Jump to content
[DE]Danielle

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Her 4th is really bad, it's almost like an "I concede"-button as it drains your shields in matter of seconds and keeps draining your shields if you go into operator mode while it's on.

It's almost like you're supposed to unbind your 4th (to not accidentally press it) when using Hildryn, if you don't use a max efficiency/ range build, that is.

Edited by OnlinePhenome
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her 1 seems meh, even staticor is more powerful and versatile and NOT gimping the warframe survivability.

Her 4....errrhmm, I really don't have any idea what its actually supposed to do. Juggling enemy to death and give energy orbs upon death ? Still with small range, I can even count how many times enemy get strucked by her 4

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

During Aegis Storm, can her ascend and descend buttons be the same as archwing please? I don't know why they were switch around but it is very annoying. Thanks.

Edited by (XB1)Aye Dave II
Gratitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried a couple of different builds and this is the one that I run with now:

https://ibb.co/f96kWjC

Balefire has a 3m radius wich becomes 5,75 in my build, that's a very good AOE in my book.
Feels like the fire rate and damage is good enough but it is a bit frustrating to easily get stuck in the charge animation when all I do is tap-fire.
I can use all of her abilities without any problems for shield upkeep, that being said I haven't tried her without arcanes but her 2 does give alot of shields back.
Have run sorties and a couple of Arbitrations with her and I can't think of any major problem.
Only died once so far to Phorid on Sortie 3, I guess any frame would die to his spine strike so no worries there.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When using Balefire in Aegis Storm, the aiming is obscured by her arm, especially before the shot. Then she raises her arm a bit for a few seconds and it at least moves above the reticle, but I feel the field of view is significantly limited by the arm and the body. This is rather inconvenient.

cMZOSGA.jpg

rMeNleN.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the idea but looks like this is another one frame for low and medium levels which you rarely see on high. I hope some of her skills or mechanics will be revised. 

if I correctly understood this frame is positioned as a tank right? So if you make a tank through shields then why give them so little? You already have experience with inaros right? He has ~4-5k health which is reinforced by armor, while Hildryn has the same shields. Considering the fact that shields are much weaker would be worth giving them much more. At high levels you just spam 2 skill, now it is not a tank but just a slightly stronger frame that is constantly trying to survive.

1 skill has an uncomfortable charge mechanics, a small flight speed adds the need to take preemption. Another one staticor? There is a lot of secondary weapons better or more comfortable to use. Shouldn't a unique weapon be special so that players want to use it? There above people already wrote offers to give the chance to use the own weapon during 4. Now I use 1 skill only because I have no choice. It would also be great to make 1 skill stronger in combination with 4. 

2 skill too limited, effectiveness depends on the faction of the enemy, pretty short range. 

3 skill.. Funny damage, funny buff. Seriously what were you counting on? That we will only use it on earth and mercury? There is frames who give more damage. There is frames who give more shields. 3 skill is worthless in my opinion. Someone here has already offered to give her the ability to take the damage received by the allies, but not with the current shields i think, for this they need to be bigger. This ability would make her a more honest tank, who will take damage and guarantee the security of allies. Imho with such skill she will surely find a place in the party. 

4 skill is.. strange. Control? Ok, but flying? She flies like a fat bumblebee, it would be fine if she was more mobile at the same time. Just at the end I will note that all of her AOE skills have a short range. I do not know why this is done, but the range seems to be curtailed in comparison with most of the AOE skills of other frames. So when you use 4 for control, you cannot fly anywhere you want because of the small radius you have to be at the point where you will cover more mobs.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jonas_T_acc said:

Tried a couple of different builds and this is the one that I run with now:

https://ibb.co/f96kWjC

Balefire has a 3m radius wich becomes 5,75 in my build, that's a very good AOE in my book.
Feels like the fire rate and damage is good enough but it is a bit frustrating to easily get stuck in the charge animation when all I do is tap-fire.
I can use all of her abilities without any problems for shield upkeep, that being said I haven't tried her without arcanes but her 2 does give alot of shields back.
Have run sorties and a couple of Arbitrations with her and I can't think of any major problem.
Only died once so far to Phorid on Sortie 3, I guess any frame would die to his spine strike so no worries there.
 

i wish all charge weapons in this game functioned like larkspur. alt fire to change firing mode. it feels fantastic. but self damage decided ill never use larkspur charge mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Haven’t really seen any notable changes (outside of QoL and fixes) to hildryn since her debue. I’m starting to lose hope. She’s fun, but her 3 and ult are a little underwhelming and her lifeline ability (shield pillage) makes her helpless against an entire faction (infested) in late game.

Edited by Shadedraxe
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Shadedraxe said:

Haven’t really seen any notable changes (outside of QoL and fixes) to hildryn since her debue. I’m starting to lose hope. She’s fun, but her 3 and ult are a little underwhelming and her lifeline ability (shield pillage) makes her helpless against an entire faction (infested) in late game.

