Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grinlok Build, need help

Gruiz

Question

20h7hb4.jpg

Note: Riven is +208% Damage, +180% CC

I need advice on what should i do with this build. I got Primed Shred and Primed Cryo Rounds which i want to put into the build yet i don't know which ones should i replace.

Any advice or suggestions?

I put viral over corrosive on slower fire rate weapons, and aim for other forms of armor shredding. That'll boost the damage if you need it. It's also totally okay to throw Primed Cryo on by itself and use Vile Acceleration instead of another elemental mod for more damage output. Reload isn't a direct counterpart to Fire Rate modding (think CC vs CD vs Status) because they are independent of eachother on all weapons currently. It'll be affected by ammo-related attributes just the same as everything else is. Cold is strong on shields, alloy armor, and benign on most enemies w/o bonus + has a decent status. You might have to shoot more often but that should make it feel better to shoot at all, given Grinlok's semi-auto firing.

Just a tip: 165% cold gives enough status proc bias for Viral to drop 60/60 Rime Rounds on most weapons, so it's fine here to boost your damage by a lot and gives truer damage (flesh bonus). The difference is that Magnetic is Viral's cousin for Corpus, while Corrosive is more benign or useful on all enemies except infested (save ancients, which will die from damage and viral easily). I'd just set different configs for factions if that's a problem for you.

Edit: I have not used Prisma Grinlok at all, and barely touched Grinlok (not worth the catalyst). But I know my weapons.

Edited by Kilsety

The build looks like it would perform well as it is, but if you really want one of those mods I say take out high voltage and put the mod you want, viral would come in nice but punch through+fire rate is also nice. But if you really want to put one of those mods then that is what I suggest but the build is good as it already is

This may sound weird but one option would be to toss out Point Strike,
you've got two (superior) sources of +Crit Chance already that let you reach the "comfort zone" of 100% Crit,
so while you'd be nixing your (unreliable) Orange Crit chances, you'd still do just fine on Crits, really.

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

you've got two (superior) sources of +Crit Chance already that let you reach the "comfort zone" of 100% Crit,
so while you'd be nixing your (unreliable) Orange Crit chances, you'd still do just fine on Crits, really.

This is completely true. Replace it with heavy caliber. The accuracy debuff won't be hurt you in most situations.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Replace it with heavy caliber. The accuracy debuff won't be hurt you in most situations.

Dunno 'bout that, on a big-single-shot Crit weapon with good natural accuracy, you kinda want (the option for) headshot pwnage.

Also, there's already two sources of +Damage so adding a third would give quite diminished returns.

(Plus not least, OP kinda already has two Mods in mind they'd want to use instead.)

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Crit and status chance can go down to 70% on a weapon like this and still be fine. 

Unreliable Crit on a non-bullet-hose weapon.

Urgh. No. Please no.

Edited by NinjaZeku

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

Dunno 'bout that, on a big-single-shot Crit weapon with good natural accuracy, you kinda want (the option for) headshot pwnage.

Also, there's already two sources of +Damage so adding a third would give quite diminished returns.

(Plus not least, OP kinda already has two Mods in mind they'd want to use instead.)

A little spread with 2 or 3 projectiles actually helps with headshot consistency in normal tiles. I personally dislike depending on headshots. 

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Then vigilante armaments and duel stat mod of choice?

Again, not a fan of unreliability, only a 50% chance to fire a third shot,
that works ~well enough for a bunch of Full-Auto guns, but here, why not go for
something that works 100% of the time, like that Primed Cryo Rounds the OP is considering?

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

So, 130% Crit Chance is unreliable in so many scenario? If its true, then i guess ill replace point strike with Primed Shred. Thanks!

5 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

A little spread with 2 or 3 projectiles actually helps with headshot consistency in normal tiles. I personally dislike depending on headshots. 

Not my playstyle. My playstyle is getting headshot without depending on spread

5 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Okay, you want that corrosive. I see what's goin' on here. 

I used viral because i can 1 shot 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner when both of them proc.. because Prisma Grinlok has bigger slash proc that help

I got 14000 Slash damage per tick

4 hours ago, Kilsety said:

I put viral over corrosive on slower fire rate weapons, and aim for other forms of armor shredding. That'll boost the damage if you need it. It's also totally okay to throw Primed Cryo on by itself and use Vile Acceleration instead of another elemental mod for more damage output. Reload isn't a direct counterpart to Fire Rate modding (think CC vs CD vs Status) because they are independent of eachother on all weapons currently. It'll be affected by ammo-related attributes just the same as everything else is. Cold is strong on shields, alloy armor, and benign on most enemies w/o bonus + has a decent status. You might have to shoot more often but that should make it feel better to shoot at all, given Grinlok's semi-auto firing.

