Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ephemera way to rare?

Rhundis

I find that DE's decision to make a majority of ephemera a 2-5% drop chance from sources that are tedious to farm in the first place a general slap in the face to not only the players, but the people who designed them in the first place. What's the point of having an effect you designed in game if a majority of players can't see or enjoy using it?

I'd be much happier having a higher drop chance or a better way of obtaining them, (tradeable "rip my wallet" , achievement based, etc) as I guarantee only a small percentage of the playerbase has one in the first place.

Granted I can understand unique ones such as the Stalkers smoke effect being difficult to obtain but generic elemental effects (lightning, ice, fire, etc) should be much more common.

Edit: Sorry for not making it clearer earlier but what I'm trying to portray is a set reward point for obtaining them. It's the RNG element that's bothering me, which simply brings the reward value down to how "lucky" you are vs actual game skill. 

If DE could tie them into set Achievements it would give a fixed goal to strive for vs the mental dilemma of "will I get it this time?" outcome. Achievements like back in the day where people would run 100+ waves of ODD just to see who could last the longest. You know stuff you can strive for not guess at.

Edited by Rhundis
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, IceFire909 said:

That being said, they should at least drop built instead of giving you a blueprint..

Agreed. The build time is 3 whole days too. The drop, given the low chance of such, should be an instant reward.

• Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb IceFire909:

That being said, they should at least drop built instead of giving you a blueprint..

Why? So everybody with a bit of luck can get the visual clutter?

No, they are fine the way they are, they require luck and dedication to effort them.

• Like 2

I HATE how they require luck, I made a really reasonable suggestion to have them be a syndicate offering from logical location for rewards that are difficult to get and that require a lot of time and dedication to get, so they act as trophies rather than luck-based. But yeah even tho some liked what i said doubt DE would implement it.

What a wrote here:

Spoiler

Edited by AwkwardLazarow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

I HATE how they require luck, I made a really reasonable suggestion to have them be a syndicate offering from logical location for rewards that are difficult to get and that require a lot of time and dedication to get, so they act as trophies rather than luck-based. But yeah even tho some liked what i said doubt DE would implement it

Yeah, they promoted them as being merit-based. Like something you can be proud of. Right now, these ones are rng + grind. I guess there's still that feeling of pride after going through that grind, but it isn't the same as the original concept. Fortunately though, they did say the later ephemeras they're releasing (like the sentient one they showed off in the latest stream) will be merit-based as originally promised, so that's cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Everything in this game is based on chance and rng. This is literally just an entitled thread of how you feel you deserve the drop just because.

Play the game. If you don't get it, it's not the end of the world.

Well then...

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Everything in this game is based on chance and rng. This is literally just an entitled thread of how you feel you deserve the drop just because.

Play the game. If you don't get it, it's not the end of the world.

I don't think as a whole they are too rare - but 1.01% on Rotation C of ESO is just a troll move by DE.

As for "everything being based on chance and rng" that's not true - for example you can buy one ephemera from arbitration for a set amount of vitrus. 

One of DEs descriptions for Ephemeras including the word "achievement" - and in my mind there is no achievement in waiting to get struck by lightning whild slogging through 25 minutes of Saryn and meming strike.

Having something like ephemeras be an "achievement" would, in my OPINION, be something like "you get xyz after doing 100 rounds of ESO to wave C" - where the term is defined and the progress can be tracked.

Having done 85 (+/- 5 ) rounds so far of ESO to wave C since the ephemera was placed there and being no closer to getting it than when I started feels pretty crappy.  And having done all this before for the vandals, then again for the peculiars feels extra painful.

And sitting on stacks of peculiars now, and even more stacks of captura scenes (really DE, why do we need 100+ lua balcony scenes again?), and more radiant relics than I could open in my lifetime does nothing but enforce the idea that some RNG can be taken way too far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Having done 85 (+/- 5 ) rounds so far of ESO to wave C since the ephemera was placed there and being no closer

You are no closer and no further.. Also, the fact that everyone tries to hyper analyze ever single thing DE says word for word has made them go as far as clarifying, Warframes don't have concrete themes on Dev stream. The devs literally tiptoe on words now because of how the community twists an interpretation to align with their agenda. 

