Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf Hunt Tactical Alert, really DE? Seriously?

Nexeroff

While not optimal, the alert is better than the situation before. I had given up on aquiring the Wolf's Sledge before the tactical alert, as I didn't have the massive amount of luck required to get all parts or spent thousands of plat for parts.

Considering that I only saw the Wolf six, maybe seven times total before the Alerts went up, I whole-heartedly support DE's choice to let us farm him here at the end of his Nightwave.  Now I actually have a chance to get his hammer, not because it'll give me mastery, but because it's a big throwable hammer and that just looks fun.  The way he was spawning I never would have gotten all the parts.  Heck, I still can't get the motor to drop and I've got enough of everything else to make two hammers so far.  I could have spent the time and effort to work out the ideal setup to use for absolutely everything just in case he spawned but if he decided to never spawn, well, what was I going to do about it?  What would anyone be able to do about it?  What skill or strategy would let someone overcome the Wolf simply never showing up?  At that point the only option is to buy the parts from others and I'd argue that's significantly less interesting than even a quick, repetitive assassination mission.

Still, having this precedent set means that I can enjoy the next event like this without having to worry so much about missing out because RNG decided not to give me a chance to fight the enemy.  I can just have fun and mess around with weapons and frames that aren't the strongest things in my arsenal because it'll be reasonable to assume that failing one random encounter won't make or break my chances at the rewards.  To me, that seems like a net positive.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Nexeroff:

All that was done is that you ruined the market and the only reason to WANT to fight the wolf.  Made the wolf easy, super super easy now so that it's no longer a big deal to kill him even when he spawns 120+.  Ruined anyone bothering to use tactics all you literally have to do is use a fast tanky frame with a radiation weapon and you can farm the Wolf in minutes, even the hardest version of him. 

Why selling a trash weapon for 250-300, isnt that scam my dude?

The Tactical alert is just temporary for the climax end of the season 1.

"All that for a drop of clout...*schnaap*"

I don't like the alerts because it trivializes a challenge. As well as the items that dropped. I already posted my gripes in that specific thread. You should already know that in these parts, the desire of the many outweighs the desire of a few. "Reality is often disappointing". 

While I dislike this current event for entirely different reasons, I agree with everyone else here that this post of yours is incredibly hyperbolic. 

You feel as if this Tactical Alert has cut into your little monopoly and that upsets you greatly. Because, screw DE for actually wanting people to be able to actually take on the Wolf before he goes away, right? Screw DE for actually wanting players to actually be able to potentially build the Wolf Sledge before the Wolf goes away, right?

It's amazing how our community is infested with crybabies. Please return when you have an opinion that doesn't make you look like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum, yeah?

To be honest, the drop chances for most items in general are terrible. Take for instance the Wolf sledge motor. I know its drop chance is low to begin with, but after killing the wolf 80 times during the wolf hunt event, getting at least 5 of every other part, including the main blueprint, and not once getting the motor, you start to think RNG hates you. Especially if you were randomly disconnected from a normal, lo level mission during an attack by the wolf while running with your clan, and your teammate gets said rare drop after downing him while you were logging back in. I know playing games is supposed to be a way of killing time, but that just isn't fun.

I do agree that the alert is still better than praying for the wolf to show up. I don't mean to sound whiny and say things are unfair given that statistically that's just how things are. I'm really only posting this because it seems to be the only way to give DE feedback on experiences with the game.

Edited by Nataeyo

Well i know a whole bunch of people who were impatient af from the start to get wolf drops. Many of them probably went and bought the set for hundreds of plat and im happy to see them screwed over. There is no reason to go crazy over getting just some hammer unless you can drop off a thousand plat.

Well thanks to the Alert I got 2 more full sets and traded one to my friend.

I am not complaining even though I got my Sledge before the Tac Alert through drops alone (no plat). Hard to sell the other set I have though.

Edited by Guest

On 2019-05-10 at 11:12 PM, Yousho said:

Getting good RNG or spending plat shouldn't really earn you bragging rights. 

I half agree. Having good RNG is kinda something to brag about, especially when you have experienced very bad RNG. (my example is many people grinding for bloodrush over and over again, while the gods of RNG smiled on me and give it to me the first try. Feels good man. Then when I tried to grind for Nidus......... ofc almost 200 runs from the time I started counting, said screw it and dropped plat on him)

Spending plat on something.... only bragging rights that gives you is that you have money. ooooooOOOOOOOooooooOO!

