Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Il y a 4 heures, random__noob a dit :

Overall though, her low range on all of her abilities requires you to get really up close and personal with the enemies, and this pretty much doesnt work very well against high level enemies. She does fine against low to mid enemies, but sortie level already can be a bit of a pain. Even with Primed Vigor and Redirection plus aviator, I didnt feel awefully survivable. Other Frames that dedicate 2 or 3 slots to survivability seem to get more stable results. Pretty much any frame with Quick Thinking, Rage and Primed flow is more survivable it seems.

In fact, the survival rate is good enough (unless you use mods on the shield. Swing your HP and resistance). Due to invulnerability and mystics, it can tank better than inaros. The problem is that we are improving HP and related features. That is, tank on the shields as it was not very good. Personally, I don't understand why release the tank on the shields, give him 300 armor, low HP and leave a lot of vulnerabilities shields. Low levels will not break through. High will make oneshot.(At the same time, none of the Hildryn functions allows to avoid this. You know how to keep supershields at high levels.) 

Sure, I can collect 150% toxin resistance and put 2 mystics against Slash, but the question still remains, why do we need to put mods on shields? 

And Yes, my pet, too, can't tank with shields making them impossible to use without an increase in HP and armor.

Edited by zhellon

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Pause AI does have a history of adding a stealth multiplier.

And the corrupted gunners video, it takes him 3 shots after he’s already stripped their armor.

I hope you aren't implying that the stealth multiplier applies to guns, because only melee receive that. No multipliers in the gifs. Takes the same number of shots with AI on, just not as pretty because they spread out a little.

Using only 1 cast still kills them all in ~7-8 shots, but realistically if they survived the first 2-3 hits you'd already have Pillaged again between shots. Regardless, it is moot point and I used 165 to showcase the damage they do properly modded. You won't encounter enemies of those levels in the wild unless you specifically seek them out through Mot runs. If you do then you are very likely already prepared with 4CP and are trying to justify why you would bring Hildryn when she can't regain her shields anymore (DE Please fix for unarmoured).

2 hours ago, WeaselBoy said:

I hope you aren't implying that the stealth multiplier applies to guns, because only melee receive that. No multipliers in the gifs. Takes the same number of shots with AI on, just not as pretty because they spread out a little.

Using only 1 cast still kills them all in ~7-8 shots, but realistically if they survived the first 2-3 hits you'd already have Pillaged again between shots. Regardless, it is moot point and I used 165 to showcase the damage they do properly modded. You won't encounter enemies of those levels in the wild unless you specifically seek them out through Mot runs. If you do then you are very likely already prepared with 4CP and are trying to justify why you would bring Hildryn when she can't regain her shields anymore (DE Please fix for unarmoured).

Then can you share the build for Balefire and the strength your Hildryn is at so I may test t myself?

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then can you share the build for Balefire and the strength your Hildryn is at so I may test t myself?

Basically its a variation on Triburos's Helicopter Shield Mom, just with more forma because I had nothing better to do and I don't like to half-ass frames I enjoy.

LArDKwu.jpg

Highlights:

• All her abilities except Pillage are channeled, so Duration can take the place of efficiency. Continuity keeps us at neutral drain for Haven and Aegis Storm while also having the secondary benefit of extending Pillage's range. The increase in cost associated with Balefire is offset by the fact that after enemies hit level ~20ish a single Pillage cast is likely going to cap overshields.
  • Again, her abilities are channeled so Energy Conversion just makes sense.
  • Differences from the video build: I don't feel she needs more than Stretch range, but it doesn't hurt. Went with Adaptation instead for obvious reasons of shield having no innate DR. Ice Spring because I like to go fast, and I don't use/like Aegis Storm enough as an ability to warrant the use of Aviator.

To do:

1. Primed Vigor in 20 days. Would need another forma if I intend to keep using Ice Spring, and I do because I am not some plebeian who would use stoop to using Battering Maneuver.
  2. Max Rank Aegis. Barrier feels optional and overkill unless you do extremely hard content. Probably use something else like Consequence because I do so enjoy parkour velocity.

Only real downside is that charging Balefire is a whooping 697 shields per shot, but you shouldn't ever charge Balefire anyways because you get nearly the same dps by tap firing for a fraction of the shield cost.

------------------------

And then her Balefire:

g74vYqt.jpg

The build can actually get by with only 4 forma, 3 forma if you opt for 60/60s (which does bring the status chance up to 'somewhat reliable' levels), but I wanted to fiddle with the Primed Expel mods whenever I finish ranking them up. The gifs I posted earlier were also done with Augur Pact instead of Anemic Agility. Agility is better overall dps and good QoL in regular missions, but you do pay for it with more shield drain. I switch between the two to suit my fancy.

