Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp motes

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

So heres some feedback for wisp...

#1 Give us the ability to remove motes,  not everyone likes speed buffs and shock motes can be a real pain slowing everything down.  It would be nice to be able to remove motes when needed.   Breaching seems like it would blow up a mote......

#2 Shock mote needs changed or something.  Most enemies who get hit with Shock get stunned,  and since shock is continuously being applied they get stunned often,  which slows down the action ALOT.   This can be good in some situations,  but as an offensive mote it does more harm than good.  This need tweeked or changed.   Just keep it straight damage with 0% chance to stun.  Or make it so that if one enemy is within 5meters of another they both get double zapped or something (and can chain to other enemies).  Or just change the element.   Isnt Sol's Gate radiation damage??  I dont understand why her mote is just electric.  It should be a radiation mote,  making enemies turn on one another would be awesome.   Likewise if the mote is only going to be single element it could just as easily be fire.

Thats about my only complaints so far.  Im doing max range with medium strength I love her as a support role.  Although I think we need a new ghosty/ethereal melee weapon to go with her not just guns.   I would really love a great pair of daggers!! I just unlocked Ivara a few weeks back and I would love to use daggers on her also,  they have such a killer stealth kill animation.   

11 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

This can be good in some situations,  but as an offensive mote it does more harm than good.  This need tweeked or changed.   Just keep it straight damage with 0% chance to stun.

And then follow the complaints about how it's flat damage that serves no purpose at higher levels, and how it used to be a good ability.

It's supposed to be a CC ability, and whilst I think that it CC's a little too well for my liking I wouldn't like to see it's entire concept upended. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

It should be a radiation mote,  making enemies turn on one another would be awesome.   Likewise if the mote is only going to be single element it could just as easily be fire.

Electricity is fitting, as in media a lot of spirits/ghosts will create electrical disturbances as they go about their... ghosting.

Radiation to me would be quite generic. Oberon and Loki can each apply swathes of Radiation procs, Nyx does the same thing with her Chaos. Another frame doing the same thing wouldn't interest me.

Fire could work, however fire procs will still stun enemies so you're back at square one.

• Like 3

If it suppose to be cc then fine,  but then I would ask for a 4th mote that is for damage.    

A mote that blows up a few seconds after an enemy walks into its radius (so it has the chance of catching more than one enemy).  Or any of the other bazillion methods of doing damage.

A mote(or several) that do nothing.....UNTIL you let loose with Sol's Gate,  then all those mote open portals to the sun and channel beams of radiation down on whatever wisp is pointing at.   Or they could all shoot energy to Wisp so she can super charge her beam for alot longer.  

26 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

You can say that about any ability in the game.  Her motes just feel unbalanced without something offensive.   U can heal, u can buff,  u can CC and do little damage... 

I'd like one for a debuff or dps... 

Yeah, let's totally ignore that 60% fire rate/attack speed is "damage"

And you can remove Reservoirs. Given you can only have 6 at all times. If someone wants to get rid of the buff, unless you have 3000% Duration, he just has to wait 30 seconds and NEVER set a foot inside the clearly-delimited area. That's not comparable to Limbo's Rift or Volt's Speed as you can't dodge them unless you dodge the Warframes entirely. If you have a Reservoir buff, it's because you wanted to get it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

And you can remove Reservoirs. Given you can only have 6 at all times. If someone wants to get rid of the buff, unless you have 3000% Duration, he just has to wait 30 seconds and NEVER set a foot inside the clearly-delimited area. That's not comparable to Limbo's Rift or Volt's Speed as you can't dodge them unless you dodge the Warframes entirely. If you have a Reservoir buff, it's because you wanted to get it.

Defence missions exist, as do tight corridors.

On 2019-06-24 at 6:31 AM, DeMonkey said:

It's supposed to be a CC ability, and whilst I think that it CC's a little too well for my liking I wouldn't like to see it's entire concept upended. 

