Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's handling of Lunaro

The_Great_Hawk

Just now, evil_m3nace said:

I did not know. Tell me more. 

A rather small streamer decided he wanted to host some Lunaro tourneys, so he set the plan in place, and several of the 'pro' players donated significant amounts of plat to the tourneys,
both teams that won were absolutely spectacular, the even was streamed, and recorded, Unfortunately, little footage remains, however if you want, i could link some youtube vids with gameplay footage of 2 of the players that won either tourney

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

Unfortunately, little footage remains, however if you want, i could link some youtube vids with gameplay footage of 2 of the players that won either tourney

That sounds like fun, yes please. 

As a person who played almost only Lunaro since its release, I can say that Lunaro always had flaws. But that's not surprising. After all there was no such a pvp mode. In fact this was an uncharted area for DE and for PvP in common. And don't compare it with Rocket League. Of all that they have in common is only the ball and the goal. DE came up with a sport pvp based on mechanics of Warframe parkour. Maybe the ide is not original, but the mechanicks are unique. So there was no guarantee that everything would fe fine right away. Espessially considering that this is still a Bugframe but... DE did fixes, they did some changes. However, as Dave correctly noticed, new players were crushed by advanced ones so they were afraid that they can not do anything because they have no experience due to, as i said, this is a unique mode that one need to master it from scratch. So they stopped playing. Because of that someones had no one to play with and they left too. Due to low online DE stopped supporting Lunaro or did it just a little in favor of another introductions. That is sad. But there still remained those who enjoined this gamemode and are still playing it. And after Chimera update there came new bugs that killed Lunaro playability. We couldnt bear it anymore so now we ourselves began to try to get them to make fixes. They noticed us. And they promised us that they would bring fixes in mainline. But they didnt. And those bulletjump cancelling fixes are even not made properly (not for all warframes) and those ones for practice mode weren't a priority for Lunaro.

All I want to say is Lunaro requires a lot of bug fixes, mechanics fixes and much stronger supports for new players to have an amount of players like other pvp's. And I think we need help DE with that because as I understand they don't really know what exactly they should do. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

Ok, but do you think that Lunaro is good , for others too enjoy, do you think they should be able to enjoy it?

Where either others enjoys it or not is not a thing i shall interfere with but i wont deny them. However it seemed a dead race from the get go (judging from the reaction it got from its reveal).

• Like 1

Just now, Nova-IX said:

Where either others enjoys it or not is not a thing i shall interfere with but i wont deny them. However it seemed a dead race from the get go (judging from the reaction it got from its reveal).

If you watch the last video i linked above, you will see possible the greatest Lunaro player in the whole of warframe history, see how much time he has put into Lunaro.

19 minutes ago, Yujas said:

As a person who played almost only Lunaro since its release, I can say that Lunaro always had flaws. But that's not surprising. After all there was no such a pvp mode. In fact this was an uncharted area for DE and for PvP in common. And don't compare it with Rocket League. Of all that they have in common is only the ball and the goal. DE came up with a sport pvp based on mechanics of Warframe parkour. Maybe the ide is not original, but the mechanicks are unique. So there was no guarantee that everything would fe fine right away. Espessially considering that this is still a Bugframe but... DE did fixes, they did some changes. However, as Dave correctly noticed, new players were crushed by advanced ones so they were afraid that they can not do anything because they have no experience due to, as i said, this is a unique mode that one need to master it from scratch. So they stopped playing. Because of that someones had no one to play with and they left too. Due to low online DE stopped supporting Lunaro or did it just a little in favor of another introductions. That is sad. But there still remained those who enjoined this gamemode and are still playing it. And after Chimera update there came new bugs that killed Lunaro playability. We couldnt bear it anymore so now we ourselves began to try to get them to make fixes. They noticed us. And they promised us that they would bring fixes in mainline. But they didnt. And those bulletjump cancelling fixes are even not made properly (not for all warframes) and those ones for practice mode weren't a priority for Lunaro.

