Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star boss should drop Fish components and gems just like Exploiter

Chaos.Blades

The Exploiter Fish and Gem drops have been great to make fishing and mining in Orb Vallis more of an optional activity rather than a requirement for those that don't particularly enjoy that content. Since Plague Star is POEs most similar event the boss for that event should have a similar drop table to make POE fishing and mining more optional as well.

P.S. Plague Star when?
P.P.S Plague Star should be an automatic event just less frequent than Ghouls.

5 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

If anything, Plague star boss (Hemocyte)  should drop LOTS OF MUTAGEN SAMPLES (For Hema research)

Because it fits....and it is needed.

^ +1

for resources of POE, we need grineer PoE-field-boss, like stomp-tank from DEVstream

if we get new large Enemies on Earth when Earth is finished in being completely rebuilt from scratch - i would expect such Resources to be tied to those, rather than any of the Enemies we currently have on Earth (Eidolons, Hemocyte). as it wouldn't make sense for those.

Plague star boss gave standing with Nakak's Operational Supplies where you could buy gems and fish parts.  Each run gave 3000 Standing which allows you to buy 4 items from Heart Nyth, Radian Sentirum, Norg Brain, Cuthol Tendrils & Murkray Liver at 750 each.  In a roundabout way it already does what you ask.

Honestly I think that the Exploiter Orbs drops are ridiculous and they should give points like Plague Star which gives you points which you then redeem for gems and such.  The Exploiter Orb is dropping so many gems that it's ruining the value of standing and leading to a sort of standing version of inflation.  People are building up enough gems that they can max out their daily standing for weeks.

I spent a good amount of time trying to get to max rank only to have an event that gives me enough gems (and them some) to max out daily standing within 30-40 mins of doing a single mission, especially with how nova erases 1/3 to 1/2 of the boss fight in 2 seconds.  How many ranks ups could I have done with my gem cushion, especially because there is no barriers to get the sacrificial materials needed to rank up because you can straight buy or grind for them from bounties.  It's like my time and effort from before was worth nothing.  I don't like that.

I kept doing plague star to easily get resources (for ranking up and crafting) that I would have to fish for using bait that I would need rep to buy the bp for and other fish parts (from fish i'd need other bait for).  The exploiter orb event just gives me everything, it's boring.  The only thing keeping me going rn is the rare drops like the articula and walking fx bps.

Edited by Insizer

4 hours ago, Katinka said:

Plague star boss gave standing with Nakak's Operational Supplies where you could buy gems and fish parts.  Each run gave 3000 Standing which allows you to buy 4 items from Heart Nyth, Radian Sentirum, Norg Brain, Cuthol Tendrils & Murkray Liver at 750 each.  In a roundabout way it already does what you ask.

This. 

8 hours ago, Katinka said:

Y-yeah... now remind me the cost. How much gems you can buy from a single maxed (which is stupidly difficult in compare) run?

Exploiter dropping all those resources was the dumbest thing ever.

(Insert Hema Excuse)

Don't like fishing? fine. Don't like mining? fine.

There are other ways to attain those items but DE took a huge dump on players who actually put time into those things. Not that I'm surprised.