This is par for the course.  Usually when something is shipped to the console build it's likely to not get touched for several months.  And that's if the community not only hounds DE on a constant basis but DE themselves doesn't have anything major in the pipline to be working on.  This year were likely going to see new war and railjack.  Plus maybe an entirely new open world.  I think they're just churning out warframes as stop gaps for the time being.  Maybe if they actually get the big content out in a reasonable time this year they MIGHT come back and revisit some of the newer frames.  Hopefully also at the same time re doing nyx/titania reworks and addressing people like Vauban and ember.  Wukong rework we know is happening this year.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can say that the Aviator, antitoxin and adaptation is not working badly against the infected. Really need to be a masochist and fly right into the poison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-08 at 2:03 AM, Vargras said:

The screen shake on Haven caused by it tethering to an enemy is utterly excessive in various modes (like Survival, when you're constantly running past several mobs), to the point of being extremely nauseating to someone who isn't normally motion sick.

It makes me not want to touch her at all because of it.

you can deactivate screen shake in graphics options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Hildryn can be built on PS4, a few thoughts:

Her 1:  Tapping the trigger should not count as charging it partially, I hate getting the mini-stagger whenever I fire it.  Additionally, we need a better reason to charge it.

Her 2:  Good, but should function off health when armor/shields are not present.  Don't punish Hildryn players for the squad stripping the enemy's most important defense.

Her 3:  Fun, but the drain is annoying whenever a squadmate is a DPS frame (thus disabling your 2's benefits via lack of enemies), so rather than flipping between on and off, I check for a Saryn/Mesa at the beginning of the mission to decide if I'll use it.  Shield drain per enemy for miniscule damage is annoying.

Her 4:  Kinda cool, but really only useful for CC.  Would be cool to actually use the second Balefire.  No incentive to fly high on a tough target, I recommend height = you and allies bypass a greater percentage of armor when damaging the enemy caught, rather than higher tickle damage.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On one more thought:  please, never again make a frame only available for platinum in the first week it's out.  Feels wrong, smells fishy, do not do it again.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-27 at 6:58 PM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Give Hildryn unlimited archgun ammo on her 4th.

this would be amazing. should also summon archgun when activated.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2019-03-28 at 8:06 AM, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

This is par for the course.  Usually when something is shipped to the console build it's likely to not get touched for several months.  And that's if the community not only hounds DE on a constant basis but DE themselves doesn't have anything major in the pipline to be working on.  This year were likely going to see new war and railjack.  Plus maybe an entirely new open world.  I think they're just churning out warframes as stop gaps for the time being.  Maybe if they actually get the big content out in a reasonable time this year they MIGHT come back and revisit some of the newer frames.  Hopefully also at the same time re doing nyx/titania reworks and addressing people like Vauban and ember.  Wukong rework we know is happening this year.

this was not the case for revenant or garuda. both of those frames saw notable changes within weeks of release.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hildryn's 4 should spawn your archgun without either the segment or a gravimag.    Activating 1 can switch to Balefire if you prefer,  or remain balefire if you were already in it until you deactivate it.    Her big thing is having a personal archgun yet you never get to use it as advertised.  

 

Her Balefire shouldn't cost as much to fire as it does.  It makes me never want to use it despite full Efficiency.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kingsmount said:

Hildryn's 4 should spawn your archgun without either the segment or a gravimag.    Activating 1 can switch to Balefire if you prefer,  or remain balefire if you were already in it until you deactivate it.    Her big thing is having a personal archgun yet you never get to use it as advertised.  

 

Her Balefire shouldn't cost as much to fire as it does.  It makes me never want to use it despite full Efficiency.  

why should hildrun summon an archgun as a 4th ability?! it would be dismal 4th ability and would make hildryn unpopular since EVERY frame can use archguns. i understand larkspur is good and all but it is not that good to the point of wasting an ability slot.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

why should hildrun summon an archgun as a 4th ability?! it would be dismal 4th ability and would make hildryn unpopular since EVERY frame can use archguns. i understand larkspur is good and all but it is not that good to the point of wasting an ability slot.

What on earth are you talking about?   Her 4 is exactly the same,  she just has your equipped archgun drop in.  And no not everybody can.  I doubt a large percentage of players will ever get to use archguns outside of archwing missions,  because requiring you to max out a free roam faction's standing / ranks is tedium of the highest order. 

Edited by Kingsmount

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kingsmount said:

What on earth are you talking about?   Her 4 is exactly the same,  she just has your equipped archgun drop in.

oh know i see what you are asking for. your wanting hildryn to be able to hover around holding people still, while firing your archgun. isn't that a tad bit over powered?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

oh know i see what you are asking for. your wanting hildryn to be able to hover around holding people still, while firing your archgun. isn't that a tad bit over powered?

... no.

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kingsmount said:

... no.

yes it is actually and while looking back to your edited post i do agree it is tedious but i don't agree of adding the ability to hold archgun while in her aegis storm ability as it makes the ability too busy and would give her and unfair advantage to her being able to use archguns in the form while everyone else has to wait to get the ability to use archguns.  

if every frame has to wait for their archgun then hildryn has to do it too. plus the archgun she comes with isn't what hildryn is about, hildryn is about her control of shields.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Better make a archgun on her 1, which also absorbs shields depending on the weapon. Now Balefire is realy fail and no fun. 

Edited by zhellon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this was not the case for revenant or garuda. both of those frames saw notable changes within weeks of release.

True, Hydroid's rework also was spread out between pc and console releases.  But still.  I'd argue that those are exceptions and not the general rule of thumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...