Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Math: Earning 30k Nightwave Standing a Week

dpencil

For Nightwave Season 1, there are 30 tiers that each require 10k standing to progress through for all rewards. Assuming the season lasts 10 weeks, which is expected, this requires a minimum of 30k standing earned per weak. Each week, these are the challenges offered that provide standing:
7 Dailies, each worth 1000 rep
7 Weeklies, each worth 3000 rep
3 Elite Weeklies, each worth 5000 rep
Additionally, Saturn 6 captives have a chance to spawn in any mission or in open world environments. Capturing all three provides 150 standing, (Orb Vallis grants double during the Buried Debts event, I believe: 300)

If a player completes every challenge, this is what they can anticipate earning:
1000 x 7 = 7000
3000 x 7 = 21000
5000 x 3 = 15000
Total = 43000
Plus Saturn 6 captures (anywhere from 750 for 5 captures to 3000 for 20 captures)
So unless someone is getting more than 20 captures a week, a reasonable max would be 46000 a week.

This leaves an extra 13-16k of standing each week that would roll over to Prestige Ranks. A player who earned 46000 a week for 10 weeks would have 460000 standing. Enough to rank to 30, and prestige 16 additional ranks. The main 30 ranks offer 6 sets of 50 Wolf Creds, for a total of 300. Each prestige rank also grants Wolf Creds, a max of 800 additional creds, for a total of 1100 maximum possible creds earned.

Now, for players who will not be trying to max out, but just want to get to 30k each week, these are the ways that is doable:

For every 7 Saturn 6 captures you get, you can remove 1050 required rep for that week.

7 Dalies, 7 Weeklies = 28000 + 14 sat6 caps

7 Dalies, 6 Weeklies, 1 Elite = 30000

5 Dalies, 5 Weeklies, 2 Elite = 30000

6 Dalies, 3 Weeklies, 3 Elite = 30000

5 Weeklies, 3 Elite = 30000

In considering what percentage of content is necessary to complete, this can be looked at either in terms of the number of rep points available, or the number of challenges necessary:

46000 points available - 30000 necessary = 16000. 
30000 / 46000 = 65.2% of the max amount of available points are necessary to be earned. (70% if not counting any sat6 caps)

17 Challenges are available every week. Players will need to complete 14, 12, or 8 challenges, depending on how many Elites they do:
14 / 17 = 82.3% with 0 or 1 elite
12 / 17 = 70.5% with 2 elites
8 / 17 = 47% with 3 elites

Feel free to correct me if I got any calculations wrong and I'll update the OP. I hope this is helpful to those who are interested.

• Like 1

Myself, I didn't get past second tier. The reason being, I don't find random DE programmer telling me to juggle numbers complelling enough reason to do any of it, unless there's something else on the table, like when I'm doing some invasion and do a challenge for nightwave there by accident.

I feel that the old alerts were giving the game a story layer: there was something going on in the system. We were issued tasks to complete by lotus, forming a part of larger whole. With that gone, I look at the system map and though I can go anywhere, there's little reason for me to do it.

Edited by Merrowen
additions.

13 hours ago, Zilchy said:

I'm nearly at rank 14 "shrug"

Fugitives help a lot. 

Well...maybe more than 20 a week isn't going to be unreasonable for some. In any case, it makes for a nice round number, so I'll leave it in the OP. 

13 hours ago, Merrowen said:

Myself, I didn't get past second tier. The reason being, I don't find random DE programmer telling me to juggle numbers complelling enough reason to do any of it, unless there's something else on the table, like when I'm doing some invasion and do a challenge for nightwave there by accident.

I feel that the old alerts were giving the game a story layer: there was something going on in the system. We were issued tasks to complete by lotus, forming a part of larger whole. With that gone, I look at the system map and though I can go anywhere, there's little reason for me to do it.

So you came to this thread just to crap on it...not to add anything to the OP?  Brilliant.  This is why we can't have nice things.  

Edited by Chappie1975
  • Like 1

Thing is, DE very likely: 

а) extend this season (+1-2 weeks), because near its planned end, whining assault will be relentless;

b) next season will be made according to this "feedback" even more trivial, even less grind or all rewards.

Sadly, cry-a-river party already won, speaking on macro-scale.

Edited by le_souriceau

1 minute ago, mawdeeps said:

thanks for backing up what a lot of people have been saying about he elite missions being entirely optional to get all the rewards

Point is, we do not know when this time limited event is going to end, thus nobody can tell whether you have luxury to skip any alerts or not. My guess is, DE is still discussing how long a season should/could last. We will get a second cry wave because...

14 hours ago, Zilchy said:

I'm nearly at rank 14 "shrug"

Fugitives help a lot. 

Hardecores and no lifers rush through tiers, and when they realize in week 7, that they have to wait well over 1 moth(?) for a new season and they earn whooping 5(?) Creds per prestige rank.