Just a tip: 165% cold gives enough status proc bias for Viral to drop 60/60 Rime Rounds on most weapons, so it's fine here to boost your damage by a lot and gives truer damage (flesh bonus). The difference is that Magnetic is Viral's cousin for Corpus, while Corrosive is more benign or useful on all enemies except infested (save ancients, which will die from damage and viral easily). I'd just set different configs for factions if that's a problem for you

Does forma a slot to D polarity (for primed cryo) will hurt me when i want to change it to gas occasionally?

Just now, Gruiz said:

So, 130% Crit Chance is unreliable in so many scenario? If its true, then i guess ill replace point strike with Primed Shred. Thanks!

Not my playstyle. My playstyle is getting headshot without depending on spread

I used viral because i can 1 shot 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner when both of them proc.. because Prisma Grinlok has bigger slash proc that help

I got 14000 Slash damage per tick

Does forma a slot to D polarity (for primed cryo) will hurt me when i want to change it to gas occasionally?

I can answer this best by saying adding a riven basically forces 2 forma on the weapon for normal builds (highest efficiency / per-drain bonus on mods, i.e. no Split Chamber). Primed mods are like 3 forma per 2 primed equipped. So you might need to forma the P. Grinlok to all slots for it to work, but Deadly Sequence is super cheap to put on, so I don't know. At a glance, it looks like you'd need 2 forma for Vaz/Madurai minimum to put on Primed Cryo without having to think. If you use Primed Shred ever, that's 3, and then I think you never need to worry about mods unless you wanna ditch SC for raw damage (90% eles for Gas/etc. instead of 60/60s).

60/60 is better for status procs like Viral and Corrosive, but for a crit Gas build I would definitely prefer 90% eles because the Gas comes from initial hit/never reliant on status chance for true gas damage. With a small amount of SC the gas procs on crit do deal a lot of AOE damage. If going gas for the status / basically for toxin damage, you don't need heat damage so that's a Naramon or two saved unless you want to do something other than a cold hybrid + toxin, like gas/elec instead of mag/tox (mag/tox is better when you overload toxin damage on a status weapon). If you'd just drop Primed Cryo for the gas and not use a 3x ele setup, you might be able to save another forma. 2 is probably necessary period.

Keep in mind most of my project weapons (I'd probably try it w/this since this is a prisma weapon, I just can't get one) I sink 4 to 6 forma into, sometimes 8+. A weapon that can use just 1 at most is a strong weapon for cheap (60/60s and Vigi + fire rate on Gorgon Wraith), but 150-200+ plat equivalent (forma bundles, cata, riven, baro or trade value, even if all self-earned) isn't a big surprise.

Most of my post was for general modding or weapon building tips, to give you a clear idea of cost. It's never really worth using 90%s over 60/60s if you have just enough status chance because of the forma involved. But if you go all the way with forma'ing, you can do anything you want unless you use Heavy Caliber or something with a riven that has some kind of CC/CD/MS mix and no %DMG. Heavy Cal/Magnum Force/so on is worse because it'll be harder to mod, more .expensive, worse weapon stats with that type of riven than with Vigilante Armaments/Lethal Torrent or Augur Pact and a %DMG riven, always, so I don't recommend worrying.

If you forma 3 more times Vaz/Mad/Mad or maybe Vaz/Mad/Nara (for 90% ele) then you might be able to use any build on it with a 7-drain on Vaz. Also, without corrosive armor strip the slash damage is gonna dip into their armor and the proc damage is reduced. What # you see is very different from what the enemy is actually taking. 60/60 viral setup beats Hunter Munitions, but I don't know if a Slash Status build wouldn't require Corrosive or some kind of armor strip for it. Up to a point, Viral is worse (especially because you're using your SC to proc the slash damage; viral doesn't need much SC)

Edited by Kilsety

Il y a 10 heures, Gruiz a dit :

Note: Riven is +208% Damage, +180% CC

So much damage and critical chance could be really nice with a hunter munitions build (+ viral then). Slash isn't your primary dmg source so it wouldn't lead to much conflict. I've found Grinlok to be really nice as a huge bleed generator. ^ ^

Edited by 000l000

Just now, CharcoalNuggets said:

If your riven is exactly 180% critical chance, you can take off point strike and still have 100.8% critical chance. Perhaps you can switch this one out for your primed shred. 

