Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Spin2Win is hated so much?

breakdafunk

I will be honest with you... my melee weapon of choice is Guandao with a Riven and Maiming Strike. I find it fun to play and efficient :). 

Never experienced any hostility towards that play-style while playing but noticed that it is really frowned upon on the forums.

Why pressing CTRL+E to remove hordes of enemies is considered lame but using Saryn, Equinox, Mesa, Chroma (insane buff) or other insanely powerful Warframe is acceptable even when it requires less user input?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

but using Saryn, Equinox, Mesa, Chroma (insane buff) or other insanely powerful Warframe is acceptable even when it requires less user input?

Are we talking about the same forums? Because the same people who frown upon Spin2Win also frown on what you just listed.

Many of us don't play for efficiency, as that can sap the overall enjoyment of not just the user but fellow players as well.

• Like 21

10 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

I will be honest with you... my melee weapon of choice is Guandao with a Riven and Maiming Strike. I find it fun to play and efficient :). 

Never experienced any hostility towards that play-style while playing but noticed that it is really frowned upon on the forums.

Why pressing CTRL+E to remove hordes of enemies is considered lame but using Saryn, Equinox, Mesa, Chroma (insane buff) or other insanely powerful Warframe is acceptable even when it requires less user input?

As stated by DeMonkey, the people who hate spin2win also hate those Warframes.  And at the end of the day it's not really the act itself that annoys us, it's the fact that you obviously didn't need to join a squad in order to be as efficient ('cause you're gonna one hit everything anyway) and yet you still did.  Do that in solo and no-one will complain.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
  • Like 14

Because it's using one move over and over and wiping the entire map, compared to any other strategy which involves actually using the game's primary features. Even the most powerful map-clears require you to choose how to activate and aim the ability etc, and as above, they're hated to a degree as well. It's a problem when DE has to specifically say that you aren't allowed to write a macro that autoplays the game with a Maiming Strike build.

Personally I dislike Maiming Strike just because it's clearly just a bugged mod, and it highlights DE's nature of avoiding upsetting people too much. It gives a flat increase rather than an increase based on the weapon's base stat; barely any other mod does that and the wording on Maiming Strike implies that it should work the same as everything else. It should have always been +90% of base crit chance, but people started paying hundreds of plat for it so DE left it alone so as not to offend anybody. 

• Like 5

vor 10 Minuten schrieb YUNoJump:

Personally I dislike Maiming Strike just because it's clearly just a bugged mod, and it highlights DE's nature of avoiding upsetting people too much. It gives a flat increase rather than an increase based on the weapon's base stat; barely any other mod does that and the wording on Maiming Strike implies that it should work the same as everything else. It should have always been +90% of base crit chance, but people started paying hundreds of plat for it so DE left it alone so as not to offend anybody. 

Dont worry DE will nerf Maiming Strike into the ground with melee 3.0 ... when it finally arrives in 2035 :crylaugh:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

As stated by DeMonkey, the people who hate spin2win also hate those Warframes.  And at the end of the day it's not really the act itself that annoys us, it's the fact that you obviously didn't need to join a squad in order to be as efficient ('cause you're gonna one hit everything anyway) and yet you still did.  Do that in solo and no-one will complain.

As I said - I have never experienced any hostility towards the play-style while actually playing the game. It appears to be a forum phenomenon.

1. it is for the most part a solo tactic, why do you need to group for that? (relics are an exception)
2. It looks silly (may as well have kept coptering, given it is the same deal, but more effective)
3. It super breaks immersion (sure you dont need immersion for fun but it can help some players)
4. It lets you move, thus be a harder target and eventually obliterates everything when other powers slack off
5. It renders all other aspects of melee pointless. Thus any work DE does on stances and/or balance is moot.

Personally I would have less issue if it did normal melee damage (that way its more a choice), but as it does huge amounts more than a normal melee attack and often does more than a wall attack (a reasonably difficult task to do), for what is a trivial action (that is often just a macro), it is always a dominate strategy.

Edited by Loswaith

2 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

It appears to be a forum phenomenon.

That's because forums are for talking in, games are for playing.

If we played the forums and talked in game it would be weird. :tongue:

Humour aside, that's literally it. Forums are designed as a place for open communication, it's obviously the place where you're going to find people sharing opinions, negative or otherwise.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Because it's using one move over and over and wiping the entire map, compared to any other strategy which involves actually using the game's primary features. Even the most powerful map-clears require you to choose how to activate and aim the ability etc, and as above, they're hated to a degree as well. It's a problem when DE has to specifically say that you aren't allowed to write a macro that autoplays the game with a Maiming Strike build.

I wouldn't agree that it is somehow superior to other play-styles in terms of power. 

I can take my nerfed Banshee, mod it for strength and duration + augment, stand in the middle of a map and just spam quake. Everything will die after 2-3 quakes.

I can take Equinox, press 4, accumulate damage, and then press 4 again. Everything will die. No aiming involved. 

Saryn indeed requires me to aim... in a general direction of enemies 🙂. After that it is "press 4 and everything dies".

On the other hand Spin2Win enables me to use CC frames like Vauban Prime as it covers his lack of damage output.

Edited by breakdafunk

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

That's because forums are for talking in, games are for playing.

