Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more NW and No more Alerts

18 minutes ago, M3tallius said:

Because people with jobs could never keep up. It is a system that gave an advantage to the chronically unemployed or the people that could play from work.

I don't understand how YOU fail to... uh... understand.

Alerts = unfair advantage

Nightwave = annoying grind

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I don't think it can be explained in any other manner.

Alerts. Gave. An. Advantage. To. A. Certain. Type. Of. Player.

If you fail to see that, then you ARE that certain type of player.

i guess having a job took away your ability to read. where did i say that alerts should make a full comeback? 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

no_u.jpg

You know, you aren't even arguing for anything anymore. You're just arguing against everything anyone says, which is pointless. And it makes it pointless to argue against you as well.

Normally, I would be willing to continue this until the heat death of the universe, as I quite enjoy this sort of thing. But I just installed my new video card, and right now, I would much rather spend my time playing games instead of arguing about them.

So have fun yelling "you're wrong!" ad infinitum at whoever else is willing to listen. You can even count this as beating me if your ego so demands, I don't mind!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

i guess having a job took away your ability to read. where did i say that alerts should make a full comeback? 

On 2019-05-30 at 12:53 AM, Zeclem said:

to all the knights of de, can you please tell me what harm would be done to your ancestors(since you defend this blatant mismanagement that a lot of people arent happy with as if it was your family honor) if de actually did activate the alerts between seasons? 

Probably this part that he quoted? ☝️

36 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

You know, you aren't even arguing for anything anymore. You're just arguing against everything anyone says, which is pointless. And it makes it pointless to argue against you as well.

Normally, I would be willing to continue this until the heat death of the universe, as I quite enjoy this sort of thing. But I just installed my new video card, and right now, I would much rather spend my time playing games instead of arguing about them.

So have fun yelling "you're wrong!" ad infinitum at whoever else is willing to listen. You can even count this as beating me if your ego so demands, I don't mind!

23 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Now pay close attention:

Because the restriction is obviously the result of an unintended delay, caused by a change in plan, made to try and accommodate the whiners who complained vociferously for every minor reason that they could find, many of which were pretty unreasonable to begin with. 

The claim that we currently have no way of getting nitain is false, and the claim that there wasn't any alert for it recently was also false. The entire "omg the sky is falling, we don't know when Nightwave is going to start back, if ever, whatever will we dooooooooooooooooo" line that many people are going on about is irrational and ridiculous. 

Because it's neither necessary, nor efficient. Demanding that they stop working on the improvements they already started on, to do what you a person with no idea of what's going on behind the curtain want, will waste everyone's time. That's a huge negative, and the only reason you can't see it is the hubris that is equally apparent in all of your other unfounded claims. 

Why should I voice my opposition to the lot of you demanding retrograde steps? Because I would really rather not sit quietly in the bus while you demand that the driver go over the cliff "because it'll be faster". 

The relevant part remains relevant. My reason for speaking up remains the same. I believe that the demands that people are making here would be a retrograde step, waste of resources and time could be better spent getting the nightwave system working. I'm arguing that the people who make the game be allowed to do what they do, because they are the only ones who actually know what's going on behind the curtain. 

I believe that the demands are based largely on irrational responses to the current situation, and blatantly dishonest claims made in the title and repeatedly throughout the thread wherein people have claimed that we cannot farm nitain, and that there have been no alerts giving us nitain. 

Have fun playing your game, Tenno. But remember that playing is totally different to designing and coding. 

34 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Probably this part that he quoted? ☝️

which said "between seasons", so i guess you cant read as well, mr whiteknight.

Edited by Zeclem

I would have bet my house DE would have brought back alerts the second NW ended to help players along until season 2. I saw a lot of players unhappy about NW in general and now there’s no way to get certain necessary resources. Seems like a big miss to me.  I hope people realize S2 will be 15 weeks long or so and to just chill and take their time with it. If they’re waiting for S2 for PC and consoles to get it together we have a fair wait on our hands. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

which said "between seasons", so i guess you cant read as well, mr whiteknight.

No mate. I read just fine. 

You see demanding that they "make a full comeback, but only part of the time", isn't really any better. In fact it's probably going to be even more annoying to have to code, which means that it'll take more time, that could be spent getting the nightwave system into a workable state. 

Take a moment to think about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

blatantly dishonest claims made in the title

You calling me a liar?! 

This thread was made a full 5 days after the last Gif of the Lotus. That alert was for only 24 hours and it was for 10 Nitain. So my title is accurate and 100% the truth, there are no more alerts and NW is MiA for... nobody #*!%ing knows. 

Nothing in my OP is dishonest or disingenuous. That title goes to you. Because if anyone is gonna defend bullS#&$ might as well be you. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, hendrix923 said:

If they’re waiting for S2 for PC and consoles to get it together we have a fair wait on our hands. 

I'm curious to know why you think this. We don't need to be on the same page as PC, just a similar build, like last time. 

You got your thermia fractures event (and all associated content) before we did which meant that there were differences between our experiences but it worked out just fine. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

You calling me a liar?! 

Yes. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No mate. I read just fine. 

You see demanding that they "make a full comeback, but only part of the time", isn't really any better. In fact it's probably going to be even more annoying to have to code, which means that it'll take more time, that could be spent getting the nightwave system into a workable state. 

Take a moment to think about it. 

alert system is still there, used for gifts of the lotus. theres nothing new to "code". so no, you dont read "just fine". 

i also like how you can make assumptions like that but when others do it they are completely wrong. how typical. i sure hope de pays you enough for your efforts here. 

