Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reaper Prime. The one and only.

No one talks about this weapon. I've despised it ever since riven mods came out in this game, since, believe it or not, this was one of the first riven mods I've ever obtained in this game, if not the first. I didn't like it. 5 forma. Full potential. Without and with a riven slapped onto it. Sure, aesthetic purposes, it achieves the 'reaper' feel nicely. Even more so with the nekros deluxe reaper skin. But I deleted that riven, sold it, got rid of it a long time ago. Now, with the BS that is rng and arbitration reward costs, I got another useless Phaedra riven, which I don't like using at all since I was hoping for literally any other archgun. Point is, I transfused it with 3 other rivens I had, and wadaya know? Reaper prime riven...again...this time, I'm prepared. I'm MR 22 now. I have hope that someone out there can finally buff this weapon, to a point where it gets the love it deserves. It's the first primed melee weapon in the game. The FIRST. How popular is this weapon? I rarely see anyone use it. It has a unique (or insignificant trait) of unbreakable momentum, apparently. Meaning that you get uninterruptible combos. Aka no knockdowns, bumps, trips, or Sonicor Mirages are gonna stop you from finishing/executing your melee animation. Now, I hardly find this appealing at all. The first prime melee introduced in the game was considered great back when it was introduced. Everyone used it. People heard of it. Enemies got sliced by it...But obviously warframe has changed and grown up since then. Now it's literally rusting in my inventory. The stats are ehh. Sure, you can kill things with it. Lancers 30-50 are goners. Past that, it lacks the reaping potential I think DE shouldn't just forget about. There's no special prime perk about it, to take fundamental note of. Not that there even has to be one. I just think that the first should inevitably be the og. original. The authentic prime melee. A sacred orokin weapon that bring out the 'shimmering goriness' out of those that fall beneath its blade. 

tl;dr- Reaper prime should get a well deserved buff, since it's the first prime melee weapon, it should hold up in the game until the end.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

One of the main problems with scythes is the stances are all really weak.  Reaper prime could be saved by a rework of the stances.

Also the lackluster damage. 75 damage, which I should mention is the strongest Scythe. That mere 75 is beaten out by a lot of non-Prime weapons, to say nothing of things like the Galatine/Gram Primes, twin idols of Power Creep

31 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Also the lackluster damage. 75 damage, which I should mention is the strongest Scythe. That mere 75 is beaten out by a lot of non-Prime weapons, to say nothing of things like the Galatine/Gram Primes, twin idols of Power Creep

I probably should've mentioned the stats. I ended up making a synopsis of how I felt about it. But yes, everything you said is how feel. It needs a drastic lookover. That's what melee 3.0 is supposed to be, right? I thought every single melee in the game would have their stats changed in some way. Every one. Yet, I think we're still at 2.99. Maybe. Idk.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Weren't they planning increasing the range of scythe weapons and enable the use of heavy Blade stances on them? 

What happened?

Never heard this before. Geez, how do I move this discussion to where potentially a DE employee can present this, or just any topic I come up with in general? Or are my topics just not noteworthy enough to be viewed there?

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

The stances are trash. Both of them. I've put a forma on it just to change the stance but I found both of them are pretty much equally useless.

Stalking fan. All you do is either move forward, spinaroo, hope it does what it looks like it's doing, aka shred the enemy to pieces, fail, or hold back, leap towards an enemy, fight with melee lock-on to target your enemy, and just do the move I mentioned before. Or...could just spam quick melee. I guess.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Stances are bad.  Damage is bad.  Range is bad.  Weapon is absolute cheeks and should be avoided at all costs.

That's why I made this topic in the first place. I want it to be great. I want DE to recognize it's potential. They could be so creative, adding some kind of perk to it that makes people want to use it for fun. What most prime weapons should be, I think. Weapons of Orokin design. Perfect in their opinion. Essential. Inevitable.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Jakimw25 said:

Never heard this before. Geez, how do I move this discussion to where potentially a DE employee can present this, or just any topic I come up with in general? Or are my topics just not noteworthy enough to be viewed there?

31:10  look at that Hate.

* sees Reaper Prime* *looks at Fang Prime*. "it could be worse, you know.... like a LOT worse."

don't get me wrong, Scythe stances are trash and they all need buffs, but let's not pretend like Dual Daggers don't exist and that if you were held at gunpoint and told to use either Scythes or Dual Daggers, you'd see nothing but wannabe Grim Reapers taking 5 mins to cut down one enemy. both classes of weapon desperately need a buff, and hopefully we will get that with melee 3.0.

