Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who else misses plat only non-deluxe cosmetics?

Fallen_Echo

Im not sure how alone im in this, but i seriously miss the times when i could open up the market after a regular patch just to see 3 new syandanas, an armor set, some sigils and whatever plat only fashionpiece added.

Tennogen is nice but i did not buy all the plat just so i also need to fill up my steam wallet too to get something nice. Deluxe packs are too good but these are coming every 3rd month and have approx 1 skin for a frame, 1 skin for a weapon and a syandana at best. Not something you will regularly buy plat for.

Can we get back to the age where we got skins/paintjobs, syandanas, armor pieces and all that jazz regularly for plat?

• Like 2

While i understand where you are coming from, theres a big problem with platinum at least on pc.
Platinum price fluctuates with discounts, it can be full cost, half the cost or even quarter of the cost.
And from that stems the question, How much should they pay to the creators of tennogen? thats why its in normal money at least on pc (heard that consoles have a different system and its all plat there).

Deluxe is nice nothing there, and a lot of old stuff thats plat only is a bit meh like skins, companion parts and we do get new cosmetics from time to time garuda syandana, i remember gara syandana as well as some armour pieces.

Edited by Eyn_Sof

39 minutes ago, Eyn_Sof said:

While i understand where you are coming from, theres a big problem with platinum at least on pc.
Platinum price fluctuates with discounts, it can be full cost, half the cost or even quarter of the cost.
And from that stems the question, How much should they pay to the creators of tennogen? thats why its in normal money at least on pc (heard that consoles have a different system and its all plat there).

Deluxe is nice nothing there, and a lot of old stuff thats plat only is a bit meh like skins, companion parts and we do get new cosmetics from time to time garuda syandana, i remember gara syandana as well as some armour pieces.

Yes but this was always like that, the plat prices always fluctuated but we still got randomy syandanas, skins and whatnot ontop of the deluxe bundles.

Dont get me wrong i dont want tennogen to be sold for plat or something like that, all i want is regular non-deluxe stuff added into the game somewhat regularly.

• Like 1

that's the whole point of tennogen though, to give DE an excuse to make the bare minimum when it comes to cosmetics. there's no denying that almost anything tennogen is better than most of what DE puts out creatively, aesthetically, you name it. 

they still do some stuff when they do have some ideas, but they won't actively try to pump out more cosmetic content, without a bundle/deluxe skin anyways  

Their artists are likely more and more tied up in future projects like the open roams, tile reworks, railjack etc. And when they aren't making armor for 🥕 on a string nightwave, they are recoloring old armor for baro. So currently, it's not going to be happening.

Never like Tennogen. Some are good. But some of them looks like they come directly from teen MMORPGs.

DE's designs may look plain in comparison, but only DE can catch the "Warframe" art style.

So yes. Less Tennogen and more DE cosmetics.

But from what I've seen, DE's just taking Tennogen as an excuse not to put their resources on designing cosmetics, which I don't like.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 4

I agree with OP, one thing to add tho: 

Please DE, stop showcasing new tennogen rounds on the Dev Streams, they are NOT CONTANT. I am not saying to remove them totally but to move them to Prime Time stream where it would make abit of more sense.

It was fine the first few times.. now its just annoying 

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

I'd love the Reinfocements to be a thing again 😢

I was looking at the prior videos for PlayWarframe while doing my LF.CYI time away from the game....and I remember how those vids would get me pumped to try the next new stuff coming down the pipe to us. Now it is much too much TennoGen and we get vids for the latest frames only.

From the beginning to the time I was entering to the current, those vids still bring chills. We need more of that again as well as remembering how far the game has come & will go, fate willing.

You all do realize in order to build a game that pleases the players you must get the players involved. And that is essentially tennogen. DE makes cosmetics according to what is happening in the game tenno gen allows players to show their art and others to buy their art. If you want more warframe like tennogen just go make some on the program and hope it is selected. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)TerDav7887 said:

You all do realize in order to build a game that pleases the players you must get the players involved. And that is essentially tennogen. DE makes cosmetics according to what is happening in the game tenno gen allows players to show their art and others to buy their art. If you want more warframe like tennogen just go make some on the program and hope it is selected. 

As we said tennogen is fine, theres no problem with it. The problem is that we only ever get either tennogen or deluxe packs for fashion, there are no longer reinforcements and such pumped out to get us more fashion.

You know ingame plat only fashion what is not restricted to deluxe bundles, that is what i miss.

I find it more odd that we're still missing immortal skins for a lot of frames and the time it's taking for second alt helmets to release on newer frames only seems to get longer.

But if we did have the Tenno Reinforcement updates dropping cosmetics on us again we'd end up with even more complaints of: "Stop wasting time with cosmetics and fix x/y/z already!" when x/y/z has nothing to do with the art team and "Why are you even bothering when Tennogen is so much better!?".

13 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

that's the whole point of tennogen though, to give DE an excuse to make the bare minimum when it comes to cosmetics. there's no denying that almost anything tennogen is better than most of what DE puts out creatively, aesthetically, you name it. 

they still do some stuff when they do have some ideas, but they won't actively try to pump out more cosmetic content, without a bundle/deluxe skin anyways  

This is a garbage take and you should know better.

Tennogen, a system with people that have no budget, time restraints or other responsibilities in developing a game, has better things coming from it than people who have a limited time to make something and a dozen other things on their todo list.

• Like 1

Be careful what you wish for. DE is not known for great plat only cosmetics. basically they kinda suck...

I just want DR to scrap the abomination that is KFC delux and re introduce Ember with a proper skin as intended by Ignus Dei... or  ask Liger Inuzuka. Both are bloody amazing
That is all.

• Like 2

Honestly they could solve this by just creating a cut off date for tennogen items, like  after being in the game for a year they cost platinum. How much plat idk but I feel like at that point the purchases start falling off and by then people will have had time to show off the fact they bought it first.