All I want to say is Lunaro requires a lot of bug fixes, mechanics fixes and much stronger supports for new players to have an amount of players like other pvp's. And I think we need help DE with that because as I understand they don't really know what exactly they should do. 

I completely agree with you, the game as a whole needs a lot more help than it gets, and Lunaro in particular is in dire need of help.

• Like 1

how they can make it good ? they cant 😄

but what if custom dedicated servers hosted by players ? with 99% control to the server owner ? chosing mutators ? mods ? everything
yet it wont brake the game and we the bored well this will be fun tho

31 minutes ago, J1ha7 said:

how they can make it good ? they cant 😄

but what if custom dedicated servers hosted by players ? with 99% control to the server owner ? chosing mutators ? mods ? everything
yet it wont brake the game and we the bored well this will be fun tho

we have a list of fixes waiting for them if they contact us so yeah they can make it good they just need to contact us

Edited by Paladinun
  • Like 1

PvP was dead on arrival for Warframe, the reason? Warframe is a PvE game without any aspects in the main grind that involve PvP, moreso after the armistice of Dark Sector missions. Another reason and the main issue for it to work is that DE doesn't have dedicated servers that put all players of the match under the same host and latency average, in Warframe the hosting is done by players and that instantly gives the advantage to the host of the match, give or take some glitches that can only happen when client.

This whole thread disturbs me. 

Conclave has dedicated players, yes. Conclave also has less than 1% of the player base playing it, yes.

Queuing for conclave for 30+ minutes to find a single other person to 1v1 during off hours doesn't classify as a dead mode?

Someone new joining a pvp match just to see how it is to then get destroyed by someone who only pvps never joins it again because of the bad experience. This is why there is a decline in player count for pvp.

2 weeks ago before jovian concord update steve answered someone in chat about 'lunaro fixes when' and he said there were plans to fix it because they are aware they should. To clarify for an earlier post i saw in here someone said "next mainline update they promise fixes" well, they said this after jovian concord from my perspective and we haven't had a mainline update since jovian concord, so wait until the next mainline update? Even after steve answered the person in twitch chat the same person kept spamming 'lunaro fixes when' for the next hour we waited for the update to drop - this greatly annoyed me. 

I played lunaro and conclave enough to get the second highest rank on the pvp syndicate maxed out, yet i don't see anything they should be fixing in patches because they are "broken". Personally i hope they don't waste their time updating these modes because there are far more important things that constantly need to be fixed, since these other things affect the other 99% of us.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nistafranger said:

i don't think so . There is a whole community behind those modes .
and if there is a community behind , so the gamemode is not dead . And a lot of people play the game only for pvp or lunaro ( trust me )

As I stated before on an earlier reply, raids also had an strong community and the content was still thrown into trash. Every single arcane on the market pre-Tridolon update was proof of raids community actually existing.

So many salty veterans triggered by PVP in this thread.

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

As I stated before on an earlier reply, raids also had an strong community and the content was still thrown into trash. Every single arcane on the market pre-Tridolon update was proof of raids community actually existing.

Raid was removed because it was a bug fest and DE can't/not bothered to fix it. Community size are irrelevant.

• Like 2

PvP in Warframe is, was, and will most likely always be, an afterthought. I still remember when there was no PvP, period. 

That DE is even talking about Lunaro- let alone talking about fixing it-  ought to be more than enough, because odds are, if they weren't, they were fixing to kill an otherwise dead mode and distribute the resources elsewhere. 

Is lunaro dead? Maybe but OP says people still play, so OK. 

Do I find players when I try to join a match? No, 

Did I ever manage to join a game? Managed once, 

What happened? Got my ass handed to me, couldn't even hold onto the ball for 2 seconds. 

Does that make it a bad game mode? Probably not, I am just not good at it. 

Do I have a reason to play it? Not particularly, the cosmetics look nice but I don't find them worth the effort. 

Do I care if lunaro is removed from game? No.