You got my upvote.

On 2019-05-10 at 4:55 PM, Tsudzurao said:

You're either a new player, a returning player or just a slow learner, because honestly, it was 100% obvious that DE would make Wolf ridiculously easy to farm in the last few days. I was personally expecting a craftable or buyable with ducats Wolf Beacon and was actually surprised that they didn't bring it with the last Baro.

Take this as a lesson for the future when playing Warframe: Never, ever farm stuff on day one, and if there's an set duration for the event, wait until at least 2/3 of the time is gone. Doing stuff rightaway is only for bragging rights. Cetus rare gems resources farming, Orb Vallis resource farming, K-drive standing, Vox standing, Wise Razor farming, Nightwave standing (For those who went for the fugitives)... Holy hell, the list never ends, and the only single case to this day where it didn't work like this was the Exploiter Orb, due to the Nova/Octavia EXPLOIT that was later fixed.

"Oh, it's just wasted content now": Quite the oposite, the content is about to be killed by DE and this is the way to make everyone experience fighting this guy. And talking about the prices is the dumbest thing ever; DE literally gave us a shop that uses ingame currency to sell us potatoes, which are otherwise only obtainable through the cash shop; If they aren't worrying about their own market, do you really think they will care about the player one? Player market is a gamble, sometimes you earn high, other's you'll just create false expectations: That's how it works both IRL and on games in general, and it isn't different on Warframe.Don't be like those kids who cried just because they kept holding their Saryn parts waiting for the prices to rise and in the got rekt by a simple anniversary event.

Glad to see someone understands.

There's a lot of things I've farmed semi-early because I didn't want to put them off indefinitely hoping for an easier farm later, only for them to drop not long thereafter.  I've never complained.  If every farm or item to collect was a brutal slog, new players would never be able to make meaningful progress with how much content has been added over time.  By necessity, everything must become easier to unlock as time goes on or DE kills the future of their own game.

Buying early from other players on hard drops is like pre-ordering the collector's package of a AAA game release.  You pay and arm and a leg for the prestige of having it before other people.  You want that prestige?  Then you pay for it, and understand that a lot of that money is "wasted" from a purely practical standpoint (for an intangible benefit - prestige).  More frugal?  Then show some patience.

Some people have serious misconceptions about this game - see below:

On 2019-05-10 at 4:30 PM, AwkwardLazarow said:

My situation with the Wolf is that I spent 130p for the motor+blueprint, I did that yesterday and today hours before the event, I did this cause I though that once the nightwave was over he would be EVEN MORE RARE so I paniced and went to buy them thinking that in the last days the parts would be even more expensive similar to when items are about to enter the vault. [etc.]

This isn't the only person so utterly confused.  I ran into people who thought it would disappear permanently and completely from the game, which is just... hard for me to process.  Do those people not know how the mastery rank system works and how permanent item disappearances would create elitist ranks only veteran players can reach, stratifying the community?  Do they not realize DE almost bungled themselves badly with the founder package of Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime since that was mastery no other player could get because of a promise made to founders of exclusivity?  DE is not doing the whole exclusivity thing again - things always return, and tend to become easier to acquire when they do, rather than disappear.  Look at all the tactical event rewards which you had to grind like nuts to get during the tactical event, but which Baro now sells for a pittance of ducats.

Watch trends.  Learn and adapt to the game market.  And don't get mad when you make a miscalculation or a bad gamble on the market forces.  DE doesn't control that.

• Like 1

It's a good thing they made it widely available towards the end of the Nightwave. Prices for it were out of control and first and foremost DE cares about giving everyone a real good chance at getting something before it goes away. The game is not developed around the plat market and it just sounds like your salty because you worked yourself to hard to get some mastery fodder weapon only for the hopes of selling it for ridiculous prices because of how rare it is regardless of it;s viability compared to the much better weapons we have in the game which cost less and are better. You should of expected something like this if you knew DE and how they develop now not wanting anyone to feel Fomo and get the stuff more or less guaranteed if they put in the work, I tried to get it before the alert and after 15 kills I only got 2 handles and a bunch of crappy mods. Have some sympathy for those who have awful RNG like myself and many others and accept the odds of getting the weapon were way to low and then you wont feel so bad about it all.