Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 members of my squad, including me got one shot in Arbitration :D

YazMatazO

Question

<angoa> took 271 damage at 1,950 health from a CORRUPTED CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon
<YazMatazO> took 541 damage at 2,600 health from a CORRUPTED CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon
<Kaethela> took 335 damage at 1,194 health from a ARCTIC using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon

And I don't know why we died. 

We laughed about it and the last squad member extracted, but the question remains :D. 

I know a lot folks have been reporting these one shots, and lo and behold, it happened to me. But that's me playing my Mag. When I play my Trinity, who has 2k armor and a trick or two more up her sleeve, this never happens. 

Still, anyone has an idea?

23 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, MajesticPinecone said:

your list says it right there you got one shot by a grenade

Ok... so how much damage do those grenades do? 

Nearly 2k hp with health flower from Wisp and energy for Quick Thinking gets erased. 

Not to mention that for the life of me I can't understand what exactly those lines of text from the ee.log mean.  

25 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Nearly 2k hp with health flower from Wisp and energy for Quick Thinking gets erased. 

Not to mention that for the life of me I can't understand what exactly those lines of text from the ee.log mean.  

grenades just like enemies scale and are extremely powerful  maybe grenades cancel out quick thinking i have no idea i don't do arbitration runs

5 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

Enough to one shot Nidus...

On Aten they can one shot the Console resulting in an instant mission failure...

I find this to be extremely annoying because once the grenade is thrown there is literally nothing you can do about it.

5 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

That sounds about Right... Quick Thinking is Overrated.

4 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

The grenades are freaking OP and despite being able to destroy them before detonation now

What ? Since when ? :O

4 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

So if you hear some ticking and you're not playing a super tanky frame, get the hell out.

Best advice !!!

When I hear beeping I just move...regardless of what frame im using... I would prefer not to take any damage if I don't have to...

Sounds like those grenades can deal True damage lol (like, seriously, no type of resistance works against it, not sure about Inaros since I dun have arcanes to build him), not to mention its base dmg scales with level.

I remember playing as a Rhino a got blown "to infinity, and beyond" by a lvl 80 grenade.

Edited by Diangelius

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

What ? Since when ? 😮

6 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

So if you hear some ticking and you're not playing a super tanky frame, get the hell out.

Best advice !!!

When I hear beeping I just move...regardless of what frame im using... I would prefer not to take any damage if I don't have to...

A while ago...uff, don't remember exactly when but it's at least over a year if not 2 ago.

Fun fact, it even goes through snowglobes.

8 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

Sorry but the killing blows dealt 271, 541 and 335 damage to each one of you. None of you were full life when the Grenade exploded. Anyway, a grenade thrown by a Crewman has to be avoided at all costs. A grenade thrown by a Corrupted Crewman even more. In Arbitrations ? You should run for your life as soon as you hear its sound.

Edit: If you were playing Mag... Well yeah, everything one-shots her anyway, Wisp or not.

Edited by Chewarette

Corpus grenades are like at x5 bonus damage comparing to Greneer ones, last fixes just afected "fuse time" but no OP damage...

So as suggested by others - avoid be in blast radius and pray your defense/mobile defense/extractor goal don't get oneshot too...

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Sorry but the killing blows dealt 271, 541 and 335 damage to each one of you.

Oh, I can vouch I was at full life then :). And had close to full energy, too. 

What I don't see in the log, though, is how much total damage the thing does. Is that a head shot explosion? Ect, ect.

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

That sounds about Right... Quick Thinking is Overrated.

Naah. 

Even so, it's the best some frames can afford. It adds another 1,8k hp for me. 

6 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Oh, I can vouch I was at full life then :). And had close to full energy, too. 

What I don't see in the log, though, is how much total damage the thing does. Is that a head shot explosion? Ect, ect.

Naah. 

Yeah the logs are not exhaustive, only listing the killing blows. In that case, that's very possible you've been hit by several things at the same time or very close, with the Grenade dealing the killing blow a few microseconds later.

Regarding Quick Thinking, it will simply stop saving you at one point, when the damage is too high it will bypass your energy entirely. That's why that's not really interesting for (very) long runs. And especially not on Mag, she's taking stupid amount of damage so that's very easy to bypass the energy. That's even more true when facing Ancients or Corrupted Ancients, as they grab-thing will also reduce your energy when dealing damage

Edited by Chewarette

2 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

I couldn't explain why I got one-shot inside my globe a couple of days ago but this explains it. Guess I'll have to keep my volume up when playing against Corpus as I usually keep it fairly low.

52 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Yeah the logs are not exhaustive, only listing the killing blows. In that case, that's very possible you've been hit by several things at the same time or very close, with the Grenade dealing the killing blow a few microseconds later.