Do I care if entire conclave is removed from game? I will have the feeling of missing out on the cosmetics,not the actual game mode. 

11 hours ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

Tbh mate, I never really tried lunaro. After looking @ the last video tho, I could really see how much work that person put into honing his skills and becoming that good. Interested in giving it a try, and I think the people hating on this topic right now should be more open minded. 😉 Obviously the major part of this game is PVE, but something different for a change and a lil patch wont hurt. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The_Great_Hawk said:

If you watch the last video i linked above, you will see possible the greatest Lunaro player in the whole of warframe history, see how much time he has put into Lunaro.

No wonder you guys cling so hard to this game mode... that's a strong Sunk Cost Fallacy at work.

[DE]Steve did indeed say that fixes would be coming, what he didn't specify is when.

PVP modes (of which Lunaro is one) are just not very popular in Warframe (as a percentage of the actual playerbase).  Almost all of us play this game for the PVE experience, I know that out of all the people I know who play Warframe the total number of them who are interested in a PVP experience is 0.  

I hope that eventually people who do play for the PVP element get the fixes they are hoping for, but PVE content should take priority.

11 hours ago, Diavoros said:

PvP was dead on arrival for Warframe, the reason? Warframe is a PvE game without any aspects in the main grind that involve PvP, moreso after the armistice of Dark Sector missions. Another reason and the main issue for it to work is that DE doesn't have dedicated servers that put all players of the match under the same host and latency average, in Warframe the hosting is done by players and that instantly gives the advantage to the host of the match, give or take some glitches that can only happen when client.

There are player hosted dedicated servers. There's no host advantage in those, and the experience is generally superior than what you get in PvE missions:

Spoiler

Note the date by the way: October 2016

6 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

They have given us the reason why Trials were removed from the game. They explained it in one of the dev streams around the time of removal.

And as someone who played both, but liked Conclave more than Trials back in the day, I did and do say it was a mistake to remove them completely. And surprise, they have been confirmed to make a comeback in some form.

Around here, this seems to be a common justification for removing more content from the game, but it's not a good one. Why do people like you have to play one game mode against the other? Archwing was unpopular, too, yet it's still in the game. And at least in the form of open world Archwing it's an enrichment of the overall experience, I hope we can at least agree on that.

2 hours ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

[DE]Steve did indeed say that fixes would be coming, what he didn't specify is when.

PVP modes (of which Lunaro is one) are just not very popular in Warframe (as a percentage of the actual playerbase).  Almost all of us play this game for the PVE experience, I know that out of all the people I know who play Warframe the total number of them who are interested in a PVP experience is 0.  

I hope that eventually people who do play for the PVP element get the fixes they are hoping for, but PVE content should take priority.

And it does take priority. Myself, I've never been very fond of Lunaro, I've played Conclave a lot, though. Yet even I can see that it's high time they get some fixes in. We're talking about problems that got introduced with the Chimera update here. It has now been over half a year, I think.

Edited by Kontrollo
missing words
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fatmrhamster said:

Tbh mate, I never really tried lunaro. After looking @ the last video tho, I could really see how much work that person put into honing his skills and becoming that good. Interested in giving it a try, and I think the people hating on this topic right now should be more open minded. 😉 Obviously the major part of this game is PVE, but something different for a change and a lil patch wont hurt. 

THANK YOU the only person with a CONSTRUCTIVE comment

7 hours ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

Actually Steve himself specifically said at the start of one of the devstreams, BEFORE jovian, that they were coming with the mainline...

7 hours ago, Uber.Munchkin said:

yes i agree pve content should take priority and no the people that play it are not 0 3 5 or 10 its more than that but still DE promissed our fixes in the mainline where the #*!% are our fixes?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Raids had an extremely strong community as well.

Raids were bugged to high heaven and DE decided trying to fix them was not worth the effort under the current system.  Supposedly they were going to revisit them, but I haven’t heard anything more on that front.

• Like 1