Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nintendo Switch Migration???

Zeoran

For those of us who were unemployed when the Switch came out and couldn't afford to get one but want to get one now that they are employed, does DE have any plans to allow us to migrate our PC accounts over again or is this feature closed off for all eternity???

Same that happens to all people who didn't have a switch at the time, regardless of the reason? Same as all console players who never even have such a chance?

Tough luck, honestly. These deals don't care for individual circumstances and they are driven by business strategies, aka grofit.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

I understand how it is with certain situations, but I don't understand why they couldn't leave the migration option open.  I'm not a programmer, but I've been a PC tech for over 28 years.  If they built the program/method to convert the accounts to begin with, why does it have to be time related?  If it's something that requires manual effort on their end, then I can understand making it temporary but that also means they could bring it back like once a year. Otherwise, it just sounds like they're doing it strictly for profit at the cost of the player experience or because DE personally believes that they shouldn't have ever offered the ability but only did so to drive support/traffic/sales during the initial launch. 

• Like 1

I wish I could play my account on multiple devices. Sometimes I just really don't want to sit at the PC, instead just go on my switch and farm low level materials or level vent kid standing.

3 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

If it's something that requires manual effort on their end, then I can understand making it temporary but that also means they could bring it back like once a year. .

Or it requires much more effort than we can speculate on and is unfeasible to do again at all.

3 hours ago, Zeoran said:

I understand how it is with certain situations, but I don't understand why they couldn't leave the migration option open.  I'm not a programmer, but I've been a PC tech for over 28 years.  If they built the program/method to convert the accounts to begin with, why does it have to be time related?  If it's something that requires manual effort on their end, then I can understand making it temporary but that also means they could bring it back like once a year. Otherwise, it just sounds like they're doing it strictly for profit at the cost of the player experience or because DE personally believes that they shouldn't have ever offered the ability but only did so to drive support/traffic/sales during the initial launch. 

It's not solely based on the effort of doing so but the legal issues with the platform owners Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Allowing players to freely migrate between platforms means a potential loss of profit for them.

Then there is also the technical issues of them being on different versions and platform exclusives.

I don't get the augment as to why it shouldn't come back since DE locked plat, rivens, arcanes, Clans and IIRC prime parts from the transfers. But it's DE's call and they certainly gave people enough time to transfer as it was. I didn't and still don't own a Switch and I'd like to copy my account over but if not, whatever. 

I just did get a Switch yesterday, well because I thought why not.

Then I realized that I maybe wanted to start playing Warframe again... but no mitagration is a no go for me. Already started from scratch when I went from PS4 to PC, not inclined to do it again.. unless I wanted to make a totally free acc. :)

But that would that would mean no primes, no rivens and so on :)

Meh, it happens. I had several Primes and plat on my old PS4 account which I couldn't bring to PC.

Data migration is not a simple task, it places a lot of pressure on the DBAs which doesn't deliver much tangible return, hence the limited duration. I think if it's still in demand then DE should cost it out and set a fee, like they do for clan emblems etc. Also, are we sure this is entirely DE's decision, or has Nintendo also set limitations?

11 minutes ago, Dreamforger said:

But that would that would mean no primes, no rivens and so on 🙂

All Rivens, arcanes from eidolons, acolyte mods, legendary cores didn't transfer anyway so those trade markets wouldn't be hustled.

On 2019-05-02 at 6:16 AM, Zeoran said:

I understand how it is with certain situations, but I don't understand why they couldn't leave the migration option open.  

It's not simple as copying the data over. They need to sync the account with the current Switch version and remove items that will upset the economy of a newer game base - all extra work that takes time away from the usuals with little tangible returns. 

Edited by (NSW)Lunavay

37 minutes ago, (NSW)Lunavay said:

I guess you it doesn't hurt to ask DE. With enough people, may be they'd consider doing another round of migration? 

It's not technically impossible but requires a lot of work on DE's part.

They might buuut the primary function of the migration at is to make sure the new platform has enough seeded interest from the existing playerbase so it doesn't totally implode in short order. 

So the only time I could imagine them possibly executing another migration would be if the platform in question where in dire straits population/profit wise to the point that their two choices are "Try a Migration and see if that works" or "Abandon the platform all together" 

19 minutes ago, Oreades said:

They might buuut the primary function of the migration at is to make sure the new platform has enough seeded interest from the existing playerbase so it doesn't totally implode in short order.

Every new game starts with 0 existing player. They also treat it as a new game (rightfully so) with its economy. I don't see how they need seeded interest though I do see what you mean. 

Edited by (NSW)Lunavay
Typo

I used a friend to make my switch account and then transfer, had to wait months to actually play it. 

I immediately made a PC account once I heard about Switch port. 

Going to Switch with all Prime Access sense Limbo. MR 0 with Pyrana, Rubico, and Redeemer Prime many higher MR were confused how I could have them. 

Had to work overtime and make the necessary decisions, I could have had a Switch sooner, or the things in the game now, but play later. 

Everywhere I've been is hiring in every town.. .  Not everyone's life pans out..  I could have been a founder rather than buying Elder Scrolls Online Deluxe.. . 

I've also been homeless in Baltimore 1500 miles from my family. 

This is one lesson in life for you. 

If console transfers happen again.. . It may not be for a long time. I could maybe see Xbox & PS when they move to next generation allowing a window for PC again also, but Switch is young yet. 

DE has always sounded like it's unlikely, but have also said, "don't say never." Or something along those lines. 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

I've been debating on getting a Switch, but I know that if I do, I'm going to want to play Warframe on it.  And the lack of account migration is a DEAL-BREAKER for me.  Thing is, I WOULD GLADLY ***PAY*** for the ability to migrate my account, so long as it was reasonable. $25 or so.  They could possibly push the price to $50 but it would have to come with like 500 free platinum or something to entice at that high of a price.