Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 15 Now Live on PC -- What to expect on Consoles!

[DE]Taylor

Hi Tenno,

TennoGen Round 15 has released on PC! For those of you on XB1, PS4, or the Nintendo Switch, I’m sure the question is “when will it be coming to my platform”? 

For Round 14, and now for Round 15, we are handling transfers a little differently than in the past: select items will be transferred after the PC launch, and we will evaluate transferring other items from the round goes on. As the program continues to grow, adjustments like this will need to be made periodically.

Those of you looking for items from Round 14 -- we are still discussing next steps, but any future transfers would come after the first wave of TennoGen Round 15 items!

I know this is a sudden change from how transfers worked in the past, but we appreciate your patience as we iterate on previous learnings. I as much as anyone understand the community’s love for TennoGen, so it's our goal to balance that with program needs where possible. 

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!
:community:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

That's not what they said at all but you can assume that if you want to.

There going to port a small amount of the R15 stuff then "evaluate" the rest of R14/15 stuff afterwards with no guarantee that anything else will be ported - so we're clearly getting less, I think I'm ok with saying "half-a**ed" when describing the console TennoGen ports (at least the R14/15 stuff).

I play through the standalone installer......do I really have to re-download and install via Steam??

I've tried adding -cluster:public -registry:Steam to a new shortcut but it just tries to download & install it again.

All I want is the Nidus Night Hunter skin, I'm literaly going to uninstall it from Steam straight after.

Just seems massively inconvenient.

Edited by KRYPT1KAL

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Muff_A_Fraggle said:

There going to port a small amount of the R15 stuff then "evaluate" the rest of R14/15 stuff afterwards with no guarantee that anything else will be ported - so we're clearly getting less, I think I'm ok with saying "half-a**ed" when describing the console TennoGen ports (at least the R14/15 stuff).

They have always ported the TennoGen to consoles, so no, you are not going to be missing out on anything, they are doing something new with the system. And that small portion could just be the same amount of skins they always partially port over. 

I'm pretty sure it's pretty obvious why they want to try a new way to port TennoGen to consoles, considering how they are always behind. 

11 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

They have always ported the TennoGen to consoles, so no, you are not going to be missing out on anything, they are doing something new with the system. And that small portion could just be the same amount of skins they always partially port over. 

I'm pretty sure it's pretty obvious why they want to try a new way to port TennoGen to consoles, considering how they are always behind. 

So they're going to fix being behind on the ports by slowing the rate at which stuff is ported? I must be missing something as I don't see the logic behind this.  Maybe my concerns are unfounded and all the un-ported TennoGen stuff will make it's way to consoles, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Are you f****** kidding me why the hell would you do that 

Blindly ingnoring that the rest of round 14 is better than round 15 

Why release half a round and the half a round 

So we will get round 14 by 2020 ?? While pc will be on round 25 

Even if you are going to release tennogen on 2 updates why ruin the order ypu choose the items that are going to make you more money thats not only disrespectfull to players choice its also bad for the artist who will be lossing out on any income from their items

Round 14 was accept on november 2018. LAST YEAR !!!! Why in the name of everything isnt round 14 part 2 in this cert update 

This is getting ridiculous what you need to do is get all items from round 14 and 15 in in a separate update and go back to the transfer with pc even better same date release as we were promised and never delivered till now

I'm honestly curious, why are the things from round 14 taking so long to port? A technical issue? Licensing? Does it have something to do with the Nintendo Switch and/or how touchy Nintendo gets when it comes to their products?

If it does have something to do with the Switch, then why not only penalize that console? It seems rather unfair to impose a "nobody gets left behind" policy knowing full well that the Switch isn't quite as agreeable as the long established consoles.

