Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, are we ever gonna get that Nyx rework?

Lumania

Sorry if this have already been asked, but it really troubles me (since Nyx is my fav frame) to see that Wukong already got his rework when Nyx was promised one before him together with Titania (my second fav frame), and both of them just got some tweaks to their abilities and called it a day.. Did I miss something? Is a real rework actually coming for Nyx? Or should I just abandon my hopes of actually being able to use Nyx on high level missions comfortably?

• Like 6

I don't consider it a "rework", that's why I said "tweak"... I remember them saying they would completely changed her 2, but w/e, if she's as "pretty good at her current state" as you say, why is it I never see one? (Even less the higher enemies you're facing)

They reworked the skills though no matter what you want to call it. They worked them over and changed them up. Now they didn't change the skill entirely and make them something else new, but they did rework them.

Poured some new life into the skill to make it a little to a lot more useful than it was back in update 6.

There's the update it was done in even. I'm just a player like yourself and this is the best I can tell you about Nyx. Personally; I like the frame, always want to take her out and use her, but when I do and she comes off as clumsy and not as useful as Zephyr, I put her back away. She takes a lot of skill to use, and you gotta use her correctly.

1 hour ago, Lumania said:

Sorry if this have already been asked, but it really troubles me (since Nyx is my fav frame) to see that Wukong already got his rework when Nyx was promised one before him together with Titania (my second fav frame), and both of them just got some tweaks to their abilities and called it a day.. Did I miss something? Is a real rework actually coming for Nyx? Or should I just abandon my hopes of actually being able to use Nyx on high level missions comfortably?

Rework doesn’t always imply complete ability replacements. Nezha just got added and changed functions and he turned out great.

Now I’m not saying Nyx’s rework wasn’t terrible. It is. Both hers and Titanias did next to nothing to improve the frames and make them more viable. 

23 minutes ago, Lumania said:

I don't consider it a "rework", that's why I said "tweak"... I remember them saying they would completely changed her 2, but w/e, if she's as "pretty good at her current state" as you say, why is it I never see one? (Even less the higher enemies you're facing)

it's safe to say that whether you 'see' a frame or not with your fairly limited play time (compared to..you know...the rest of the 30M players) is not a valid reason for judging if a frame is good or not

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

She’s really not. There are even arguements that she’s even worse than before her rework. 

Tho in my opinion Nyx’s rework didn’t improve her in the slightest.

I'd say that's total BS. the old PB was prob one of the worst abilities, at least now it doesn't something useful even with the dumb limitations it has 

if you want something worst after the rework, look at ember 

Just now, GinKenshin said:

I'd say that's total BS. the old PB was prob one of the worst abilities, at least now it doesn't something useful even with the dumb limitations it has 

if you want something worst after the rework, look at ember 

Making 1 ability good while failing to improve the rest definitely qualifies as a terrible rework.

34 minutes ago, Lumania said:

Well, you asked why Nyx and Titania hadn't gotten their reworks.  So the important thing isn't whether you or me consider them reworks, but whether DE does.  Apparently the answer to that question is "yes."

Not trying to shut you down, but it seems like arguing the semantics of what constitutes a rework is not going to go anywhere productive as feedback.  Talking about the current state of the frame just...just...might. 

Edited by Tiltskillet

DE did already "rework" Nyx. It's pretty clear by that "rework" that nobody on the team involved ever played her. Pretty much all the feedback people offered before said "rework" was ignored, none of her problems adressed. Don't hold your breath, dude, at least they didn't broke whatever worked on her already.

Edited by Infirito
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lumania said:

Sorry dude. 

DE doesn't treat frames equally in terms of rework design. It's also apparent that Pablo does a superior job in reworks than anyone else. 

If you don't like Nyx now, you're screwed. She's not getting any more changes.

• Like 4

hace 5 horas, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

She’s really not. There are even arguements that she’s even worse than before her rework. 

Tho in my opinion Nyx’s rework didn’t improve her in the slightest.

THANK YOU, I was beginning to think I was insane..

hace 6 horas, GinKenshin dijo:

it's safe to say that whether you 'see' a frame or not with your fairly limited play time (compared to..you know...the rest of the 30M players) is not a valid reason for judging if a frame is good or not

So +1900 hs is limited play time? Geez..

Edited by Lumania
Shortened the quote for a more clear response

The changes DE recently made to Nyx are likely what they considered her rework: from the playerbase's general assessment, and the OP's, it looks like that wasn't nearly enough, and personally I think some of the changes kind of went about her the wrong way (Absorb doesn't need to buff her weapon damage, it should be good at what it does as a baseline). She needs another rework, one that goes beyond the surface to try to actually fix her core problems, and pays attention to what players have been asking of her (Absorb still drains her Energy from ally damage, for example, an issue that's been repeatedly pointed out and should be easy to fix).

• Like 2

They don't need to "fix" her skills, they need to make content in which those skills are usable. Because no amount of additional effects and buffs will fix the fact that Chaos will never have even a tenth of the usefulness of Miasma in current environment

They did rework her. She's called Revenant now.

Jokes aside, I also advocate, strongly, that she is just plain worse than before. I don't even touch her anymore and she was pretty much my favorite frame before they decided to blow out her knee caps.

The damage is done. They listened to absolutely everyone -but- the people who seemed to play and understand Nyx. They made a frame to placate people that don't play her and still don't. They managed to chase off at least me so maybe they lost more than they gained? I don't have the stats but I'm not optimistic on its success.

Small changes, big consequences.

22 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

Jokes aside, I also advocate, strongly, that she is just plain worse than before. I don't even touch her anymore and she was pretty much my favorite frame before they decided to blow out her knee caps.

The damage is done. They listened to absolutely everyone -but- the people who seemed to play and understand Nyx. They made a frame to placate people that don't play her and still don't. They managed to chase off at least me so maybe they lost more than they gained? I don't have the stats but I'm not optimistic on its success.

Small changes, big consequences.

Amazing.

This is the exact same scenario I have with Zephyr, and yeah people swear to god that she's improved drastically since her tweaks despite the fact that those who play her understood that the changes were minimal and almost insignificant.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Amazing.

This is the exact same scenario I have with Zephyr, and yeah people swear to god that she's improved drastically since her tweaks despite the fact that those who play her understood that the changes were minimal and almost insignificant.

Just like the Wukong rework. The only benefits are if you die A LOT and if you are  good player then you won't even notice any benefits.

Wukong needs another rework, stat.

13 hours ago, Sir_Carl said:

errr Nyx is pretty good at it's current state

She's great if you are a fan of call of duty in space and don't care about using abilities and wonder what on earth 1,2,3,4 mean on the keyboard when it comes to warframe.

Yeah.