Regarding Quick Thinking, it will simply stop saving you at one point, when the damage is too high it will bypass your energy entirely. That's why that's not really interesting for (very) long runs. And especially not on Mag, she's taking stupid amount of damage so that's very easy to bypass the energy. That's even more true when facing Ancients or Corrupted Ancients, as they grab-thing will also reduce your energy when dealing damage

Yes, I was thinking that's one possibility. Although... I just don't remember being under heavy fire, as well, man. The whole thing is a bit weird. And everybody on my squad were like--'Wat?!'

On my other frames, I can usually reach 1500 armor or more, so surviving is never really that kind of an issue, let alone, I've never had something like this happen. My Trinity can be stupidly tanky, for example. On Mag I can hold my own against 120 and above Grineer, no problem. Just did that in Kuva survival. Also did an arbitration survival against Corpus, and I was the only one that didn't die, but the team wanted to extract early, and I didn't feel like doing it solo, although I don't think it would be that big of a thing. After all, Magus Lockdown works on drones and nullies. 

Ultimately, I think Quick Thinking is doing it's job outside of this one case, which was an Orokin Survival Arbitration 😕

11 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

<angoa> took 271 damage at 1,950 health from a CORRUPTED CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon
<YazMatazO> took 541 damage at 2,600 health from a CORRUPTED CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon
<Kaethela> took 335 damage at 1,194 health from a ARCTIC using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon

And I don't know why we died. 

It says "from a CORRUPTED CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon". What do you mean you don't know why you died?

Use mods like Quick Thinking + Rage if you are having trouble. But your squad should target enemies that do high amount of damage first so you don't even need those mods.

31 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Yes, I was thinking that's one possibility. Although... I just don't remember being under heavy fire, as well, man. The whole thing is a bit weird. And everybody on my squad were like--'Wat?!'

On my other frames, I can usually reach 1500 armor or more, so surviving is never really that kind of an issue, let alone, I've never had something like this happen. My Trinity can be stupidly tanky, for example. On Mag I can hold my own against 120 and above Grineer, no problem. Just did that in Kuva survival. Also did an arbitration survival against Corpus, and I was the only one that didn't die, but the team wanted to extract early, and I didn't feel like doing it solo, although I don't think it would be that big of a thing. After all, Magus Lockdown works on drones and nullies. 

Ultimately, I think Quick Thinking is doing it's job outside of this one case, which was an Orokin Survival Arbitration 😕

I'm not saying you suck or can't survive in high level missions. 😛

Just saying Quick Thinking will hit a cap someday, and here you're talking about the worst combo in the game right now: Grenades, thrown by Crewman, which are CORRUPTED, that deals stupidly high damage, much higher than anything in the Kuva Fortress can do even at levels 3x higher.

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Just saying Quick Thinking will hit a cap someday

There's a level to anything and everything :).  Never argued against that.

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

and here you're talking about the worst combo in the game right now: Grenades, thrown by Crewman, which are CORRUPTED, that deals stupidly high damage, much higher than anything in the Kuva Fortress can do even at levels 3x higher.

Well... Grineer missions in general are quite ok. But I didn't know that the Corrupted, outside of MOT, that is, get any considerable damage bonuses, if any, at all. If you're equating a Corrupted Crewman lvl 120 to something in the Kuva Fortress lvl 300... then, that's kinda bad. Kuva Grineer, I find, are more damaging then ordinary ones. 

6 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

A while ago...uff, don't remember exactly when but it's at least over a year if not 2 ago.

Yeah alot of AoE damage effects do that.... its really annoying.

4 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

Naah

That doesn't what I said isn't accurate... Shields are rubbish but its best some frames can afford...

Samething applies to quick thinking.... if you have The Slot For it then why not ? I use it in Limbo because thats one of the simplest builds in the game... I don't use on Nova because theres just no room.

6 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

I will keep my eyes... err, ears open, although I've never heard those ticking. I am so unused to this. 

In between the misic and the gun fire and all the ability spam sound effects I don't blame you for not hearing them...

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

That's even more true when facing Ancients or Corrupted Ancients, as they grab-thing will also reduce your energy when dealing damage

Oh joy... getting Swept off my feet while other enemies beat me to a pulp. How fun !!! 

6 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Kuva Grineer, I find, are more damaging then ordinary ones. 

Don't more of them use Slash Weapons like The Drakgoon ?

Same happened to me. Got one shot two times after the 30 minute mark with a potato’d / forma Harrow in between pressing his 4. After the first time I even played extremely defensively, spamming his one and only depleting my shields when 4 was active. But even that didn’t stop it. Now I know what the likely culprit was!