I'm sorry, but this not a good or welcome change. Why do you need to evaluate the releases of content that in the bigger picture, is comparitively minor? Why can't we just get the full Tennogen Rounds like PC does? I understand the certification process presenting issues, but I would rather wait for the full Round than get uncertain trickles. Please, reconsider this. This doesn't feel fair to those, including myself, stuck waiting for those excellent designs to get to us, and with the newfound uncertainty surrounding what makes it and what won't, it makes the idea vastly less appealing in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Its really disappointing to hear that console players will miss out on the Tennogen items as we are still waiting for Round 14 part 2. You have to reconsider this as console players want fashionframe as much as the PC players but limiting what we get because of the platform we own does not make this situation look good.

What are you doing in this 2019 in my point of view?

Tennogen on console is a mess

You released Nightwave, a timed event with an exclusive weapon dropped with silly rates from an enemy that for many is not even spawning...and you should check because it's NOT normal and your RNG programs failed already some times

Release an operation (Shadow Debts) with something you planned so poorly (the scanning of the objects) that you had to manually change it

This makes it very confusing when tennogen is released and shown off on pc then its a guessing game if the skin you want will make it to console. Getting hyped up just to be let down is a big dissapointment. Maybe when the skins are first shown on pc you can clarify which ones are coming to console and which arent. Ive been looking forward to the chroma skin from round 14 and to learn is delayed further hurts especially when i watched tygastripe the other day and he had a old chroma skin thats not on console either. When will old tennogen like this be added? These skins in 4 marketplaces rather than one would help those creator get more acknowledgement.

On 2019-03-14 at 5:09 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Hi Tenno,

TennoGen Round 15 has released on PC! For those of you on XB1, PS4, or the Nintendo Switch, I’m sure the question is “when will it be coming to my platform”? 

For Round 14, and now for Round 15, we are handling transfers a little differently than in the past: select items will be transferred after the PC launch, and we will evaluate transferring other items from the round goes on. As the program continues to grow, adjustments like this will need to be made periodically.

Those of you looking for items from Round 14 -- we are still discussing next steps, but any future transfers would come after the first wave of TennoGen Round 15 items!

I know this is a sudden change from how transfers worked in the past, but we appreciate your patience as we iterate on previous learnings. I as much as anyone understand the community’s love for TennoGen, so it's our goal to balance that with program needs where possible. 

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!
:community:

@[DE]Taylor It would help if you explain why this is happening. For a good long while we have gotten everything PC has gotten from Tennogen, just delayed. Now you are saying we are changing to provide only some items, but still at a delay. How does this improve the process? What are we gaining at the cost of losing some items? Will all those items still come eventually? Why is this happening? How are you deciding which items do come?

Thank you

On 2019-03-14 at 4:09 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

As the community lead for TennoGen, I can shed a bit of light on this situation!

• Actual transfer of items takes time - extra coordination is needed with creators before we can add their creations to the console build.
  • Testing 21 TennoGen items, items that were not made in-house, takes a lot of time to make sure they perform up to standard. Our TennoGen team is pretty thorough in the acceptance process but understandably some issues might go unnoticed. Even after release, extra tweaks are made either by creator request or because of an unforeseen error.

A lot of care is taken in regards to the console Cert schedule to provide our PS4 and Xbox Tenno with new content as quickly as possible, but sometimes concessions need to be made.

I completely understand why you’re disappointed, but our team does their best to ensure that our console Tenno get the best, fully-tested builds as often as they can. We hope you can appreciate the need for compromise here! 

Hello once again. This is an older response from you mid-last year on Round 13 if I remember correctly. I would like a little bit more information regarding the 'perform up to standard' comment.

Does this mean that you (the team) 'debug' each skin? What does 'perform to standard' entail? I am not an expert by far, but I don't understand why attaching a skin to a wire frame that has already been established in the game for years takes so long?

I understand things take time, but what I don't understand is why your team would decide to skip over round 14 items, which your team has spent more time with debugging or testing or seeing if items perform properly, and skip to round 15 items which are newer and need testing. Wouldn't this start the process over again? I think it would push Tennogen back another three months if every tennogen item needs testing.

• Like 1