Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Or Craftable Mastery Rank Pass Tickets

(NSW)MasterDarkwingz

i'm not a fan of being able to skip the MR test but I think the once per day limit should be removed.

from what i've seen i doubt i'll have a difficult time with any test but i know some players that will and the tests aren't making them any better so far, they're just creating an even longer and frustrating time gate to what they can use.

besides, there's already a skip button as long as you know someone with better hand-eye coordination to do it for you. MR ranks don't mean much beyond how many ranks you've grinded out over time.

Edited by dagre2

Did it on Xbox first try and my thumb does not bend at the second knuckle so my accuracy was not the best in the world. If I could do it especially when I had not adapted to my rather permanent injury yet you have no excuses buddy.

Edit: Incase anyone was curious my left thumb was crushed in a hydraulic press and was reattached but does not bend at the second knuckle as I have stated above. If I was able to do all these mastery tests up to 27 people with fully functioning limbs have zero right to complain that they can't do things. Casuals these days am I right?

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I don't believe it either based on the other Autistic people I know, but, no one here is capable of refuting that as this is an internet forum and I'm confident no one participating has the right medical degrees and training to make the call.

Well I'm not the one who used it as an excuse but I have Aspergers for what it's worth and I can do just about anything still. If anything it enhances some of my senses to higher levels so sometimes I can do stuff easier then someone who does not have it. Dont let people with autism fool you, it is a psuedo super power, even one REALLY autistic kid in school when I was growing up was a straight A student and had no major weaknesses besides his speech and overreactions to some things.

As someone who only plays on switch, only started playing the game at switch release, and someone who has reached MR26, passing all the tests along the way; I am a little perplexed. The MR tests I had trouble with were no trouble at all once I looked them up and picked up some tips. 

I don't think they need a skip button, because their entire point is to teach you how to play better, and tangentially teach you that WF is a game that is 1000% about preparation and cheese. If they put in a skip button they might as well take MR tests out of the game, which I know the OP would probably prefer. I always think its weird that it pauses your MR exp until you pass the test, but that's just a quirk of the game. Maybe if they let your number go up without passing the test, allowing you to craft/equip things, but didn't give you title/number brag on your icon. I dunno, the system doesn't really feel broken, even if it is a quirky little bit of gatekeeping.

Frustrating as it is, sucking it up, reading up, and practising until you get it is likely the only way through. That's 99% of what WF is.

Also, I've played more hours of splatoon than most other games on my switch, and I blasted my way through octo expansion without using the skip button once. Some things just take a few tries until you internalise how it works and then you just destroy it. I'm still glad that everyone got a chance to see it through to the ending thanks to the skip button, but splatoon is that kind of game. WF is deffo a difficulty spike kind of game, where the game and its mechanics are primary and everything else is just garnish. The story is too broken up to be coherent, so all that's really left is mastering the system until you can crush it beneath your mighty heel.

As for not having slots, I've found relic cracking to be a serviceable method for gaining plat, I spent a little bit of cash in the beginning when I got into the game just to show support, and now I'm 100% F2P with relic grinding providing me with enough plat for anything I can think of that I want for both me and my partner.

14 hours ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Are you trying to say that someone with Autism can't try sarcasm like you guys are doing?

Or is that just not allowed?

A skip button isn't a one shot kill mode, it's a completely optional button for people who don't want to clear a level manually.

(Such as Mastery Rank or Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion.)

Oh wow, saying it's my attitude that gets people to gang up on me. What am I, a murder victim?

Seriously, what part of "I want the implementation of an optional skip button" is so difficult to comprehend?

I'm starting to wonder what part of the ToS says "skill level?" Oh right, that's the Respect part.

No matter the advice you give to someone like me with Autism, we will never be good enough to pass an aiming test with such a short time limit.

If you can't respect that, then maybe there's something wrong with the way the community reads their own forum ToS.

Actually Ima have to refute that point, I am a somewhat disabled adult with Aspergers myself and I have no problem with anything this game has to throw at me and your claiming autism is bad thing? Quite contrary to your belief People with Aspergers like me actually have enhanced senses and an easier time with many things in life when things go as planned. Sure To many bright colors or loud noises have a negative effect on me somewhat but that's what medicine is for and it helps me get through my day rather easily for the most part. And based off the fact your being so detailed here I would say you have high functioning Autism much like I do without a doubt. So how about you stop giving autistic people a bad name and accept the gift you were bestowed, some of the worlds finest were autistic people and your making a mockery of them with your lies.

