Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jovian Concord: Confusing scoring system.

--RV--Hyenah

Question

Just watched the gameplay bit of the new gamemode in Prime Time. The clan event is being based on it.

...but Reb said something confusing. She said there's an "endurance mode that scales very rapidly" but she also stated something about only the best run on a clan being used for scoring purposes.

If only the best run on the clan is the one considered for scoring, how is that a clan event to begin with?

Could anyone from DE elaborate on the scoring system? I am part of a competitive clan and it would be disappointing to see that only 4 people will be taken into account when it comes to winning an event, when my clan has 1,000 people in it...

• Like 1

15 answers to this question

I think by your best run only counting, they mean if for example, your clan does two runs, and scores 500 points in the first run, and over 1000 in the next, the second run counts instead because the score is higher. the incentive being to keep replaying to do better and improve each time and see if your best matches up to the bests of other clans.

I believe Pacifism Defect ran on a system like this, and that was the last clan event, so they probably haven't changed the system.

il y a 2 minutes, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

I think by your best run only counting, they mean if for example, your clan does two runs, and scores 500 points in the first run, and over 1000 in the next, the second run counts instead because the score is higher. the incentive being to keep replaying to do better and improve each time and see if your best matches up to the bests of other clans.

I believe Pacifism Defect ran on a system like this, and that was the last clan event, so they probably haven't changed the system.

The scoring system was great, even if the activity wasn't so interesting.

That doesn't encourage everyone to participate. If 4 high potential players alone do the record why should others bother?
Also if people from different clans were to team up and get the winning run it will just be a draw?

Edited by Y4nnik

1 minute ago, Y4nnik said:

That doesn't encourage everyone to participate. If 4 high potential players alone do the record why should others bother?
Also if people from different clans were to team up and get the winning run it will just be a draw?

Previously it has been your best run, added on to other people in your clans best runs. So, if I get 500, you get 1000 and two others get 250 each we have a total of 2000 points. We do not just have 1000 (which was the best run). I missed the Stream so I have no idea if this is likely for the next event. But this is how previous ones worked.

• Like 1

Just now, Y4nnik said:

I never said it wasn't a flawed system, just that it's the one we have. there are issues with it, but my post explains the idea of what it's supposed to be. and just because other people get a higher score shouldn't dissuade you (if you're competitive) from trying anyway, right?

no Idea how a tied Score would work, technically both should be given 1st place rewards, but again, that's just an idea: not necessarily how the system will work.

not that this bothers me anyway, I'm the last frequent player of my clan so I got no hope nor desire, but I do wish they don't lock something MR based behind the higher positions like they did with Ignis Wraith.. that was a real fiasco for a while.

hace 1 minuto, krc473 dijo:

Previously it has been your best run, added on to other people in your clans best runs. So, if I get 500, you get 1000 and two others get 250 each we have a total of 2000 points. We do not just have 1000 (which was the best run). I missed the Stream so I have no idea if this is likely for the next event. But this is how previous ones worked.

This makes more sense. The best score of each player on the clan rather than a cumulative score.

Shame they didn't go in depth on stream.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Ambulas Reborn was the last clan event.

I think after "feedback" DE went away from speed based and went to endurance like most events. I will wait and see how scoring works, and that will be defined within patch notes as usual most likely. This happened with the last two competitive events in 2017:

There is always a "WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/DO" and "CLAN SCORING AND REWARDS" section in those posts which explains what exactly you do for a score.

Edited by Voltage

that would indeed make the scoring part of the Event basically pointless, very strange sounding.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I believe Pacifism Defect ran on a system like this

Pacifism Defect was high score per Player (added together), but if this Event is going to be high score per Clan, then that means that most of the Players in a Clan have no reason to play seriously so long as they get all of the item rewards that they care about. if that were to be the way it will indeed work.