Edited by Zeclem

DE just put up a 48 hour alert for Hildryn's Asuron Helmet BP. At least they are continuing to do something to help the situation, even if it is basically the equivalent of trying to re-attach a severed limb with a couple band-aids.

Anyway, go get yer helmets, ya dang popcorn scarfers! It doesn't even cost any Nitain to build it, either.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

What are you talking about? Alerts required us to be able to log in to the game at a moments notice, or for extended periods of time, or miss out.

To catch that specific alert at that specific time, yes. To get what that offered you never had to do such.  The alert rewards came around frequently enough that if you miss one you will get one again, no problem later (often within that same month).  IE. you could take your time.

With nightwave, logging in on 2 days a week for a couple of hours, was enough to do all but one of challenges. If you logged in every day you could have spread the challenges out and gotten a couple done on any given day, just taking your sweet time about it.

You could, but it required you do all of them that week or completely miss out on that rep (while realistically it took way longer than just a couple of hours).  Best case scenario you will get the option to do that same nightwave again in a year.  Neither of those aspects are "taking your sweet time about it" anymore than events are.
With out more rep you aren't getting more creds, ever (thus not getting any cred rewards).

We needed to do so little that you could easily have completed it doing absolutely no elite challenges at all

In practice, No you couldn't.  To keep up you needed about 30,000 per week, of 43,000 available, the 3 elites were 15,000 of that thus let you with 28,000.  Which is not enough at all to get the whole thing done.  Leaving you 2000 short per week, or about 14 wolf team spawns per week to catch up.
If you presume you play one to two days a week (DE mentions wanting their game viable for the 'weekend warriors' a lot), that can be even fewer points.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I'm curious to know why you think this. We don't need to be on the same page as PC, just a similar build, like last time. 

You got your thermia fractures event (and all associated content) before we did which meant that there were differences between our experiences but it worked out just fine. 

Yes. 

I saw a comment/quote from DEs Steve in a forum post that seemed to say as much. Getting 3 platforms ready to receive an update will prolong the roll out to some degree. This may explains why S2 hasn’t come out already. 

2 hours ago, Loswaith said:

To catch that specific alert at that specific time, yes. To get what that offered you never had to do such.  The alert rewards came around frequently enough that if you miss one you will get one again, no problem later (often within that same month).  IE. you could take your time.

Uhhhhhhhhhh, and if you missed that one as well? 

I remember playing with a guy who was around longer than I, and had higher MR, he saw a Vauban alert and got worked on up about it, and said we should do it right away. Turned out he'd been trying to get that part for months and just kept missing it. He seemed a bit heart broken when I pointed out that I had all of the parts already. 

As @M3tallius said, it really was an unfair system. With NW, we had a window of at least a week, and I don't know if any given reward didn't show up at least twice, but I'd be a bit surprised if they hadn't. 

You could, but it required you do all of them that week or completely miss out on that rep (while realistically it took way longer than just a couple of hours).  Best case scenario you will get the option to do that same nightwave again in a year.  Neither of those aspects are "taking your sweet time about it" anymore than events are.
With out more rep you aren't getting more creds, ever (thus not getting any cred rewards).

This was countered by the fact that there was so much standing that had you indeed done all of the challenges you'd have been done with tier 30 in well under 7 weeks, and left to twiddle your thumbs for over a month. 

Or you could have played at a much more sedate rate and gone well past tier 30 by week 11.

In practice, No you couldn't.  To keep up you needed about 30,000 per week, of 43,000 available, the 3 elites were 15,000 of that thus let you with 28,000.  Which is not enough at all to get the whole thing done.  Leaving you 2000 short per week, or about 14 wolf team spawns per week to catch up.
If you presume you play one to two days a week (DE mentions wanting their game viable for the 'weekend warriors' a lot), that can be even fewer points.

In reality there were just over 11 weeks. 28k per week would have safely carried past the 300k mark. 

Off the top of my head I think that the total challenge standing worked out to be closer to 513k than the estimated 430k. (The first part-week was worth something like 40k because it didn't have all of the dailies and then I think that there were 11 Sundays not including the 19th. I could be wrong and you can double check me on it.)  I think that meant something like a possible 333k standing, exclusive of the elite weeklies. 

Playing 2 days a week excluded you from  something like 11 or 12k of that total. So you would probably only get to rank 32 if you were unable to collect any standing from the fugitives. 

If you counted just the 10 weeks plus one partial, you would fall squarely between the 60-65 % of total standing value that was originally floated. With the full 11+part it dropped to below 60%, which probably explains how it was possible to make it to tier 60.

So in practice, yes, you definitely could. 

1 hour ago, hendrix923 said:

I saw a comment/quote from DEs Steve in a forum post that seemed to say as much. Getting 3 platforms ready to receive an update will prolong the roll out to some degree. This may explains why S2 hasn’t come out already. 

That was also true the last time. Part of it seems to be getting the code optimised for each which delayed Fortuna quite a bit for us, and getting it through cert adds another delay. 

That's probably a big part of why they did that huge code overhaul that was supposedly to get us on the universal code, and why we have to deal with the horrible cursors that would work better for a mouse input on the consoles. But in fairness that was before Switch came along, so who knows. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jivy said:

is night-wave just not coming out anymore? they said it was a small grace period this aint small.. 😞

DE said it's coming Soon™. This means anything from a week to 2 years. They have shown cosmetics and put up workshops explaining how they're gonna change the new system though, so hopefully sometime in the next month or two.