I understand your frustration but understand that there is perceived value in rarity. Also, it's purely cosmetic.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru

The only one I think is an issue is the ESO one from rotation C, which I'm still trying to get a hold of.

Other than that I got them all in less than a week after they came out since they have methods that make them easily farmable. Of course RNG will make that easier or harder for some, but in general most of them aren't too bad. They're also advertised to be for high end, dedicated players. They weren't going to just throw it at you with a "congratulations you've reached MR 8!" message.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I don't think as a whole they are too rare - but 1.01% on Rotation C of ESO is just a troll move by DE.

As for "everything being based on chance and rng" that's not true - for example you can buy one ephemera from arbitration for a set amount of vitrus. 

One of DEs descriptions for Ephemeras including the word "achievement" - and in my mind there is no achievement in waiting to get struck by lightning whild slogging through 25 minutes of Saryn and meming strike.

Having something like ephemeras be an "achievement" would, in my OPINION, be something like "you get xyz after doing 100 rounds of ESO to wave C" - where the term is defined and the progress can be tracked.

Having done 85 (+/- 5 ) rounds so far of ESO to wave C since the ephemera was placed there and being no closer to getting it than when I started feels pretty crappy.  And having done all this before for the vandals, then again for the peculiars feels extra painful.

And sitting on stacks of peculiars now, and even more stacks of captura scenes (really DE, why do we need 100+ lua balcony scenes again?), and more radiant relics than I could open in my lifetime does nothing but enforce the idea that some RNG can be taken way too far.

This guy gets it.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

The only one I think is an issue is the ESO one from rotation C, which I'm still trying to get a hold of.

Other than that I got them all in less than a week after they came out since they have methods that make them easily farmable. Of course RNG will make that easier or harder for some, but in general most of them aren't too bad. They're also advertised to be for high end, dedicated players. They weren't going to just throw it at you with a "congratulations you've reached MR 8!" message.

Well why not? I mean obviously not for MR8 but I'd consider MR21+ to be something, or even MR27. It gives a meaning for people to gain mastery other than a number next to your name. (Excluding slots and standing)

35 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They’re supposed to be rare. They’re prestige items, not a super easy “anyone can get this” accessory.

But anyone can get them currently. Its just up to RNGesus whether or not you get it.

if you think the chance to get them is low, then you never tried to get the parts for an other broken war...

but compared to the ephemera the sword has even some practical use - not that i mind getting those cosmetics myself though...

I really wish the ephemera could be earned rather than pot luck. Make them purchasable with excess argon crystals (after doing random missions in the void I usually have a dozen or so unnecessary ones that just fade away...) or vitus essence or ... I don't care but the 2% drop chance in Arbitration C (the only ephemera I actually want) is turning out to be painful RNG :-(

16 hours ago, Rhundis said:

Well why not? I mean obviously not for MR8 but I'd consider MR21+ to be something, or even MR27. It gives a meaning for people to gain mastery other than a number next to your name. (Excluding slots and standing)

I would have no problem with them making additional ones that are truly locked as a "veteran" reward, but that apparently wasn't the plan for these ones so I see no reason why they should change it.

As an MR reward it's hardly a challenge though for most of them. Back in the day getting to MR 8 was considered a challenge for most when it came out. Then, as the max MR went up the ease of obtaining any rank below the max becomes easier and easier because we're flooded with items to easily level. Login days is meaningless because I know many people that go out of their way to get the login reward every day but only play about once a week, if that. I would say in-game time may be more accurate of a 'veteran' gauge, but even then it can't really be a good unit of measurement unless the clock has always stopped with AFK timer (which didn't even always exist). 

I'd likely qualify under most of that 'type' of criteria they could pick so it doesn't really bother me one way or the other, but I still prefer rewards on the merits of accomplishment in mission rather than the accolade of a number that means nothing for actual skill or challenge.