Even with some motor control issues and half of a thumb not bending whatsoever I could do it so I think you just want everything handed to you like most this new generation of gamers. So Wake up, Get up, and get out their to improve yourself instead of trying to bring everything down to your current level instead. I don't take kindly to people trying to give autistic people bad name and your making us all look like entitled nincompoops right now so I will politely ask you to refrain from such things. Also if no one with autism can pass this test how was it I passed it with a thumb injury and being autistic on the very first try them hm? You probably thought no self respecting autistic person would be on these forums and could get away with making up a lie but you were wrong! Stop giving us a bad look and get better at the game instead of soiling the psuedo super power that is the mighty autism spectrum!

3 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

That isn't the point of Mastery Tests.

So tell me, then. Why do they look like your standardized tutorial test?

To the above comments:

I've said before about the forum ToS and respecting different skill levels.

Yes your experiences are different, however pointing it out as I need to "git gud" isn't contributing to the conversation of a skip button at hand.

Either you accept that I'm less skilled despite my Autism spectrum being so different from your own problems, or we all get warnings.

I don't like the vmods here either, just reiterating the Warframe ToS.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Well I'm not the one who used it as an excuse but I have Aspergers for what it's worth and I can do just about anything still. If anything it enhances some of my senses to higher levels so sometimes I can do stuff easier then someone who does not have it. Dont let people with autism fool you, it is a psuedo super power, even one REALLY autistic kid in school when I was growing up was a straight A student and had no major weaknesses besides his speech and overreactions to some things.

I have a foster brother, two friends, a nephew and an ex with various levels of autism and yeah, aside from some triggers and navigating the physical affection thing, I've found then to be borderline super heroes lol

• Like 1

Y'know, when I think about it I think I was wrong when I said the point of MR tests was to teach you. It's more like their point is to test you to make sure you've learned how to play the game, so that you can expect at least competence from high-MR players. MR requirements are usually very lax normally too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Henalie said:

Y'know, when I think about it I think I was wrong when I said the point of MR tests was to teach you. It's more like their point is to test you to make sure you've learned how to play the game

Yes, you are correct. They are there to make sure you've, "mastered," certain aspects of the game. Some focus on mobility, some focus on killing, some focus on aiming, some focus on stealth, etc, etc.

It's the game literally telling you to, "git gud," at certain aspects and it isn't even really expecting much.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

They don't.

Really? Because the zones look awfully familiar in design to any other tutorial mechanics I've seen in literally any other FPS. (Ghost In The Shell Online, before that poofed.)

Which brings us back to the questions of:

Why can't players have more options? If an option is an option, then what's there to dislike about the option to opt out?

Is the option to skip really that detrimental to the current PvE design for Warframe, despite an added penalty of not gaining the bonus status?

If Splatoon 2 can properly implement the skip button as a feature that doesn't interrupt gameplay, then logically... shouldn't Warframe be capable of the same?

I mean... DE did develop the game, so nothing is impossible for them to figure out.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Henalie said:

Y'know, when I think about it I think I was wrong when I said the point of MR tests was to teach you. It's more like their point is to test you to make sure you've learned how to play the game, so that you can expect at least competence from high-MR players. MR requirements are usually very lax normally too.

I gotta be honest. Everything up to MR6 was super lax, I really don't know why there isn't a skip button in the first place.

You could quite literally skip the hacking test by using the decoders, and it was done within seconds.

If someone like me (short temper, no self control) has trouble with MR6 and is frustrated to the point of wanting a skip button, it shouldn't be a problem to have a skip button up to a certain point.

If penalties for skipping is going to make other players continue to whine about an unfair advantage, a Skip button cap of up to MR 8-10 might seem more fair.

I say 8-10 due to the fact that I think it should be fair for everyone to be able to craft a Prime Warframe without being locked behind a skill wall.

(Weapons can always be moved to the higher MR requisites if they're that game breaking.)

Edited by (NSW)MasterDarkwingz

26 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I have a foster brother, two friends, a nephew and an ex with various levels of autism and yeah, aside from some triggers and navigating the physical affection thing, I've found then to be borderline super heroes lol

That's because being autistic come with advantages and disadvantages, for me it's to many specifically it's brigth lights and loud noises overwhelming my brain and giving me a large deal of stress if I stay in that situation. Also I am sensitive to certain materials and it makes me feel uncomfortable but medicine helps me cope and I have enhanced senses at my disposal because of my Aspergers. My blessing is also my curse but I'm fine with that and it confers some stuff that I can do that other cannot as easily. Imagine being able to smell, taste, feel, hear and react better then your peers but being worse then them somehow, that just doesn't add up now does it? Sure It comes at the cost of having a scene from time to time but if you choose to not take stuff to make life less stressful and control it that it's on you, though in this case it's on OP...