• Like 1

I can make it worse for you....

Hate is better. Pretty sure it's always been better since Damage 2.0.

Scythes just need a good stance. Simple as that. Machetes sucked then came Cyclone Kraken.

I think the Scythe Heavy Blade thing was abandoned. Should have been at least because it's dumb and lazy.

Scythe stance combos are rather unwieldy with too much momentum, doesn't help that they don't have forced slash procs on them or strong damage multipliers. Stats on most scythes are also average at best. I wish they would get a upscale on weapon model, stat overhaul and put into the heavy blade category.

• Like 1

@Diavoros I agree with everything u said aside of the conversion to heavy blades. Idk y DE even suggested that since it has a few obvious flaws. E.g.: Dokrahm would become a heavy blade both with a 1h & 2h grip and also a already well set weapon category (in terms of viable options) would get inflated with even more super strong weapons (heavy blade keewar would be pretty op for sure).

Usally the stances is what makes or breaks a weapon class and since both sycthe stance r ancient it is no wonder that they r rly lackluster. Imo DE shouldnt even bother to redo melee all over again and just revisit the unpopular/old stances and make them actually viable (maybe also add a few new ones for warfans, rapier & nunchucks because having only 1 stance to "chose" from is kinda sad...).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Smurfdaddy said:

@Diavoros I agree with everything u said aside of the conversion to heavy blades. Idk y DE even suggested that since it has a few obvious flaws. E.g.: Dokrahm would become a heavy blade both with a 1h & 2h grip and also a already well set weapon category (in terms of viable options) would get inflated with even more super strong weapons (heavy blade keewar would be pretty op for sure).

Usally the stances is what makes or breaks a weapon class and since both sycthe stance r ancient it is no wonder that they r rly lackluster. Imo DE shouldnt even bother to redo melee all over again and just revisit the unpopular/old stances and make them actually viable (maybe also add a few new ones for warfans, rapier & nunchucks because having only 1 stance to "chose" from is kinda sad...).

Dokrahm already is a heavy blade though ?

what's the point of asking for a buff when we know that all melees are getting a buff eventually? and no, it shouldn't absolutely be the 'strongest' melee weapons just because it was the first to be introduced in a video game, this is a crap reason to do anything of this sort 

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

* sees Reaper Prime* *looks at Fang Prime*. "it could be worse, you know.... like a LOT worse."

don't get me wrong, Scythe stances are trash and they all need buffs, but let's not pretend like Dual Daggers don't exist and that if you were held at gunpoint and told to use either Scythes or Dual Daggers, you'd see nothing but wannabe Grim Reapers taking 5 mins to cut down one enemy. both classes of weapon desperately need a buff, and hopefully we will get that with melee 3.0.

So we aren't at melee 3.0 yet, huh? So was I right to think that every melee in the game would have their stats changed in some way? Because as I see it, all they added were more vfx, directional slam, and a hidden channeling function that still is kinda garbo. They even showed a berserk kinda ability you're supposed to do with your warframe. Is 3.0 just being DElayed again?

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

what's the point of asking for a buff when we know that all melees are getting a buff eventually? and no, it shouldn't absolutely be the 'strongest' melee weapons just because it was the first to be introduced in a video game, this is a crap reason to do anything of this sort 

Where's your argument, hmm? Reasoning? Are you just having a bad day?

2 hours ago, (XB1)Futarrari said:

Dokrahm already is a heavy blade though ?

That one is a particular case, if you use a dokrahm strike and short grip, it becomes a scythe zaw, same for plague keewar that also works as scythe with a short grip. Well they would most likely just remove scythe dokrahm in the case scythes were moved to heavy blades.

1 hour ago, Diavoros said:

That one is a particular case, if you use a dokrahm strike and short grip, it becomes a scythe zaw, same for plague keewar that also works as scythe with a short grip. Well they would most likely just remove scythe dokrahm in the case scythes were moved to heavy blades.

They should rework scythes especially their appearance , they are pretty small in game compared to real scythes .

The dokrahm and arch wing scythe are really the only true scythes in game , All the other ones are more like sickles .

• Like 1