If we played the forums and talked in game it would be weird. :tongue:

Humour aside, that's literally it. Forums are designed as a place for open communication, it's obviously the place where you're going to find people sharing opinions, negative or otherwise.

I guess you might be right but after reading the forums I was convinced that Spin2Win should really clear a whole map with a single spin which is simply not true. I have a Riven with +range, and even when I pair it with Primed Reach it is nowhere near the range achieved by map clearing frames.

• Like 1

il y a 17 minutes, breakdafunk a dit :

As I said - I have never experienced any hostility towards the play-style while actually playing the game. It appears to be a forum phenomenon.

If the person is particularly disruptive, which can happen, i tend to just leave at the first chance. Mostly because any attempt at talking gets generally dismissed or memed out. 

And it's not even about maiming about or other stuff. It's more people that disrupt the game for others. Like, if you want to memestrike about you go you, but don't chase mobs 4 tiles over #*!%ing the spawns for everyone else. Same reason why you don't generally bring a max duration slow nova to defence or survival. Or a max range limbo to kuva survival (hint, locking mobs out of sight in a huge area is not smart play). 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

If the person is particularly disruptive, which can happen, i tend to just leave at the first chance. Mostly because any attempt at talking gets generally dismissed or memed out. 

And it's not even about maiming about or other stuff. It's more people that disrupt the game for others. Like, if you want to memestrike about you go you, but don't chase mobs 4 tiles over #*!%ing the spawns for everyone else. Same reason why you don't generally bring a max duration slow nova to defence or survival. Or a max range limbo to kuva survival (hint, locking mobs out of sight in a huge area is not smart play). 

I guess I just tend to restrict my spinning potential a bit as I know that spawn rates in Warframe are abysmal :).

15 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Actually i hate people who won't do meta spin2win saryn.

Reason is simple, they are just too stronk and easily taken away "fun" from people who love to use trash non-meta weapons.

With Saryn I tend to use my status ZAW... it obliterates enemies as fast as my Guandao.

24 minutes ago, Loswaith said:

1. it is for the most part a solo tactic, why do you need to group for that? (relics are an exception)
2. It looks silly (may as well have kept coptering, given it is the same deal, but more effective)
3. It super breaks immersion (sure you dont need immersion for fun but it can help some players)
4. It lets you move, thus be a harder target and eventually obliterates everything when other powers slack off
5. It renders all other aspects of melee pointless. Thus any work DE does on stances and/or balance is moot.

Personally I would have less issue if it did normal melee damage (that way its more a choice), but as it does huge amounts more than a normal melee attack and often does more than a wall attack (a reasonably difficult task to do), for what is a trivial action (that is often just a macro), it is always a dominate strategy.

1. I need a group for affinity and spawn rates.

2. It does look silly.... as much as bullet jump ;).

3. I can not relate to this.

4. Like many other powers in Warframe.

5. I will agree with that. Stances seem to be too slow for the current iteration of Warframe. Lets see what a full melee rework brings to the table.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

I wouldn't agree that it is somehow superior to other play-styles in terms of power. 

I can take my nerfed Banshee, mod it for strength and duration + augment, stand in the middle of a map and just spam quake. Everything will die after 2-3 quakes.

I can take Equinox, press 4, accumulate damage, and then press 4 again. Everything will die. No aiming involved. 

Saryn indeed requires me to aim... in a general direction of enemies 🙂. After that it is "press 4 and everything dies".

On the other hand Spin2Win enables me to use CC frames like Vauban Prime as it covers his lack of damage output.

I don't mean to say that Maiming Strike builds are fully superior to the most powerful abilities, but it's certainly very high up the tier list for what it is and how simple it is to do once you have the mod. I don't know much about Banshee, but with Equinox you first have to accumulate charge, which takes time and some effort to not die, and at least Saryn requires you to aim at enemies and manage energy costs and such. There's also the fact that any ability-based strategy is going to be severely affected by Nullifiers.

Maiming Strike costs nothing to use and hits a decent area with massive damage that can also scale, it also lets you equip any frame so you can be as tanky as you like, or add a damage boost ability. As for the CC angle, stopping enemies in preparation for Maiming Strike is no more useful than preparing them for any other AoE ability. 

43 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

With Saryn I tend to use my status ZAW... it obliterates enemies as fast as my Guandao.

Yea, saryn has better synergy for CO, that is true.

But what i mean is "i love everyone who kills the most of enemies solo", while some guys tend to hate it because "there is no gameplay" or something like that.

So whichever works.

Simply because X is trying to decide what is fun for Y. It works both ways, both the people who like Spin2Win and those who hate it. They simply think they are correct and argue until the cows come home.

24 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Simply because X is trying to decide what is fun for Y. It works both ways, both the people who like Spin2Win and those who hate it. They simply think they are correct and argue until the cows come home.

Humanity in a nut shell ;).

• Like 1

Do what you like. I may occasionally roll my eyes at some tweaker Volt scooting along like a dog with an itchy butt, but hey -- if they want to do all the work, more power to them. I'll follow along behind, take in the scenery, and pick up the loot. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

In my experience I find the spin to win player the first one to go down. So I patiently wait with my clap emote ready, for the inevitable, kinda like a hyperactive 4 year on to much sugar that you've told to slow down or you'll bump your head. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82