Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not endless progression in Warframe?

Vit0Corleone

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Difficulty sliders and more "endgame" is actively being talked about and in works inside DE's HQ. 

^____^

And they shall be nerfed a week after the deployment because the too hard content that is supposed to be too hard for the hardcore is too hard.

They cant handle the hardness.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Anyways, it IS an "excuse".  Might not be one you agree with, but the facts are there to back it up.

i just used "veteran" for my example. it doesnt matter what words you use. I'm saying we need tiered difficulty. there's no excuse not to have it.

Edited by Ikyr0

8 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

i just used "veteran" for my example. it doesnt matter what words you use. I'm saying we need tiered difficulty. there's no excuse not to have it.

On the contrary, when communicating purely via text on a forum, words matter quite alot!

And I already gave you  reasons the sliders/tiered difficulty don't work on starchart nodes. 

There ARE other things outside the Starchart to engage in...

15 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

All I say is that difficulty stuff is already in the works. They talked about it in the past and I even think it was on that useless thingy.. what's it called.. this wall xD I forgot the name.. 

Something board.. oh no roadmap! 

Also worth mentioning is the difficulty slider.. they talked about it, but since I'm not at DEs Office I can't tell anyone it's progress.

A difficulty slider is nice. but just a band aid really. Cool if all you want is to challenge yourself, but that isn't going to appeal to most players I think, unless there's a reward worth chasing that is not just "hey I did it".

The system I was describing allows for a constant endless challenge<>reward loop ( *in theory* ) that of course DE would have to feed with new/improved toys. In essence, the rewards you get allow you to get slightly stronger over time, which in turn makes it feasible for you as a player to engage the next difficulty tier. Rinse, and repeat.

Edited by Vit0Corleone

Just now, PatternistSlave said:

Already exists.  Sorties, Kuva, ESO and Arbitrations are essentially that.

How exactly are those examples anything related to the system I've described? There is no challenge reward loop there that I can see.

3 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

How exactly are those examples anything related to the system I've described? There is no challenge reward loop there that I can see.

It's the same content.  Scaled up.  With endgame rewards.  Generally with modifiers to make it not exactly the same, but I don't see added variety as a downside.  They do space it out a bit and randomize it to make it feel less repetitive, but it's essentially the starchart over again.

On 2019-05-28 at 11:07 PM, Jiminez_Burial said:

No, not something I want.  When I ask for difficulty I don't just want the enemy stats to get larger, I want differences in AI behaviour with more complex mechanic interactions and all round a far higher skill ceiling.  Simply increasing enemy level as a stat multiplier is an incredibly lazy way to fabricate difficulty.

You can't go left and right at once by wanting a higher difficulty based on mechanics and AI complexity while the core game is centered on raw stats such as ability duration, range, and ability strength. Such a concept is incompatible with WF as we know it until all damage from all frame abilities and weapons is normalized and damage mods and stat boost mods are completely removed.

WF is a game in which you're dealing with hordes of enemies at once like Dynasty Warriors. Warframe is not Dark Souls or DMC in which difficulty is controlled by means of focused enemy encounters instead of hordes.

A toggle in which you can increase the base level of all enemies by 100 is a more sensible solution if it's a toggle that is off by default. It would separate the player base between those using it and those not using it, but it will not affect you if implemented. Your proposal on the other hand would necessitate reworking the entire game down to its most basic concepts like Stretch and Intensify.

Edited by Jarriaga

We should just have an item that visually adds extra 0s to the back of damage and health numbers for people who equip it. Have it take billions of affinity to level up and each level adds an additional 0 to the back. That way, people can have their endless progression for 50 million damage power fantasy all they want without messing with anyone or anything else.

The problem with this idea is the reward for doing it. Satisfying all levels of players will be DE's biggest headache. This community panics to anything that they can get that involves difficulty.

I like the idea though but i doubt DE will ever adopt it seeing how the game practically gives everything away behind RNG with no challenge at all.

Edited by Alpha_Tango