl 132 enemies. Add a damage buff and it's good to go. Or 4CP. Or a armor strip frame.

YES !!! Corrosive Projection... thanks for reminding me... I have the Hardest time getting my friends to all wear Corrosive Projection... (with coaction Drift we only need 3)

Like everyone else I struggle with Forma and my builds are always incomplete. But when I do get Forma the very first thing I Change is my Aura Slot.... lol.... this is something thats hard to justify even to myself but I have to do it eventually so I always Repolarize the Aura slot first... Rip that bandaid off so it doesn't bother me again... 

LoL... I can't convince my friends to do the same and this really hurts us in long runs and Sorties.... and now Arbitrations.

Went with a Limbo, Saryn, Nekros and Volt. 2x CP. The Saryn did most of the killing and armor strip while the Volt locked them down with his 4. As Limbo I just kept everyone in the rift, protected the Kuva towers, stopped the time and revived downed people. You already know what Nekros does.

Just take it easy. Granted we had a good Saryn who kept the enemies dead so it worked out nicely. I could even wander around outside the rift without dying so long as I kept note of where the enemies were.

It was quite a slog though.

1 hour ago, AzureScion said:

Completely unrelated but is this soloable? My net has been a complete mess since the update and I can't stay for longer than a couple minutes without getting migrated (or lost connection and thrown back to the orbiter). I can only play solo missions at this moment.

In theory the 60 min Kuva survival with no LS is soloable with a Nekros but will be very, very hard, since no one will help to protect the Kuva Towers and you need those to provide their 10%.

The friend challenge ofc is not soloable.

OMG, this forum topic just proves the in game descriptions are awful.

Does the game require Survival 60 in one session even? It doesn't say. Is there an in game description of 'life suport modules'? I haven't seen one. The reason for the wiki is cause the game is so bad at telling players what to do or what they can do.

60 mins really isnt new player friendly assuming is in one session. New player alerts replaced by end game season pass. ;s

earlier today me and a clan mate did it: they brought Nekros I had my boo Rhino, we didn't get every kuva siphon or let some get killed (it's an alternate target so why not) pretty much cheesed to 60 minutes. Taveuni is survival so both kuva run and survival one got done in 1 go

you don't need to augment all life support nodes for kuva, we did the first few ones then mostly ignored them

you don't need an optimal squad unless you want to have all the kuva which is not a bad idea, our clan is small and only a couple of active folk who see eachother online very rarely

all you need to do is survive 60 minutes without activating life support; turning them into kuva siphons is ok

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

You should probably read the whole post. The challenge requires you to not use the life support pickups (dropped by enemies). Using hydroid and nekros is the last thing you want because it will increase the life support drops (which you must NOT pick up).

Found the Troll guys... put the pitchforks down. 

Since you can only "use" the towers, because life support dropped by enemy/containers are "picked up", I'm pretty confident the challenge refers to the towers.

9 hours ago, AzureScion said:

Yes, it's easily soloable with a Nekros, but since your connection is bad, it's gonna be hard to keep a friend/clanmate around if you host.

16 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

It's a typo according to you, they need to clarify this. I'm not overreacting, I'm asking for suggestions on how to take this mission (which I think is the point of this forum). How can you typo module instead of capsule? Just use your brain, dude.

We need them to tell us what did they mean with this challenge, because if it's a typo (which we don't know) then good, it's simply another mission (a long one, but still doable). However if it's not a typo, then I'm probably not even going to try.

It's 100% obviously the towers, lol.. i can't even right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagsHype said:

It's 100% obviously the towers, lol.. i can't even right now.

Actually it isn't "100% obviously", It would have been if they had said "activating" instead of "using" as the towers require activation but both can be used. Module it'self is also fairly ambiguous as it refers to something that is at it's core a self contained unit and both the drops and the towers fit that description. 

Now if you don't play survival a lot (as I don't, cause boring) then you might find yourself checking the Wiki because you don't want to spend an hour on a Pass/Fail challenge that might not let you know that you "failed" until you go to leave at the 60min mark....which identifies the Modules as the drops from enemies. Now I do find it kinda ironic when most of the time the generic answer to anyones question is frequently low effort standard substandard "why don't you check the wiki". When in this instance the Wiki would lead you to the incorrect conclusion and suddenly the answer to that is essentially "The Wiki isn't to be relied on ya goof". So which is it? Check the Wiki or don't rely on the Wiki? Both you say? Ok good talk.  

That said having to avoid the drops for 60minutes would both have been a legitimate challenge and virtually impossible so it would be highly unlikely that avoiding the drops would be the case. It would also mean that they would have ironically chosen to cripple the Kuva gathering aspect of the Kuva Siphon mission as you would need to activate the towers for life support. Which would be counter to the whole Kuva Siphon mission being a thing. Which would lead you to the conclusion that it was most probably the towers that the challenge is referring to BUT would you really want to spend 60 minutes to find out that you where wrong if it was actually the drops that you'd been picking up the whole mission that where to be avoided? Or would you just want to check for clarification? 

2 hours ago, Oreades said:

Actually it isn't "100% obviously", It would have been if they had said "activating" instead of "using" as the towers require activation but both can be used. Module it'self is also fairly ambiguous as it refers to something that is at it's core a self contained unit and both the drops and the towers fit that description. 

Now if you don't play survival a lot (as I don't, cause boring) then you might find yourself checking the Wiki because you don't want to spend an hour on a Pass/Fail challenge that might not let you know that you "failed" until you go to leave at the 60min mark....which identifies the Modules as the drops from enemies. Now I do find it kinda ironic when most of the time the generic answer to anyones question is frequently low effort standard substandard "why don't you check the wiki". When in this instance the Wiki would lead you to the incorrect conclusion and suddenly the answer to that is essentially "The Wiki isn't to be relied on ya goof". So which is it? Check the Wiki or don't rely on the Wiki? Both you say? Ok good talk.  

That said having to avoid the drops for 60minutes would both have been a legitimate challenge and virtually impossible so it would be highly unlikely that avoiding the drops would be the case. It would also mean that they would have ironically chosen to cripple the Kuva gathering aspect of the Kuva Siphon mission as you would need to activate the towers for life support. Which would be counter to the whole Kuva Siphon mission being a thing. Which would lead you to the conclusion that it was most probably the towers that the challenge is referring to BUT would you really want to spend 60 minutes to find out that you where wrong if it was actually the drops that you'd been picking up the whole mission that where to be avoided? Or would you just want to check for clarification? 

Do you know how insane it would be to pick up zero drops from mobs in the mission as a task? It doesn't even make sense in the slightest, however, going in with a nekros makes the towers 100% not needed. I don't understand how it's so complicated to figure out, they obviously have typo's.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MagsHype said:

Do you know how insane it would be to pick up zero drops from mobs in the mission as a task? It doesn't even make sense in the slightest, however, going in with a nekros makes the towers 100% not needed.

Clearly I do as evidenced by my initial reply which I assume you read. 

2 hours ago, Oreades said:

That said having to avoid the drops for 60minutes would both have been a legitimate challenge and virtually impossible so it would be highly unlikely that avoiding the drops would be the case. 

16 minutes ago, MagsHype said:

I don't understand how it's so complicated to figure out, they obviously have typo's.

Yes they have typos, typos by their nature make things ...... unclear, that's kinda how typos work and simply saying "well it's obvious which one it is" without validation is little more than taking a guess. That said we have the external verification of the mechanic and hopefully DE will be more specific in the future as to avoid unintended ambiguity.