That's what I'd do.  In fact, it's what I actually have done with a CC/MS riven on the Grinny.  I'm not sure if it's truly the most efficient option, but I really don't like playing slow ranged weapons without punch through.  Plus...there's few pleasures in the game like getting double- or triple-headshots.  

In any case, the extra RoF makes it a more powerful and user-friendly weapon. 

what's neat for you, is that you don't need Point Strike. and 30% double Crits isn't that consistent. you can use that Mod Slot for more consistent Damage and profit.
you could take that as an opportunity to add Shred, more Elemental Damage, a Slash Mod, Bladed Rounds, even Hammershot might be kinda appealing.

oh, i see i'm not the first to suggest taking advantage of not needing Point Strike. :)

10 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I personally dislike depending on headshots. 

best to utilize non Crit Weapons if one doesn't want to use Headshots, from my perspective. 

10 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Crit and status chance can go down to 70% on a weapon like this and still be fine. 

Grinlok literally shoots slower than Sniper Rifles, which already basically deal no Damage when they don't Crit. i... really don't support any frame of mind that sees using a Sniper Rifle being acceptable when you're just dumping Ammo as fast as possible hoping that one of the Shots Crits so that the Enemy gets deleted.
making a Sniper Rifle an RNG cannon just doesn't sound appealing at all to me.

4 hours ago, Kilsety said:

60/60 is better for status procs like Viral and Corrosive, but for a crit Gas build I would definitely prefer 90% eles because the Gas comes from initial hit/never reliant on status chance for true gas damage. With a small amount of SC the gas procs on crit do deal a lot of AOE damage.

i think both schools of thought for Gas are good choices - you either gamble on Gas Status that will explodify Enemies, but don't apply it often, or apply it more often but not as strong.
with being able to have high Crits and Status though, i don't think you lose out on much of anything if you apply the Gas Status more often vs going full gamble.

52 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I say leave Point Strike in there and use Arcane Avenger to further push the Consistency of orange crits..... 

you'd need to use double Avenger for that, and that's only consistent sometimes, and assumes that you're getting shot constantly but not dying. which some Warframes can do, but a Weapon you can only use on some Warframes sounds limiting.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, 000l000 said:

So much damage and critical chance could be really nice with a hunter munitions build (+ viral then). Slash isn't your primary dmg source so it wouldn't lead to much conflict. I've found Grinlok to be really nice as a huge bleed generator. ^ ^

Prisma Grinlok IPS is already focused on slash tho

1 hour ago, CharcoalNuggets said:

If your riven is exactly 180% critical chance, you can take off point strike and still have 100.8% critical chance. Perhaps you can switch this one out for your primed shred. 

I'll try that after some forma, thanks

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I say leave Point Strike in there and use Arcane Avenger to further push the Consistency of orange crits..... 

Tough Build.... even the Opticor Vandal wasn't this complicated. 

Arcane Avenger might be good, ill try it

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

you'd need to use double Avenger for that, and that's only consistent sometimes, and assumes that you're getting shot constantly but not dying. which some Warframes can do, but a Weapon you can only use on some Warframes sounds limiting.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats just how Warframe works in general... especially lately. 

Il y a 2 heures, Gruiz a dit :

Prisma Grinlok IPS is already focused on slash tho

But your build isn't, Slash is less than 25% of your total damage so you can't rely much upon bleeds especially since you're lacking of multishot and your rate of fire is pretty low on such weapon.

Adding slash damage and removing all elemental dmg (replace them with full critical rate and dmg instead) would make this weapon a real bleed powerhouse. Once you put viral you can definitely use HM.

Grinlok can make a great use of argon scope too since aiming for headshots is what this guns are made for, hence careful shots. Aiming for red crits with such riven can be a great opportunity.

Edited by 000l000

4 hours ago, 000l000 said:

But your build isn't, Slash is less than 25% of your total damage so you can't rely much upon bleeds especially since you're lacking of multishot and your rate of fire is pretty low on such weapon.

Adding slash damage and removing all elemental dmg (replace them with full critical rate and dmg instead) would make this weapon a real bleed powerhouse. Once you put viral you can definitely use HM.

Grinlok can make a great use of argon scope too since aiming for headshots is what this guns are made for, hence careful shots. Aiming for red crits with such riven can be a great opportunity.

Yet i almost get bleed Everytime i shot. Sacrificing more mods for critical chance (argon scope) is not good, i dont have enough raw damage to work with it

I can almost always OTK level 100 enemies in ESO with this... so here's my build.

You can swap out primed cryo rounds for standard cryo rounds or even rime rounds for about 94% status chance at the cost of a bit of damage.

o96fRiM.jpg

Edited by Els236