Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's a ton of discussion about the fat frame.

I wonder if his mortal enemy is salad V?

jokes aside, I like the idea of an oni frame and the body matches the depiction in some artworks.

the current colours I’m hoping are just for contrast and checking the frame textures, not a final colour.

of course, we’ll be able to fashionframe them up anyway.

I'm extremely excited for this frame because he's so close to my own body type!!! I've struggled with my weight most of my adult life and it's hard to explain effectively but seeing a powerful character in a game with some extra weight on him (and my favourite game no less) just really has me starstruck.

I remember raising the point twice; once in its own thread in 2016, and another time in Hildryn's feedback thread. Responses I got were:

"Warframes are meant to be the pinnacle of physique."

"If I wanted realism I'd go outside."

"There will never be an overweight frame. It goes against the aesthetic of the game."

Take note I only suggested a sumo wrestler frame. I didn't say "a chunky glutton frame." Either way, I just wanted the "overpowered mass of flesh" aesthetic. Now that DE is giving us one... I can't help but feel this immature and shallow sense of vindication over a bunch of on-screen pixels.

Man that's satisfying.

Edit: Can't wait to see chunky ballerina bullet jump twirls.

Edited by Revenant0713
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Theoskoom said:

I'm extremely excited for this frame because he's so close to my own body type!!! I've struggled with my weight most of my adult life and it's hard to explain effectively but seeing a powerful character in a game with some extra weight on him (and my favourite game no less) just really has me starstruck.

Big is beautiful!

6 hours ago, (PS4)The_LaBaDa said:

Very cool and nice Digital Extremes, thank you for this Vore-Frame. 

But ... We have a voreframe already. Have you seen Inaros? His two is literally eating people, his four is literally sending a swarm of scarabs to eat people.

Nah but really ah? I've not checked out the info on him yet but eh, a fat warframe, whatever. I don't see the issue with it, personally. Especially as from what others have said he takes inspiration from Oni which would be super cool and fit really well and might mean we end up getting a kanabō weapon which would be awesome.

And before anyone says "ninjas aren't fat", need I point you toward Rhino, saying ninjas aren't stompy loud bois who headbutt people, ninjas aren't dominatrix whip-wielding catwomen (although one particular dominatrix whip-wielding Catwoman is very ninjalike), one is essentially Nuke It From Orbit: The Frame, one has a tophat, one is a self-mutilating priest of eldritch whatevers, and one viciously claws people and has an attack which is literally a yell. The vast majority of these space ninjas are about as far from ninja as you can get.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Revenant0713 said:

immature and shallow sense of vindication

thats really what it is. I dont like Hyldrins aestetics, but I find Devours fitting and good looking. I just never like the characters with an appearence like Hyldrin, it just doesnt look appealing to me

Oh please nobody who used those arguments were being genuine, half the female frames in this game are done like barbies. They just weren't happy hildryn didn't look like the women they've only seen in posters. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dr_Shadox said:

I'm not sure to understand the purpose of this topic.

Well, one, to act like a kid and rub it in the faces of everyone who said it wouldn't work.

two, the same point raised when I first discussed it: reasons for saying yay or nay to a fat frame.

• Like 2

The jiggle physics got me a bit worried cus that's a gateway I'd rather not see opened (also aren't warframes flesh described as being like steel so wut) but otherwise the design and concept seems neat. Just don't make its kit as slapped together as Wisp's and we may have something here. also don't try to turn into a joke frame please

• Like 1

à l’instant, Revenant0713 a dit :

Well, one, to act like a kid and rub it in the faces of everyone who said it wouldn't work.

two, the same point raised when I first discussed it: reasons for saying yay or nay to a fat frame.

OK i see.

I'm not against since we are ok about male/female frame , and for a thin or fat enemy.

Also we can say Nekros is anorexic , so why not a fat frame ?