Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Game-breaking] [Bug] Broken/Stuck Doors (Main Thread)

MetalDeath

I've had it happen solo play and in groups. Few times it seemed to occur when the door opens right as a lockdown triggers. It slams shut but the light stays green instead of going yellow. Once lockdown is cleared continues to remain closed.

Workaround for hosts: The hosting player need to use Nova, Loki, Nova Prime, or Loki Prime.

Ares (Mars) sabotage and Titan (Saturn) sabotage are badly affected over 90% of the time.

I found this most frequently happens in Sabotage, rescue, and can sometimes happen to exterminate. There appear to be a problem on a specific door on Grineer Gallion and Grineer Settlement on mars. Does this problem have something to do with this game, on client side, trying to double locked friendship doors with no terminals?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/407104948
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/407109369
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/407304037

This have happens to Ara Mars, a capture mission, where one player that joined mid game, even though other players passed through this door just fine. Although this happening on Capture mission is very rare, less then about 2% of the time.

Workaround for host: the hosting player use Nova Prime, Loki Prime, Nova, or Loki. Use wormhole / switch teleport ability.

Most frequently happen on Ares (Mars) (sabotage) and Titan (Saturn) (sortie sabotage), and bugged door(s) happen over 90% of these specific missions. Host see open, others see locked closed.

Edited by sam686

in a mars mission have a green door, above the an opem area with white parapets, this door DON'T OPEM for me, and in a Relic Fissure quest it occurred the same problem with me and 3 another person, BUT, the forth member can pass the door.

So this bug started popping up, but has worsened since, Update 24.4.

The bug luckily is easily identified thanks to when it started popping up, and now having greater time to test I can confirm that my initial suspicions of what is wrong and make an informative bug report.

Before doors were client authoritative sometimes they would lag to open or simply not open, due to connectivity issues. This could be worked around by a host walking over and letting the person through. When they were shifted over the opening of doors was made completely client side, but this prevented the work around. It is clear to see certain doors did not receive this change however, these doors tend to be the round Grineer doors. I have not seen this happen on any other doors to date. It also seems to only happen on some tiles.

Some further observations, it seems the doors when they will not open for clients, appear closed despite a host stepping through what is, for them, an open door. Speaking to the possible sign that nothing is being sent of the door between the clients and the host. This speaks to a whole other potential problem, such as potentially not being able to fire weapons through doors opened by allies, but I never have encountered such an issue myself yet. In other words, check the infested Grineer and Grineer tile sets for doors not faithfully open for clients, as I would almost bet on no such checks are being done for clients at all, likely because they are relying on the old host authoritative method still, which is no longer present.

Today's sortie, the first two missions had them game breakingly bad. An IRL friend was able to invite me to mission on the far side of the door so we could complete, but all the clients could NOT pass through the door at all if they spawned in on "wrong" side.

This happened to me 4 out of 5 Rescue Fissure missions I just did. It was in a Grineer tileset, on Saturn.

Only way we can extract to claim our relics is to have all but one person die.

It usually seems to happen to a door that's "after" the tile where the captive is being held. Between that tile and the extraction point somewhere. I've always been able to get to the captive, but 80% of the time I can't get out.

Edited by Shoruke

I also wanted to chime in on the matter of broken doors. So, as it has already been described thoroughly by other people of this thread, it seems only the Host can walk through all doors unabated, but sometimes because I should probably emphasis that it doesn't ALWAYS happen, but sometimes the doors will remain "locked" for other squad-mates.

A "partial" fix on the host's end is to be Nova and to provide a Wormhole for HER squad, since it is unaffected on the Host's end, and can provide a means to the exit for the others.

Of course, this isn't what people want to have to do, because this bug isn't widespread enough to be a hindrance for the whole community, but is still a blight enough that it should be addressed posthaste.

I have been testing this bug like crazy and here is some of what I found:

• It only applies to the small around Grineer Doors. In fact the only reason I avoided it until now I think, is I almost never do Grineer or Infested Grineer nodes outside of alerts (now basically gone) sorties, or invasions.
  • It only happens on some tiles.
  • It is most likely related to the client authoritative changes made in Update 24.4, since I started to notice it to a small degree around then during Onslaught, but didn't have any major issues with it until today when doing sorties. I sort of let it go without reporting for so long because I had no way to work out suspicions of cause and effect. Just saying "This isn't working" doesn't offer much help to DE unless you can point at some cause and effect suspicions and how to maybe reproduce it.
  • The doors it affects seem fairly consistent, but didn't immediately seem so until, after exhaustive testing, that it doesn't matter what side of the door you are on, if it is a certain door on a certain tile you will usually have this problem. Let's just say this was a lot of work to test since, well, procedural generated missions.

I would like to confirm this bug. 

Here is how i repo:

1. Host invites me to group.
2. Host starts any of the "The New Strange" quests.
3. some doors wont open for me but do for the host.

Hopefully this helps 

A bit late, but can confirm this is still an issue. Just did 3 fissure missions here, and every single time, this happened. First time, I had to die so the host could finish it solo. (you still get the rewards, as long as you have 10 reactant) Second time, I was the host, so I had to finish it solo; everyone else just sorta left. And third time, I had to abandon, because we were all stuck on the other side of the door, and there were no enemies spawning that could kill us. 

It's a pretty random and somewhat aggravating bug to deal with, for sure.

You can actually complete the mission. Everyone, besides the person who can pass bugged doors, have to let themselves die. Simply by exposing themselves to enemies. You wait until you bleed out. When 3 people die, the alive one can extract.