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

6 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

If someone like me (short temper, no self control) has trouble with MR6 and is frustrated to the point of wanting a skip button, it shouldn't be a problem to have a skip button up to a certain point.

If penalties for skipping is going to make other players continue to whine about an unfair advantage, a Skip button cap of to up to MR 8-10 might seem more fair.

I say 8-10 due to the fact that I think it should be fair for everyone to be able to craft a Prime Warframe without being locked behind a skill wall.

Honestly, I think this is probably a better argument for the removal of MR requirements on gear and warframes than it is for the removal of MR tests. If MR tests are an indication of skill-level and bragging rights, and MR requirements are really low anyway to the point of being a non-event, then why not do away with them completely? Getting rid of MR requirements would solve the MR test problem you're having and make them optional, without offending the players using MR to boast the size of their warframe codpiece.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Really? Because the zones look awfully familiar in design to any other tutorial mechanics I've seen in literally any other FPS. (Ghost In The Shell Online, before that poofed.)

Yes, really. Another irrelevant reference to another irrelevant game is irrelevant. The MASTERY tests are tests meant to test whether or not you've mastered a particular skill, or set of skills. Their "aesthetics" are such because it's a simulation created by Simaris. And, for the last time, this is NOT an FPS.

20 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Which brings us back to the questions of:

Why can't players have more options? If an option is an option, then what's there to dislike about the option to opt out?

Is the option to skip really that detrimental to the current PvE design for Warframe, despite an added penalty of not gaining the bonus status?

If Splatoon 2 can properly implement the skip button as a feature that doesn't interrupt gameplay, then logically... shouldn't Warframe be capable of the same?

I mean... DE did develop the game, so nothing is impossible for them to figure out.

Because you seem unable (or unwilling) to understand: DE is fully capable of "figuring it out". DE clearly has no intention of implementing it. The reason is simple, there is no reason to implement it. 

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Henalie said:

Honestly, I think this is probably a better argument for the removal of MR requirements on gear and warframes than it is for the removal of MR tests. If MR tests are an indication of skill-level and bragging rights, and MR requirements are really low anyway to the point of being a non-event, then why not do away with them completely? Getting rid of MR requirements would solve the MR test problem you're having and make them optional, without offending the players using MR to boast the size of their warframe codpiece.

That actually is the simplest solution.

However... you can probably already deduce how the community might react to the fact that their "git gud" unlocked "achievements" were invalidated after all these years.

It won't be pleasant. Sometimes feature unlocking reworks are easier than removing those features entirely.

As a matter of fact, in addition to the skip button, I have a new idea.

DE could revamp the Mastery Rank Tests as a leader board mini game function instead.

You still get bragging rights for clearing it that way, right?

Edited by (NSW)MasterDarkwingz

2 hours ago, (NSW)Henalie said:

I always think its weird that it pauses your MR exp until you pass the test,

It actually doesn't, you can still continue to gain mastery affinity even when you're eligible for the test. I think an ok change would be making so you only have to wait 24 hours between passed tested than on every attempt.

Edited by Atsia

1 hour ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Either you accept that I'm less skilled despite my Autism spectrum being so different from your own problems, or we all get warnings. 

That way you've been acting is far more likely to get this thread locked for being unconstructive and for us front warning points.

Edited by Atsia
  • Like 1

I've passed all the MR tests up to 16 (close to next rank up)...

None have really felt like they were testing my mastery of the core game, really... I mean, the first 3 were just kill with each weapon type.

The one the OP is speaking of was a legitimate challenge for me, since I melee 99% of the time, and have NEVER encountered ANY situation before or since then, that required that level of target tracking and timed aiming and shooting AT ANY POINT. It required changing my controller and look sensitivities to levels that I will never return to using, because it was insanely disorienting. (and I had to use weapons that I do not enjoy, nor ever used again. So much for testing mastery of the main game... had to learn entirely new skills and use entirely foreign things to accomplish a stupidly forced task.)

While the OP's reasons for wanting change aren't exactly laudable, I wouldn't mind a plat-type skip feature either, sometimes. Really, I don't see anyone's MR and think, hey, that guy has mastered this game more than me... no, not at all. Some arbitrary challenge was all that was required (and lots of crafting and grinding rankups).