Edited by WeaselBoy

It seems everyone noted that the Alternative Helmet for Hildryn has not been available outside market as it has NEVER YET shown up in wolf cred store. Nobody is confident enough to post about it yet because it is an RNG store, but it's been over a month and nobody has seen it. The wiki still has no data for crafting cost. Can someone on DE's side confirm this is just bad global rng?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

It seems everyone noted that the Alternative Helmet for Hildryn has not been available outside market as it has NEVER YET shown up in wolf cred store. Nobody is confident enough to post about it yet because it is an RNG store, but it's been over a month and nobody has seen it. The wiki still has no data for crafting cost. Can someone on DE's side confirm this is just bad global rng?

They confirmed that the alt helmet would not appear until next the next Nightwave in ~4 weeks.

Edited by WeaselBoy

il y a 8 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Alert App.

And how does that solve the problem of me having to get up at 2: 00 in the morning to pick up my helmet? I understand, of course. But the wave has solved many problems alerts. Especially for those players who lived in unpopular time zones and often saw an empty window instead of alerts.

38 minutes ago, zhellon said:

And how does that solve the problem of me having to get up at 2: 00 in the morning to pick up my helmet? I understand, of course. But the wave has solved many problems alerts. Especially for those players who lived in unpopular time zones and often saw an empty window instead of alerts.

Make the notification a very loud and annoying sound.

DE:Hey Mag

Mag: Yes?

DE: you know that one thing you had, the thing with the shields

Mag: Please no. DE please don't unintentionally nerf me don't you think I've had enough

DE: Vabaun and Wukong are getting lonely in the closet, they need a new friend

Vauban: H-help me..

DE: GET BACK IN THERE *kicks lifeless shell back into the closet*

Mag: Please no.. 

DE: has skillup made a video with you in it?

Mag: No..

DE: then you have no chance. It has to be done.

Wukong: *crawls in eyeshot of DE* need...a..rework..must..have...rework..please daddy DE

DE: GET BACK! OR ILL GET THE NERF STICK!

Wukong: *cowers before threats of nerfs*

DE: thats right..that wasn't that hard was it.

Mag: wait...wait DE I have a content creator who makes videos of quality and they main me. Ashisogi Tenno.

DE: poor fool ashisogi tenno is a mere content creator he isn't a partner so you have no one to save you haha.

Vauban: R-Rahetalius is that you 

DE: Don't you speak that name in this house

Vauban: Yes DE..I apologize

Mag: is this how I go.. 

DE: no, in the DE nerf closet everyone is still viable just in spirit 

Vauban and Wukong: one of us one of us one of us one of us *chanting rhythmically as is fades to black*

I love you guys DE but please help those poor frames in the basement in the nerf closet they need the love only a dev can provide. 

Why does her 2 have a stupid delay? strip the shield and restore it the moment the wave collides with the enemy.

Whats up with her 3? it doesnt do anything other than waste my shields.

Why cant i activate her 2 while in Aegis Storm? "oh durr hurr its because we need to balance to prevent you from staying in aegis storm" you know honestly stupid little balance stuff like this just puts me off the game.

On 2019-04-16 at 11:42 PM, Xaxma said:

joke megathread, devs didn't even take a single suggestion from here to improve her further when she still needs QoL

Considering its 27 pages now, no dev is going to read past the first 5 or 6 pages once they get this big.

This thick lady has replaced my Rhino. My Frost. My Excalibur. She is strong and damn she is usefull. Have not died a single time with her since I got her.

Only issue is her exalted seems to not work on all enemy. Exemple almost all infected boss asside the derelict boss. The weapon  will do 80% some damage then other time nothing at all.

Same thing goes when fighting the jurgonaut to get atlas part.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-05-04 at 7:45 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I actually think she’s one of the better designed frames visually. A lot of small detail.

The main problem is in her proportions that loock very gorilla-like due to the very prominent abdomen pulling in sharply at the crotch, other frames usually reduce or avoid the issue with the presence of codpieces that fit that void thus balancing back the issue

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎24 at 10:02 AM, (XB1)Kirie said:

Mag: wait...wait DE I have a content creator who makes videos of quality and they main me. Ashisogi Tenno.

LoL, now that Ashisogi is a partner, is Mag saved?

More importantly... what happened to Nyx?

Edited by Warhydra

Hi - I really like the design of Hildryn, but there are a few things that slightly annoy me, especially with Aegis Storm: The purely cosmetic second weapon (that you as the player barely see anyway)  is a bit... disappointing - please give us something like an increased firerate or slightly reduced shield costs... Secondly, could you please apply both control schemes (normal/experimental) for this ability? I play a lot of Titania and a bit of Archwing (thanks Larkspur) and I use the experimental scheme, meaning that hitting L1 means going up and X means going down. I always get confused with Aegis Storm because the controls are inversed (probably normal control scheme?).

Well, Hildryn is a really new concept of gameplay. However, it SUCKS against the Infested. (Dealing literally 0 damage with a well-modded Balefire which has a base of 20k damage without stats vs sortie lephantis, this might be a bug though)