1 minute ago, le_souriceau said:

Nightwave system is flawed in its core design, becasue it simply cannot cater to both extremes on the player spectrum: beginners will always be gimped by it, while veterans will be bored to death. At least RNG is fair to everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

Hardecores and no lifers rush through tiers, and when they realize in week 7, that they have to wait well over 1 moth(?) for a new season and they earn whooping 5(?) Creds per prestige 

I was merely adding another perspective to the speculation of what speed players are averaging so far.

Core design of Nightwave is absolutly OK. 

Because in every serious online game some content (timed one INCLUDED!) more or less hard or impossible for total newbies. This is normal.

I started playing WF near Rathuum event and it was time-gated too. And SUPER hard for me at highest levels of it. I suffered to to level of bloody fingers, trying to beat it again and again. But done it. And it was some kind of hard fun. Pride and accomplishment.

Moral of story -- harder concent must be motivation for new players. And I think for logical people it works that way.

"Chronical casuals" and "Oh oh oh I'm princess, can do it, but dont want.." types are another story. They always be whining and never satisfed.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Merrowen said:

This was repeated so many times that I am actually getting sick of it.

1 hour ago, le_souriceau said:

I corrected it for you:
Consumers, and a large portion of the games revenue, have explained that a forced time chore system makes the game play unfun. DE will be listening, and will come to a very fair middle ground.

3 hours ago, simplygnome said:

I corrected it for you:
Consumers, and a large portion of the games revenue, have explained that a forced time chore system makes the game play unfun. DE will be listening, and will come to a very fair middle ground.

a lot of people feel this is already the fair middle ground with no need to do the elite stuff to get all the rewards

4 hours ago, simplygnome said:

I corrected it for you:

This^.  The problem is the increasing timesink activities that eschew, more-and-more, the brand-defining combat-begets-rewards System that made the game great.

I am the loyal, paying Warframe consumer that rewards positive experiences and does NOT pay to avoid negatives. 

6 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Hardecores and no lifers rush through tiers, and when they realize in week 7, that they have to wait well over 1 moth(?) for a new season and they earn whooping 5(?) Creds per prestige rank.

If you think that around 3 hours per week is hardcore or no-life you really have no clue what you are talking about.

Nightwave is as casual as casual can get atm. We are talking about 25 minutes of play per day if you spread it out. It's only the survival elite that wasnt possible to spread out which took a bit more time from the players, but it is still nowhere close to hardcore or no lifer content.

21 hours ago, Merrowen said:

I'm happy to hear that you were able to decide that it's not for you. That's not sarcasm, I am 100% supportive of your decision for your own reasons. I'm saying this, not because I think you need to be told, but because I see other people ragging on you for your choice and your honesty, and I want people to see that not everyone needs to be in agreement all the time for the community to work. There's nothing wrong with opting out if that's what you want to do. 

By opting out you stand as a shining example that shows that we aren't being forced to do any of this. 

21 hours ago, Merrowen said:

While I can see what you're saying, I don't agree fully. For many of us Lotus isn't the one calling the shots anymore, she hasn't been for months. 

While I can accept that it's possible to mimic her instructions based on previous recordings, I can't even tell you how we've been getting those data packages with our orders for the alerts recently. 

It’s possible that Nora is a protégé. It is possible that she's the failsafe, the system that comes online if the Lotus network determines that we need to be "aimed" for the better good. It's possible that she was put there by our enemies to lead us down the wrong path. I don't know. 

But I do know that the Lotus, is one of the most knowledgeable beings in the universe, with a widespread intelligence network, and was capable of managing things all this time when we were asleep, creating a support system with every known faction in the universe to support us when we should have need. I wouldn't put it past her to have made those arrangements, would you? 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
  • Like 1

My hope with this thread was to provide some factual perspective, and a clear road-map for players interested in making it to rank 30. It's too bad that the same rhetorical arguments are getting thrown around in every thread. 

Anyway...
If we consider a minimum level of commitment, we are looking at something like this:
1. You log in at least 3 times a week to get the available dailies done (they stack and last 3 days each). Many of these can be done at the same time, like killing enemies + killing with a certain type of damage + killing while slide attacking, etc. And can generally be done while you are doing whatever else you want to do.
2. You complete all the weeklies in one sitting or spread them out over the week. Here again there can be some overlap.
3. While doing whatever missions you want, you capture fugitives.
4. If you can do any of the Elite Weeklies, this dramatically reduces the amount of other stuff you would need to do. If you can do all 3 Elites, you can skip all the dailies, two of the weeklies, and never worry about capturing fugitives.

So if you hated a few of the challenges, you could ignore them and still be fine, more so, if you can manage to do some or all of the Elite challenges. If you hate all the Elite challenges, you can still get by doing all the other stuff and just keeping up with fugitive captures. 

This math breaks down when you consider the unknown growth spawn rate of the fugitives and the wolf (which also gives standing). 

In the last few weeks we might easily be earning an extra 20-30k standing on just fugitives...