I have a thing against mini-games required for progress in the main game... they're stupidly annoying in many ways. Even as blockades to the Ultimate Weapons in Final Fantasy games, I'd still do them, but hated every second (Ug, butterfly catching and lightning dodging and timed button combo mashing). The mastery tests in Warframe come annoyingly close (and IF the situations encountered in the Mastery Tests started showing up in the game proper, I'd likely leave the game proper too - I mean, when has there ever been a spinning wall of death lasers chasing you in a circle while you had to shoot targets up above you? nor are there disappearing timed platforms or... anything that annoying - and that's a good thing.) They're not in the main game, and that wouldn't be fun in the main game.

That's my take on it, anyway. (And I already "got good", so no need to throw that at me, I passed those tests. Thanks.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Henalie said:

But that negates the loose progression system DE has implemented and has alluded to improving on.  The moderate MR locks we have on things now is really just a gentle push to get people to keep playing, using or buying new items and slots, instead of sticking at MR5 (highest MR required to unlock all Junctions and access all core quests IIRC) and then complaining about how they aren't challenged or something.

There is nothing we or DE can do about players who measure their epeen by MR or farmed stats, those types of players will always exist.

Someone else already suggested simply removing MR tests and req's in OP's other thread and I gave the same reasons as to why that's an awful idea, removing a core mechanic of the game.  At the very least, you have to come up with a as good as suggestion, if not a better alternative, you can't simply remove core things and not replace them.

• Like 1

Please don't bring Autism into this. I too am on the Autistic Spectrum and I too can get easily frustrated with frivolous things. However I would also be opposed to a skip button for many MANY reasons for this game. Infact, I also have a physical disability that sometimes makes it hard for me to play some video games continuously but I still am able to get through games like Dark Souls pretty well. I learn slowly, take longer than others to actually get to grip with things but end up mastering them probably better than others. 

1) The MR test itself isn't exactly difficult. Just get to it and get it done. I know what it can be like to be frustrated by something that is easy enough to do, but still do it and always leaves a good sense of accomplishment after.

2) The main difference between Spla2n and Warframe is that Splatoon 2 is a paid game while Warframe is free to play. Warframe is also one of those Free to Play games that is NOT nearly as predatory as other free to play games at all, making it one of the best which is why they won't introduce skip tokens into the game. Even if they did introduce it, people will simply point and laugh at the developers for adding more pay2win conveniences when at the moment they're trying to remove as much of that sort of thing as possible. 

3) It sets a slippery slope, which may seem like a common argument but one I see happen quite often as well. So say we do add Skip Tokens to MR Tests and that everyone is 100% onboard with them being used for MR Tests. What next? Well, people might start to want Skip Tokens for certain missions on the Star Chart. Then perhaps on Assassination Missions. Perhaps a 'Skip Planet' token might even be spoken about at one point.  How about a Token that we can buy for plat that gives us X amount of Reputation for a Syndicate of our choice, including Simaris, Cetus and Fortuna? How about a Skip Rank token to allow you to go from the lowest rank to the highest in a Syndicate immediately? How about a Skip Boss Token where you're allowed to skip Eidolon or Orb Mother?

4) If you're struggling with this basic aiming and shooting, how are you going to do some of the future content? Let's take Lephantis and Hemocytes, for example. What are you going to contribute if you're not able to aim and shoot at their vulnerable points when they open them up? What about Sargas Ruk who can constantly force you back with his ring of fire and then opens up smaller weakpoints? What about Noxes who are pretty much only killable by shooting their heads even if you strip their armour down to zero? Will you just play basically Trinity or Harrow for the entire game? 

5) If your frustration and anger makes you want to 'break things' over some frivolous stuff (and trust me, I know, I've been there but not with this game), then you might want to rethink about playing this game in general as pointed out in the above statement. 

Yes, games are meant to be fun. But if something like that particular MR Test is frustrating you, you're definitely going to have problems with later parts of the game. Many of the people on this thread have already given you solutions to your problem and if you feel you can't be bothered to do something for literally a couple of minutes... well there's nothing else I really can say. 

Edit: MR isn't about bragging rights. Many people can tell you that some of the highest MR people are some of the worst people since many of those people simply rush. It's just a Gate that stops people from basically being completely over reliant on certain things and is a approximation of the power level of certain frames, weapons and guns. It's not about 'Git Gud', but something like the MR6 Test is basically a test to see if you're able to handle content like Lephantis or even something as simple as Sargas Ruk. 

Can you imagine people able to get the Tigris Prime as soon as possible and then just use that to clear through all the content of the game + for basically everything? I think the MR System is a decent, but flawed, system of making it so people don't just pick up a singular weapon and then just use that weapon for the entirety of the game. 

Edited by KaijuKraid
  • Like 5