I agree with that, my only complaint with it is that the stun overwrites any melee finisher openings, I know I'm like one of two people who unironically use the Zakti with a dagger for instant kills but BOY do I hate shock motes when I am using that combination.

If it just wouldn't remove finisher chances I wouldn't have a problem with it, I have more issue with not being able to opt out of the haste mote, its bad enough when I have to backroll every 10 seconds with a Volt running around hopped up on caffeine, but not being able to avoid it with a Wisp on the team grinds my gears at times...

• Like 1

.............. Wisp is literally the most fun frame to play that DE has come out with in years. 

It's not exactly like the flowers are difficult to see, and the longest I've been able to push their duration is a bit over 60 seconds. If you don't like them so much, then stay away from my flowers o.o....

This isn't volt who gives you a cocaine enema with no warning rather you want it or not, you have to actually choose to pass through a mote. On static missions where you don't spend a lot of time moving, I put three flowers in a center location so people can get their full buff all at once and then spread the other three in a roughly triangular outer perimeter so that people can choose the buffs they want. Saryns tend to love me being around in ESO because it means they don't have to waste a node on regenerative molt. Leave my flowers alone. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Aldain said:

not being able to avoid it with a Wisp on the team...

Excuse you. All you have to do is stay out of the area of effect of the motes. To get the absolute best out of the motes you have to mod them for decreased range anyway (if the motes are your primary focus of your build) if you don't want the motes, stay out of the ring that marks their area of effect. It's not that hard.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Excuse you. All you have to do is stay out of the area of effect of the motes. To get the absolute best out of the motes you have to mod them for decreased range anyway (if the motes are your primary focus of your build) if you don't want the motes, stay out of the ring that marks their area of effect. It's not that hard.

Uhm... why would you build for negativ range? Sure, if you want Narrow Minded. But why using that if you can get a great amount of duration even without it? And if you don't use Narrow Minded, you won't hurt all your other abilities.

As someone already said, narrow corridors are a thing in Warframe. You can't avoid the motes that easily. And no way of opting out is problematic. For example I can't use my usual Sarpa build with my Wisp, because the attack speed buff is #*!%ing up my combos...

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

All you have to do is stay out of the area of effect of the motes.

I try to avoid them if I don't want them, but would it really be that bad to be able to backroll a haste mote off?

I don't see Volt players complaining that others can opt out of speed's effect.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

This isn't volt who gives you a cocaine enema with no warning rather you want it or not

What happened to...

4 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

More than that I can't imagine what on earth people would want to opt out of the speed buff for. It's a blanket buff to damage and on any event that requires high mobility which frankly is just about damn near any event in warframe. 

Hmmm? Seems like you're arguing one point in one thread, and another in a different thread.

How is Volt's a cocaine enema but Wisp's is totally fine? Why are you not arguing that Volt's is a blanket buff to damage and mobility?

On 2019-06-24 at 12:15 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

#1 Give us the ability to remove motes...

...It would be nice to be able to remove motes when needed.

Slap down 6 more modes and the shock mote you just did by accident disappears.

Breaching seems like it would blow up a mote

Absolutely not. Breach is awesome as is, but if it wipes out your motes that would suck.

#2 Shock mote needs changed or something.  Most enemies who get hit with Shock get stunned

Yes, that would be the point. Shock 'em for a second, then hit them with something high damage.

Condition Overload works particularly well as you already have 1 proc.

This can be good in some situations,  but as an offensive mote it does more harm than good

It's not an offensive mote (it would have to do crazy damage for that to work). It's a CC ability you can share with friends or put down where you need it.

Vuhban cries himself to sleep about it.

Although I think we need a new ghosty/ethereal melee weapon to go with her not just guns.   I would really love a great pair of daggers

They're called Ether Daggers. They look quite cool and do lots of Slash, but all dual daggers suck because they're slow weapons with terrible range, poor stances and no good mods.

For Ivara just get any decent single dagger (or make a Zaw one) and mod it with Covert Lethality, then you can stealth kill anything.

• 2 years later...