Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an LGBT Glyph in the game

(PSN)Dakkaii

1 hour ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

-Snip-

So now you're calling all religious people small-minded. Lovely. Just lovely. And you wonder why things get so controversial every time socio-political/religious topics get brought up. You are the proof why identity politics and identity-based content of any kind (whether based on politics, religion, atheism, sexual preference, gender, nationality, race, etc.) should be left out of video games.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dragmod said:

Not gonna lie, I wish I could say I was surprised to see so much toxicity and bigotry.

Welp, back to killing Corpus... those money grubbing pricks.

Thats rich coming from someone who also has an opinion in this.

• Like 3

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Let me guess, you don't like ghouls too, eh? Dude, they're just people too. The radiation only changed their skin, not their heart.

If the radiation deformed their skin to that extent then I would assume it would also affect their internal organs.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

OP: "yo guys, i got the rainbow glyph i wanted, can we all mellow out now? please?"

all of you:

siesta key fight GIF

Honestly?  You can see my response to OP as humorous or incendiary or poignant, but it DOES make my point.

Judge me for it or don’t.  At the end of the day I have a daughter who is Gay and accepted and exceptional as a person.  It’s a part of who she is but doesn’t define her.

Im glad OP got his Rainbow 🌈 Glyph, and am NOT someone wanting to figuratively beat him down for it.  So I say to the “all of you” hyperbole...nope.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

And no, Warframe not political. Writing your own fictional story with fictional groups of fictional beliefs is not a political stance. It would be a very different case if they came out and said that the factions is their stance on how they view that respective ideology in reality but so far, that hasn't happened.

Steve said that the hyper-capitalism we see represented in Fortuna and the debt-enslavement of the Solaris is a response to elements of our current capitalistic economy, and the way it has treated people they know, their friends and family. The game has messages in it and they aren't coming out of a vacuum. All art and narrative is a function of their context, the politics and culture, and the artists' reactions to it.

Additionally, let me be the fifth or so person to state that sexuality isn't political.

58 minutes ago, SkornedBeef said:

Its a political thing and no one wants a belief force feed to them by a platform they like using. I have no problems with gay sh!t and like you said "We're all here to play, enjoy, and for a moment, escape." so with that sentiment dont you agree that its wrong to bring political opinions and signals into our escape from it all?

What about people who want an escape from homophobia in their real lives and want to be able to express themselves in a way they can't offline? Why can't they get an escape from that? If your escape from reality or leisure time is ruined by someone waving a pride flag, then I think that reveals serious issues in your attitude. We're all just looking to have a good time, whatever our circumstances, and just because people express themselves differently than you or the majority of players here doesn't mean it needs to be silenced or removed.

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Honestly?  You can see my response to OP as humorous or incendiary or poignant, but it DOES make my point.

Judge me for it or don’t.  At the end of the day I have a daughter who is Gay and accepted and exceptional as a person.  It’s a part of who she is but doesn’t define her.

Im glad OP got his Rainbow 🌈 Glyph, and am NOT someone wanting to figuratively beat him down for it.

Don't worry, Silv. "All of you" was just in general. I know you're good, but nonetheless this topic is getting out of control. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Don't worry, Silv. "All of you" was just in general. I know you're good, but nonetheless this topic is getting out of control. 

Well, to your point, that was where my initial response was going in a nutshell...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

2 hours ago, (PS4)Dakkaii said:

I didn’t mean this in a complaint way I just have a psn pride gametag and I thought it would be cool to have a rainbow glyph sorry if I offended anyone

How about you make your own clan, paint a rainbow coloured flag, reduce it in pixel size, then slap it on a shoulder as a clan glyph? There done. You're unique. Yay you!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Because everyone will want one for themselves and some will upset certain groups. Agree with it, and you upset one group. Disagree with it and people are annoyed that you're giving special attention to certain groups as opposed to treating all your players as equal customers. It's like jumping into a bar brawl between two drunkards, there's nothing for you to win and there's plenty for you to lose.

And no, Warframe not political. Writing your own fictional story with fictional groups of fictional beliefs is not a political stance. It would be a very different case if they came out and said that the factions is their stance on how they view that respective ideology in reality but so far, that hasn't happened.

That's not really it. If a group is upset by a community it means that this group has hate connotation in its intent. It's like people used to be against black people sharing the same room as white people, you don't need to think too long to see that one part of the argument is very flawed to begin with. There is literally no reason to be against people having a specific sexuality or religion or whatever (unless it's a hate group, like I am clearly not saying to put a nazi flag... )

No, Warframe is openly very anti capitalistic and challenge the concept of meritocracy very often. You don't look at fortuna or the index and think to yourself "Oh, the devs are clearly coorporatist or neutral on the idea of capitalism". Like, no, they clearly hate it and its clearly tied to their own history as a studio and they don't hide it.

3 minutes ago, Shelusine said:

That's not really it. If a group is upset by a community it means that this group has hate connotation in its intent. It's like people used to be against black people sharing the same room as white people, you don't need to think too long to see that one part of the argument is very flawed to begin with. There is literally no reason to be against people having a specific sexuality or religion or whatever (unless it's a hate group, like I am clearly not saying to put a nazi flag... )

No, Warframe is openly very anti capitalistic and challenge the concept of meritocracy very often. You don't look at fortuna or the index and think to yourself "Oh, the devs are clearly coorporatist or neutral on the idea of capitalism". Like, no, they clearly hate it and its clearly tied to their own history as a studio and they don't hide it.

Thats exactly the reason you dont create symbols on that room for white and black, as both can be normal and feel the same

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Shelusine said:

they sell an aweful lot of merch and make an aweful lot of money for a company that supposedly hates the very foundation that enables their existance

Edited by Helch0rn

5 minutes ago, SkornedBeef said:

Being discriminatory towards people who do not want it in the game. Yea, you are.

I fail to see how I've discriminated against anyone, I've simply been saying "Live and let live". If I've somehow personally attacked you,  I apologize.

• Like 3